CHAPTER 3

Let me be your lover

 

            As soon as I arrive at Bloom Paradise I saw Yerim unnie busying herself with my flower wreath. Seems like it almost done. Yeay! now I can rest in peace when I get home later. Thank you yerim unnie, I owe you. . .  . . .ehhh . .. .  but I think she is the one who actually owe me. Ahhh whatever it is, for sure I can go back home without thinking to come here early in the morning tomorrow to finish it.  I walk straight to the pantry don’t want to disturb her, I’ll just thank her later after I drink. I open the fridge to get a bottle of mineral water and gulp it all away like there is no tomorrow then throw the empty plastic bottle inside the trashcan before proceed my way to my work table where Yerim unnie occupied it. I sit on the empty chair next to her. I was about to say thank you when suddenly the phone office ringing, without saying anything Yerim unnie look at me with her brow raised as a sign ‘go pick it up’

            “Yeboeseyo, Bloom Paradise here. May I help you?”  I answered professionally.  “Unnie! It’s me Chaerin, I really need your help right now. Me and Dara unnie are kind of stuck here in the heavy traffic. Well unnie, you do know the Choi's right?" the Choi's?  

“Yep, of course I remember. They are the one who made this whole week so freaking hectic” like really hectic trust me. Who the heck ordered 500 pieces flower wreaths and expect us to make it in less than a week? Yes it’s them! Well money can buy anything isn’t? Even 500 pieces flower wreath in less than a week! Tch rich people always make thing so hard.  I can heard Chaerin laugh from the other side of  the world. “You know what unnie, Miss Karen just called me just now. She said the Choi’s want the wreath by tonight.” Before I gone mad let me explain who Miss Karen is, she is the wedding planner that had been assigned to handle to this suddenly-out-of-nowhere-wedding-in-a-week.  Chaerin must be kidding me right? The last time they said it was supposed to be send by tomorrow morning suddenly they changed their plan?  Poor Chaerin and Dara need to rush here. I symphathize them, because they always get the hard to handle client.

“And don’t worry unnie she will send her van to pick up all the flowers in an hour” Chaerin added. Why should I worried? It’s her should be worry because they are stuck in a traffic jam and Miss Karen team will come in an hour. “So? What do you want me to help? OOooww, you want me to arrange it at the front isn’t, to make it easier for them right? No problem, not a big deal.” I answered her.

            “Ahhhh, not just that unnie. . . . You know . . .  I don’t think me and Dara unnie will arrive there before they come. We really need your help unnie or maybe Yerim unnie? She is still there isn’t she? Whoever it’s one of our team should be there to claim the cheque from them.”  Eeeeeehhhhhhhhhhh  I blink my eyes for a few time, didn’t know what to say. “Unnie are you still there?” 

“Ahhhh yeah yeah I’m here”

“Unnie my battery is about to die. Thank so much and hwaiting! Send my regards to yerim unnie if she still there. Bye bye” tuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuutttttttttttttt

            Dear god please don’t let it be me the one who need to go there. Please please please. . . I walk weakly as I pray silently hoping Yerim unnie would voulenteer herself. As I step in the work room I can see that its look like she is about to go home. Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo. . . . . .. . . . . 

“What is it bom ah? Why took it so long? New customer?”  she is still busying herself back and forth to collect all her things and put inside her bag then her phone ringing “Ahh okay okay, wait for a minute I almost done here”

            “Jaehyun oppa have arrived. I need to get going, are you okay to be here alone? Dara told me that she and Chaerin will do the closing today. So there is nothing much you need to do but dont forget to lock the front gate before you go. Annyeong! See you tomorrow!” 

“Haaa, an . . annyeong. . .. .”  Ha ha ha ha haha ha ah ahahh aha haha ha ha ahah  . .. . . .. .

 

            As I step out off the van I was mesmerized by the huge mansion of the Choi’s. I know the Choi’s are rich but I didn’t expect them to be this rich. We came in from the back gate of the Choi’s mansion, so here I’m at the backyard of the mansion. If their backyard can be this beautiful the front yard must be more spectacular to look at. It gave me the feels like I’m in Europe where the building looks classic and vintage. Being the busybody me, I walk away leaving the guy who was assigned to pick up me and the flower wreath behind. Well I just want to take a walk for a while, not every day you can be inside this huge mansion. It’s not a crime isn’t? Just a walk. . . . and be fascinated by the beautiful garden. After looking at the garden dreamingly I proceed my way to where I assumed must be the back door. wow, even the back door is huge.

 I must find Miss Karen as soon as possible to ask her from whom I should claim the remaining payment. Then I saw someone by the door, a guy wearing an apron. Not the cooking apron but looks like an apron where I saw makeup artist been using to put all their magic wands. He must be one of the crew! I better go ask him where Miss Karen is. I run slowly heading to him.

            “Annyeong!” I bowed at him. As I straighten my posture to look at him he suddenly grab me, not that hard but still he grab me like really realy suddenly grab me.

            “Finally. . . . you came! Come inside. We don’t have much time now” he said to me while dragging me to where I didn’t know. Wow, does he really know me? I didn’t knew they were really waiting for me or maybe us to come, he look so relieved after he saw me. Whewww Thank god I came, I don’t want to left any bad impression to them about Bloom Paradise. Dragging me through the hallway inside the mansion hen he stop in front one of the room and bringing me inside straight to the vanity chair. Infront of me, I can see the vanity table is full with many kind of beauty product, a makeup box, different kind of brushes and hair tools. I look at him smiling at me saying  "You're surely pretty no wonder he cant wait to marry you, but let me add a little bit more spices and salt to make you look bombastic!" waeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee????????????????????

 

            “Ouch! That’s hurt” I scream right in front of his face. He distances himself a little bit away from me and crossed his arm.

            “Honey, no one died because of eyebrow plucking. Can you just please sit quietly for awhile?”  he said in a very soft tone.  “Then, if its hurt why should I keep quiet? I’m not a robot!”  I answered him  little bit rude. 

            “I tell you what, to be pretty and beautiful you need to bare all of this pain. Okay? Don’t you want to impress your future in laws? I know you are pretty already but you look a little bit plain to me, you need to groom a bit more” I look at him in disbelief. I look plain? Did he knock his head somewhere or what? What nonsense is this? Future in laws? Is he joking?

“Wait a minute? Are you kidding me? I’m here not to impressed anyone, I’m just doing my job to send the flower wreath here. What with all this grooming nonsense?" I look at him then I can sense that he is trying to hold his laugh, is he really kidding me? But its look like he cant hold it any longer. "BBBuaaahahahahahahhahahahahah" I look at him annoyingly. Did he just laugh out loud in front of my face, does he think my words are joke? Or did I ever ask anything funny?

            “Ohmy . . .  ohmy. . . hahahahhaahhahahahahha you’re so funny. Really really funny, honey are you kidding me?” What the heck, he is the one who being ridiculous right and now he blaming me for being funny? “Honey, did you have a temporary amnesia? Tonight is supposed to be the night you should get to know each other session with your fiancé's family?”  he continue his job grooming my face. I’m to shock to respond on his ridiculous answer, fiancé?  Me getting married? I don’t even have a boyfriend! Its doesn’t make sense at all, what I can assure is that this guy really had misunderstood about what am I actually doing here. I try to clear things to him “I think you have a wrong person. Trust me, I’m just a florist and had been ask to send flowers here then find your boss to claim cheque from him or she or whoever they are”

            He look at me for awhile then continue putting blusher on my cheeks. “Really? A florist? Hmmmm you really know how to cover things up. That’s why even the paparazzi can’t detect your relationship with your him. But whatever, I knew you must be nervous to meet you future in laws right? It’s okay darling, I’m used to it, some of them are much more worst than you”  I think he is done with my face because right now he already taking all of his hair ‘weapon’ to groom my hair. But . . ..

            “But . . . I’m . .”

            “Shhh. . . na ah no but but. Darling, your hair look gorgeous already I don’t think there is anything much I need to do” he just comb my hair to make it more presentable I think? “There you go, now you can look at the magic I had done on you” he turn around the chair  for me to face the mirror. Wow. . ..

            “Is that me?” I ask him disbelief, I squint my eyes to make sure that the girl in the mirror is really me.

            “Why? Does it look bad? Did I do your brow incorrectly?”  he ask me with a worried tone.

            “Ahhh anniyaa. . .. its just that  . . .I look different . . .”  I look a little bit alive than usual. Now I know the meaning behind the power of makeup. I do wears make up on my daily basis, but I don’t think I could afford to buy anything besides compact powder and lipsticks.  Before he can say anything we heard a knock and a man voice.

            “May I come in?”

            “Aaa yeah, yea ofcourse Mr. Choi” I turn around to look at the owner of the voice. This must be the boss! I look at him quietly trying to figure out who is he, because I think I had seen him somewhere. . . But where?   . . .. . . .  . .. . .  Ahaaaaaa!!!!!

It’s the chubby guy!!!!!!!

            “Who the hell is she Jeremy?!” he ask the Jeremy guy roughly with his deep voice. Owww so his name is Jeremy.  Before I can introduce myself, Jeremy cut in.

            “It your fiancé! Do my makeup really works like wonder till you can’t even recognise her?” Jeremy answered him proudly.  Then the Mr. Choi guy look at me up and down observing me  and straight back look into my eyes . . . .

            “Jeremy, I think I need to talk with her. Alone”  emphasizing the word alone at jeremy and maybe me? 

            “Alright Mr. Choi Seunghyun”  Jeremy bow down to hime before he gone behind the door.