Chapter 2

Once In A Blue Moon

Minseok was arranging his belonging in student council’s room when he heard someone knocking at the door. The clock showing that it’s already five p.m. so Minseok didn’t expect someone to knock at the council’s door room when he is all alone. He finished with all his belonging and checked his table once again to make sure nothing important will be leaved behind. He then walked to the door and found someone who had his back lied on the wall straight in front of the student’s council door room.

“Sehun, You are here” Minseok said plainly as Sehun lift his head and looked straight to Minseok’s face. “Let’s talk a bit, hyung” He said as he took a step forward to make himself straight from his previous position. Minseok just nod his head before closed the room and follow behind the younger.

As long as Minseok remember, the first time Minseok talked to Sehun was almost a year and half ago. Just a week after Minseok got selected as the student council’s president and become the first case for Minseok as a student council’s president. At that time, Sehun was just in his first year while Minseok was in his second years already. For Minseok, it’s kind of funny how Sehun has many similarities with his step brother, Luhan.

Luhan had been a troublemaker ever since their first year in high school. With his handsome face and outgoing attitude, he makes friend easily and also fans here and there. But that’s didn’t mean all people will love him. Some students find him annoying enough to call Luhan out for fights. Luhan never back down tough. He will accept the offer and return home with bruises on his body, but he still smiled as he said to their furious mother that he was won the fights.

And after Luhan, there’s Oh Sehun. One year younger than them. The first day he come to the school, he was already make a commotion among the girls that find him really hot and y. It was happened when Oh Sehun need to walk up to the podium and give some speech as he is the one who get the highest score in their high school entrance examination. When he passed by the girls line, they start to whispering in not so whispering volume and made the whole hall become noisy.

But a month later, right a week after Minseok got selected as the student council’s president, Minseok asked by the P.E. teacher to interrogate first year student, Oh Sehun as he had punch one guy from his class when they were in the middle of class in the gym. The P.E. teacher, Lee Minho said that he was needed to send the unlucky guy to the hospital first.

For almost half an hour, Minseok had been asking Sehun several questions but not even a single answer came out from the latter’s mouth. Minseok wait for another half hour before finally writing down on a paper and slide it to the person in front of him.  Sehun looked at the paper and to Minseok. “What is this?”. The president finally can see Sehun face as the latter keep looking anywhere but Minseok these whole time.

Minseok lift one of his eyebrows at Sehun. “This is for your parent. They need to come here tomorrow at 9 a.m. and meet with the school principal”. Sehun shrugged as he lean his back on the chair, eyes looking anywhere but Minseok. “They aren’t going to come”. Minseok keep studying Sehun’s face to check if the latter was lying. “Both of them are in America, I live alone here”. The older sit still for a while, waiting Sehun said another thing. But he said nothing, so Minseok start to pack his belonging and stood up when he finished.

“Let’s go, then” Minseok said as he motioning Sehun to stood up. “Huh? To where?” He said annoyed. Minseok smirked as he said “I have to make sure that you were saying the truth, you have to show me your home so I can check if you really live by yourself”. Sehun rolled his eyes as he stood up and followed Minseok. “Whatever”.

Actually Minseok is the type of person who really easy to believe and care for other people. But it’s also his nature to not showing his feeling to other people. That’s why sometimes people will think that Minseok is a cold hearted person when he actually not at all.

Sehun lead the way when Minseok realize that the younger had walked five steps ahead of him. When both of them walk on the corridor, Minseok notice one of the class room still unlocked as he saw the door was left ajar. Minseok then take a peek inside to check if there were still people inside. He heard someone take a deep sigh.

“Fine…”

Minseok felt the oxygen stuck in his lungs and his heart clenched so hard as his eyes focused on what he saw. Luhan, the owner of the voice which Minseok heard just a few seconds ago, now in the process of kissing a girl, Ahn Soojung- Luhan’s classmate- passionately. Minseok stumbled few step backward as he covered his mouth with both his palm, afraid that the couple in the class room going to notice his presence. He should leave now before both of them -especially his step brother- can see him. But Minseok can’t find the energy to move his feet anymore.

“Why are you still there?” Minseok head snapped as he saw Sehun on the end of the corridor waiting for him. . Minseok cursed because Sehun’s voice was too loud, maybe Luhan and Soojung heard it too. That’s why Minseok run to Sehun’s direction in flash as he afraid that maybe Luhan will spot him there. Instinctively, Minseok grabs one of Sehun’s arm and start to drag him towards the nearest bus stop from their school.

“Hey, hey… hey!” Sehun finally snapped as he shrugs Minseok hand from his arm. “Why did you suddenly ran and dragged me like that?” Sehun ask annoyed as he looking at Minseok’s back as the older was back facing him now. They now already in bus stop, and Sehun  was glad that there’s no one there now, or else both of them will gain some of unwanted attention now as he just snapped to the student council’s president just before. He then walked around the older in order to facing him fully. Sehun gasped as he saw Minseok, his eyes red and watery looks like he about to cry in any second soon.

“Wh-what… what’s up?” he said stuttering, afraid that his words will trigger Minseok to cry. “was something happened in that room before?” Sehun said as he put one of his hand on Minseok arm, trying to calm the other down. Minseok shook his head without looking at Sehun. “I- I just think I can’t go to your home today. I felt really tired, suddenly”. Well, Sehun can’t believe that the student council’s president who always looked all composed every day, now looked so fragile and weak in front of him. That was why Sehun take some to register what the older had said. Slowly, he unplaced his hand from Minseok’s arm. “O-okay”. With that, Sehun turn his body in the time with the bus to his home come, and he take a look to Minseok once more when he already climbed on the bus. The latter now walked weakly and further from the school building.

Sehun didn’t know why, and what happened with him but he can’t get image of Minseok’s watery eyes out of his mind. And it’s really bothering him.

 

 

The next day, at exactly 9 a.m, Sehun entered the principals ro after got the permission from the principal himself who still settled down on his table doing some of his works. He look up when he realize the person who just knocked his door, already inside his room now. “Oh Sehun, is there something that I can help you with?” Kim Jongwoon smiled as he put all of his focus on the person who just sat down across from him now. Sehun scoffed “I don’t know, you are the one who told my parents to come here anyway”. Kim Jongwoon face showed a confusion for a while before it changed to realization. “Ahhh… about that. Oh Sehun, I have something to say and I hope you will listen carefully” the principal intertwined both his hand and put it between the table and his chin. “Firstly, about your accident, we’re not going to talk about it anymore as the kid and the witness had said that it wasn’t you who start it. Second, even though you had an excellent grade and smart brain, but if you can’t control your temper, then that’s all means nothing. And the third…” the principal stop his words as he studying Sehun’s face who waiting for him to continue “there’s a student that I trust so much who said that you actually a good person. He said he will take all the responsibilities if you ever got in fight like yesterday again”. Sehun got his eyes wide open as he heard the principal final words. He scoff and the laugh sarcastically “And may I know who is this real stupid person, sir?”. Kim Jongwoon lift his left eyebrow before “Kim Minseok”.

As the school bell rang, Sehun got up and make his way towards the student council room to find a certain person. After he left the principal’s room this morning, Sehun felt all irritated as Minseok face keep on appear in is usually peacfull mind or so he tough. Why did he said such a thing to the principal? Take responsibilities? Even his parent off hands from that things about Sehun, that’s why he all alone in Korea while both of his parent in America. Sehun arrived in front of the student council’s room to find the room still closed. He cursed and about to turn his body and left when he heard someone calling out his name.

“Sehun”

Sehun turn his body and walk towards Minseok so he stand just one step from each other. “Why would you do that?” Sehun ask with angry but confused tone. Minseok blink his eyes to tell Sehun that he don’t understand what he means. “Responsible of me? Do you think I am a ing child?”. But Minseok smiled as he understand what the latter was saying.

“No, I’m not. That’s why, help me to confirm that what I think is a true” Minseok said as he looked Sehun right into his eyes. Sehun groaned, start from that, Sehun find himself not going to win against Minseok in everything.

 

 

“I’m sorry” Sehun glanced to Minseok who sat beside him as the latter apologized to him. “Hyung, it’s okay. I got enough from your mother this morning” Sehun said playfully as he shipped the bubble tea –Minseok’s treat- in his hand. Somehow, it’s really warming his heart just to sat down with Minseok and have little chat like this. Sehun still find it funny as he and Minseok getting really close after a year and half of Minseok taking ‘responsible’ of him. Just some months ago, he finally realized that his feelings toward the older is not what he felt when he just met him for the first time. After a month getting to know Minseok, Sehun realize that his feeling towards the older was admiration. As time passed, Sehun got confused every time Minseok show so much affection for him, how the latter was care for him until he realized that his feeling towards Minseok was not an admiration anymore. But it’s something much deeper than that.

Sehun fell in love.

 And Kim Minseok not helped at all with being too oblivious about it.

Minseok sigh as he keep looking down. “but, still…” he didn’t continue his words.  After a year and half always take care of the boy beside him, Minseok know Sehun wouldn’t like it if Minseok blame himself for something that’s not happened because of him. When the first time Minseok talk with Sehun, Minseok just think about how Sehun and Luhan really similar with each other, that’s why he ask to the principal to let him take care of Sehun’s behavior so he can somehow learn about Luhan’s too. Luhan is Minseok step brother. But after he realize his own feeling towards the boy, Minseok know he can never treat Luhan as his brother anymore. That’s why he though if he can treat Sehun like his own brother, he will be free from his feeling of guilt towards Luhan because he can’t treat the latter like brother anymore and always avoid him in every chance he had. And because of that, Minseok little by little learned that Sehun’s real character is really different from the time they just meet a year and half ago. If Minseok was tough that Sehun was a cold person who didn’t care about other people feelings, now Minseok have known that Sehun isn’t like that at all. He is a playful teenager who always doing everything he likes with so much heart.

“Hyung, you know about the audition that I have told you about some weeks ago?” Sehun suddenly said as he want to stir the conversation to another topic. Minseok nodded his head as he recalling the scene from weeks ago in his head. “The one with name SM Entertainment? Yeah… what’s with that?”.  Sehun take a sip from his bubble tea before answering while chewing the tapioca pearl in his mouth. “the announcement arrived like two days ago. I wanted to told you yesterday but the accident happened, so I think I should told you today. I passed the audition and they want me to come to read and sign some training contract”. Minseok gasped at the sudden news. “Oh Sehun, why did you just tell me now? Whaaa” Minseok suddenly pull Sehun in a tight hug and pat his back, a bit too hard, in excitement. “Congratulation Sehun-ahh”. Minseok said it. Sehun-ahh… how Sehun really like it When Minseok called him that.  “But hyung, they need me to brought my parent or guardian there as I need them to sign some paper too” Sehun said his problem before his tough start to wandering again.

After heard it Minseok keep silent for a while, indication that he was in the middle of thinking. After some seconds passed, Minseok smiled to Sehun as he said “Okay, I’ll come with you as your guardian and talk with them. Is this okay with you?”. Sehun looked at Minseok in disbelieve.  “Hyung, you didn’t need to do that. I was just-” Sehun words being cutted as Minseok suddenly stood up. “oh, my bus has come”. Sehun looked at the bus and at Minseok again “Hyung, seriously, you didn’t need to always take care of me, you know?” Sehun said before the bus come to the stop in front of him and Minseok as they had been sat down on the bus stop bench this whole time. Minseok smiled at Sehun. “it’s nothing, I had really much fun when I taking care of you anyway” he said before climbed into the bus.

“Really, hyung? So much fun? Oh hyung, you don’t have any idea how that’s words making me even fall deep in love with you” Sehun said as he watch the bus getting further away from him. “You know, hyung. I think I have my resolution now. I ‘m going to make you fall in love with me, no matter how long it takes” Sehun grinned as he sip another bubble from it’s cup.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

a/n : Hi… I come back… I’m really sorry for the really late update… and, there’s no Xiuhan interaction in this chap. I hope all of you will understand as i want to make it equal between xiuhan and xiuhun. And I write this fic while I watch Sehun in live broadcast…

Anyway, please vote and subscribe if you feel like to do it… And the most importantly, comments.. when you commenting, you can give me some advice to explore my idea, y’know?

Thank you for all of you… And I. Love. You….

 

 

 

 

 

Good bye... for now, at least....