Chapter 10

Falling In Love With The Tutor

Yifan was scrolling through his phone. Should he send the kid some text regarding his decision of letting the aunt to take care of Vernon? Everytime he want to send a message to the kid he always hold back his intention. He still remember what Vernon told him. He shouldn’t be like this! He was already a grown up person! Why does he need to play along in this situation? Alright, maybe it is time to send the boy some messages. He really miss him. He want to tease that guy and chuckle along watching his behaviours. He want to touch that pretty face of him. Just about he want to open his messenger, there is a hand holding his arm.

“Hi Kris! I am so sorry for late. Did I keep you waiting?” Yifan turn his back and face the owner of the voice. Joshua. Yes ever since that night when he receive the message from his ex-lover, it seems like the guy want to work things out and forget the past. But Still Yifan couldn’t forget things easily. Joshua asked him to hang out today to talk some things and how he feel sorry of what he did.

Yifan is not kind of guy who hold a grudge on someone. So he accept the invitation and here they are at some kind of a park just across the town. He look at his ex. He still has that same kind of smile and how his eyes wrinkle whenever his lip curve upward. Yifan has already move on. When he look at Joshua. He doesn’t feel anything like he feel back then when they were a lovers. The feeling of excitement are no longer there. He lost his feelings on him. His heart now belong to someone who doesn’t know whether he will like him back or not.

“Hello~Is Kris Wu still on earth?” Joshua waves his hand in front of Yifan face.

“Yeah. I am just thinking of so many things lately,” Yifan scratch the back of his neck. “Well maybe I am just hungry for something?” He then touch his tummy.

“You are hungry? Well I know this shop which sells delicious ice cream. I could buy some before we go and search for something heavy, alright?” Joshua clap his hand in excitement.

“Well, you don’t have to-” His line got cut by Joshua.

“No! That’s ok. This is the only way for me to repay back those things I did back then-and I know it wasn’t enough..” Yifan somehow felt guilty looking at that sad expression Joshua made. He then let out a sigh, just slow enough for only him to hear.

“Alright then. But if you don’t have any money, you don’t have to. I am ok with it.” Joshua’s face light up after hearing the words.

“Sure! Just give me a couple of minutes.” With that, he went and disappeared through the corner of the road.

Yifan let out a sigh again. He then lean himself at the tree while continue on what he is doing earlier. Oh yes, sending a message to Vernon. He is thinking what should he sent;

“Hey, I am sorry for not telling you earlier. But from now on you Aunt will take care of you and I am also sorry that I did the decision without telling you first as I was kind of hurry. Take care.” Yifan stare at the message. He then shook his head. He couldn’t send this kind of message . It look to formal and serious. He then delete back the message. How about sounding more friendly.

“Hiya! I hope your life with your Aunt will be more happening starting this days! See you on next lesson! :D” He stare again at the message. He left out a frustrating sigh. How can he send this kind of message? It looks pathetic. He just stare at the sky while thinking of some better choice of words.

Vernon who just walking by the street, stop immediately when he saw Yifan. Is that him? Or maybe because he was missing him a lot making him imagine things. He blinks a few times but the guy was still there. Once in a while looking at the phone.Somehow, he feel like he is angry at the tutor leaving him just like that without telling him anything. So he braced himself and walk to his tutor.

“Hey, you!” He shout, well not too loud but enough to startle Yifan from his deep thinking.

Yifan was kind of shock when he met the boy that make him missing like crazy. He still couldn’t believe it was Vernon. The guy then walk straight until he is right in front of Yifan. He need to look up a little bit because god, this guy is a giant.

“Vernon? What are you doing here-Oh wait I forgot that I need to mind my own business.” Yifan felt like slapping his own mouth for slipping that words out. He want to get along with the kid but he just make things worse.

“Yes. Good thing you know that,” Vernon really miss the old days when they will always argue like this. Lately, although the house was lots more merrier with songs that his aunt always play it on the radio, he still couldn’t lie to himself that he miss on how the room was actually full of their argument. He is somehow sad hearing that his tutor reply to him as he want to end the conversation quickly. “Now, tell me-”

“Kris! Here I got us some delicious sweet-” There Vernon met Joshua who is holding two cup of ice cream. Why does this Joshua guy is here? Together with the tutor? Not only that, calling he by his English name with a cute voice??? Woah. This is nuts! 

Joshua and Vernon look at each other.

“Ooh, it is going to be reallyyyy awkward here.” Yifan told himself inside.

“Hi Vernon! Fancy seeing you here. What are you doing here?” Joshua greet Vernon with his smile.

“Well I was just walking around..” He rub the back oh his neck. Wasn’t sure what is it that he need to tells.

“Oh! By the way! Remember last time when I told you I want to focus on my study?” Vernon then nod himself awkwardly trying to remember things. “Well… I basically got myself a private tutor! Here he is! His name is Kris.” Joshua point his finger to Yifan. “ That’s why I got really busy lately because I got myself study hard for the final year exam. Two sessions, at evening and night.”

Vernon couldn’t help himself to widen his eyes as he change his glances at Joshua and Yifan. Yifan just look at his phone, playing cool because this is waaay to awkward. Wait-wait-wait, there are so many things that need to digest in one moment. Now he know why is that guy was rarely at home. IHe went to Joshua’s. Why did he lied to him saying that he got business to do? He could just tells him the truth that he is having two session in one time. One more thing for sure, how can Joshua easily calls him Kris?

“Yeah, I know him, Mr Wu. He is also my tutor.” Vernon glance to the road. Don’t feel like looking at both of them.

“Oh my! He is? What a small word. By the way, we already know each other for a very long time. I met him when I was in California. So calling him by his English name has become a habit to me. You must feel happy, right?” Vernon face Joshua, not understanding.

“I am sorry?” 

“Well,” Joshua spare a glance to Yifan first and smile. “Because you once told me that, you will be more than happy if someone else is having their lesson with your tutor because you couldn’t stand him being in your house 24 hours, remember? Now you got it.” 

Yes, he did told him that and know he felt really guilty. He didn’t dare to look at Yifan’s face. He felt embarrassed. Does Joshua need to mention that things now? Such a bad time.Yifan on the other hand was also felt disappointed with the words.

“Well then, we got to go now, see you later Vernon.” He then walk forward.

“W-wait! I need to talk with um, my tutor for a little bit.” Joshua then turn his back to Vernon and look at Yifan. “I don’t know Vernon, because we are kind of hurry at the moment, so-” 

“Just a little bit, I promised.” Vernon cut Joshua’s words and pull Yifan to the back.

“After all this time I believe that you actually got a business going on,” Vernon than show his smug smile and let out a teasing tone. “Now I know how important that business is. You actually cancel the lesson and why do you have to lied to me? You could just told me everything. Plus, deciding the decision by your own? Really?” Vernon crossed his arm eyes strongly bore a hole into Yifan.

“I am sorry. Yes I did all that. But. That is what you want right? To be free from having a stranger in your home.I did. Because I don’t want you to hate me more so I gave you what you want.” Yifan shot his answer straight to Vernon’s heart.

“Kris! Hurry up or the ice cream will melt!” Joshua calls his from the back.

Yifan turn his back and about to walk away when Vernon caught him with his word.

“I thought you said I was important.” Vernon wasn’t sure why he let out those words.

Yifan face him and reply,

“I did. But you told me I weren’t,” Yifan then pat Vernon’s head and rub to it gently. “I am just a tutor. Meet you again later or sooner, okay?” Yifan then walk away and quicken his pace to catch up Joshua. Both of them never turn back after that.

Vernon felt like his heart is broken into pieces. He felt like crying but the tear won’t fall. He feel like something stuck at his chest but it wouldn’t come out from his throat. Why does he is feeling all this? When can he meet him again after this? 

They said, you will only be missing them when they already gone; is true.

“Don’t-don’t go,” He whispered while staring at their behind that are almost disappeared in the crowd. Then he realise what are the meaning of all these unexplained feelings that lingering in his heart. “I like you.”

*
Yifan went home after he send Joshua back to his house. The memory of this evening keeps lingering through his mind. He still couldn’t believe that he met Vernon but he ended it pretty well he think? It was quite a shock when Vernon asked him back whether he is important or not, He thought that guy has already forgot about it. He was tired. He really craving for his bed now. 

*
Vernon haven’t come home yet. Still take a stroll at the city. His mind is full of things and it was really a huge mess. Just know he realise that he is actually has fall in liking to that guy. He must be crazy for feeling that way but he is. He want to talk with the tutor for one more time but at the same time he is mad at him for lying to him. It feels like he left him for Joshua. 

He really need someone to tell everything. He want to let everything out. He already call S.coups earlier and they agree to meet up later. That night seems like to follow his heart at the moment. Cold with a slight of breeze. He blow some air while cupping his hand together. He then move himself from leaning to the wall of one of the building there.

As he got up and walk himself to the Club that he promise to S.coups to meet, he bump with a few guys.

“I am sorry-” Vernon then realise that this one guy who stood at the middle is familiar to him but he couldn’t recall where and when.

“Hey kiddo, don’t you miss me?” Vernon who is puzzle with the question stood silent there. “After your friend, the blonde guy beat the hell out of me, you think you could just running away?Well you are wrong.”

Then Vernon remember the night when he sneak out and drown in dizziness. That day when his tutor help him from got beaten.

“I am really sorry for what happen in the past-” His line got cut when that guy gave an orders to his gang to bring Vernon to somewhere else. He tried to escape but he is not strong enough. The gang was stronger than him. He then faint with a punch.

*
S.coups has been calling Vernon for many times already but he didn’t pick it up. Aish, this kid. Maybe his phone switch off or run out of battery? Who knows. He arrived to the Club and as soon he enters the door, two of his friends quickly rush to him, dragging him outside.

“Oh my god, S.coups! Where have you been?” Wonwoo asked him as if he just running the whole town. S.coups could sense the out-of-breath-voice from his friend.

“What? I just arrived. I am meeting Vernon here,” S.coups snatch his coat after being pulled by his friend.

“Why are you late?” Wonwoo asked him with worry voice. S.coups could feel something is wrong going on.

“Why? What’s the problem?” Now it was S.coups who grab Wonwoo’s coat.

“We saw that gang took him somewhere else after punching him. We trace them,they are a block away from here.” Mingyu told the real thing after what they saw earlier.

“WHAT? Why?? I mean, I know that Vernon wasn’t that guy who like to have a fight,” His brows drew together and he bit his lower lip feel worried.

“It wasn’t him. I knew that new guy-Joshua has something to do with it. Last time I saw him put something like a drug in Vernon’s drink. When I search for Vernon he is already gone.” Mingyu told him. S.coups turn his face to Mingyu.

“Last time?” He tried to remember things in the past, “God, that’s when Mr Wu asked for the Club’s location and claim that Vernon was drunk.. I knew it he wasn’t drinking last time!Come! Show me where Vernon is!” S.coups quickly dash outside of the entrance. But Wonwoo and Mingyu look like they were hesitate to go along.

“What?” S.coups mad at them.

Finally Mingyu open his mouth. “There were too many of them and looks like strong enough to kill all of us.” That kind of answer, really made S.coups trembling. He need to do something. Yes! He need to call Mr Wu. Only that man could settle this.

He took out his cell phone, and struggling to find that man number. After he found it, he quickly calls him. 

He called him for so many times already but Mr Wu is not picking up. What should he do now? Who else could he depends on. He took a moment to think. He need to be fast because who know what might happen to his friend at the moment. Then suddenly it strike him that he still has Mr Oh to help. He remember that they both friend

He called Mr Oh and with only one call, his teacher already pick up. He tell everything to Mr Oh from how Vernon is missing to Mr Wu didn’t pick up any of his calls. He receive a little bit of nag from his teacher, because they need to just stay at home. Mr Oh was quick to get panic too. He was shock and let out a gasp when he know on what’s going on. They ended their call and now it is up to Mr Oh to asked the man.

*

Yifan’s sleep is being interrupt with the loud honks at the outside. He groans. He just want a sleep. Is it that hard? He then rub his eyes and ruffle his hair and check his phone on what time is it now. He widen his eyes as there were so many miss calls from that S.coups guy and his friend, Sehun. Why are they calling him? Are there something urgent going on? Then suddenly his phone is ringing and it is from Sehun. He quickly pick up the call.

“WHAT’S TAKING YOU SO LONG YOU BLONDE OLD MAN!” Sehun shout from the other line. His voice feel like frustrate of his friend not picking up. Yifan take his phone further from his ear. What is wrong with this guy? Does he really need to shout? Ok, maybe it was his fault for missing so many calls from him.

“Hey, chill, alright? I was sleep. Anyway, what’s going on?” Yifan rub his temple. He need to know what is it that going on.

Sehun told him everything that S.coups told him. Yifan quickly get up from his bed.

“WHAT? God, where are they now?” Yifan sounds worried as he walking back and forth.

“I was already in front of your house with the car for like few minutes ago. Come down now and I will take you there.” Sehun ended their conversation. Yifan then grab his coat that is laying on the ground and running downstairs.Yifan did check his message and gasped. He couldn’t believe on what he just read. The message came from S.coups;

From: S.coups guy
Subject:
Body:It was that new guy. He was up for something. Remember 
last time when Vernon return from the Club look as he was
drunk and you accused him drinking? Well he really didn’t drink
alcohol that night. People saw that new guy
put something on his drink making him dizzy. If I 
didn’t mistaken, that guy with his orange hair, Joshua.

Yifan still couldn’t believe on what he read. Why does Joshua did that? What is it that he need from Vernon? Yifan now feel guilty because he accused Vernon was drinking that night. That boy did deny his word. He keep insist that he wasn’t drinking. Yifan didn’t believe him. That kid was telling the truth. He rub his face again.

*
Vernon couldn’t feel his body much. It feels sting everywhere. He could feel his face is numb and it hurt. He could taste the taste of the blood inside his mouth and his tummy hurt as the pain from the punch earlier. He barely could open his eyes. He feel weak. Who know how many time has his body accept the torture from other when he lost his concious.

“Hey kid! Wake up!” He could feel a kick landed on his thigh.

“What the hell do you want from me?” Vernon voice out with his painful lip. He spit some blood to the ground.

“Nothing.” Here come Joshua walking in front of the gang crossed his arm while giving him a smug smile. Vernon rounded his eyes. What the heck is happening? Why is Joshua here? Is he also involve in this? Joshua than lower his body to match with Vernon who is laying leaning on the wall.

“I just couldn’t stand looking at someone else who got things that I couldn’t.” He then gently touch Vernon’s face. “Who knows that going back to Korea could be this painful? I am more than happy to meet him again until I know that he already has someone else. Such a pathetic guy of all that.” Joshua than stand back.

Vernon still don’t understand what is going on.

“If I can’t have him, then no one else can.” He then orders the gang to finish him up. Just they about  to walk closer to Vernon, a shout approaching them.

“What the are you guys thinking you are doing?” 

All of then turn their back to look at the source of the voice. There stood Yifan. S.coups and Sehun come slightly after that. They all freeze, not knowing what to do next. 

Yifan widen his eyes as he saw Vernon who is lying with the bruises and blood all over his mouth. He dash through the crowd and reach Vernon. He couldn’t said anything. Shock with what happen in front of him. His eyes then turn dark and full of anger. 

“You guys, I am going to make sure that all of you rotten in jail.”Yifan shout with full of anger and punch the hell out of the big guy who is about to attack him.Some of them already running away but got stuck with Sehun and S.coups who are already take place at the back. Who know that they also got skills in fighting.

“It wasn’t our fault! We just follow the orders from that guy!” One of them surrenders as he shout while pointing at Joshua. Joshua who is in panic mood just stand there. Doesn’t know what else could he do to escape.

“Why are you doing this? How could you change like this?” Yifan asked his ex-lover while carrying Vernon like a bride style.

“You don’t understand!”

“Then tell me!” Yifan rise his voice. He really is out of control right now. Anger are all over his body.

“Back then when I was with my new lover. He abused me. He hurt me and I got no one else to cry and then I know that you left America and went to China.” Joshua clenched his fist.

“Then I know that you already has someone else. Why him? Why that kid? He is nothing like your taste! He-He”

“You are the one who cheat on me.” Yifan look at him in the eyes.

“He is not suit to be your boyfriend! You deserve someone else! I am sorry for what have I done. I want us to be the way as we used to be."

“Listen, Joshua, I-”

“No. You should break up with him!”

“No! Stop it! Listen to me! God,” Yifan let out a heavy sigh, “ For god’s sake! Vernon is my fiance!”

Joshua gasped and his eyes widen.

“He-what??”

S.coups who just finish his street fighter moves gasped loudly at them.

“Vernon-what??? My best friend, he-WHATTT????”

*


Hello guys, so here it is. A little bit of angst here :p . I decided to Make Joshua as a bad guy here. Woops! Anyway, if i want to make Sehun and S.coups as a pair, then who will be the top and who will be the bottom? This confuse me at the moment lol. By the way Yoonhye from Rainbow do look like S.coups ha ha. Anyway write your comment below about this stories. :D