Three

Silver Lining
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tiger JK ft. Jinsil - Reset

“H-Huang…Zitao?” Hyemin repeated not accepting his outstretched hand. He furrowed his brows adding a pout only to have his arm fall back to his side.

“Why? Do you know me from somewhere?” He tilted his head to the side waiting for her reply, but he only got her shocked expression in return. It seemed like she was too dumbfounded to answer. He chuckled and palmed her shoulder and she snapped back to reality. “You seem like you’ve just seen a ghost” Hyemin chuckled slightly thinking it was rather ironic for him to mention that. “Not telling me your name?”

“Oh...” She breathed out and nodded her head swiftly. “Park Hyemin” She gave him an unsure smile in the end and he grinned.

“You work here…or?” His brow quirked up and she nodded her head again by his question and he pouted.

“Boring, but okay, you can keep me accompany. I am staying here for two days only. I’ll make sure you’re in charge of me” He winked and palmed her shoulder yet again and walked past her. Hyemin froze for a second seeing a black shadow following him and she understood quite quickly that this shadow most definitely had something to do with Zitao and she had to figure out why. At least for now Hyemin was relieved that the shadow was not following her.

--

Kris snapped out of his thoughts hearing the soft knock against his office door. He pulled his eyes away from the laptop and looked over at the door that swung open and his cousin, Zitao grinned back at him. Kris rolled his eyes and went back to typing away on his laptop.

“What do you want?” He grumbled under his breath and Zitao frowned closing the door shut behind him.

“It’s sunny outside, why are you preventing the lights from squeezing inside this…dark and so creepy room” Zitao headed over to the huge curtains and pulled them to the side only to make Kris grown. It was the very next day, early in the morning to be exact and Kris had no idea how Zitao managed to be so energetic.

“Just spill out what you want and scramble!” Kris groaned and Zitao halted staring back at him with his now huge eyes. He cleared his throat and slowly pulled his hands away from the curtains.

“Okay” He sang and strode over to his desk and pressed his palms on it standing face to face with the now pissed Kris. “Your staff member, Park Hyemin, I would like her to take care of me while I am on visit” Kris’ brows knitted together only to let a scoff escape his lips. When he noticed how serious Zitao was he sighed.

“Just because you’re my cousin, a very annoying cousin” Zitao frowned by his comment. “I am letting you stay here for free. But now you want me to have one of my staff members to be in charge of you and only you…that’s not possible” Kris waved with his hand and turned his attention back to his laptop. “Leave. I have work to do”

Zitao smirked and laughed loudly disturbing Kris and he was growing irritated by the seconds. “Okay, if that’s your final decision then that’s fine with me. But since I am staying here…alone…without anyone to spend my time with…no one to annoy…” He emphasized the last work making Kris perk his ears. “I might just have to crash your office from time to time, and maybe drop by your place just to keep myself busy and make the time fly by before I leave” Zitao headed for the door and when his warm hand touched the cold knob he heard his cousin holler from behind.

“No wait!” Zitao sneered lowly and turned around pretending like he was surprised by Kris’ sudden outburst.

“Park Hyemin, right?” Zitao grinned and nodded his head seeing how Kris had already picked up his phone the only thing left was to dial Chanyeol’s number and give him the news. The very moment Chanyeol picked up the phone Kris spilled out the information. “It’s her first day today? She’s on training?” Kris mumbled thinking maybe it wasn’t convenient for her to look after Zitao all on her own after all. She needed to be trained properly just like the other workers, but the moment his eyes met Zitao’s he changed his mind immediately. “I don’t care. Just put her in charge of, Zitao today you get it?” He hung up right after and Zitao grinned.

“Thank you” He chirped before turning on his heels and once again Kris called him.

“It’s none of my business…but why did you pick Park Hyemin out of everyone that works here?”

“She’s the same girl who clamped onto you yesterday, remember?” Zitao faced Kris yet again only to demonstrate the frightened Hyemin and how she acted last night. Kris’ eyes rounded when he understood who he was talking about.

“How do you know her?”

“I don’t” He shrugged. “But she seemed interesting…and I am easily bored so yeah” He shrugged for the second time and saluted before leaving a quite confused Kris. He had never understood his cousin and having this conversation didn’t make it any better.

--

“What? I have to stay with you for two days straight?” Hyemin shrieked when she was summoned to Zitao’s messed up room. She had no idea how he had managed to mess it up this much, when he had only been sleeping in this room for one night only.

“Well, technically one day and a couple of hours” He corrected her and she wrinkled her nose.

“It’s the same” He frowned and was about to protest but she interrupted him. “But why me?” Zitao stood up from his untidy bed and grinned towards her and that’s when Hyemin noticed the dark shadow peeking from behind him and her breath was knocked out of her.

“Just because” He simply answered, grabbed his wallet and headed over to her. “Let’s grab something to eat. I am hungry” He held onto her and dragged her away and the last Hyemin saw before the door came to a close was her stare that penetrated her.

“This is so good” Zitao hummed while taking a huge bite from his chicken sandwich while Hyemin had barely touched hers. He stopped his chewing and blinked towards her after swallowing. “Why aren’t you eating?” He questioned taking a long sip from his carton filled with juice and Hyemin cringed.

“I’ve had my breakfast…20 minutes ago” She pointed out and he nodded his head going back to consuming his food. She just watched with huge eyes seeing how he was basically throwing the food inside of him and even reached out to hers.

“Do you mind?” She shook her head and he grinned taking the plate away from her. While they were sitting on the restaurant located on the main floor of the hotel, Hyemin felt the hair on her neck raise yet again. Her whole back seemed to stiffen due to the shivers, and when she rotated her head slowly she understood exactly why. The scary woman from earlier seemed to stand right behind her, bu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter