1/1

Late (On Time For You)

“Gonna be late. Gonna be late. Gonna be late.“ A man ran down the hall of his apartment building, frantically trying to button up his, now wrinkled, shirt while heading towards the elevator like a mad man. All the while muttering the three words under his breath as if it were some kind of a mantra.

In all honesty, anyone even glancing at the man could see that he was late to something even without needing to hear the words.

The man was tall but currently slouching in an attempt to get the buttons through their proper holes, while simultaneously looking up every few seconds as to not run into a wall or something. Both of which were unsuccessfully done seeing as almost all the buttons were all over the place, with only one where it’s supposed to be, and the red spot that was slowly but surely starting to show on his forehead from missing his own apartment door only moments ago.

Other then the forehead and the shirt, the man also had his shoes on wrong, each on the opposite foot, the pants were thankfully zipped up, but his pitch black hair was a complete mess, looking like a birds nest more than anything.

It’s safe to say that yes, the man was very much late for something.

Finally getting to the elevator, and almost running into its closed doors, the tall man thanked his lucky stars when he didn’t have to wait more than two seconds for said doors to slide open. As opposed to the two minutes he usually ends up waiting.

However, it seems his lucky stars left him only a moment later because that was when his phone rang, making him groan while trying to fish said device out of the clustered messenger bag that was almost falling off of his shoulder.

Finally grabbing what he needed, the man didn’t even need to check who it was before answering the call. “Yes. Sorry. On my way.” The deep voice boomed a little bit too loud in the otherwise empty elevator, making the man wince while leaning onto one of the surrounding metal walls and trying to catch his breath.

“Again Chanyeol?” The scolding tone of the others voice wasn’t helping with the situation at all. “How did you manage to over sleep again?”

“Just shut up and cover for me.” Chanyeol replied, not feeling like getting scolded right now. Especially by someone younger than him.

“I didn’t get that. Do I shut up or do I cover for you?” The man could practically see the other smirking and it made him want to snap him like a twig.

“Sehun, I swear to God!” Chanyeol basically growled into the phone, already running again because the elevator finally stopped and the doors were sliding open.

However he didn’t get far before hitting something and crashing onto the floor.

“.” Chanyeol groaned, feeling pain shoot through his leg when he rolled to the side, getting away from whatever it was that he hit.

While trying to see just how hard his knee hit the ground though, the man caught another groan that wasn’t his. Actually it was coming from the thing that he just crashed into.

Looking to the side all Chanyeol could do was curse again, because that thing was not a thing but a person.

A shorter then Chanyeol, blond, pale person, who looked very much out of it at the moment.

he must have hit his head; Chanyeol thought with concern, taking in the tightly closed eyelids and lips of the other as he kept lying on his back.

“Chanyeol! Chanyeol are you okay?” Sehun’s voice still coming out of the phone that was now somewhere on the floor made said man snap out of it. He has no time for this. He’s late!

Ignoring the pain the taller of the two got back onto his feet, turning towards the one still on the floor once he did. “. I’m sorry. Very very sorry.” Chanyeol apologized, while getting a hold of the other man’s arms and pulling him up like he’s nothing but a ragdoll.

The sudden movement got the other man to open his eyes in shock, staring at Chanyeol with wide ones once he did.

Chanyeol didn’t have the time to notice though, already searching for his phone instead. Cutting off Sehun’s still ongoing call without a word and pushing it into the others hands in his heist. “I’m very sorry. Call someone with this if you feel really bad. Need to go now. Bye.”

And with that the black haired man was running again. Throwing one last ‘sorry again’ over his shoulder before disappearing out of the front door.

Leaving a very confused man behind. Holding onto a phone that’s not his, and not understanding anything of what just happened.

 

 

“You gave him your phone?”

“Yes.” Chanyeol answered miserably.

“You gave your phone to a complete stranger?” Sehun repeated, not really believing his friend would actually do that.

“Yes, now will you drop it?” The question wasn’t one that he knew will get a positive response.

And he was right.

“You’re an idiot.”

“I knooow.” The taller of the two moaned into his folded arms. “I was in a hurry and he looked hurt so I just-”

“Gave him your phone.” Sehun finished the sentence for him.

Having a sudden thought the other’s head snapped up, so that he was looking at Sehun again before speaking in a hopeful voice. “Well I’d like to look at it more like ‘borrowed’ rather than ‘gave’.”

“Mhm.” Sehun hummed, eyeing the man before him. “And how will you find him again?”

There was a moment of silence before Chanyeol’s head once again hit his arms. “I’m an idiot.”

“Glad we agree on something.” Sehun replied, sipping his drink coolly while watching the other moan in despair.

 

The following hours that Chanyeol was supposed to spend working and actually earning his pay so he can buy himself a new phone, he instead ended up spending whining over the one he so thoughtlessly gave away in his haste to get to work.

And he really liked that phone; as he has said numerous times throughout the day.

It came to the point that Sehun just couldn’t take it anymore and sent him home, saying that he would rather do double work then listen to him whine for even a minute more.

And that is how the tall man was found walking to his apartment, in a very sullen mood that is a complete opposite from his usual one, thinking about all the money he will have to spend on a new phone instead of on the guitar he has been saving for for month. Months!

He wanted to kick himself for being such an idiot.

 

Chanyeol didn’t pay one bit of attention to his surroundings, too occupied with scolding himself, and so didn’t notice when he entered his apartment building that someone is sitting on the floor, next to the elevator. Seemingly waiting.

However, he did notice the other once his hand was tugged; making Chanyeol almost jump out of his skin from the sudden and unexpected contact.

He looked at the other on confusion before the similar blond hair and shorter body made his eyes widen. It’s the phone guy!

The taller was just about to start talking, excided that maybe he won’t have to buy a new phone after all, but was cut off by the other getting up and showing said phone to his chest rather angrily.

Chanyeol caught the phone before it could fall to the ground but was now left staring at the man as he made some very weird and rapid hand gestures before huffing and storming off.

What…just happened?

He was left alone, staring at the front door in confusion. Was that sign language?

 

Sehun found his friend staring at a phone and laughing the next morning, instead of working like he is supposed to be.

The sight made him roll his eyes before noticing exactly what phone the other had.

“Didn’t you give that away?”

“He gave it back.” Chanyeol answered, looking at him with a grin. One of those creepy, eye twitching grins of his that Sehun will never get used to.

“And that’s funny?”

“No. But this is.” The taller of the two turned his phone so Sehun can see. Which only left him even more confused.

“Sign language is funny?”

“Read what is says.”Chanyeol insisted, grin still present.

“Dumb?”

“Exactly.” He took his phone back. “The guy gave me my phone, signed that I am a dumb stupid idiot, that he’s late, and something else I couldn’t exactly remember correctly enough to find the meaning of. And walked away.”

Sehun has decided that Chanyeol lost his mind because he looked way too thrilled and excided over being called a dumb.

“I’m thinking of learning sign language so I don’t have to search the meanings next time I see him.”

“You want there to be a next time?”

“He’s cute.” Chanyeol’s grin turned a little bit softer and Sehun has safely concluded that the other has definitely lost his mind.

 

As it turns out Sehun has a friend who knows sign language, and Tao was more than happy to help Chanyeol out.

Sehun of course continued rolling his eyes and calling him crazy for going to such extremes over a guy he things is cute and may or may not see again. Not to mention the fact that the older doesn’t even know anything about the guy other then the fact that he probably hates him, considering all the things he called him last time.

Still, Chanyeol didn’t let his friend bring him down and continued meeting Tao three times a week for lessons.

 

Chanyeol yawned, stretching as he made his way towards the elevator, still half asleep but determent not to be late this time; knowing that he will probably fall asleep on the subway like last time though.

The elevator door opened, leaving the tall man grinning because he could clearly recognize the pale skin and blond hair anywhere. The other must have recognized him too because his eyes widened.

It only made Chanyeol grin wider as he stepped in, signing a ‘hi’ once he did.

The other man’s eyes almost bulged out at seeing it.

‘You can sigh?’ His hands were shaking slightly and Chanyeol couldn’t stop a chuckle.

So he didn’t want me to know what he said last time. Interesting.

‘I can now.’ Before the blond had time to reply in any way Chanyeol continued. ‘Want to go on a date with me?’

‘What?’ the other was obviously caught by surprise, hands still shaking and eyes still wide.

‘You’re cute. You called me a dumb. And I really want to go on a date with you. So what do you say?’

The blond was once again left speechless.

 

Chanyeol was late for work again that day, but he couldn’t care less about the fact nor the scolding from Sehun because he has a date tonight with a man named Baekhyun (a name he only remembered asking for on his way out).

 

Baekhyun, Chanyeol has leaned over the next few weeks, is deaf since birth, gets annoyed when someone or something makes him late, has a tendency to talk out loud while signing when he’s excited about something (and even though his voice is rough and comes out a bit strained the taller still finds it breathtaking), he is also older then Chanyeol by a few months and is as loud as he is.

The last fact makes Chanyeol smile and Sehun groan, not believing how the older has managed to even find such a person; someone who can be as loud and obnoxious as him.

Chanyeol also found out things about himself he never knew before. How he can just sit with Baekhyun for hours and never get bored, laugh and smile all day because it makes the other smile.

How he can fall in love in just a few days because Baekhyun is too perfect to be real.

Not that he is the only one.

Sehun says that they’re just equal idiots.

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun laid in bed, slowly drifting to sleep and humming in content as warm fingers drew random shapes on his .

I love you.

The words being written against his skin, made the man smile, feeling that fluttering feeling in his chest he has every time Chanyeol sighs the words.

He never knew someone can be his happy. That this kind of happiness is even possible.

Yet here he is, lying in a bed he now shares with the other, feeling happier than he ever did before.

Baekhyun knew that he doesn’t need to reply for Chanyeol to know that he loves him too, so he just left himself drift off, feeling a kiss being pressed against his back.

Chanyeol thought that if he doesn’t go to sleep soon he won’t be able to get up in time for work tomorrow, but he pushed the thought away and continued writing and drawing on his loves back.

Sometimes being late is good anyway. It’s what got him Baekhyun in the first place.

And he can’t even imagine his life without the other anymore.

No life can be good without Baekhyun.

Sehun calls him an idiot.

And he might as well be.

A love sick idiot that is.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

----------------------------------

I'm sorry... I know this kinda . Very sorry *bows*. But thanks for reading and please do comment below.