Confession #1

Confessions of a Tooth Fairy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This was a kidnapping.

Kang Sun Hwa was sure of that. She remembered minding her own business when someone hit her from the back of her head, blindfolded her, and put her in a white van (it’s always a white van). She remembered being driven somewhere, and then being carried and thrown into a cage.

Well, technically, if she wanted to get the facts right, it wasn’t exactly a kidnapping. To change the wording to make it more accurate, this would have to be a tooth fairy abduction. Where the cage was a hamster’s cage and the hit she got on the back of her head was a flick of someone’s fingers.

But even if she was a tooth fairy, taking away someone against their will was illegal. She hoped that fairies counted under a branch of a genetically modified version of people, and the people who would find her wouldn't mistake her as a talking doll. And then she could back home and continue her amazing (miserable) job of giving kids money in exchange for teeth. Everything would work out well.

Sun Hwa wondered if being delusional was a symptom of getting abducted.

Was this some sort of twisted karma that was bent on making her life hell? Sun Hwa didn’t mean to flood her elementary school, she didn’t mean to punch Kris Wu in tenth grade, and she really didn’t mean to eat the last cookie in the cookie jar. But karma was being a real jerk, and she ended up with being a tooth fairy, with no love life whatsoever, and more than necessary amount of near-death experiences with birds and pet dogs.

And now she was stuck in a hamster cage in a dark room, not knowing where she was, who took her, or when she was going to die. Sun Hwa slumped against the bars. What a wonderful life.

Kim Minseok made through another day of bad breath, cavities, and crying kids. He was quite proud of himself: he had made it through this day, and only had the rest of his life to go through.

His day at work started with Victoria, his receptionist, telling him that they were short-staffed, and that the bawling kid in the waiting area was his first appointment. The kid (Victoria said his name was Sehun, he preferred the name Screeching Banshee) shook the whole office with his screams.

“He’ll stop crying soon, he just needs to get it all out,” Sehun’s mother said after they got him into the exam room. She took one last glance at her son, and proceeded to walk out of the room to the waiting area. Leaving Minseok with his assistant, Jungkook, with the banshee.

“Dr. Kim? What do we do now?” Jungkook looked at him with panic. “We need to clean his teeth, but with him like that, we won’t even get close.” In his hand was a mouth mirror, and he waved it around in front of Minseok for more emphasis.

“Don’t look at me, I don’t know what to do,” Minseok hissed back.

They stood there helplessly, as Sehun’s tears continued to fall and his cries went up an octave. Jungkook cringed, and took a step back.

“Dr. Kim, please do something,” Jungkook whispered. “I don’t think my ears can take it anymore.”

“Um…” Minseok put on a tentative smile, and slowly went towards Sehun.

“Hi Sehun, I’m Dr. Kim. I’ll be checking your teeth today, to see if it’s healthy and strong. I promise it won’t hurt, it'll be a quick checkup. You ca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter