CHAPTER 2

Let me be your lover

 

            Did I really forgot to pay him? Did I? Of course you did!! How can I forgot that I just jump out off his taxi because I can’t stand him and because I need to find Madam Lee as soon as possible, Pabo bom! You were so eager to find Madam Lee until. . . Wait a minute. . . . Madam Lee . . .. ? Oh my god!!!!   Madam Lee!!!!

Back to my sense I can see Madam Lee turn has come to be examined by the security gate. I can’t waste my time any longer, it’s all or nothing Bom!

            “Mr. . . aaa. . whatever your name is and ahjussi . .  . Can you please wait me for awhile I’ve got something to handle first. I promised I will come back!” I look at both of them back and forth,assuring them that I will comeback. Without wasting my time I start to sprint once again while shouting to get Madam Lee’s attention.  “Madam Lee! Madam Lee!!!!!!”  I run while screaming out her name. She seems to acknowledge that someone been calling out her name so she turn around. She look confusingly at me but at the same time wave at me. Phewww thank god she heard my frantically screaming voice. I stop running, walk my way to her as she said “What is it bom? Is there something happened at the store? Oh please tell me there is nothing happen there, I left you guys not even a day!” wowoowowo take a deep breath Madam Lee, its you the one who messed my day up, How dare you!

            “No, it’s not like that. It just this, you forgot to bring your daughter’s scholarship document.” I show the document to her. She’s looking for something inside her handbag, don’t tell me she didn’t believe me that the document is not with her. Still looking at her while trying to breathe calmly then she look at me with her shocki face “Oh! How can I forget it, this is the reason why I need to go to London and I almost left it here. Thank you so much bom!”  she take the doucment form my hand then hug me “No problem Madam Lee”

“Ahhh, I need to get going. Thank you again bom!” she wave at me walking straight ahead to the boarding gate.  “Most welcome! Have a safe flight!”  I shout back at her. Phewwwww you did such a great job Bom, I’m so proud of you. I tap on my left shoulder to show how proud I’m with myself. One problem settle, another one to go! I walk back to the place where I made scene while trying to find my purse inside my sling back. But it’s not here! My freaking purse is not inside my bag! I must have left my purse at the store since Yerim unnie is the one who gave me my bag and she sent me away without thinking that I might didn’t bring my purse with me.

 How am I supposed to pay the taxi fees? I look at the taxi ahjussi as he wave at me, I wave at him back awkwardly and saw Mr. Goodlooking is still there also looking at me with his non-stop amused face.  I look at taxi ahjussi, trying to give him the cutest smile that Park Bom ever ca ener give to anyone “Errr, ahjussi. .. . you see . . .  I think I left my purse at my work place. . .”  he cut me before I manage to explain to him more “Dont tell meyou don’t have the money to pay pretty lady. I know you’re pretty but still you need to pay for the fees”

 I try to defend myself, “No ahjussi. It’s not like don’t have the money to pay, but you know people tend to fogert. . . . my purse is not here with me now. How about you send me back to my workplace then I’ll pay you there ” he look at me disbelieve. “I promise!” I look at him with my hand raised up like making a promise, he seem like in a deep thought.

            “Oppa do believe you, but how can we go all the way back to your workplace when my gas is not enough and I don’t even have the money to pay for my gas? You’re my first customer for today” Tchh fisrt customer at 6 p.m. Yah pabo bom! Stop judging people! How you supposed to pay him now. Think . . . think . . . Think bom let your brain work a little bit  . . . 

“Errr, excuse me? How much is the fee sir?” Mr. Goodlooking ask the taxi ahjussi, I look at him with my eyes almost popping out “17306 won” taxi ahjussi answered him. Is he going to pay for me? Don’t tell me that he is paying my fees. . . He take out a few notes from his wallet, give the money to the ahjussi. “Keep the change” He smile sincerely at the ahjussi. I look at him dreamingly hoping that i didn’t look like a creeper staring at him that way. Omma, did you send an angel for me omma? Gomawo omma. But . . . . Omma didn’t you teach me not to owe others? Especially rich people?!  Omma once said to me no to believe rich people (just look at the way he dressed and the way he pay the ahjussi like money is not a big deal) , they tend to shower you with kindness and all at first then they’ll used us for their own benefit! No, this definitely not going to happen to me.

            “Why did you pay the fees for me?” I ask him not trying to sound so mad but still mad at him. He look at me disbelief  “Well, I’m just trying to help?”  tchh help? Rich people!

“But did I ever ask you to help me?” I ask him then added some salt that fortunately making him angry “Or do you want something from me, or . . . or is it a revenge because I landed on you?  Hahh! I knew it, rich people had 1001 lies to trick on poor people like me.”  “Do I look like ‘that’ kind of person, miss? As if I want to buy that cheap. I’m not a cheapskate and by the way looking at you . . .hmmm”  he raised his eyebrow and look at me up and down.  Did he just check me out?  

“I better get going, don’t forget say thank you to this handsome guy. Annyeong!” taxi ahjussi take his leave and run away. “Yah!! Ahjussi!!!” Great just great, he got his money and he ran away. Great. I glare at Mr. Goodlooking and said “Is it true that you have nothing against me? Because usually rich person like you . .. . .” he cut me before I can finish my judgmental statement. “Why are so judgemental? Do you think all rich people is bad ad all poor people are good? Tch. Nonsense. I don’t want to waste my time argue with you, I better get going. And for your information, you owe me an apology and gratitude!”  he start to walk away and bump on to my left shoulder  glaring at me deadly. 

            Pabo bom pabo pabo pabo. I look at the ground feeling embarrassed and sorry to him. I should stop my bad habit which assuming things I shouldn’t assume.  He obviously had helped you to pay the fees. Where are your manners pabo bom?! I scold myself  then look around me. Everyone seems very busy with their own business, of course there is no one I know here. How am I supposed to go to Spring Bloom? I don’t have my purse and my phone had died. Suddenly I had and idea which is a very crazy one! I look at the retreating figure who once help me and I back lashed him back. Drastically I run to that guy and block his way with my hand wide open. He look at me annoyingly.

            “Now what?”

            “Mr. Err?” I look at him counfusingly.

            “Jiyong. Kwon Jiyong” He answered me flatly.

            “Ha yes Mr. Kwon Jiyong shi. Since you had help me to pay for the taxi. Why don’t you help me a little bit more? Eheee?”  I can see he raised his eyebrow looking at me. There you go, his I’ amused face is back.

“Can you please lend me some money? I promised to pay you back! I can assure you that I'm a very nice and kind poor peeson.” Showing him my sweetest smile and raise to fingers showing a peace sign.