Seven.

The Specials

Kyungsoo couldn’t help the grin that played about his lips as he sauntered up to Jongdae. It was only the two of them in their room, since the others had decided to go and frolic about in the autumn leaves – or at least Kyungsoo assumed that’s what they were doing.

“What do you want?” Jongdae asked carefully as he walked Kyungsoo practically skip across the room and fell onto Jongdae’s bed with an excited giggle.

Kyungsoo grinned up at his best friend, “Jongdae-yah~” he sang, “You trust me, don’t you?”

“I’m starting to think this is a trick question, but yes… I trust you” the older boy answered, watching Kyungsoo with unease, “Did you kill someone? Oh my god, you killed Kibum didn’t you?”

It had been over two weeks since the incident in Key’s class with Baekhyun, and though they had all since learnt how to protect their mind, and passed Key’s regular check, it was an unspoken rule that nobody liked the teacher anymore. It was agreed, although none of them bar Kyungsoo and Chanyeol knew the full extent of what had happened, Key had gone too far, and Baekhyun had become somewhat of a different person.

Though he was the same in humour and friendliness, gone was the timid boy that shied away from his past, and in his place had been put someone ruthless to his enemies. Kyungsoo was certain that if Baekhyun were to come face to face with his kidnappers now, they would rue the day they ever laid a hand on Byun Baekhyun. He would be merciless, and they all knew it.

It was brilliant that Baekhyun was no longer afraid to fight for himself, but he had never been a destructive person by nature, he was always very collected in his revenge, if he ever sought it, but now… Key had unleashed something that Kyungsoo wasn’t sure if Baekhyun would be able to control if it were given a chance to take over.

“I didn’t kill Kibum” Kyungsoo said calmly, his hands balling into fists, “Though I ought to. The no good, son of a ”

Jongdae nodded, “He’s a prick, we all knew that. But that was just… stepping too far. How long did it take you to block him?”

“He didn’t get in bar that one time in class. Said ‘wow, you’re very determined, Kyungsoo’ and I told him I didn’t feel good sharing my head with a heartless bastard. That was the end of it” he shrugged, “But anyway, that’s not what I wanted to talk to you about”

Jongdae pursed his lips, “Alright” he said, “Lay it on me”

“I know about you and Minseok” Kyungsoo said simply, finding no reason to beat around the bush. That, and he always found being blunt with Jongdae lead to amusing reactions. And he was not disappointed.

Jongdae was a twitching mess as he tried to form words, but failed miserably until he managed out, “No, what say, how?”

“Wow, those language skills, though” Kyungsoo snorted, “And I said, I know about you and Minseok. How do I know? Because I walked in on you guys after that big group fight thing. East Wing showers, ring a bell?”

Jongdae blinked, “You… didn’t, uh….”

“Tell anyone?” Kyungsoo provided, “No, figured you wouldn’t want me to” he shrugged, “but I was curious about why you’re keeping it all hush-hush?”

Jongdae sighed, “well, there’s no point hiding it from you now, is there” he said, “We just wanted something that was only ours, you know? With everything going on… The drama here, The Rogues, the killings, all of it… We wanted something that would be safe, and just… I don’t know, something between the two of us. It felt more special like that, somehow. So, I’d really appreciate it if you didn’t tell anyone… At least not yet”

“Of course I won’t,” Kyungsoo smiled slapping Jongdae softly on the knee, “I’m not into telling other people’s secrets. Besides, I like the idea. It’s sweet. I’m glad you guys are happy together”

Jongdae cracked a smile, “Thanks, Soo… But uh, what about you and Jongin, then? What’s the deal with that?”

“What deal? There is no deal?” Kyungsoo’s eyes widened, “Who said there was a deal?”

Jongdae snickered, “Oh my god, could you be any more obvious? Nobody said there was a deal, but there’s obviously something going on between you two…”

“Is not” Kyungsoo shot back childishly. “We’re just friends”

“There’s something there, Kyungsoo~” Jongdae sang teasingly.

“Oh off” Kyungsoo laughed with a roll of his eyes, “You sound like him now”

Jongdae paused to grin at his friend, “Oh? You’ve had a conversation about it, huh?”

“Yes, and I told him it isn’t going to happen. I don’t need to be worrying over him when we’re out there fighting, Jongdae. It’s not gonna help any” Kyungsoo sighed.

Jongdae smiled a little sadly, “But that’s the thing” he said, “Not being with him isn’t going to make you worry any less. Him being there is going to play on your mind no matter what. Just like it will with Baekhyun, with Kris, with Sehunnie, with all of us. We’ve got a bond now, and we’ll always worry about each other when it comes to it, but we also know that we’re all good at what we do, we’ve all improved so much, and we’ve got a really good chance” he said softly, “don’t rob yourself of a chance to let loose because you’re scared of being scared”

Kyungsoo did his best to roll his eyes, “Sappy er” he snorted, “I gotta split anyways, I promised Jongin I’d help him with his whole pulling things out of the void or whatever. He’s getting pretty good at it. He can push just his arm through for about ten seconds before he gets his whole body through too. It’s kind of hilarious to watch” he chuckled, “Adios, Amigo” he waved, jumping to his feet and walking out of the room with a new found spring in his step.

Though what Jongdae said hadn’t changed his mind about the Jongin situation, it did make him feel like maybe one day, it might be able to be something.

Despite all that had gone down lately, Kyungsoo found himself in a good mood. There was a warm smile on his face as he walked through the school, heading to the field outside the front door.

Unsurprisingly, Jongin was waiting for him by the grand double doors.

“You seem happy” Jongin smiled as Kyungsoo reached him, then together they moved to a free part of the field.

Kyungsoo nodded, “Yeah,” he said softly, “I just feel good today. I don’t know why though”

“It’s because you get to spend time with your favourite person” Jongin hinted playfully.

Kyungsoo looked around, “But Sehunnie isn’t here?” he shot back cheekily, then fell into laughter as Jongin gave him an offended shove.

“Stop being an ” Jongin laughed, “Are you gonna help me, or what?”

Kyungsoo grinned, “If I must” he said, grabbing Jongin’s shoulders and keeping him still, “Get me a chair from Jonghyun’s classroom” he commanded.

“Any reason it has to be from Jonghyun’s classroom?” Jongin asked.

“Yes. It’s a focus point. You need to know what you’re grabbing and from where, now quit questioning my teaching” Kyungsoo tutted lightly, “Chair, if you please”

Jongin snorted, “So demanding, gees” he said as he lifted his arm and began to move it out in front of him.

Ever so slowly, his hand and arm began to fade away. It seemed to be going okay at first, but then his body gave a jolt and he let out a yelp as he was pulled through the void and landed on the stone floor of Jonghyun’s classroom.

Jonghyun was standing over him with a raised brow, looking rather bemused at seeing one of his students crash land on his floor, “Do I even want to know?” he asked steadily.

Jongin grinned up at him sheepishly, “Probably not,” he admitted.

Jonghyun sighed, running a tired hand over his face, “Go on then, off with you”

“Bye, sir!” Jongin grinned, jumping to his feet, “Oh, and don’t worry if I manage to grab a chair, I’ll bring it back!” he said before teleporting away.

“Wait, wha-”

Kyungsoo was hooting with laughter when Jongin flitted back in front of him.

“Oh shut up” Jongin huffed, but it was obvious he was holding back laughter of his own.

Kyungsoo let out another snicker as he attempted to calm himself down, “I would say sorry, but I’m not fond of lying” he chuckled, “Shall we try again, then?”

It carried on much the same for the most part, with Jongin almost getting it and then him being swallowed up by the void and spit back out onto the floor of Jonghyun’s classroom. The teacher didn’t even bat an eyelid come the tenth time it happened, which Jongin realised too late that he probably shouldn’t have mentioned to Kyungsoo, who doubled over in a fit of laughter.

“Come on, it isn’t that funny!” Jongin whined, which only succeeded  in making Kyungsoo laugh all the more, “He literally ignored that I was there, rolled his eyes and carried on grading papers. He probably thinks I’m a complete moron!”

Kyungsoo almost bent in half as he wheezed with laughter, “Stop, oh my god, stop! I can’t take it anymore, you’re killing me!” he gasped, wiping the tears of laughter from his cheeks, “ me, I can’t breathe!”

“I literally hate you so much, right now” Jongin groaned, “I hope you know that”

Kyungsoo was still giggling as he looked back at the younger boy, a brilliant smile on his lips, “Nah, you don’t. Come on, grumpous, let’s try again. And say ‘hi’ to Jonghyun for me, yeah?” he sniggered.

“Oh, very funny, Kyungsoo. Really, hilarious” Jongin scoffed, reaching out as he did to push his hand through the void.

It came as a surprise to both of them when he pulled back and a heavy wooden chair followed his hand through.

Kyungsoo’s laughter came to an abrupt stop and he and Jongin stared at one another in disbelief, then in the next moment they were both yelling and whooping, and Jongin scooped Kyungsoo up in his arms and span the elder around in complete glee.

“I did it!” Jongin beamed, “I actually did it!”

Kyungsoo giggled as Jongin span him in circles, “you did it!” he said happily, clutching onto Jongin’s shoulders for dear life.

Jongin was still buzzing as he set Kyungsoo back on his feet, though he remained holding onto the elder’s waist.

Before he could stop himself, so caught up in the delight of the moment, he leant in and kissed Kyungsoo soundly on the lips.

Kyungsoo squeaked  in surprise at the action, though he couldn’t find it in himself to stop the younger boy, and the next thing he knew, they were kissing. And Kyungsoo had never been kissed in the way that Jongin was kissing him before. Sweetly, but so full of life.

He felt Jongin’s fingers dancing along his jaw, and it seemed to snap him back to his senses.

He gave Jongin what he hoped was a gentle shove and took a step back with a deliberate cough, looking everywhere but at the taller boy, “Well, uh. Well done” he coughed, trying to sound casual, “let’s keep practising then. Still a lot to lean. Long way to go and all that”

“Kyungsoo…”

“Ahh~” Kyungsoo sand loudly, “Now to put the chair back, come on now! Chop, chop!”

“Kyungsoo, seriously…” Jongin tried again.

Kyungsoo looked down at the non-existent watch on his wrist, “You keep practising. It’s time for my drink break” he grinned, turning and walking off, shouting “YIXING! I NEED TO BORROW YOU PLEASE SUNSHINE!” as he did.

 

Jongin was sat in the library, stewing in his own embarrassment when Yixing walked over to him and sat down, a sympathetic smile on his face.

“Heeeeeeeey buddy...” Yixing said, “Kyungsoo asked me to talk to you... I know how you feel, bro. It's hard when you have feelings for someone. But sometimes, it's just not the right time. And although he liked the kiss… Like, really liked it... Like, liked it so much he won't stop talking about it. Or how soft your lips are… Or how much he wants to kiss you again... Liked it so much he can't stop thinking about it... He just doesn't want to be in a relationship right now. So it's hard luck, pal. I know, I know, it's sad. But Kyungsoo is a stubborn man at the best of times, so just wait a while, he'll come around when the time is right”

Jongin’s head snapped up from where he’d been staring down at the table, “Hold up... He liked the kiss?” he asked, a smile creeping up on his lips.

Yixing frowned, “I feel like you're missing the point a little bit here...” he said, “Kyungsoo isn’t… He doesn’t want…”

“No, I heard you” Jongin said, waving the elder off, “He’s being a , but he liked the kiss? You’re serious?”

Yixing pursed his lips, “I feel like I shouldn’t have added that part into this… You know, now I think about it, he did say something about not telling you that part. Ah, yep…. Yeah, was not supposed to tell you that bit… … he’s gonna kill me. Look, Jongin, don’t be getting any ideas!”

Jongin only smirked back, “Oh Hyung… Hyung, hyung, hyung… What ideas could I possibly get from this? What, do you think I’m just going to, I don’t know,” he shrugged over-dramatically, “Pursue him until he finally stops being all stubborn and admits he just wants to date me already?”

“Jongin…” Yixing warned, “Don’t. Whatever you’re thinking, do not”

“Hyung, you worry too much” Jongin batted a hand at him, “Relax”

Yixing glared, standing to lean over the table, “I mean it. I value my life more than yours right now, so if you go after him, I swear to all that is holy, I will drain ever single drop of life from you myself, got it?”

Jongin gulped, sitting as far back in his chair as he could, “You’re a little scary, you know that?” he said, eyes wide as he watched Yixing carefully.

He knew one thing was for sure though, he’d give it a while before he started his real pursuit of Kyungsoo. As much as he liked the other boy, he didn’t fancy getting on the wrong side of Yixing, who could quite literally kill him in a matter of seconds.

“I know” Yixing smiled, seemingly back to normal, “It’s something people tend not to expect for some reason” he pouted as he sat back down, looking rather contemplative about that fact.

“Maybe because you’re so… nice?” Jongin offered, “You know, when you’re not threatening to kill people” he laughed slightly.

Yixing shot him a withering look, “Oh come on, you deserved it!” he defended himself, “What kind of person would be okay with someone being beat up by Kyungsoo for letting something slip?!”

“What kind of person threatens to kill someone for trying to hit on someone they know likes them?!” Jongin shot back incredulously, his voice slightly more high pitched than normal.

“Me!”

“That’s not a good answer, man!”

Yixing laughed, “Well, it’s the only one you’re gonna get, Jonginnie”, he then let out a soft sigh as he leant back in his chair to watch Jongin. The younger boy looked as though there was something playing on his mind.

“I don’t get why he sent you though,” Jongin admitted after a moment, his brows furrows, “You’re way closer to Sehun than you are to me… so why did he send you, hyung?”

Yixing smiled, “Well, Sehun is nicer to me than you. He brings me chocolate and everything” he laughed, “But Kyungsoo sent me because according to him, I have ‘a calming effect’ on people. Well, that and he knew I’d scare the ever living out of you if you tried to pull anything”

“Wow, you guys have so much faith in me” Jongin deadpanned.

Yixing gave him a look of utter disbelief, “You were literally about to go flash your knackers at Kyungsoo after I told you not to! You don’t give us much reason to have faith in you in this regards, Jongin” he said, shaking his head at the other boy.

Jongin at least had the decency to look guilty, “I wasn’t going to ‘flash him my knackers’, I was just going to pester him a little. I’d have behaved”

“Mmhmm… Just like I behave when Junmyeon and I have the dorm to ourselves. You little liar” Yixing shot back, a sly smile on his lips.

“Speaking of… How did that happen? You and Junmyeon hyung? I always wondered” Jongin pressed lightly.

Yixing’s face split into a warm, genuine smile, “I got here when I was fifteen, right? A few months after Baekhyun and Kyungsoo. And from the get-go, I had a huge crush on Junmyeon. Kris noticed it first and would tease the living daylights out of me. But that’s not the point. Anyway,  Junmyeon overheard him one day, a couple of months before I turned sixteen and cornered me later that day to ask if it was true. So I said it was, because I was too caught off guard to even lie. Then he just grins and me, right? And he goes ‘damn, I wish I’d known sooner. Could have saved a lot of time’ and I got really confused and just went, ‘excuse me?’ as one does…” he laughed, “and he just rolled his eyes, kissed me on the cheek, then asked me on a date. We were official by the time a week later, and the rest is history” he smiled, raising his hands as though to say ‘what-ya-gonna-do?’

Jongin hadn’t realised that a sweet smile had found his own lips at the story. Yixing was just too cute sometimes. “So, you guys have been together a while then?”

“Five years, give or take” Yixing said, “Honestly, I don’t think I’d be this happy if it weren’t for him”

“Isn’t it hard though? With everything that’s going on? Don’t you fight?” Jongin asked softly.

Yixing smiled a little sadly, “Of course it’s hard. Nothing worth keeping is ever easy.” He said, “And we used to fight a lot, especially around the one-two year mark. It was when Jongdae showed up. He and I got close really fast, and it got taken the wrong way. But we talked it out and got past it. We still fight sometimes, but we sort it out and move on, because that’s just what you do when you love somebody. We’re not perfect, Jongin, but he’s everything to me and that’s more than enough. He’s the reason I am what I am. And I can’t ever thank him enough for that. Sure, he caused a few tears, but he always dries them too. And it’s the same the other way around.

 “At the end of the day, making a relationship work takes more than liking or loving another person. It takes swallowing your pride and just doing it. A relationship shouldn’t be a chore. It should be something you want to work hard for. That’s all I can say, really.”

Jongin was speechless, and honestly a little taken aback. He didn’t know what he’d expected, but it wasn’t that. He knew Yixing was an honest person by nature, but to have it all put into perspective like that was a little daunting, and hit him a lot harder than he expected it to.

He’d known from the off that relationships weren’t always sunshine and rainbows, but the only experience he had was witnessing his parent’s love. The two of were so in love that it made his heart hurt just thinking about it, but it didn’t mean he was oblivious to the late night whispered arguments that would arise. Especially nearing the attack, and no matter how hard he tried, he couldn’t push away the feeling of it being all his fault.

“Don’t think so hard” Yixing said, snapping him from his reverie, “It isn’t something you need to worry yourself over. This thing you have with Kyungsoo… He’ll come around, just don’t push it”

“Hyung” Jongin swallowed the lump in his throat, “Are you parents alive?”

The smile that had been on Yixing’s lips fell for a moment before he forced it back, “I don’t know” he said, his voice tight as he spoke, “they were called out to fight when I was young. They were brought to the front line last year so I’ve not heard from them. But, no news is good news though. So, I honestly don’t know. Why do you ask?”

Jongin hesitated, “The way you spoke about Junmyeon, it reminded me of mum and dad. I just…” he bit down on his lip and looked down at the table, “I feel like if it weren’t for me, they’d still be able to grow old and love each other. God, even Kyungsoo’s parents got killed because of me! Maybe he’s right. This… Me and him is a bad idea because what if I just get him killed too?!”

“What do you mean?” Yixing pressed confusedly, “You didn’t even know Kyungsoo until a few months ago..?”

Jongin mentally slapped himself for the slip-up, “Nothing” he said, “It doesn’t matter”

“It does” Yixing countered, “But I’m not going to force it out of you. I will say one thing though; and that’s that you need to stop blaming yourself. We’re in the middle of a war and no matter what, people were always going to get hurt or killed. If it wasn’t one excuse from The Rogues, it would have been another”

Jongin shook his head, “No, I should have saved them! I should have gotten them out!”

“And gotten yourself killed in the process?!” Yixing shot back, “you saved Sehun. And yourself. You did what you could and your parents’ deaths are not on you! Do you hear me? The only people at fault are the people sick sons of es that did it! Same with Kyungsoo’s folks. You’re a kid, Jongin, in a world where you have to grow up too damn fast. Bad things happen to good people, and sometimes it can make you feel guilty, it can make you feel pain that you didn’t even know existed. But we’re here to make those people pay. Make it so that they’re held accountable for what they’ve done. Don’t make their deaths about your guilt, make them go down in history. Make them mean something by turning this world into a place worth living in”

Jongin blinked back tears as he looked across at Yixing, “I just miss them so god damn much, hyung. I miss them so much and I hate them for not being here with me! I hate them or leaving me. I hate myself for hating the most wonderful people I’ve ever known I love them so ing much, but I hate them for going away when I need them the most” he cried, tears falling hard and fast down his face.

He hadn’t spoken about them to anyone since he’d mentioned that they’d been killed to Kyungsoo way back when. But even then it was so detached. He hadn’t expected a conversation about not being able to openly like someone turn into a conversation about love, only to hit home in ways he didn’t even know it could.

He’d never loved anyone like he loved his parents. The people that raised him right, put clothes on his back and food on the table. The people that despite not understanding what it meant to be different, encouraged him to be himself and learn how to use his powers rather than hide them. The people that risked their lives day in and day out just by calling him their son. The people that he knew loved him no matter what, and promised that he’d be okay.

The people that died to protect him.

Yixing was almost crying as he got up and moved around the table to sit beside Jongin and pull him into a hug, “It’s okay, Nini. It’s okay to hate them. It’s okay to not understand, they might not be here physically, but they’re always with you. And they’d understand how you feel. They’d tell you that’s it’s okay to hate them for leaving you, that it’s okay to be hurt and upset, and even selfish for a little while. But what else would they tell you if they were here?” he prodded gently.

Jongin sniffed, burying his face into Yixing’s shoulder and letting himself be soothed, letting himself feel like a child again for the first time in what felt like forever, “They’d tell me that I need to stop letting myself be stuck on what’s happened, and look towards creating a better future”

Yixing smiled as his vision blurred slightly thinking of the other boy’s grief as well as his own longing for those simple childhood memories of his parents being with him. The yearning he felt to have them with him. He blinked back the wetness in his eyes as Jongin’s tears began to soak the shoulder of his t-shirt, “So what are you going to do?” he asked softly, his voice surprisingly even.

Jongin pulled back to look at the elder and gave him a half-hearted smile as he shook his head to rid himself of the overwhelming emotions going through him, “Win this damn war” he said, sounding a lot stronger than he felt, “even if it takes everything I’ve got”

“That’s my boy” Yixing smiled, ruffling Jongin’s hair fondly, like his father used to do to him, “That’s what I like to hear. Now, what do you say we go get some soul-healing ice-cream?” he suggested, “I hear there’s chocolate flavour in the freezer”

“Are you suggesting that we break into the kitchen to steal food, just because I’m having an emotional break down?” Jongin asked incredulously.

“Yes” Yixing answered, “Yes, I am”

Jongin could feel his lips curling upwards and his sprit beginning to feel lighter thanks to Yixing, “Alright” he replied, “Let’s do it”

 

“If you had the chance to set any one of us on fire, and they couldn’t do anything about it, who would you set on fire?” Baekhyun asked.

He and Chanyeol were sat on the roof, their legs dangling off of the side of it, letting the breeze cool them. It had been a fairly warm day, and though both of them were large fans of heat, it was nice to let themselves cool down every once and a while.

Baekhyun knew too, that Chanyeol was concerned about him lately. After everything that had gone down with Key, Chanyeol had become a little bit more protective, not that Baekhyun was complaining at all, it was all actually rather sweet. But it didn’t mean he couldn’t hold his own, even if he did like being doted on by his boyfriend.

They’d sat down the night after and spoke about Baekhyun’s change in attitude when it came to him getting his own back on his abusers. And though Baekhyun knew that given the chance, he’d kill them in a heartbeat, he didn’t want to worry Chanyeol, or anyone for that matter. It wasn’t even about a personal vendetta anymore. It wasn’t about revenge or anything like that. It was about stopping them from hurting anyone else, and either he wasn’t very good at articulating just why he wanted them dead, or people simply couldn’t see past his brokenness because of those monsters.

He chose not to let it get to him though. He knew his friends meant well and only wanted what was best for him. Baekhyun was as gentle as anyone on a normal day, but he’d fight until the death to make sure that nobody else ever had to endure what he went through in that long year that he was trapped with him.

He turned to look at Chanyeol with a soft smile, wondering how he ever got so lucky to land someone so loving, so hell-bent on making him happy, “Junmyeon?”

“Yeah, but I don’t know why?!” Chanyeol admitted, making them both laugh, “Like, I absolutely adore him, but sometimes…”

Baekhyun nodded, “He can be a little… overbearing. I think that’s just his mum-mode snapping into place though” he chuckled, “It’s like Junmyeon’s our mum and Kris is our dad”

“But then they got divorced, and mum re-married, so now we have some scary, yet really cute step-dad. And Kris is acting like he doesn’t notice that cute -retary who can control time flirting with him constantly” Chanyeol added with a boom laugh, clapping his hands together. “And we’re all adopted, because otherwise this would be some weird uous thing, and I’m not down with that”

“Literally nobody would be down with that” Baekhyun shuddered, “I dread to think… yeesh…”

Chanyeol sniggered lightly, “Anyways, how’s your day been?”

“Good, I had to listen to Kyungsoo rant about how Jongin had dared to kiss him for like an hour before Jongdae came and took over as my ears” Baekhyun rolled his eyes, “I swear… Those two give me a headache with their little games. Although, I do owe Jongin a punch or something. He said, and I quote ‘we’re friends’ and now look at him! Kissing Kyungsoo like he’s allowed!”

Chanyeol shook his head amusedly, “The nerve of some people” he let out, trying his best to hide his sarcasm.

“That was uncalled for, Park Chanyeol” Baekhyun narrows his eyes at the taller boy, “You’re lucky I love you, otherwise I’d push you off of this rood”

Chanyeol let out a burst of laughter, “God, you’re so violent today! Setting people on fire, pushing people off of roofs… Cool it, crazy”

“The fire thing didn’t count! It wasn’t like I actually meant it,” Baekhyun scoffed, “And besides, I saw you flicking fire at Kris the other night, so you can be quiet”

Chanyeol grinned as he wrapped an arm around Baekhyun’s shoulders, “That doesn’t count, though. You know it’s fun to try and get a reaction out of Kris. I’ll never forget the day I scared him that bad he turned into a pigeon. Oh man, I thought I was gonna pee myself from laughing so hard”

“Yeah, until he started pecking you until you cried” Baekhyun pointed out with a roll of his eyes, “You’re such a dork” he sighed out a small laugh of content.

“Hey, that really hurt, you know” Chanyeol whined, leaning in more to bury his face in Baekhyun’s hair and nuzzling into the loft locks, making Baekhyun giggle softly.

“Still a dork” the shorter of the two replied, pushing Chanyeol’s face back so that he could look at him, “But you’re my dork, so it’s okay”

Chanyeol smiled, looking down into Baekhyun’s eyes, “Yeah I am” he said softly, leaning in at the same time that Baekhyun pushed upwards so that they could kiss.

“I like that I can do that” Baekhyun sighed contently, letting himself melt into Chanyeol’s hold.

Chanyeol hummed, “Me too. You have nice lips. Soft” he said, “I like them a lot”

“I knew you were just using me for my lips” Baekhyun gasped, letting himself be kissed again, and again, and then one more time.

“Well, not just your lips. I also like your eyes, and your nose, and your face” Chanyeol beamed, pressing more kisses to Baekhyun’s lips, “And your height, and your hips, and your body, but mostly, I like you”

Baekhyun smiled, shaking his head in amazement, “Park Chanyeol… I just cannot with you”

“What can I say” Chanyeol smiled back, “I have so much love for you, Byun Baek. So much love for what an amazing person you are. You’re brilliant, you know that?”

Baekhyun looked down shyly with a small laugh, “You’re just saying that” he waved him off, “I’m just me. Just Baekhyun…”

“No, I’m not” Chanyeol said, using his free hand to tilt Baekhyun’s chin back up, “Baek, after everything you’ve been put through… You could have crumbled, you could have let them get the better of you, but you didn’t let them. You escaped, you got out and look at you now. You’re one of the strongest people I’ve ever met. I really admire you, and not just because I love you, not because I like you more and more every day. But because you have been in a place where the world has torn you down over, and over, and over again, but you’ve always picked yourself back up and pushed on. Even with this whole thing with Key, you had to relive some of your worst memories, and you could have let that beat you, but you pushed out a mind reader, and blocked him, like it was child’s play. You’re really amazing, and don’t let anyone ever tell you otherwise”

Baekhyun smiled half-heartedly, “I thought you didn’t like how I was after the whole Key thing…”

“It isn’t that” Chanyeol shook his head, his hand trailing down Baekhyun’s spine, then back up again in a soothing manner, “I was worried, because I don’t ever want to see you pushed to the point of not caring again. I know why you feel how you do, why you reacted how you did. Hell, I agree with what you want to do to them. Stop anyone else having to go through that sort of thing… It was just shocking to see this person that I thought I knew all of, get pushed to the point of breaking. I was scared that you were gonna do something you’d regret, that’s all. There’s not a part of you that I don’t like, Baekhyun. And there never will be. If you want to track down every last one of those monsters and see to it that they’re dead before they can lay a hand on another innocent person, then I’ll gladly help you do it. I just don’t want to see you lose yourself along the way. Killing someone in theory and killing someone in person is a whole different thing that you’ll never know if you’re prepared for until you do it…”

Baekhyun paused to look at Chanyeol in shock, throughout all of his inner turmoil, he’d forgotten how Chanyeol had been brought up. Had forgotten the things he tall boy had had to do to survive, “Oh god… Yeol, I’m so sorry. I didn’t even think…. ing hell, I’m the worst boyfriend, I didn’t even…”

“Hey” Chanyeol cut him off, “Hey, that isn’t what I’m getting at. This isn’t about me. Your hands are clean, Baek. Sparkling… My hands… Well they’ve been dirty since before I could talk. You don’t know what it’s like to kill someone, just like I don’t know what it’s like to go through what you did. But we both have our lives, we both have our pasts, and because of what we know, what we’ve been through, we’re gonna get through this. We’re gonna help each other out and we’re going to come out on top. I honestly believe that much” he said, “And if you don’t want to get blood on your hands when it comes to those people that hurt you. Then you don’t have to, because I’m sure as hell not going to let them live if I come face to face with them. I can promise you that much”

Baekhyun’s eyes widened slightly, “You’d actually kill someone for me?” he asked, his voice quiet with surprise.

“If it means you never have to worry about them hurting you, never have to wake up terrified that they know where you are, ever again… I’d hunt them down right now and kill them with my bare hands” Chanyeol said firmly.

Baekhyun smiled a little ruefully, “But it isn’t that simple” he whispered, “Monsters can be killed, but the memories haunt you forever. They’re alive in your nightmares… No matter what you do”

“I know” Chanyeol said back softly, a little sigh leaving him, “And I wish so damn much that I could take that off of your shoulders.”

Baekhyun’s smile softened as he looked up at his boyfriend, his eyes full of adoration for the guy he got to call his own, “But don’t you see? You already do that. Yeol, since I met you, I’ve been able to sleep through the night more often, because I know with you by my side, nothing can touch me. I get scared sometimes, terrified even, but that’s inevitable. Deep down, I know that I’ve got my hero right by my side… Those nights when I can’t sleep, you always seem to know, and as soon as I step foot in that common room, there you are. Those days when I don’t want to eat because I’m too in my head to focus, you wait until I’m not concentrating and feed me little bits of your food, and make sure I drink water. The days when I’m too afraid to leave the common room, you skip all your classes, and get in trouble just so that I don’t have to be on my own. Yeol, you have literally taken so much weight off of my shoulders that I feel like I could float away, how can you not see that? You… You’re my everything. I don’t know what I’d do without you”

Chanyeol shook his head, before letting his forehead rest against Baekhyun’s, “You’re my light” he whispered, “you’re my guide through this life, and I want you to know that I will follow you until the end, okay?”

“For always, Yeol” Baekhyun whispered back, “You’re my always”

Chanyeol pressed a kiss to Baekhyun’s lips, just taking in all that was the shorter boy.

“Ditto, Byun Baek” he said softly.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: chapter seven is up and running ^^

Let me know what you thought! 

TTFN, 

Much love~

Until next time<3