Chapter Five

Five Years Later
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Action,” the director shouted and on cue Chanyeol put on his trademark grin, displaying his perfect straight white teeth. Taking a big bite out of a caramel chocolate bar for the fifth time that day, he pretended to be thoroughly enjoying the sweet.

“A taste of heaven in each bite,” he said the cringe worthy line for what felt like the hundredth time, with a smile still plastered on his face.

“Cut,” the director shouted and as soon as the words left his mouth Baekhyun sprang forward, quickly making his way towards Chanyeol. Where he handed over a napkin for Chanyeol to spit the chocolate in and a bottle of water for him to rinse out the taste of what he said was a chocolate sin. Baekhyun had tried the chocolate bar himself earlier and felt truly sorry for Chanyeol every time he watched him take a bite because it truly was disgusting.

“We need to do another take,” Chanyeol’s manager said, beckoning the make-up artist to come over and touch up Chanyeol’s make-up.

“Why? What’s wrong with the last one?” Chanyeol questioned the tips of his ears turning slightly red in anger.

“You need to look more enthusiastic,” the manager replied.

“You try looking enthusiastic with that in your mouth,” Chanyeol shouted loud enough for everyone in attendance to hear.

“For God sake keep you voice down Chanyeol, the owners who hired you are here,” the manger reprimanded in a quiet voice, nervously looking over towards the men who owned the chocolate company.

“Good, maybe they can fix this load of crap and turn into something edible,” he said his tone of voice still loud enough for everyone to hear. “I feel ashamed that there are people who will see this commercial and waste their money buying this pig . I feel like a ing con man.”

“Stop being so ing dramatic Chanyeol and do your job,” the manager yelled at him in annoyance, losing his patience.  “Why do you always have to be so difficult?”

“That’s probably because filming stupid commercials is not part of my job description,” Chanyeol screamed getting to his feet to face his manager, towering over him as he stood almost a head taller than the man in front of him. “Who the hell do you think you are? Shouting at me like a child, you work for me remember? I’m the artist here not you, and if I want to leave I will because I don’t give a about what you or the director think.”

“Calm down Chanyeol,” the manager said in a much calmer tone.

“I am done, now you can make do with what I’ve recorded so far or you can find someone else, do whatever the hell you want?” he said directing his words not only towards his manger but at everyone who was listening, before walking off the set and heading towards his dressing room.

“Go after him, make him see some sense,” the manager told Baekhyun as soon as Chanyeol left and doing as he was told he followed Chanyeol and arrived at the dressing room just as Chanyeol was ordering everyone inside to leave.

Baekhyun expected to be kicked out with the others, but Chanyeol didn’t say anything when he saw him entering the room. “You okay?” he questioned timidly noticing the way Chanyeol was shaking in anger.

Chanyeol didn’t reply and slumping onto the couch he groaned loudly while rubbing his fingers over his eyes.  “Just perfect,” he mumbled while stretching his long legs and resting his head against the head of the couch.

“Don’t you think you slightly over reacted?” Baekhyun questioned, slowly moving closer towards him and bracing himself for Chanyeol to bite his head off.

“Yeah I probably did,” he answered calmly raising his head to look at Baekhyun who was still standing close to the door. “Why are you standing over there? You scared of me or something?”

“Well you are quite scary,” he retorted a faint smile forming on his lips when he saw how shocked Chanyeol looked by his statement.

“I frightened you?” he frowned worriedly.

“You did a little bit,” Baekhyun teased as he set down next to him. “I think you frightened poor Joon more. He was only doing his job.”

“Well than he should stop being such a condescending ,” Chanyeol snapped in irritation.

“Yeah maybe, but you were being very difficult,” he said earning an eye role and a scoff out of Chanyeol.

“Are you really not going to film another take?”

“I’m not going out their again, I do have some pride,” Chanyeol retorted in indignation.

“We’ve just wasted half the day here, would you rather get paid for your time and effort or keep your pride?”

“They wouldn’t dare not pay me.”

“Why not, you didn’t see the job through?”

“Yeah but I have over ten million twitter followers and if they refuse to pay me I will let all of them know  exactly how tasty, ‘chunky tasty’ really is.”

“So you’ll blackmail them?” Baekhyun chuckled.

“I did what they wanted, I took five takes. They can just use one of those. What the hell do they want from me?”

“Another take apparently,” Baekhyun smiled.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter