Meeting in the Sky

One More Time

One More Time

 

AN: Sorry for the wait everyone! I was suffering from a writer’s block and I was visiting my relatives in a place with no internet connection T_T I’M BACK. Thank you for continued readership, subscriptions and comments! (to the person who gave me karma, you’re a great soul)

 

Chapter 3

 

`Blegh, I was expecting Fish & Chips not a strip of cardboard and pieces of plastic. I guess the horror stories about food served on budget airlines are true after all.’

 

I gingerly pushed my food tray aside with a grimace and turned my head to stare out the window. Five hours had passed since the plane took off and a majority of the passengers were already asleep. Insomnia had me in its clutches once again; so here I am, sitting in a cramped corner, bored out of my mind.

 

`I don't feel like doing anything right now, might as well watch the clouds to pass time. That one looks like Tiffany's bu-’

 

Yo, whatcha doing?”

 

I snapped my head to the left in the direction of the high-pitched voice that distracted me from my thoughts. The row I was in was pretty much empty except for a sleeping man a few seats away.

 

“Hey blondie, up here”

 

I looked up and let out a tiny yelp of surprise when I saw a shock of bright red hair dangling above me. I gave the excitable stranger a blank look and studied her features. She definitely classifies as a beauty by society’s standards. My eyes were drawn to her luscious, pouty lips. The rest of her body was blocked by the back of my seat.

 

“Umm… shouldn't you be seated down?”

 

“Don't feel like it. Besides, I’m bored and you look like you’re in need some company.”

 

“Isn't tiring for you to hold a conversation with me and lean over my seat at the same time?

 

“That is why you should scoot over a little.”

 

My eyes widened as she lifted herself over the seats and plopped right next to me.

 

“I just remembered that I haven't introduced myself. Nice to meet you, I’m Sunny. So what’s keeping you up?”

 

“Just couldn't sleep” I curtly replied. I was slightly surprised that she couldn’t recognize me perhaps not everyone stays up to date with who’s who in the world of business.

 

“It’s basic courtesy to offer your name too you know. You’re not much of a talker are you?”

 

“Not really, unless I need to.”

 

“So much for finding some company to spend the rest of the flight with. I guess I’ll head back to my seat then.” Sunny sighed as she started climbing back over the seats.

 

“Tae Yeon” I mumbled.

 

“Sorry, did you say something?”

 

“My name, Kim Tae Yeon. Pleasure to make your acquaintance Ms Sunny.”

 

“Drop the formalities, calling me Sunny is fine.”

 

Sunny beamed as she settled back down on the seat. She started rattling on about how bad the airplane food was to which I agreed wholeheartedly. The casual conversation continued on throughout the flight and mainly consisted of Sunny’s comical rambling and accompanied by my occasional nods and bouts of laughter. I quickly warmed up to her bubbly personality and found myself at ease in her presence. We began to doze off and let the soft humming of the plane’s engine lull us to sleep.

 

After what seemed to be a matter of minutes, the pilot announced that the plane had finally landed. People were shuffling out of their seats and getting their carry-ons. I looked to my left and found Sunny standing in the aisle with both of our carry-on bags on hand.

 

‘Wait… how does she know that that’s my bag?’

 

“Hey! Come on sleepyhead, time to get off this plane. What’s up with that look?”

 

“H-how did you know which bag was mine?”

 

“Your luggage tag, duh. C’mon let’s get off now.”

 

“Oh yeah, sure let’s go.”

 

Sunny and I had booked the same hotel so we were headed the same way. That put my heart at ease as I felt less lonely with a somewhat familiar face in a totally foreign country. The hotel we booked was a within walking distance from the airport so we quickly collected our luggage and made our way towards the building. The both of us were eager to get some rest after such a long flight.

 

We were walking along a crowded street when a thought struck me. My bag didn’t have a luggage tag.

 


 

“Get rid of the body. Burn it.”

 

“Yes your highness.”

 

“How dare that stupid organization set this up. No one crosses the Empress unscathed.”

 

“Of course, your highness. Is there anything else I can do for you?”

 

“Find Tae Yeon.”

 

“As you wish… your highness.”

 

AN: Once again another short chapter but the next update will be coming within this week! I'm so sorry ;^; comment if you want longer chapters or are you guys fine with these short updates? Hope you enjoyed this chapter!

 

Till Next Time :)