Oh, boy

I'm Yours

~Oh, boy!~


 

3 years later, Seoul

 

“Good morning, Mr. Byun. Wow, this must be your new record. 7:47am on the first day of classes. I will note it down, for future generations.” Baekhyun rolled his eyes, and sighed. He was standing in the principal’s office, already about to get a detention. But one thing was true: this must have been a new record. “Oh, and congratulate your friend, I know you were not the only one who flooded the bathroom,” the principal smirked, and so did Baekhyun. Now he was happy, knowing that Jongdae will be punished as well. They might be friends, but as they say “if we’re going down, we’re going down together”, and right now, Baekhyun was standing in the office alone, because Jongdae managed to escape.

“In such a case, this truly is a good morning, sir!” he laughed, and that was when he realised there was someone else in the room. He looked at the two boys that were standing by the window, and raised an eyebrow. He hadn’t seen them before.

One of them seemed to be slightly taller than Baekhyun, with a baby face, big eyes, and blond hair falling on them. He was slim, a bit femine looking, Baekhyun thought, as his eyes traveled on the other’s body. He was wearing a white t-shirt with some super hero looking character, a grey hoodie, a dark blue jacket, and dark skinny jeans. Baekhyun checked out his legs, raising an eyebrow, “hella approved,” he thought, nodding his head. When he looked back up, he smirked, seeing the blond guy blush under his gaze. “Fluffy ball od sunshine,” Baekhyun thought, and chuckled.

The other boy seemed different, though. He might have had a young, almost child-like face as well, but there was something about his aura, that did not scream “fluff, fluff, fluff”. Baekhyun looked at him carefully, judging hard. After all, that was what Baekhyun was born to do. The boy had hair as dark as a night, porcelain complexion, his eyes were single-eyelid, in a shape of an almond, almost as dark as the boy’s hair. Sliding his eyes lower, Baekhyun’s jaw dropped a bit, as he laid his eyes on the boy’s arms, and then tight, black v-neck. “Me gusta,” he whispered to himself, running his tongue over his upper lip. Just as he looked even lower, to check the boy’s leg, that were tightly wrapped by a pair of black, ripped skinny jeans; the boy turned to the side to say something to his friend, and Baekhyun couldn’t be happier, as his eyes landed on the other’s . “Mraw.

“Baekhyun, you’ve no idea how glad I am you’ve decided to drop by on this fine morning,” the man behind the desk started again, “Since it’s not even 8am, and it’s Monday, and the first day of classes, and you are only partly responsible for that stupid joke of yours, the punishment will be different this time.”

Baekhyun grimaced in surprise.

“And why is that?” he asked, feeling suspicious.

“Because I have too many things to deal with at the beginning of the year, and I don’t need you running around after school while you should be in detention. So, we have new students at school, they came from China, your task is to take care of them, show them around the school and all.”

“But I don’t speak Chinese,” Baekhyun mumbled right away, quickly realising how stupid it must have sounded. “Is that all?” he added, hoping no one would realise.

“That’s all, now go and behave, I beg of you, and tell Mr. Kim that he should not be feeling safe.”

“Oh, I will make sure of that,” he whispered, and tuned towards the two boys to let them know they were leaving. “Hey, I’m Baekhyun,” he introduced himself once they were outside, smiling widely.

“Hello,” the blond guy smiled back, and bowed slightly. “My name is Luhan, and this is Minseok,” he introduced himself and his friend, and Baekhyun frowned.

“Minseok?” he repeated, looking at the boy, “it doesn’t sound Chinese.”

The said boy laughed, before answering, “I’m Korean. I was only studying in China.”

Oh,” was all that escaped Baekhyun’s lips before they started their little trip.

Baekhyun took care of the boys for the first half of the day, meeting with the right after classes, and they were now heading for lunch.

Baekhyun and Luhan were in a deep conversation about something that probably seemed very important to them, but not at all to Minseok.

The oldest was walking slightly behind them, looking around the school, with a very uneasy heart. It was weird to be back home after such a long time. He looked outside the window, and his thoughts took him back in time, to the last winter he had spent in Korea. To that night, he had to leave Jongdae behind. He sighed, feeling emptiness filling his chest again, and followed Luhan and Baekhyun into the cafeteria.

“Oh, there are my friends!” Baekhyun exclaimed after they had taken their food, “come, sit with us,” he smiled, and both of them nodded. “Yo, yo, yo! Look who I brought!” Baekhyun greeted his friends, and mentioned towards Minseok and Luhan. The two qickly realised Baekhyun was the loud type.

By the table sat two tall boys, one with dark hair, big eyes, massive smile and huge ears, the other being an opposite, with blond hair, average eyes, almost none existing smile, and small ears.

“Who’s that?” the dark one asked, smiling at Minseok and Luhan as they all sat down.

“My punishment,” Baekhyun said, and as soon as the words left his lips, he realised how wrong they sounded. “NOT LIKE THAT!!!!” he exclaimed, but one of his friends was already laughing at him. “Ugh, Yeol, you’re so stupid, seriously,” he mumbled, and then looked at the new boys, “sorry for that, it’s not what I meant, really,” he apologized, and the two only smiled.

“I’m Sehun,” the blond boy introduced himself, mentaly rolling his eyes at his best friends.

“Excuse him, he meant hun,” Baekhyun chimed in, but a moment later a cookie hit his face.

“Shut up, BB,” Sehun retorted.

“BB?” Luhan asked, amazed by what was happening in front of his eyes.

“ Byun,” the blond guy explained, his eyes meeting Luhan’s for the first time.

“At least I was not born with the resting face syndrome,” Baekhyun mumbled, getting rid of crumbs from his hair, but Sehun didn’t pay him any more attention.

“Anyway,” a new voice joined, and Minseok looked at the big guy in front of him, with big ears sticking to the sides. “I’m Chanyeol,” he smiled, and Minseok could swear that smile was the biggest he had ever seen.

“I’m Minseok, and this is Luhan,” he said, poking the blond guy sitting next to him, but he was too deep in a conversation with the other blond boy.

“Where are you guys from?” Chanyeol asked, stuffing his mouth with food.

“Ugh, Yeollie, behave, please,” Baekhyun said with disgust, narrowing eyes at his friend. The tall guy only shrugged, and focued his attention on Minseok again.

“Well, I’m from here, Luhan’s from China.”

“China? How do you guys know each other?”

“I spent the last three years studying in China, we went to the same school.” Minseok kept answering all the questions with a small smile on his face.

“And you came here for college?”

“We’re seniors. We came here to get our degree from here.”

When he said that, Chanyeol started chocking, “Seniors?! No way! But Luhan looks like a 7-year-old girl!”

“Yo! I’m manly as !” said boy shot up from his place, smashing his hand on the table.

“Of course you are, Lulu, now sit down, and stop causing a scene,” Minseok murmured, embarrassed by his friend. “One simple rule,” he continued, looking at Chanyeol, “never call Luhan girly, or all hell will break loose.”

Chanyeol only nodded, visibly confused by the outburst.

“I like you,” Baekhyun declared, looking at the boys, “we’ll be throwing a small party tonight at Chanyeol’s, wanna come?”

Minseok and Luhan looked at each other confused, “Sure, thanks?” Luhan replied smiling at Baekhyun. “Oh, just one thing, stop checking me out, because as much as it flutters me, you are not my type,” Luhan said and wiggled his eyebrows.

“Oh, baby, you’re hurting my feelings,” Baekhyun smirked, winking at him. “Speaking of hurt, where the hell is that head of a friend?”

As the words left Baekhyun’s lips, they heard a loud scream from the other way of the hall.

“Here’s the answer to your question,” Sehun laughed, knowing that whatever was going to happen, would be hilarious.

And he was right.

Just a few seconds later everyone in the cafeteria eyes’ focused on the entrance, and a boy that ran through them, breathing heavily.

At first Minseok only frowned, but the moment the newcomer raised his head, and started heading towards them, his heart stopped.

“Impossible,” he whispered.

“Jongdae!” Baekhyun shouted, but another voice interrupted him.

“Baekhyun! Catch him!”

The moment Jongdae heard the last command, he started running again, but didn’t get to run far, as a figure neared him incredibly quickly, and grabbing him by a sleeve, pushed him back slightly. Jongdae lost his balance and fell back, hitting the ground. Hardly did he manage to turn on his back, as he felt a massive weight on his stomach.

“Junmyeon, , get your fat off me,” he whined.

“Stop being a cry baby, go back to the nurse!” a black haired boy, Junmyeon, ordered.

“Wow,” Baekhyun spoke, “you know how to make the entrance, Dae,” he chuckled.

Jongdae looked up at him, and growled, “Shut up, and help me!”

“Yymmm, nah, I don’t think so,” Baekhyun shrugged, and stuck his tongue at the boy lying on the floor.

Jongdae growled again, and finally pushing his friend from himself, he got up and looked at Baekhyun, hurt evident in his eyes.

“I feel betrayed,” he sighed, a hand going to his chest, the other to his forehead, “and my hurts as well, thank you very much, Junmyeon,” he murmured, glaring at the older.

“Speaking of betrayal, today morning, due to you abandoning me, and making me face the principal’s wrath alone, I made new friends,” Baekhyun beamed, “meet Luhan and Minseok!” he exclaimed, pointing at the two new boys.

Jongdae froze upon hearing the name, and his eyes quickly followed Baek’s hands, just to be met with a pair of dark, almond shaped, oh, so well known, eyes already looking at him.

Minseok…” Jongdae whispered, in a state of surprise, confusion, and something he couldn’t quite name. There were two contradicting feelings growing in his chest, one was pain, and hurt, and a heavy weight, but the other was soft, smooth, pure. He felt a warmth spreading across his body, and his mind finally going at rest, as he finally knew, his Minseok was safe and sound.

“Jong… Dae,” Minseok stuttered, while getting up, and standing in front of the other.

He felt like throwing his arms around the younger, and embracing him with all his strength, but there was some king of a barrier between them, and invisible force that separated them.

Even tho they stood right in front of each other, it seemed as if they were separated by miles.

Imagines from the night they last saw each other flooded Jongdae’s mind. The hugs, kisses, and promises.

“I’m yours. I’ll always be yours.”

He never expected to see Minseok again. Not after what happened.

"How?" Jongdae whispered, his eyes never leaving Minseok's

Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol and Sehun, all of their faces painted with confusion and worry, so he decided to speak up.

"Jongdae?" he asked, nearing his friend, and putting an arm at his shoulder, "everything's okay? Do you guys know each other?

Jongdae slowly turned his head to look at Baekhyun, then back to Minseok, and again to Baekhyun. He was trying to decide whether now, after three years, he can finally tell someone that they were together... that they used to be together, or not. Many things had changed, Jongdae himself changed significantly, but that did not mean that Minseok had too. He did not want to introduce Minseok as his once best friend. It'd been long since the last time they were only friends. 

"Minseok, are you alright?" Jongade heard Luhan ask, so he glanced at him, and saw him entertwine his fingers with Minseok's. A wave of jealousy washed over Jongdae, as he frowned and narrowed his eyes on Luhan. Minseok was his, only his.

Jongdae was about to speak up, and tell everyone who Minseok was to him, but Junmyeon beat him to it.

"Jongdae, babe, we gotta come," Junmyeon said, grabbing Jongdae's hand, wanting to escape the suddenly awkward situation.

For the whole time Jongdae kept looking at everyone else, Minseok's eyes stayed focus on the younger, but the moment he heard Junmyeon call him "babe" something clicked in him, "who the hell does he think he is?" he thought. Jongdae was his, only his.

Jongdae shook his head, as if going back to reality.

"First, I am not going back, Junmyeon cut it, I'd rather die," he declared, looking to his right.

"That's what will happen if you don't come," Junmyeon murmured to himself, tho everyone could hear it anyway.

"For s sake, Jun, it's only vaccination!," Jongdae yelled, once again gaining attention of people from other tables.

Minseok chuckled, finally understanding. Jongdae was terribly afraid of needles. The oldest smiled to himself, going back in memory to the time Jongdae almost fainted when they were watching a documentary back in primary school. Of course, at that time Minseok was terrified for his friend, but going back to that day, always put a smile on his face now.

"Second," Jongdae continued, "yes, Baekhyun, we do know each other."

"How?" Sehun asked, looking Minseok up and down.

"Well, we used to be...," Jongdae started, but was interrupted.

"We used to together," Miseok answered quickly, and everyone's eyes grew bigger.

"这是他?" Luhan asked, letting go of his friend's hand.

"是" Minseok smiled.

"Oh, boy, seriously?!" Baekhyun exclaimed, "Ahhh, and I wanted to call dibs," he murmured.

"You, WHAT?" Jongdae asked, looking at his friend.

"Yo, calm your down, I won't do it now!" Baekhyun said, raising his hands in defence.

"Sorry, Baekhyun, you're not really my type, anyway," Minseok chuckled, "however, it flutters me, seeing how you were drooling over me this morning."

Baekhyun instantly became red, upon hearing the comment, but didn't get to say anything in his defence, as a lound scream reached their ears.

"KIM JONGDAE!"

"Oh, boy," Jongdae murmured, becoming pale, "I'm going to die."

"Kim Jongdae!" A tall, well built woman repeated, standing in front of poor Jongdae, "I don't have time for your stupid jokes! This is the first day of school, and I am already done with you! Now, you're gonna go with me, you brat, or I swear!," she finished, grabbed Jongdae by an ear, and started dragging him with her.

Without thinking, Minseok started following the two, smiling to himself and laughing at his exboyfriend.

"She is so ign scarry," Sehun mumbled, and his heart broke for his friend.

"Jongdae is such a ing cry baby, I swear," Baekhyun added, and started laughing.

"Were you really drooling over Minseok?" Chanyeol asked, looking at his crush.

"Emm, well, hue hue, funny story you know..."

 

 

"You didn't have to come, you know," Jongdae whispered, sitting on a chair in the nurse's office, while she was prepering his arm. Minseok was sitting next to him, smiliging softly.

"I know how afraid of needles you are," he started, "and I am the one who knows how to calm you, did you forget?"

"Of course not, how could I?"

Jongdae looked up at the boy next to him, and his heart skipped a bit. He missed Minseok's smile, his laugh, his eyes, soft touched, tender kisses, warm hugs...

"I missed you, so much," he mumbled, and blushed a bit, "I'm sorry... I probably shouldn't have said that..."

"I missed you, too, Jongdae. Like crazy," Minseok confessed, taking younger's hand in his, and started drawing small circles on his palm. Jongdae relaxed under the older's touch, and smiled at him.

"Then why did you do it, hyung? Why did you stop answering my calls, texts... you erased me from your life, like I was nothing but a memory you wanted to forget...just like your parents wanted you to..."

"Please, don't say that," Minseok whispered, feeling his heart break again. "That is not true..."

"Then what is?" Jongdae asked harshly, but his grip on Minseok's hand tightened, "What is true, then? Because not that long after you had gone to China, you stopped calling, texting..."

"My parents came to visit, and my father took my phone, Jongdae," Minseok explained, "He got me a new one, one, that allowed me to cominicate with people only in China. I could use my grandparent's phone only to call my parents, they kept a watchful eye on me at the beginning. Those few times I managed to call you, you never picked up..."

"I don't answer unknown numbers," Jongdae whispered, his eyes focused on his once lover.

"I know," Minseok whispered, cupping younger's cheek, and smiling sadly, "but I still hopped. When I finally bought a new phone, I tried to call you right away, but you never picked up, because the number was invalid...."

Jongdae took a deep breath in, trying to wrap his head around it.

"Why, Minseok?" he asked, his voice weak, "why do your parents hate me so much? What have I ever done to them, beside falling in love with you?"

"Don't think about them, Jongdae. What they think doesn't matter, it shouldn't have ever mattered," Minseok said and pulled Jongdae into a hug. The younger instantly leant in, hugging him back. It took him a moment to realise they were still at the nurse's office.

"Oh, emm, uugh," he mumbled, looking at the woman, "I am soooooo sorry," he apologized, bowing his head low.

"Don't worry, sweetheart," she smiled softly, and Jongdae quickly looked at her. "Since when does he call me a sweetheart?" he asked himself. "You two are so adorable together, I hope that whatever happened, you'll manage to work it out." She smiled, and the two of them smiled back.

"Thank you. Ahh, I think we should get down to business now," Jongdae sighed, extending his hand, and closing his eyes.

The woman only laughed at this, so he quickly opened his eyes, confused.

"Oh, boy," she sighed, "you really are something, Jongdae," a giggle escaped her lips as she mentioned at the band-aid, "I've already done my thing, you didn't even notice."

"Oh."

 

 

 

"Are you okay, now?" Minseok asked, as they were walking down the empty corridor, heading back to the cafeteria.

"No, my head and still hurt from when Junmyeon pulled me, I swear I'm gonna kick his ," Jongdae murmured, touching the back of his head. A moment later he felt Minseok's hand on his neck, and a soft kiss was placed on his hair.

"Does it still hurt?" Minseok whispered directly into his ear, which sent shivers down the younger's back. Oh, how Jongdae used to love it, when Minseok did that.

"Hyung, what are you doing?" he laughed nervously, "we're not kids anymore."

"You used to love it, when I was doing that, Jongdae," Minseok continued, bringing his hand up to brush a few strands of hair that fell on Jongdae's eyes away.

The younger turned to face the boy, and when he did, their faces were only inches apart. Jongdae could feel Minseok's hot breath hit his skin, their noses almost brushing against each other.

"I think we should talk, hyung," Jongdae mumbled, hardly opening his mouth, too afraid that his lips would touch Minseok's.

The older took a step back, and smiling at Jongdae again, took his hand in his, gave it a squeez, and started walking towards the cafeteria again.

What both of them failed to hear, were a few loud sighs that escaped Baekhyun's and Luhan's lips. The two were standing hidden behind a row of lockers, watching the scene unfold in front of them.

"I am so kicking Jongdae's for never telling me about Minseok," Baekhyun mumbled.

"Well, from what I know from Minseok, I might understand why Jongdae never mentioned him. I doubt Minseok would ever tell me if it wasn't for me finding Jongdae's number on his phone."

"I don't get it. Why would he tell you anyway? It's just a number, why would you even pay attention to it?"

"Because it was the only number he had saved on his phone," Luhan explained, and Baekhyun's eyes grew.

 

 

 

Jongdae and Minseok were sitting in a small cafe, just around the corner from school, drinking their hot drinks in silence.

"I missed Seoul," Minseok whispered suddenly, and when Jongdae looked at him, the older's gaze was focused on the streets.

"When did you come back?"

"Just a few days ago. I wanted to find you, but then again, even if I did, I didn't know what would I say... what should I say?"

"It wouldn't matter, you know," Jongdae smiled, "at least I would know you ever in one piece. I worried."

"I also had this thought..." Minseok started, "that I knock at your doors, and someone else is opening them. Someone you had a new life with."

Jongdae sighed, looking down, and thinking of everything that happened within the last three years. Maybe it's better Minseok never knocked at his door.

"Was I right?" Minseok asked, "Was I right to fear this? Do you have someone?"

"No," Jongdae quickly answered, "no I don't.... You are the only person I have ever loved, Minseok."

"Have? Does it mean you still do?," he asked with hope, a his eyes glowing.

"I probably shouldn't be saying this, but yes...," Jondgae confessed, and they fell silent for a moment. "Don't you think it's weird? Our meeting today?"

"Why?" Minseok questioned, "I'll think of it more as faith," he laughed and winked at the younger.

"Oh, hyung," Jongdae laughed as well, and his hand fell on top of Minseok's on the table. He blushed, but never removed his hand. Neither did Minseok. "Do you think, we could start over, one day?" he whispered, looking at their intertwined hands.

"Why don't we start today? Wanna go for a walk?" Minseok suggested, getting up.

As expected, the boys ended up on a bridge. Their bridge.

"It brings memories," Jongdae chuckled, looking around.

"Unfortuantely, not all of them are good."

"That's life, hyung." Jongdae smiled softly, taking Minseok's hand in his. He felt a pleasant warmth spreading in his body from the other's touch. He longed to be touched by Minseok. "If we're to start again, promise me one thing."

"Anything."

"Anything that happened within the last three years, will never matter, okay? I will not let your past haunt us, and you will not let mine. This is my only condition."

"What are you keeping from me, Jongdae?" Minseok asked, smirking. "I promise."

"I don't kiss and tell, babe," the younger whispered, and throwing his arm over Minseok, he pulled the older closer to him, and smashed their lips together.

 



 

Here it is ! Part II ! Ahh, I hate such short stories, because I feel like the plot unfold too quickly and it makes no sense, but I couldn't afford turning it into another long fic. As you figured, fluffy ball of sunshine won! However, as you can see I am terrible at writing fluff, but I will get better, I promise! I'll do my best! ~ Please, give my other stories a try > A Little Lie Never Killed Nobody, and Black Magic ! Thank you, to everyone who took part in the poll! I hope it was not the worst thing you've ever read hahaha. 

Best wishes,

badblood.