CHAPTER 29

Fireworks

JONGHYUN's POV
I now live in Abeoji's house, a mansion, quite similar to Mr. Gong's house. I live now with my two sisters, noonas. I also call Abeoji as Abeoji now, i used to call him sir and when he gave me permission to do so, my heart felt light like it could fly. He smiles at me now, taps my back and praises me occassionally, also he started to introduce me to a few of his friends, is this what Seungyeon felt ? I am scared to meet their expectation but i am burning with passion for them to see me worthy. Sometimes my conscience would knock in my head asking me various questions like :
Are you happy now?
Did you get what you wanted?
Are you satisfied with your work?
Don't you feel sorry?
What will you do about Seungyeon and her family?
And the most hardest question, don't you feel guilty ?
The answer is I blame myself for everything, if i could only die now i would do it myself, hurting Seungyeon's family and lying to her was the biggest and scariest nightmare i have done. But, ever since i was a boy all i have wanted was recognition from my father, i have worked for it all my life, its my only goal ever since and Seungyeon was just a part of that goal, i shouldn't have loved her, i knew it for myself that it was wrong but yet i still did it. Its all on me. It was a choice i made.

"Jonghyun ah, have you studied what i told you to read ?" Abeoji said as i sat in his office, every morning after breakfast we have this session where he asks me questions about books that he told me to read.

"Neh abeoji. I finished studying it last night." Proud of myself, i love reading books, its a piece of cake for me.

"Good." I smiled at his praise

He questioned me of my thoughts about the book and i confidently answered every question he had, he smiled when we finished.

"Good job Jonghyun ah. You are more than ready, i guess staying in that house made you all smart huh." He said, i managed my expression. He looked at me.

"Is something bothering you Jonghyun ah?" He said firmly, i felt nervous, as if he already knows the answer.

"Nothing Abeoji." I answered an there was silence, he just kept on looking at me.

"Tomorrow i'll take you to the company, announce you as my son. Do you still have your records of your school in the states ?"

"Neh Abeoji." Why does he need my records?

"Arasso, were done for today. Prepare for tomorrow." He dismissed me and i bowed. Ever since i lived under Abeoji, i feel happy, nervous, scared, doubtful and other things. I am really happy that he sees me now, but im starting to wonder what REAL HAPPINESS is.

--
Early in the morning i went to the company together with Abeoji, it feels kinda different now, i used to Seungyeon but now, i am a part of the company. I wore what Abeoji had recommended, he ordered tailored suits for me suitable for work, unlike my bodyguard uniform. Im feeling queasy at the same time as everyone is looking at us and i cant help but feel insecure. The man who used to work for Mr. Gong was Mr. Lee's son.

We arrived to Abeoji's office and he prepared for the meeting. He said to me that in the meeting he will formally announce me as his son. And the moment i realized that that moment is just a few minutes away my knees felt weak, my stomach churned... The moment i have worked hard for all my life, will be in a few minutes. I bowed to him and walked out of his office, i told him i would just take a walk. As i walk the hallways, i see familiar faces that i used to see when i was accompanying Seungyeon. Her name, her face, her scent is just like stuck in my brain-- everyday i wake up she is the first i think of and the last before i sleep, even in my dreams she is always with me. Maybe this is torture, a beautiful torture.

"Mr. Lee? The meeting will start soon." The assistant of Abeoji has followed me and told me. I smiled at her and nodded and followed her. Being called Mr. Lee isnt quite bad i admit. I walked confidently but nervous in the grounds of the company. I saw Abeoji walking towards the meeting room an he saw me just before we reach the door.

"Everyone is inside already sir." Abeoji's assistant said and my heart beated faster. Abeoji nodded and looked at me.

"Are you ready?" Abeoji asked me with a serious face and i nodded. He smiled and tapped my shoulder. This kind of small gestures make me jump with joy. As the staff opened the door, we walked inside, everyone stood up to give respect to the new president of Brown Companies. Seeing Abeoji, their eyes automatically go to me. I felt insecure but put on my best face. Abeoji nodded and everyone seated, their eyes go back from me to Abeoji and back to me. Abeoji seated and i continued to stand beside him. As my eyes continue to roam and see every face i see in the room, there was one man looking straight at me and as i look at him, he has this smile that says 'everything makes sense' and i felt scared immediately and looked away from him.

"Oh? Mr. Tuan. How come youre the one to attend the meeting ? Where is your father ?" Abeoji asked the man with the smile.

"Father is a bit busy with our business, but i'll be glad to relay him everything we have discussed here." He said without missing a beat, as he finished his sentence he looked back at me.

"Well, thats good to hear. Thats better so you can learn what is business Mark." Abeoji said.

"Oh I am very happy sir. To learn about everything." He said with a bit of exaggeration and that moment i knew every word he said was pointed at me. My eyebrows creased.

"Well everyone" Abeoji stood up. "This is my son, Lee Jonghyun." He said and tapped my shoulder, i bowed and introduced myself. As i took my seat at the corner of the table, i can still see Mark's smile on his face. The meeting started.

As the meeting occurred, everyone discussed everything, and as i listened to their presentations, my mind wasn't really with the meeting, rather i can see from my peripheral view that Mark was texting and i cant help but panic. What if she told Krystal? And they told Seungyeon? My heart isn't prepared for her to know this, but i did know one day this will come. I was sweating bullets and tried my best to listen to the presentations. The meeting ended and Abeoji and i stood at the door, hand shaking with the stock holders and board of directors. I saw Mark, and shook his hand, he smiled at me and then looked to my father.

"Mr. Tuan, you and my son seems to be near each other's age." Abeoji said as he put a hand on my shoulder and Mark nodded.

"He is a hyung to me Mr. Lee. But yes, we are quite near each other's age. Right Hyung?" He said to me. I felt irritated, is he mocking me ?

"Yes." I said 

"Well then, i hope you two can be friends." Abeoji said and Mark let out a little laugh.

"Oh im sure we will be." Mark said and my eyes cant help but shoot lasers at him as he smiled at me and walked away. Thats when i notice he left a piece of note in my hand as he shook my hand a while ago. When Abeoji was walking with his back at me, i opened the note.

"Good for you Jonghyun ssi. Now everything makes sense. You don't know how horrible Seungyeon is right now, but im sure you'll both meet each other soon. Good luck Jonghyun ssi."

My heart felt anger, sadness, guilt, fear and disgust for myself. What have i become ?

---------------
Sorry for being late, too much reality has been keeping me from writing. And i want to ask you guys if the story has been dragging? I cant feel it but I'm starting to think of it. I'll come back more inspired and a better writer. Thanks !