To Make Him Happy

If We Fall In Love Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 6 ~ To Make Him Happy

 

Kyuhyun

I continue to work on the photos the following morning in my office since I didn’t get to finish it last night. I was done with half of the casts and ready to be submitted to our editor. What stuck me was Ryeowook. I realized that I took many shots of him more than the others and it gives me a hard time choosing only two photos to use. Only two and the rest of it will go to waste? No, I forbid that.

I decided to choose the best two even it is hard and then I will share to Ryeowook the rest of it to his email. Maybe he wants a copy of them too. I wouldn’t be selfish and keep them all to myself though I’ve wanted this to display in my gallery.

Seriously though, I can’t help but stare at Ryeowook. He has that charm that I’m looking for in my photos. I browsed to one of the photos where he is actually smiling directly to my camera and it took me enough self-control not to melt on my seat.  I was still immersed staring at his beautiful face when I heard the door open so I immediately shifted the tab on my computer. No, I wouldn’t let my best friend caught me stalking at one of my muse.

“I’m surprised you’re here so early,” Changmin said upon entering the room. He went towards my work table to look at what I’m currently working at.

“You should say that to yourself. Don’t you have hangover?”

“I didn’t drink,” he sat beside me and I let him take a look on the photos I’ve done editing. “Aside from you I have no one to drink to, so I cancelled my plans.”

“Then I’m sorry for ruining your plans,”

“No you did not,”

”I did something more productive,” he smiles and I knew that he is planning something in his mind.

“Will you tell me about it or I will take a guess?”

“You will know soon,”

I take that as my cue to stop asking him. I’m one of his closest friends so I will surely find it out soon.  We talked about work stuffs but I could see that he is distracted. I really wanted to ask him but I also want him to go away now. Since he is currently navigating on my computer I’m afraid he will discover the bunch of photos I got from Ryeowook. I should have closed tab instead!

“Are you done with this? Just send it so you can get over with your work for now,”

“I’m nearly done,” I said. “Do you want a copy of it?”

“No thanks. I’m actually busy at the moment. Tell me if you’re done, I need your help on something okay?” he stood up and pats my back lightly before he left the room. What is wrong with him? Never mind, at least he didn’t stay long here so I can continue with my work. And this time I will try not to get distracted by Ryeowook’s smile.

Thankfully I finished my work after an hour and before I go down to our editor’s office I logged in to my email first to send Ryeowook the extra photos. I wonder what will be his reaction when he sees them. I texted him to inform that I sent something through his email. I didn’t expect to reply fast since I thought he was busy but I guess I was wrong.

The photos are great :) You’re a skilled photographer! – Ryeowook

I smiled hearing him praise me and I don’t know why but I feel this fluttering feeling in my chest. I replied telling him that it is because of him that everything turned out well. What I learned from the short time I’ve known Ryeowook was he is so humble. Even if his workmates says words of praise about him, he dismisses it praises other people instead.

I didn’t know what came into me that I suddenly typed something which wasn’t appropriate or should I say a weird thing to him.

Your smile looks beautiful – Kyuhyun

. The message was sent the moment I realized it. I only hope it doesn’t sound weird to him because the word beautiful is fit to describe his smile. I’ve realized it way back to the first photo I had of him, when I saw him first in Switzerland. I kept that photo in my memory wondering if I will ever meet him again in person. Its fate isn’t it?

You’re a flatterer. I wonder how many girls heard that line from you before ^^ – Ryeowook

And he knows how to ride a joke. But seriously though, I wasn’t joking when I said that. I hope someday he would really believe it and keep smiling for all the people around him. I forgot to reply to him since my mother called me asking if I am will be coming home tonight. 

“I will pick her up from the airport, are you coming to see your sister?” mom asked from the line.

“Nope. I would rather she her at home. We will just bicker around the airport mom,”

“Oh you two. Still bickering just like you were still kids,” I could tell from her voice that she’s remembering the times me and my sister would fight endless about nonsense stuffs but at the end of the day we got each other’s backs. “I actually missed hearing you too fight about who would get to choose the channel. Now that the two of you had moved out here the home looks so dull,”

“Mom, didn’t I promised you I would come as much as I can? I didn’t break that promise you see. I visit you almost every week.”

“I know. Just don’t mind me having this drama today. Remembering old times is one of the processes of getting old,”

Sometimes my mom needs reassurance that I am not forgetting them. They had been so sensitive like this since my sister left to Paris years ago. Then they began to act clingy to me especially when I decided to live separately when I graduated from college.

“Mom, you’re not yet old, don’t ever thing about that okay? Where is dad by the way? He should driving you around,”

“He’s in the office and will only come home later. Don’t worry I can find Ahra alone,”

“Okay mom. Drive safely, love you mom,”

“I love you more son. See you later,”

Short phone calls from them make me miss my home too. If I could rewind the time, I would bring back my childhood days where I was free of problems and didn’t know the harsh reality of world yet. I couldn’t do that anymore and the only thing I need to do is face the present.

 

~~~

 

Ryeowook

The audience gave us a round of applause and cheers after the curtain call. This is our last performance after almost two months. Big smiles can be seen of the faces of my colleagues for another job well done. And for that I heard there will be a celebratory dinner later in which I can’t say no.

As we held hands and gave our final bow I could see Kyuhyun smiling from the audience. He didn’t mention that he will come so I was a little bit surprised. We maintained our friends even after we’ve worked together and I found out that we get along well together. Even Sungmin joked that I had found a new best friend aside from him. Kyuhyun joined us occasionally when Sungmin and I hangout together.

 “I see your new best friend is here again,” Sungmin whispered when we got back to our changing room.

“Are you jealous?” I teased knowing that he gets irritated when I ask him about it.

“No. I still know you better… and longer than him,” he rolled his eyes and went to one of the cubicles to change his clothes.

“You are impossible,”

This is one of the rare times where he acts clingy to me. Sungmin is territorial to his close friends but I consider that a good side of him. If he treats you like that then you’ve found a very loyal friend by your side.

We finished changing to our normal clothes before we joined the rest of our colleagues at the nearby restaurant. As expected, they have already s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter