Thirteen.

The Specials

Love is a strange thing. It’s powerful. Powerful enough to kill you. To make you blind to the world. Love is a good thing, but sometimes it came be so good that you miss the bad.

 

It should have been a happy moment. And it would have been, had they noticed the Rogues creeping back in…

It happened so fast, one moment they were smiling and laughing together, and the next, his mother’s face was contorting in pain as blood shot from and her body fell limp against him. Yixing voice was stuck in his throat as he watched the rage show on his father’s face before the man turned and send a hot blow towards the Rogue that had caused it.

The Rogue fell dead, but not before sending a flurry of bullets at Yixing’s father. They cut through his chest and sent him to his knees before he landed face down against the rubble, unmoving.

Junmyeon watched as Yixing held his mother in his arms, the younger boy’s eyes began to shine a vivid red as he let out a loud, unyielding scream of pain and grief. The wind grew violent, as though on the cusp of a hurricane, whipping Yixing’s hair around, but he was too far gone to care.

Every Rogue in the area looked pained as their life-force visually began to leave them, draining them until they were nothing but lifeless shells. There were at least seventy of them in the area and not one of them escaped Yixing’s wrath.

As the redness of his irises died down, a wave of tears overtook him and he fell to the floor, cradling his mother’s lifeless body.

He gently laid her on the ground before placing his hands over her heart. But he wasn’t fast enough, Junmyeon was already pulling him back.

“DON’T BE STUPID!” Junmyeon shouted frantically, “YOU’LL KILL YOURSELF!”

"I DON’T CARE! I NEED THEM! I NEED THEM!” Yixing screamed, struggling to get out of Junmyeon’s arms, “they can’t be gone! I only just got them back! Let go! I can save them! LET GO! LET GOT OF ME!!”

But Junmyeon kept a firm grip on him, ignoring the way he could feel himself being drained, “Listen to me! You said it yourself, you don’t mess with what’s dead! It’s dangerous! And you don’t know if what you’re bringing back will really be them. Yixing, you need to stop and focus! Yixing, please! Please!”

“BUT I NEED THEM!” Yixing sobbed angrily, still stuggling against Junmyeon until the hurt became too much and he fell limp in his lover’s arms, “I need them” he cried, his face soaked with tears as he looked over what were his mum and dad, “Mama… Baba…”

“I know, baby” Junmyeon said softly, glad that he was behind Yixing so that the grieving boy couldn’t see his tears, “I know. I’m sorry. I’ve got you. I’ve got you, baby” he held Yixing tighter against him, wanting nothing more than to take away his boyfriend, his best friend in the whole world’s pain.

Yixing didn’t reply after that, he only turned in Junmyeon’s arms and held onto him with all that he had.

Junmyeon glanced up to see Jongin and Kyungsoo watching Yixing in shock and sympathy. It wasn’t easy to watch your parents die, let alone have them die in your arms moments after reuniting with them.

Specials all over the street were checking up on one another, now feeling safe to do so since Yixing had wiped out every Rogue in the near vicinity.

Hesitantly, Kyungsoo walked over and crouched down beside Yixing, reaching out and pressing his palm to the elder’s cheek, “I know the last thing you want to hear right now is that you need to be strong, but you do, Xing. It’s gonna hurt like hell for a really long time, but it’ll get better eventually. I know what it’s like to lose your parents right before your eyes, so I’ll help you through this however I can. But right now, you need to be strong for them, okay? You need to win this war and create the world that they’ve been fighting for all these years”

Yixing said nothing for a long time, he only looked back at Kyungsoo blankly, then he blinked and with a quiet voice said, “I want to bury them. Will you help me?”

“Of course” Kyungsoo told him, “Jongin, take us to somewhere that we can lay them to rest peacefully”

That was how they ended up in a small woodland area, not far from Yixing’s family home in China. They figured an hour away from the war wouldn’t hurt, especially with most of the Rogues in their assigned zone dead, thanks to Yixing.

Kyungsoo created graves in the ground before Jongin and Junmyeon lowered in the bodies of Yixing’s parents. They’d been wrapped in a pretty golden cloth by Yixing to protect their faces from the dirt, it was all that he could do given the circumstances.

There were no hymns sung or words spoken as Kyungsoo lowered the Earth back over them. The tears fell silently and it was as though all was still as the grass regrew at a rapid pace over the graves.

Kyungsoo formed a marble headstone and engraved it simply with Yixing’s parents’ names and ‘In loving memory of a proud mother and father, they died to create a better world’ before bringing forth a wreath of flowers to lie at the base of it.

Yixing took the Earth Special’s hand and gave it a squeeze of silent thanks. Kyungsoo easily squeezed back to express his welcome.

“Do you want to say anything?” Jongin asked gently.

But Yixing only shook his head, “No. There’s nothing to say anymore. The only thing left to do is win this war for them” he said soullessly, “Let’s go back. We’re done here. They’re resting peacefully now”

Junmyeon wordlessly wrapped his arms around Yixing from the side and kissed him softly, but lingeringly, on the cheek, “We’ll win this for them. I promise you”

Yixing nodded, thankful for the tight grip that Junmyeon had on him. He knew that his knees would buckle beneath him, that he didn’t want, because Kyungsoo was right. He had to be strong now, grieving had to wait until the war was over.

They each made sure they had a grip on Jongin, then they were being pulled through the darkness and back into that street. Many specials were still there, respectfully clearing the road of the fallen.

There wasn’t a Rogue in sight and Yixing was thankful for that, because he honestly didn’t know if he’d break down or go on a full blown vengeance kick. Neither sounded appealing. He was a healer, he didn’t want to see people hurt.

He mentally scoffed at himself, some healer he was. He couldn’t even save his own mother and father.

“It isn’t your fault” Junmyeon said suddenly, “I know you want to blame yourself, but don’t. There was nothing you could have done. I know it’s hard and I can’t even begin to imagine what you’re going through right now, but please don’t blame yourself. It isn’t your fault. None of it” his voice was firm, but understanding as he spoke.

Yixing didn’t know what he’d done to land such an amazing person in his life, but he’d never been so very glad to have Junmyeon by his side.

It didn’t take away the feeling of guilt ebbing at him, but he appreciated it nonetheless. He’d never known a person as selfless as Junmyeon.

“It just… I only just got them back, you know? And it’s like some higher up is out to make me hurt by tearing them away from me again. I just don’t know how to deal with any of this anymore. I’m scared. I’m really damn scared and I don’t know how to function anymore. I hate this! I hate this so much!”

“I wish I could take you away from all if this” Junmyeon told the other boy sadly, “I wish I could give you a life that makes you happy”

Yixing smiled slightly, lifting his hand to caress Junmyeon’s cheek, “You do that already by just being you” he said sweetly.

“Cheesy” Junmyeon whispered with a smile, leaning in to kiss Yixing for a moment, just to keep his mind occupied with good things.

Yixing kissed back easily, obviously wanting to escape the fight just for a moment. He held Junmyeon’s face between his hands, whilst in turn Junmyeon help onto his waist.

“I love you. I always will, okay?” Junmyeon whispered against Yixing’s lips.

Yixing nodded gently, “I love you too. You’re my everything, ‘Myeon. You’re my forever”

“And you’re mine” Junmyeon replied.

 

Luhan groaned as a Rogue managed to land a punch to the side of his head, “” he grunted, shaking it off and getting on with the fight again, “You’ll have to do better than that!”

“Fine. Bring it on” the Rogue taunted, grabbing Luhan by the jaw and smirking.

Luhan was nothing if not practical, swallowing his pride, he opened his mouth and clamped his teeth down hard on the man’s dirt-caked hand.

“Ah! What the are you playing at, you little freak!” The man growled, shoving Luhan back.

“Freak! You’re a freak!” a boy taunted. He was Luhan’s foster brother, and seemed to hate Luhan with a passion.

They were stood in their ‘parents’’ nice kitchen and Luhan was seething. “I’m not a freak!” he shot back.

“A girly little freak!” the boy spat nastily.

Luhan snapped, his eight year old self not having an understanding of his power. The kitchen was in an uproar as electronics exploded and glass shattered all around them.

His foster brother screamed in fear as he fled the room to fetch their parents.

Luhan sighed, he’d be sent back into care again now. He hated it, and not being a baby, the likelihood of someone picking to foster him now was slim pickings. Only he wasn’t forced back into care at all...

Nobody bothered to explain what was happening as the men in white uniforms carted him off in padded cuffs, no matter how much he begged and pleaded.

His foster parents simply sighed and went on back into the house as he was locked in the back of a van an driven away without so much as a goodbye.

He didn’t know how long he was in the van, but it felt like hours. He was afraid, but he’d learnt long ago that crying didn’t help any, so his eyes remained dry.

Eventually the van stilled and footsteps sounded towards the back doors of the van. The doors were pulled opened and then Luhan was being yanked out and dragged into a large brick building. He was pulled through hall after hall until they came to a door. His cuffs were removed, as were his clothes, then he was forced into a pair of light blue pyjamas and a strait jacket before he was shoved harshly into a padded cell, where he was locked in and left alone.

It felt like forever until the door opened again and in walked a woman in scrubs and a lab coat.

“Luhan,” she spoke softly, kindly even, and that was when Luhan knew something was wrong. People only spoke in that tone when hell was to follow, the calm before the storm. “I’m Doctor Ahn. I’m here to help you get better. I hear you’ve had some troubles over the past, so I’m going to help you.”

“I don’t need help” Luhan said coldly, the light above them shattering violently as he spoke.

Dr Ahn looked positively gleeful at that, “Oh Luhan. We have a lot of work to do with you” she purred delightedly before looking behind her, “Take him to Room B. I need to examine him” she spoke and the next thing Luhan knew, he was being removed from the strait jacket and strapped to a gurney by two large men in white uniforms and wheeled down the halls.

The hours that followed were pull of probing and pinching, scans and needles as the doctor tried to figure out how he worked. He passed out twice before the woman sighed and ordered for him to be taken back to his cell.

As the months wore on, the tests became more unruly and draining, sometimes even dangerous. Definitely not legal. He was forced through test after test, even electroshock therapy, but even at such a young age, he wasn’t stupid. He wouldn’t use his powers. Not for the likes of his tormentors.

The doctors grew more aggressive in their frustration, but he didn’t care. He wouldn’t relent. Not ever.

To try and tide him over, he was granted the rights of a regular inmate, breakfast, lunch, dinner and free time.

Free time was Luhan’s favourite because he’d befriended a couple of the others there. Namely an old lady named Rita that doted on him like a grandmother. He really liked her.

She soothed him after his sessions with Doctor Ahn.

 

She ended up passing away in her sleep when he was eleven and that was when he decided it was time to get out.

For the first time in three years, he used his powers.

He waited until lights out to use his power to disarm his cell, along with the cameras and any locked doors in his way. He didn’t even try to hide, he simply walked out the front door undetected and went on his way.

He’d have done it sooner, but he hadn’t wanted to leave Rita alone after all she had done for him.

It took him a good day of walking, but eventually he made it to a small village, which was where he learnt of the kindness of strangers.

An elderly man was walking by with an armful of bread when he noticed Luhan sitting in the gutter, shivering at the cool November breeze. He paused with a frown and sad eyes.

“Boy, why are you not with your family?” he asked gently, crouching down to Luhan’s eye line.

Luhan bit his lip, he wasn’t so much with the trust lately, “I… I don’t have a family, sir” he answered calmly, though eyeing the man suspiciously.

The man looked as though the thought hurt his heart, “What’s your name, son?” he asked.

“Why?” Luhan asked defensively, “So you can send me back to S.M?”

The man gasped, “You’ve been at S. Medical?” he asked with a pained look, “My boy, I would not wish that fate on my worst enemy”

Luhan regarded him for a long moment, “Luhan” he relented, albeit hesitantly, “My name is Luhan”

“It’s nice to meet you, Luhan. My name is Ernest. Tell me, have you eaten? You must be hungry?” the old man croaked. He had a wispy voice that Luhan found oddly comforting.

“I’m a little hungry, Sir” Luhan admitted.

Ernest smiled, “Then why are we still here? I have food enough for the both of us at home” he said, standing up again. He paused when he realised Luhan hadn’t moved, “Come now, son. My home is your home too now. My wife passed last year and I have far too much space for myself. What do you say we make a family of one another?”

“Y-You mean it?” Luhan gasped, not quite believing his ears.

Ernest hummed, “I very rarely say things I don’t mean. You will have to earn your keep, mind. Odd jobs and such. And you’ll be going to school. Is that something you think you can handle?” and when he was met with a nod, he smiled, “Well then, let’s go home, okay?”

“Home” Luhan repeated, the word feeling foreign in his mouth. He felt on the verge of tears, but held them back as he got to his feet and began to walk side by side with the old man. “Thank you so much, sir” he said, his heart filling with warmth.

Ernest smiled, “We’re family now, son. Call me Grandpa”

And for the first time in many years, Luhan found himself crying.

As it turned out, Ernest was the town baker. Luhan adored him, he adored getting to work at the bakery after school too, and when he could on weekends.

Life was good and Luhan was happy for the first time. From eleven to just after his fifteenth birthday, Luhan’s life was wonderful. He was able to live like any other kid, with his Grandpa encouraging him all the way. The old man had been delighted when he found out about Luhan’s powers and told Luhan that it didn’t matter, his powers weren’t bad, they just made him special.

And boy did he feel it. Luhan had never known the love of a family until Ernest had taken him in.

But like all good things in Luhan’s life, it came to an abrupt end.

 

He was lying in bed one night when he was woken up by a commission in the street. He groggily made his way to the window and that was the first time he’d ever seen them.

The Rogues. He’d read about them, knew what they were capable of, but never did he expect he’d come face to face with them in his little village.

There was a loud smash from the bakery downstairs, followed by a lot of yelling.

Luhan look off down the stairs as fast as he could, but he was too late. The bakery was destroyed and Ernest… Ernest was lying lifeless behind the counter, a pool of blood by his head.

Another group ran in and killed the men that had killed his Grandpa before they spotted Luhan.

“D-Don’t move any closer!” Luhan yelled, holding his palms out in front of him defensively, “I’ll k-kill you!” he threatened.

The three men shared a look, “Hey, don’t be afraid, we’re the good guys” one of them said, lowering his hood, “My name is Jonghyun. This is Kibum, and Taemin. We’re here to help”

Luhan jumped, exploding a counter as Jonghyun stepped forward, “I’ve heard that before”

“He’s a special” Kibum said, “Kid, do you have anywhere to go?” he asked.

Luhan shook his head.

“Need a place to stay? Somewhere safe?” Kibum asked.

Luhan nodded.

“We come from a school for specials like you” Jonghyun told him, “It’s safe there and you’ll learn how to control your powers. You can come back with us… Would you want that?”

Again, Luhan nodded and the start of the rest of his life began.

“I’m not a freak” Luhan said, sending the guy to the floor, “I’m just special” and with that, the Rogue was crushed to death by his own skeleton.

Sehun was by his side in the next moment, “We’ve been told to fall back. It’s our turn to go get some food and sleep” he said, “C’mon, Lu. Let’s go rest, yeah?”

Luhan nodded, allowing Sehun to pull him out of the crowd and away from the bulk of the fight to where they could safely get some rest, guarded by their own.

And Luhan was definitely in need of a rest.

 

Well if you told me you were drowning, I would not lend a hand, I’ve seen your face before my friend, but I don’t know if you know who I am. Well I was there, and I saw what you did. I saw it with my own two eyes. So you can wipe off that grin, I know where you’ve been. It’s all been a pack of lies!

Kyungsoo liked music. He liked that it reflected real life, but mostly he liked that it was open to interpretation. What it meant to the artist doesn’t necessarily reflect what it will mean to the listener, or similarly from one listener to another.

He liked music because when he was at a loss of how to explain how he was feeling, music could do it for him. There was a song for every moment, so it didn’t really surprise him when the woman he knew to be Jongin’s birth mother, and the killer of his parents, ran past him that Phil Collins’ In the air tonight filled his mind, pounding it's way through him to the rage that settled in his stomach.

She was laughing and smiling as she fought. That she was an excellent fighter, Kyungsoo couldn’t deny. She was beautiful too, not that it mattered since it didn’t take away from how ruthless the woman was.

Well I remember, I remember don’t worry. How could I ever forget, it’s the first time, the last time, we ever met. I know the reason why you kept your silence up. No you don’t fool me. The hurt doesn’t show, but the pain still grows, it’s no stranger to you and me!

Sometimes Kyungsoo wondered if people actually heard past the drum beat and listened to the anger in the words spoken. Though it was a doubtful thought. People know the drum beat and laugh because it was made into an entertainment gimmick with joking adverts, and people don’t like to think if they don’t have to.

But there was something he hated in seeing this woman. And that was that they were very much alike.

They were strikingly different in the sense that Kyungsoo hated chaos whilst she thrived on it, but there as a reason that song came to mind.

The hurt doesn’t show, but the pain still grows, it’s not stranger to you and me.

Kyungsoo’s parents took her children away from her, and though they had done it for the good of the innocent ones, she didn’t see it that way. She only saw that they had taken something from her, and in turn she took their lives from them. And took them from Kyungsoo.

She’d sought her revenge and taken it.

But little did she know that Kyungsoo was in her every vein when it came to vengeance. He’d make her see, because it was going to be him that had the last laugh.

There was light and dark in everybody and Kyungsoo had no qualms in tapping that darkness if it meant seeing that woman dead at his hands.

“I can feel it coming in the air tonight… Oh lord…” Kyungsoo sang under his breath, “And I’ve been waiting for this moment, for all my life… Oh lord…”

He would bide his time. He knew he’d need to get Jongin out of the way first. Not because it was the woman that birthed him, but because he didn’t want Jongin to see him like that.

Kyungsoo had killed so many Rogues since this war had started, but this woman… He would take pleasure in seeing her fall at his feet.

He’d wipe that smile from her pretty lips and make her beg for the mercy that would never come.

He walked past her in what felt like slow motion, catching her eye as he did.

She looked at him curiously for a moment before a smile blossomed on her lips again.

She tossed her opponent to one side before walking over to Kyungsoo, all sleek and graceful in her movements.

“I recognise you” she said softly, “From many years ago”

Kyungsoo lifted his chin in acknowledgement, “As you should” he replied hauntingly. That confirmed it was definitely her.

He remained still as she walked in a purposeful circle around him, stopping at his right hand side and leaning close to his face, “You were crying back then. You were just a boy. But look at you now, Kyungsoo. Look at you now”

Kyungsoo hummed, “All grown up” he deadpanned.

“All grown up” the woman smiled, “It suits you. I’m almost glad I didn’t kill you now. It would have been a shame not to have seen this”

“How flattering” Kyungsoo said monotonously, “But I just thought I’d give you a heads up and let you know I’ll be coming for you soon enough”

She smiled wider, “Why not do this right now?” she prompted, “It’d be such good fun”

Kyungsoo’s eyes raked over her face, “Not time yet” he said, “But tell me, you’re behind all this, yes?”

“Naturally. Every army needs a capable leader, and I more than fit the bill” she said easily with a small shrug, moving to stand back in front of Kyungsoo.

“I don’t deny that you’re a good fighter. Leadership though, no. You’re more about the power of it all” Kyungsoo replied wisely, “But why? Why do you think this is the way forward?”

She laughed softly, “Because power is everything. If you don’t have power that what’s the point? These Normals, they’re nothing more than swine”

“So naturally you thought of genocide?” Kyungsoo rolled his eyes, “Have you learnt nothing from history? You’re doomed to fail. Evil will never triumph over good.

Again the woman laughed, “Oh sweetheart, don’t you see? We already are triumphant. And as soon as this war is over, you’re going to wish you’d chosen our side. We aren’t evil, Kyungsoo, we just know what’s best for this world” she sighed, “The Normals are destroying this planet, surely you of all people should feel that”

Kyungsoo shook his head, “It doesn’t matter how much you try, you’ll never justify want you’re doing here”

“Can you justify wanting to murder me?” she raised a questioning brow.

“Revenge” Kyungsoo said without a pause, “It’s that simple”

The woman sighed softly, her fair falling over his delicate features, “And who are you to decide who lives and dies?” she shot back at the boy.

“Who are you to do so?” Kyungsoo retaliated.

At that, a wide smile crept over the woman’s face, “I’m to be your Queen when I win this war. That’s who I am. Your ruler”

“The day I bow to you is the day I implode this planet” Kyungsoo spat viciously, “You’re scum”

“Implode the planet? Well that’s a little dramatic” she rolled her eyes, “as if you’d even have the power to do so”

Kyungsoo smirked, “Try me”

The woman, to her credit, did not show her surprise at Kyungsoo’s confidence, she merely regarded him with a curious look, “Interesting” she hummed, “Very interesting. So you’d kill off every sad soul on this floating rock just to feel morally superior?” she asked, genuine curiosity getting the better of her.

“Not at all, but I’d sooner see this planet die than have you rule over it” Kyungsoo told her.

“You are a feisty one, aren’t you” the woman smiled, cocking her hip out and folding her arms over her chest in amusement, “Oh I like you, Kyungsoo. I like you a lot”

Kyungsoo raised a brow, “Unfortunately for you, the feeling isn’t mutual” he said simply.

“Of course, of course” the woman waved him off with a dismissive hand, “I think I’ll save you for last. I can’t wait to make you watch as your friends die” she laughed, “I wonder if you’ll cry this time around. I so hope you do… It’s been far too long since I last got to see it, and I think it’ll be more satisfying this time”

“Believe me, I won’t be crying when we come to blows. I’m sure Kai will look forward to knowing you’re dead and out of his life for good” Kyungsoo taunted. He could feel the power shift and the scale tipped in his favour.

He smirked as something akin to anger flooded over the woman’s face. Bingo. He’d hit the nail on the head, “How dare you speak his name!” she screeched, “You’re nothing to him!”

Oh yes, definitely a shift in power. Now Kyungsoo had the upper hand and he wasn’t afraid to use that to his benefit.

He laughed scathingly, “Right, I’ll explain that to him the next time he’s kissing me. Or maybe the next time he goes down on me. Just to clear thing up, you know… We wouldn’t want any misunderstandings, right?”

“You shut your dirty little trap!” She screeched, making Kyungsoo laugh all the more, “Don’t you dare talk about my son like that!”

“He stopped being your son a long time ago, honey” Kyungsoo said with a sarcastic shake of his head, “He isn’t yours. His mother died because of your kind. He hates you. Don’t you get it? You’re nothing to him” he tutted, “What kind of mother were you anyhow? Your own kids ran away from you because they couldn’t stand being around you. You hurt the person you call a son and laugh at his pain all because – what, you don’t like not having him be a conniving little like yourself? It’s pathetic”

The woman growled, “When I win this war-”

“If you do, you think he’ll actually forgive you?” Kyungsoo cut her off, “Think he’ll come crawling back for you to welcome him back with open arms after you’ve killed all the people he loves? Fat chance, lady. He’d sooner die that call you his mother” he laughed pityingly.

“Kyungsoo,” she bit warningly, “Do not say things to me that I can make you regret. I’m not known for my kindness when I’m wronged”

“Oh I’m ever so sorry, your highness” Kyungsoo mocked, “It’s almost as though we’re at war and plan to fight anyway. What was I thinking” he scoffed, “You don’t scare me. And if you think this is you being wronged, then you are so far from understanding what being wronged is. And trust me when I say this, kindness is not my strong suit either. I’m not very good with the concept of forgiving murderous bastards that think the world owes them something”

“You don’t know what I’ve been through to get where I am!” She shouted at him, “You don’t know anything about me!”

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes, “You weren’t evil, you were a great mum, your kids left and my dad helped, blah, blah, blah. Please, spare me the sob story, because I really couldn’t care less. You’ve not been wronged, and the world owes you nothing. You’re just a sad excuse for a human being that thinks that she has a right above everyone else when you don’t. You’re not entitled to an army of followers just because you lost something that didn’t even want to be found in the first place. You’re owed nothing and you will get what’s coming to you”

“KYUNGSOO!”

“I’m literally a foot in front of you. There’s no need to shout” Kyungsoo continued to taunt, his eyes alight with amusement, “Calm yourself”

The woman paused in her attempt to speak as her eyes landed on something behind Kyungsoo.

A hand came to rest on the boy’s shoulder, a hand he knew all too well.

“What’s going on?” Jongin asked, glaring daggers at the woman that gave birth to him.

He hadn’t even realised that she was there at first, but he ought to have guessed she’d be. The whole situation had her stench all over it.

He didn’t like the way she was looking at Kyungsoo, as though she would love nothing more to eat the boy for dinner. She was angry, that much was clear. Kyungsoo must have really hit a sore spot with whatever he’d said to her. But even so, there was something under the anger that gleamed in her eye, something that seemed like… admiration. He didn’t know what they’d been talking about, but whatever it was, he didn’t like the way she had seemed to take a liking to Kyungsoo.

That didn’t sit well with him, and he’d kill the before he let her lay a hand on his boyfriend. He didn’t care if she’d brought him into the world, she was nothing but an evil son of a , and Jongin wouldn’t care if he were the one to take her life away from her.

“Chatting” Kyungsoo said lightly, his eyes not once leaving the woman’s. There was something going on that Jongin didn’t know if he wanted to understand. But if it meant his boyfriend was in danger, he wasn’t backing down.

Jongin scoffed, “Right. Chatting. I’m sure. Did she hurt you? Because I swear to god, I’ll-”

“Jongin, stop. I’m fine. We really were just talking, there’s nothing more to it” Kyungsoo soothed the boy’s worries, “There’s no need to get riled up. Besides, I think I can handle myself well enough”

“I’m not saying you can’t” Jongin said softly, “But, you know…”

Kyungsoo let his eyes move away from the woman to look at Jongin with a smile, “I know” he said softly.

“Kai…” Jongin’s mother spoke, “You look well”

“Did I ask for your input?!” Jongin snapped, turning on the woman.

Though she was clearly taken aback by his rage, she didn’t waver, “Am I not supposed to care for my own child?” she asked him.

“Sure,” Jongin replied without hesitation, “When you have one. Or maybe if you didn’t ing hit and cut them whenever you saw them. Pretty ed up way of caring if you ask me”

“I was only trying to toughen you up, sweetheart” She tried.

“Bull!” Jongin snapped, “You’re a ing joke! Mothers do not try and make killers of their children. Mothers do not play stupid ing mind games to try and make their kids ‘strong’ and ‘tough’. You’re disgusting! You’re lucky I don’t ing kill you right now! You don’t get to stand there and give me a load of about how you care about me, or how I’m your kid. What have you ever done to care for me?! Jack ! You don’t get to show up here and ask me how I am, or comment on my life, because you do not know me. You’re a stranger to me, and you think that I’ll sit here and play happy families when you’ve started a war against my family and friends?! It doesn’t ing work that way!”

Kyungsoo hummed, “Jongin, let’s just go. I’m sure ‘Myeon and ‘Xing are worrying” he said softly, tugging gently at Jongin’s hand.

“Fine. Let’s go then” Jongin said hotly, taking Kyungsoo’s hand and walking away. “I’m done here anyway”

“Kai, wait! Please! I’m your mum!” She called after them, “Kai! Come on, sweetheart, we can fix this. We can get past this. We’re family, you’re my baby boy!”

Jongin paused, “You’re nothing but a dead body waiting to happen” he said without looking at her, “You may have given birth to me, but you have never, ever, been my mum. My mum is dead thanks to you, and you better be sure that I’ll put you in the ground where you belong”

With that, he and Kyungsoo returned to fight beside their friends.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: sorry it's been so long, I've been so busy it's unreal...

But nonetheless, I hoped you liked the chapter. Leave me a comment and let me know what you thought! ^^

Much love~

Until next time♡