(2/2)

Better Than Fiction

“Would you stay put!” Jongin grabs onto Sehun’s forearm and tries to guide the hyped man through the crowd towards their designated seats.

Everyone had been pleasantly shocked when Sehun told them about his amazing gift from Lay-hyung and ever since that day (twelve days precisely, Jongin counted) Sehun had been way too excited and energetic, much to his friends amusement. Jongin had to admit that Sehun’s boyfriend was actually a real person and he promised to apologize to and thank Lay.

“How can I stay put! EXO-M is literally in the same building as I am and I get to see them after the concert!” And he goes bouncing again. Jongin tries to look like he’s not embarrassed by his friend but his increase in pace tells otherwise.

“I’m excited too, okay? Just,” they finally reach the VIP seating area, “let’s sit down, okay?”

Not a day went by where Sehun did not thank Lay for giving him the opportunity of his life time. The older man had been very pleased to know that his gift was so well received and Sehun had promised to take as many photos and videos his camera and phone allowed. Lay only laughed and said that he’s fine as long as Sehun enjoys himself.

The concert begins and both Sehun and Jongin lose themselves in the hype of the event with screaming fans sounding even louder than the songs and the band only couple feet away from them. Sehun makes sure that he gets a perfect shot of every member and tries his best to document any affectionate moments they share. Jongin ends up helping his friend by using the camera while Sehun’s busy with his phone.

The performances soon comes to an end and after an eventful encore the members bow with gratitude and thank each and everyone that had come to see them. Once the stars exit the stage the fans also begin trickling out of the stadium that is not brightly lit. However, Jongin and Sehun stay back with the VIP group and they are soon taken back to the backstage where the crew and staff members are going crazy over cleaning up.

Sehun finds himself in a waiting room with fifty or so other fans who are all decked out in EXO-M gear and all ready for their photos and autographs. Jongin gives Sehun a comforting pat on the back because Sehun is now getting slightly nervous at the idea of seeing the members.

“I’m sorry but we are looking for Oh Sehun and Kim Jongin?” A lady announces once she walks into the waiting room and the said two men look at each other before raising their hands. “Please follow me this way.” The same lady smiles at the two and takes them through another set of doors at the back of the room.

Sehun can feel eyes on him and he really hopes he’s not in trouble. Why was he and Jongin being called away?

His concerns are soon answered when they go through one last door and into a room where very familiar faces are looking back at them. It takes a moment for Sehun to comprehend that EXO-M is right there, all seemingly pleased to see him.

“Are you Sehun?” Yifan asks and Sehun slightly shrinks away because man was he intimidating. However, without forgetting his manners, Sehun nods his head and tries to look like he’s not scared.

“Wow. You’re hot!” Luhan exclaims from the side and both Jongin and Sehun flinch.

“Um,” Jongin’s here to save the day! “It’s really nice to see you all, Sehun here is like one of your biggest fans.”

“Hello.” Is all Sehun can say at the moment.

The room goes quiet again; however, none of the members look at all put off by it, in fact, they all look rather amused. If only Jongin and Sehun could share the feeling. Sehun flinches again when his phone, that he didn’t silence, loudly notifies that he got a text. He curses it for it’s bad timing and tries to ignore it but Tao steps in.

“Shouldn’t you get that?”

“It’s okay, I’m sure it’s not important.” Sehun apologetically smiles at Tao but the man’s face turn more serious.

“Shouldn’t you still get that?”

Okay… Sehun takes out his phone and sees that it’s a text from Lay.

Lay: I got you another surprise… please don’t hate me for it…

Sehun sighs and shakes his head with a smile.

Sehun: I would never hate you, hyung. Also,  I think I’m in the middle of your second surprise…

“Who’s that?” Chen asks pointing at the phone from across the room, still sitting on the makeup chair. Sehun feels awkward sharing personal information with them but it’s not like it matters.

“My boyfriend. Actually, he was the one that got me these tickets. I’m also guessing he asked for a private meet-and-greet of sorts?” He tries to laugh but no one seems to be doing the same so he stops.

“Well, it was pleasure meeting you Sehun,” Xiumin says and he begins walking towards the door behind the couple, “however, I think we have a room full of fans waiting for us. Shall we?” He directs his question towards the rest of the members who all nod in agreement and begin following the oldest member.

“Jongin, right?” Luhan asks as he passes by the boy, Jongin nods, “come out with us too.” And without an affirmation from Jongin, Luhan pulls the man out of the room.

Sehun is slightly confused and takes a moment to realize that everyone had left them. Except, not everyone had left. He turns around to see Yixing in all his beautiful form standing in the middle of the room with a his angel like smile directed only towards Sehun. He has to clear his throat couple of times to calm himself.

“Yixing-shi,” Sehun bows, “you were amazing and I’m just blown that I get to see you like this.” A blush spreads through both of their faces.

“You said that your boyfriend got you the tickets?” Yixing asks. Sehun quickly nods his head.

“He’s amazing! I mean, I never met him, nor really seen his face, but I guarantee that he’s an angel just like you. Ever since I began talking to him, he has become the biggest part of my life. Well, you guys come next I suppose…” he looks down bashfully. Yixing’s gentle laugh has Sehun looking back up and he is left staring for a bit because man was this man beautiful.

“You must really like him.”

Sehun nods again.

“I love him.”

Sehun is slightly surprised when Yixing’s gaze drops down to an object in his slim fingers and Sehun realizes that Yixing is using his phone and wonders if he should excuse himself and go find his friend. The thought is soon interrupted when his phone rings.

Lay: I love you too... It’s really nice to finally meet you, Sehuna~

The younger man’s eyes stay on the words much longer than Yixing would have considered normal time and the star begins to worry. Had he spoke wrongly? Maybe it really wasn’t the time for such a revelation.

“La... Lay-hyung?” Sehun’s eyes finally look back onto the older man. “Lay-hyung?” His tone comes out more sure the second time and Yixing has a hard time reading his face.

Before Yixing could answer Sehun’s question, he watches with confusion and slight panic when Sehun abruptly turns around and walks out of the room with a loud bang of the door. The star stands in the middle of the room. Alone and hurt. It takes Yixing a while to realize that he’s not breathing and with each harsh breath his heart hurts even more with oxygen than without.

Vibrate.

Yixing’s hand turns to show the screen of his phone.

Sehun: Hyung, can I ask you question?

Yixing quickly types.

Lay: Of course.

Sehun: Did you really read all of the things I've written about you?

A laughter bubbles from inside and the star finally calms his racing mind. Now that he thought about it, he too would be embarrassed to have met the person he wrote about.

Lay: Every last bit of it!

Yixing was proud of it too.

Sehun: Man, do you think I'm creepy now? A ert?

Lay: If you’re creepy for writing then what am I for reading?

Sehun: I don't know. A creep like me?

Lay: Well, I guess we are perfect for each other then!

A smile has taken over Yixing’s face and he excitedly waits for Sehun to reply. Unfortunately, nothing comes for the longest time, in Yixing's opinion.

Sehun: I always wanted a real hug from you....

That's all it takes for Yixing to bolt towards the door that's separating his Sehun from him and he almost breaks the poor thing when he flings it open. The loud sound of the door hitting the wall causes Sehun’s body to flinch and Yixing’s eyes are looking down at the younger man, crouched down in the middle of the hall, his head resting on his bony knees with his hands clutching onto the phone. Yixing would have never imagined for a boy the size of Sehun to look so small and compact but the eyes looking up at him erase any unnecessary thoughts and he leaps onto the surprised boy.

Sehun is quick to extend his arms so to catch his hyung right into his embrace and he can’t contain his emotions. It feels so right to have the man so close to him and their bodies mold perfectly into one another with so much ease.

“This is definitely better than your air hugs, hyung.” Sehun manages to say before running his face over his hyung’s crown. The man smells so nice.

“I’m so glad you didn’t run away.”

“Yeah, me too.”

They remain seated on the ground securely in each other’s arms. Luckily, no one goes by the hallway and thus they are left to their own, to enjoy the privacy and the intimacy.

“Is this real, hyung? Am I really hugging Yixing? Are you really the man whom I’ve been talking to for the past year and a half? Did you really agree to date me?” The questions continue on and Yixing only nods his head in agreement with each question and he loves placing his head on Sehun’s chest where he can so clearly hear the younger’s heart beat.

“Does this mean I have to stop writing about you?”

Yixing starts laughing and Sehun joins him. It’s hard not to.

“How about you start writing stories about me falling in love with a simple man, who’s too adorable for his own good and way hotter that anyone would have expected. Maybe he has a lisp of a sort,” Sehun makes a face and Yixing runs his hand over the features, “and a perfect face that I can’t believe I haven’t seen till now. How’s that sound for a story?”

Sehun grunts at the idea but leans into the touch.

“My other readers would be so disappointed. I think that character you speak of is not that interesting. But if you insist, I’m more than happy to write stories only for you, hyung.”

Yixing hums an agreement and further buries his body into Sehun’s.

“Wait,” Sehun decides to break their comfortable silence again, “what happens now?”

“Shhh, I don’t want to think right now. Just hug me.”

-----

“No, I think that blue one would fit him better. You take the pink, it matches your hair more.”

“I don’t want to wear the pink one!” Sehun throws the scarf at Baekhyun’s face.

“You asked for my help! That’s what I’m trying to do here! Stop being a wuss and just accept the fact that Lay-hyung looks better in blue while you rock the pink!” The scarf is thrown right back at the annoyed blonde boy along with other heavier items.

“Can’t they just both get blue scarves?” Jongin asks from the sideline, sounding very bored and very ready to be done.

Sehun had hoped that his friends would be more of a help than annoyance when he asked for their help in picking out an anniversary gift. Yixing, like always, had surprised Sehun with a trip to Spain this time for their anniversary and Sehun was quickly running out of gift ideas. Even after dating for three years buying gifts never got easy.

“I still think, no, erase that. I know that hyung looks good in pink!”

“Well then you both wear pink! There, done! Can we go now? I’m really hungry...” Jongin uses his pout to make his point but the other two males are too busy still arguing. Jongin only sighs in defeat.

Hubby: Sehunnie... do you remember telling me that your parents wanted to buy those suitcases from Antonio Beato? (A/N: I totally made this name up) What color did you say they wanted?

My <3: Hyung! Stop wasting money.

Hubby: I’m not wasting money! I’m meeting you parents after our trip and I must come bearing gifts!!!! You don’t understand my dilemma here... I stole their baby from them...   

My <3: 1. I’m not a baby 2. You didn’t steal me 3. They just want to see you, you are technically the gift in this case...

Hubby: 1. You will always be my baby 2. I totally did steal your heart with my amazing charms 3. I’m not satisfied with being the gift!

Sehun sighs and picks up the pink and blue scarves and begins walking towards the cashier.

“Hyung is definitely getting pink now.”

-----

Two men walk through the comfortably busy Plaza Mayor with the square filled with golden lights from every corner of the area and stars shining down from above. The night air is just perfect after the afternoon heat and Sehun tries his very best to enjoy his ice cream rather than inhaling the cold treat.

“Where should we go to next?” Yixing asks as he does his best not to stare at the younger’s mouth that is very busy with an ice cream cone.

“Can’t we just walk around? Let’s starts on that end and walk to there,” he animately points to the corners of the plaza, “and whenever we see something yummy, we eat it!”

“Sehunna~ we just ate like,” Yixing checks the time, “and hour ago. Are you really still hungry?”

“That was a very late lunch. I’m still looking forward to eating a nice dinner.”

Yixing only smiles fondly at the other man and maybe he was looking for too long because Sehun notices his stare and begins to stare right back at him. Sehun’s pink tongue pokes out from the side of his soft lips and oh so slowly swipes across to the other end. Fortunately for Yixing, Sehun doesn’t like to tease, that much. The taller man leans down so effortlessly, with great practice, and finds his lover’s lips ready for his taking. Yixing’s smile grows larger into the kiss and he pushes back but only ends up giggling when Sehun pushes down even more.    

“I don’t want to let you go. Do you have to go back to being famous?”

Yixing leans up to plant his own kiss on the pouting mouth.

“Hey now, you’re as busy as me too! If I remember correctly, last year you were the one who kept ditching me over your projects!”

Sehun’s long arms automatically come around his hyung and he buries his face into the older man’s hair.

“You said you wouldn’t bring that up again,” he tightens his hold, “I really am sorry about that.”

Yixing, on the other hand, is enjoying the affection and laughs at Sehun’s desperate tone.

“I’m just kidding. I know you couldn’t help it. Your education comes before anything else. I’m glad you spent all that time completing your work and graduating on time.”

Truth be told, Sehun’s last year as an architect student was the busiest and hardest year ever. It did not help whenever Yixing randomly dropped by Sehun and Jongin’s apartment only to end up sleeping on Sehun’s lap while the other finished up his blueprints. Fortunately for them both, upon graduation, Sehun got a job offer from a company that had branches in China and, ever since dating Yixing, Sehun’s Mandarin skills had greatly improved and he had the beautiful opportunity to now travel back and forth between China and Korea as often as Yixing did.

“Oh, is that what I think it is?” Yixing break their sweet moment to look over Sehun’s larger body at a small booth filled with paintings. Sehun doesn’t stop the man from dragging them over to a particularly large painting of a sunset over a large lake right next to a nice Venice like village. “I think this is just perfect!”

“Are you talking about my work room?” Sehun asks as he inspects the piece more carefully.

“Yup, I still think it looks pretty empty on the wall that doesn’t have your giant bookshelf.”

“Hyung,” Sehun sighs, “I thought we agreed to finish the living room and the kitchen before moving onto the rest of the apartment. Remember? One thing at a time?” He raises his eyebrows.

Yixing is the one that pouts this time.

“I know, I know, but you have to admit this is perfect. I goes so well with your furniture!”

The younger man ponders over it for a second before circling his arms around Yixing’s hips and pulling the man towards his chest.

“I suppose getting this won’t technically kill us. But they better have a delivery system or something or else I’m not about to carry this to our hotel.”

Yixing’s eyes turn into small crescents with so much fondness in them.

“I love you, you know that?”

Sehun returns the look right back.

“You better, because I know all the naughty things you do in my stories.”

The smaller man laughs and rolls his eyes.

“But the real me is so much better.”

Neither of them know who did it first, but their lips find each other’s in yet another tender kiss.

“So much better than fiction.”  

 


Done!

Wow... that was maybe way too sweet... what do you guys think? Maybe I should do angst sometime soon or else my dental bill is going to be through the roof!

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed it and please parden my horrible grammer and spelling errors... I can't edit to save my life.

Thank you for reading, subscribing, commenting, and upvoting!!!