Just An Ordinary Day

If We Fall In Love Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 7 ~ Just An Ordinary Day

 

Ryeowook

I woke up so late the following day and was so lazy to get up if only I’m not hungry. I heard some noise in my kitchen so when I walked in I saw someone busy doing something on the counter. His back was facing me and I didn’t recognize him at first since I’m feeling a little light-headed. I made way to the table and pulled a chair to sit at the same time making the stranger notice my presence in the room. He turned around and smiled at me.

“Oh you’re awake now? Are you hungry?” Kyuhyun brought a plate of pancakes and sausages on the table before sitting down the chair beside me. “I’m sorry if I used your kitchen but I think you will be hungry when you wake up.”

“It’s okay… you brought me home last night right? Sorry for disturbing you,” I said leaning on the table.

“You didn’t disturb me. I don’t have anything to do at the moment,”

“Ughh..I feel heavy… I want to stay on bed the whole day,” I massaged my forehead trying to ease the pain. It’s no use though and I heard my stomach grumble in hunger.

“You should eat breakfast first then you can go back to bed,” he offered and the smell of the food makes me famished. “I made you these but don’t expect about my skills. It’s only enough for me to survive everyday and not to rely on fast foods.”

Despite my headache I smiled. I tasted the food and although it is a simple breakfast and I was touched by his thoughtfulness. I don’t remember anyone doing this for me except my mom or sometimes Sungmin. To be honest, I kind of liked it that he stayed until morning to look out for me.

“You’re still much better than Sungmin… if he was here he will nag all the time that will make my headache worse.” We started eating together in silence with occasional conversations in between.

“Did I do something stupid last night?”

“Hmm?”

“I mean I was so drunk. I don’t really remember much if I was drunk like that,”

“You really want to know?” he gave me a serious gaze.

“You’re making me nervous with that stare,”

“You should be,” he grinned. “Are you hiding some weird habits when drunk?”

I dropped the fork that I was holding and covered my mouth “I didn’t kiss anyone right?” I whispered. “No no no noooo… that wasn’t my habit. I was sitting beside Sungmin, I remember that. Did he do something that I need to hit him the next time we see each other again?”

I didn’t get any response from Kyuhyun besides that he was laughing hard at me. “Hey answer me Kyu!” I hit his arm but did not stop laughing so I hit him again but he dodged it with his hands.

“Was he like that? Hahaha…” he grinned. “Did you kiss before?”

“It was his fault! He was lucky because he is my best friend or else I don’t know what I have done to him that time.”

“Awww how sweet of you two. Someone should have taken a picture of that as a remembrance,” he teased.

“Don’t remind me of that pleaseee,”

“Sadly it didn’t happen last night,” Well, he finally answered my question. He should have said it earlier for me to avoid revealing any embarrassing experiences to him. That kiss with Sungmin… I buried that in my memories already.

“But you were so clingy last night,”

“How?”

“You don’t want to let go of my hand when I put you in bed. I thought you glued our hands together!”

“Really?” I asked and he nodded. “Then… how did you slept?.. . Don’t tell me yo-you—”

“I slept beside you if that’s what you’re asking,” he said nonchalantly.

I wrapped my arms on my body as I panicked, “What did you do to me? oh my… should I hit you now?!” I covered my face with my hands. “I should stop drinking now…” I wailed.

“You should be. What if you get kissed by somebody again??? Or maybe what if somebody tries to take advantage of you while you’re drunk??

“…but it didn’t happen…yet…”

“Whatever. You should limit it now or maybe I should go with you whenever you go drinking. You don’t always have to go with your best friend,”

“Really? You will go with me?” I asked, a little bit excited of finding a new friend to accompany me in parties or maybe anywhere I would like to go. Sometimes I feel guilty of tagging along with Sungmin which is probably one of the reasons why he’s still single.

“Anywhere…” he offered. “Feel free to ask me.”

“Okay, noted!!”

 

~~~

   

I decided to take a couple of weeks off from work to rest and probably visit mom and dad at home. Now I’m so bored because I couldn’t bother any of my friends since they are busy, especially Sungmin. It is the first time the he will work without me and he’s been asking me to take the vacant role in their project. I refused though. It’s been more than a year since I last took myself for a vacation so maybe this is the time I should be planning for it.

While in the middle of thinking what to do during my free time, I have to pay someone first.

The following morning, I went to the grocery store to buy some necessities and ingredients for the foods that I’ll be making. I planned to bake some sweet stuff as a thank you gift for Kyuhyun who took care of me two nights ago.

As soon as I was done, I packed up the chocolate cake and the cookies i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter