One

Silver Lining
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Clazziquai - Take a Walk

“You left too…”

Hyemin breathed out remembering a few days ago when she attended her grandmother’s funeral. The only person who had truly cared about her and took care of her had been buried beneath the ground. She looked up at the dark sky while air escaped her lips. She knew this would be her very last day at this house, she had to move, she couldn’t afford to stay. She had been kicked out of her part-time job due to chaos created because of her. No wonder they fired her though, she couldn’t blame them either. She was the cursed one, a ‘cloud’.

“Go away!” Hyemin shouted her hands cupping her ears as her head ducked immediately. Souls were wandering around her, they were the good ones but she couldn’t really care. It was because of them she couldn’t live a normal life. Ever since she was a child she was abandoned by her parents and struggled with living a normal life among normal people. Now that she had accepted this life of hers, the only person who could light up her day had decided to leave her too.

Hyemin was a ‘cloud’ and being a ‘cloud’ she knew what her duty was. ‘Clouds’ were gifted with the ability to see the dead, whether they were good or bad. Back in the days it was a privilege to be a ‘cloud’ they were the only ones who could connect the living with the dead. People would put them on a pedestal and praise them and give them presents wanting their blessings. But now, now they were seen as a burden, and she had to be honest she felt like one too.

The only reason ‘clouds’ were seen as a burden was because of that one person who decided to change her fate. When a ‘cloud’ was born so was their ‘silver lining’ also known as their saviors their better half. They were bound to be with each other for the rest of their lives and stay like that till death did them apart. But that one person who was also a ‘cloud’ had managed to fall in love with another’s ‘silver lining’ and ran away with him even though he wasn’t hers to begin with. After that several other ‘clouds’ began doing the same, breaking the rules and that’s when the bad souls began appearing wanting to take revenge for being left alone by their soulmates. Their revenge would only be done through the ‘clouds’ as they were the only ones who could see them, and the only ones that could make them borrow their bodies for revenge. But if a living ‘cloud’ managed to find her ‘silver lining’ on time, she would break from the curse and would no longer be a ‘cloud’.

As for Hyemin she was still looking for her own ‘silver lining’ but even after all of these years she hadn’t been able to find him. He would be able to pull her out of her sufferings and finally let her see the light at the end of the dark tunnel. But after searching everywhere possible, Hyemin had grown tired by now and tried her best to live her life just the way it was, but it was easier said than done.

She got up from the porch of her house and grabbed the bag that she had packed all of her belongings inside. She had called a nearby dormitory and had decided to rent a room for one night only and take it from there. The very next day she had an interview to attend at a nearby hotel. She had been lucky her grandmother had connections, but what kind of connections, Hyemin had no idea. But because of her she was able to get an appointment with one of the workers at that certain hotel also known as; Galaxy Hotel.

With a heavy sigh she grabbed her bag only to feel one of the souls grabbing onto it for her. “No!” Hyemin shrieked pulling it back to herself. “I’ll do this on my own!” She screamed tears streaming down her cheeks. She didn’t really care about the residents at the neighborhood; they already knew she was crazy. She wiped away her tears with force and glared down at the middle-aged man with his white suit and white light glowing out of him. He only ducked his head in return not arguing with her, and with a huff she began her walking having them follow.

Hyemin hopped on a bus that would take her directly to the dormitory and the very moment she arrived at the place she checked herself in and found her way to her room. She opened the door only to see one single bed, a shelf and another small room known as her bathroom. With a huff the bag fell off her shoulder and landed on the dusty floor.

She sat down on the floor and rested her back against the bed letting her legs press against her chest, while her arms were tucked around her knees. She looked around the room seeing three of the souls surrounding her already and she closed her eyes shut. For how long was she going to put up with this? Her face was so pale, bags beneath her eyes and the dark circles indicated how exhausted she was already. Lack of sleep and lack of motivation had made her like this. She was at least happy none of the bad ghosts were lurking around; maybe today she would be able to get some sleep after all.

--

His black attire and his usual cold stare was the only reason his employees feared him. He had so little to say, but his eyes spoke up to 100 words alone. His stare would make anyone’s knees weak, both in the bad and good way. He had this certain mysterious way to behave around people he didn’t know, he terrified them, made them feel so small and he had to admit, he loved it. That someone was no other than, Kris Wu, the CEO of Galaxy Hotel.

He was inside his office doing the usual and he was growing tired of it already. Kris placed his legs on top of the desk while looking through the papers he had received. Numbers after numbers were written on the white paper and he believed he was going crazy because of it. His loose tie and a bit ruffled hair was the proof of it. With a long sigh he stretched his back and rolled his shoulders to relax a bit. “Maybe a small break would do” He mumbled under his breath knowing quite well he was going to spend at least 4 hours more at this particular place, also known as his own h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter