A Ray of Sunshine

If We Fall In Love Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 5  ~  A Ray of Sunshine

 

Ryeowook

Everyone is busy in the studio and here I am dealing with a worried Luna over my wardrobe and make-up. These past few days, I usually fall asleep out of tiredness as soon as I lay down on my bed so setting the alarm is ignored. Having forgotten to set my alarm again last night, I had to rush from my apartment to the studio in just thirty minutes. So when I arrived at the set I was welcomed by Luna who began to fuss around me.

“I waited for at least an hour for you… and now we have to rush these things,” she said while styling my hair into curls. I guess they will have to put that flower or any plant crown on my hair again.

“I’m really sorry, at least they haven’t started yet. They can begin with the other casts first if they want,” I said as I began to play with my phone.

“Sure they will, besides Kyuhyun oppa is not here yet,”

“Eh? The photographer is also late?”

“I think you two have a lot in common,” Luna grins. “Same age too right?”

I rolled my eyes at her. I am not always late; it just happens that I love to spend more time in my bed these days.

“What are they thinking with these plain clothes? White shirt? Long sleeves?” she complained looking at the set of outfit hanging. “Anyways, you can always look good in anything that you wear. Just flash your smile and you will catch the attention of everyone.”

She handed me the clothes for me to change so I went to the changing room. There isn’t any special with this photoshoot, just to promote our musical. They could have used the photos they took from the musical itself but I guess they want more.

I changed my clothes and studied myself in front of the mirror for awhile. I practiced my smile although it should come naturally; I’m really shy when a camera is focused on me. Should I smile with mouth open? But I want to show my small dimple in the right cheek. And what pose would I do later? This is embarrassing and to think I look crazy smiling here in front of the mirror.

I heard voices outside the room so I went out of the changing room to see Sungmin already there.

“Uhmm hi?” I greeted.

“Wookiee! It’s nice to see you” Sungmin exaggerates.

“You’ve seen me yesterday. In fact we always see each other…”

“That is true… so are you ready? It seems like you’re not in the mood today.”

“He is not in the mood right now… but let’s wait for it later. He will surely enjoy this day,” Luna shares a smile with Sungmin. I sighed at the two of them and sat down on the sofa. I can’t wait for this day to end and be with my bed again.

 

~~~

 

Kyuhyun

I groaned in annoyance as the car stopped again at the next stoplight. I am running late for the shoot. Why did this happen especially today?! I shouldn’t have stayed late last night if I have an early schedule today, but I had to finish the layouts for the other project I’m working on. If Changmin did not called me this morning I would still be sleeping on my bed.

After waking up to my best friend’s worried call, I immediately run to the shower and prepared myself without even eating my breakfast. Hope I would survive until lunch time.

The light turned green again and I sped up to the studio. I arrived just exactly when they were about to start the photo shoot. A very worried Changmin welcomed me as soon as I entered the door.

“Where have you been? I thought you got into a car accident!! We are about to start!” Changmin said concerned while I’m still catching my breath from running from the parking lot to the fourth floor of the building.

“Sorry. You know that I only woke up from your call,” I said going straight to an empty desk to begin setting up my camera. People around us were busy arranging the background and other stuffs needed later.

“Oh so you stayed up playing Starcraft again?”

“Of course not! I’m working on a project and you know what it is,”

Changmin hold up his hands in defense. “Relax, I’m just trying to lighten your mood. You won’t be producing nice photos if you are that grumpy.”

“You’re right,” it won’t help if I let my mood ruin my day. I finished setting up the camera and turned to my best friend again. “Is everyone ready? Let’s get started now.”

Changmin went to ask the staffs while I roamed my eyes on the set. Nothing is special here except for the bunch of flowering plants used as decoration. I guess I need to find ways with my photography skills to make this eye catchy.

I stared at the flowers and snapped a photo of them. The temperature started dropping not long ago and snow is expected to fall anytime now, but the photo reminded me of the fresh scent of nature, of the birds and butterflies flying above the flowers.

When I decided to become a photographer years ago my parents asked me why I choose this profession. I could have followed my father’s advice and took some business course in order to help the family business someday. But my heart is not there no matter how much I try to be interested. I want to work with art. I want to capture beautiful scenes using the lens of my camera and if it is possible I want to capture all the beautiful things my eyes sees.

I zoomed in the camera to one of the white roses resting on the vase. This is my mom’s favorite flower so I thought maybe I could send her a photo frame of it as a peace offering for not visiting home for a month.

Somebody knocked on the door breaking my thoughts of flowers and stuffs.

“Uhmm hi Kyuhyun…” a bashful Ryeowook said. “Am I disturbing you?”

“No, I was waiting for you actually… well uhhh are you the first one?” Damn, why am I suddenly feeling nervous? I glanced at the mirror to know if I look okay after rushing here quickly. Well, I look normal so why am I so conscious about it?

“I guess. Luna threw me out of the changing room when the staffs announced that we are starting,” He walks near the flowers on the set, smiling and admiring it. “This reminds me of our backyard in Incheon. I haven’t seen it for a long time.”

“Reminds you of home right? It is to me,”

Ryeowook hummed in response. “Maybe this is a sign for me to take a vacation once this musical ends. I want to go to a vacation to somewhere new.”

“You deserved a break after this. Don’t you think it is stressful to do another musical right after this?”

“Uhhm no? I love what I am doing. I only feel guilty that I don’t spend enough time with my family,” Ryeowook said inhaling the scent of the flowers. Standing five feet away from him I could find myself admiring the soft features of his face. His cheekbones and long lashes to his sweet smile, my hands unconsciously wraps on my camera to snap a photo. He didn’t notice me as I stole another shot of him.

“These flowers are beautiful… whose idea it is to bring these flowers here?” he asked but I wasn’t paying attention and instead looking at my camera. Only when he walked towards me that I snapped out of my thoughts. I wouldn’t let him know that I stole a photo of him.

“Let’s take photos now?”

“So what will I do?” he asked like an innocent boy.

“Well, you should put that first. It’s their instruction to me,” I pointed to the crown of baby’s breath on the table. It’s just like what they always put on his head during the musical.

Ryeowook sighed and went to grab it before putting above his head. “I wonder why it is necessary to put this on. Isn’t it enough that there’s bouquet of flowers there?”

“But it looks good on you…”

“Is that supposed to be a compliment?”

“Of course,” I part of his locks got tangled with the crown so I leaned to fix it. “Not everyone is as photogenic as you.”

“Thanks,” he said shyly looking down. If I pay more attention to him I could see that his cheeks turned slightly pink from the compliment.

We went through the photo shoot smoothly. Although Ryeowook claimed to be shy from the camera, he looked absolutely stunning from the shoots. From the previous models I had as a photographer, I never encountered someone like him. He is beautiful, and this word shouldn’t be used to describe a man. Although I can’t find any other appropriate word to describe him aside from beautiful.

It took me a lot of effort to pay attention to him instead of gawking at his stunning smile. And as I look at him I found myself in calm. It’s as if I had forgotten all about the early morning stress I had. I can’t help but smile back when he smiles at me. It’s contagious.

Maybe it was a good idea to let him be the first model for the photo shoot because my mood improved greatly after him. Oh my God, what is happening to me? I managed to tolerate the time while taking photos of the other casts. 

Lunch time came and I am glad that we will have at least an hour break befor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter