one

Take Me Anywhere
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

(n.) the perfect, delicate, crucial moment;

the fleeting rightness of time and place for action, words, or movement

 

 

Word Count : 1685

 

The rain is falling hard and the wind is strong enough to knock a few nearby trees down. It's cold and water continues to splash against roads as cars pass by Chanyeol's parked one. After just having spent three hours cooped up in a hot club with his group of friends from college, Chanyeol has yet to leave his spot in the parking lot across the street. It's dark, except for the street lamps, traffic lights, and the lightning flashing in the sky.

 

It would be cold in his car if he hadn't had a spare thick coat and his heater on. Come to think of it, Chanyeol’s behind is probably the warmest right now, all thanks to his heated seat. He lays there with his seat propped back, listening to soft music on his radio and cherishes the sounds splattering against his car, the rain lulling him into relaxation. He's always loved the rain, and his smile is wide when he thinks of the strength of tonight's. There’s a way that it can tug on his heartstrings, make him feel a sensation that is quite rare for him to feel. He doesn’t mind. There's a smell to it that comforts him, and...

 

It's then when the smile on Chanyeol's face falls and he opens his closed eyes to sit up. In the comfort of his warm car, his mind wanders off to think of the people that probably do not have the luxury of shelter. Probably unable to get to protected shelter or just stubbornly waiting it out in whatever makeshift coverage they have.

 

His thoughtful heart worries for the condition of these people and suddenly he's ashamed. Chanyeol's large warm coat is something he begins to feel undeserving of along with his heated car; it’s almost useless because there's no one to share it with. And so he sets off. With a clenched, innocent heart looking out for anyone, and with the determination to at least find one poor soul in need of shelter and warmth before the rain starts back up again, he starts up his engine. Chanyeol thinks of Daegu's weather  as a representation of how it is to ask someone how they feel, when, in fact, you can’t directly. It’s almost catastrophic and you just… don’t know to deal with it.

 

He drives out of the parking lot in hopes of finding someone, anyone, he can help. Passing by restaurants and people who've temporarily taken refuge under canopies and buildings, Chanyeol continues on until he passes by the club he was just at and finds that it's still open, sounds of thumping he can definitely make out, but it’s not the music that draws him to the radical place. No, it is it, more specifically, it is him, who he thinks, he hopes, he can help.

 

Standing at the side, a short male dressed in a drenched leather coat and black jeans holds his arm out thinking Chanyeol might be a passing taxi. His lights are on so of course the stranger can't tell Chanyeol isn't a public service, but he doesn’t hesitate. He stops anyway and the stranger opens his car door and plops down on Chanyeol's, thankfully, covered leather seat; thick cover at least able to protect the seat underneath when all Chanyeol can do is internally scream for the condition of his baby. Water drops down from the stranger's body, hair and clothes dripping with excess rain water. He's thrown off from his transfixed state when the stranger moves in his seat to face him and asks Chanyeol to take him somewhere.

 

"I know you aren't a taxi driver, and you don't seem like a or anything, so can I just chill here? At least until the rain stops? Anywhere, just- Take me anywhere."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol watches in astonishment as the guy with a nice voice turns in his seat once again and leans forward to the air conditioner t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter