001

Her Darkest Secret

 

      "Miss Park, it's 6 in the morning. You have school today." Their main housekeeper, who was also known as Mrs Lee shook her up. "I'm up, you can go now." Haneul ruffled her hair as she sat up on her bed. 

 

      Mrs Lee bowed as she made her way out of Haneul's room, closing the door behind her. "This , it feels as if there were no holidays to begin with." She groaned and got out of bed to prepare for school. 

 

      At the ground floor of the mansion, Haneul's parents were enjoying their breakfast and talking about usual stuffs. "Mrs Lee, can you remind Haneul's driver to get ready so she can leave anytime and I'll be driving today so I don't need a driver." Mr Park said. 

 

      Mrs Lee nodded and immediately followed his instructions.

 

      Haneul came down on time as expected with her hair in a pony tail and her bag slung over her shoulders. She joined her parents for breakfast. She even joined in their conversation, which a typical teen would prefer not to. 

 

      Unlike any typical families where they have the children on their phones and the parents talking among themselves, Haneul's relationship with her parents was different. She could share about almost anything and her parent's would always be her listening ears. 

 

      Her parents also doted on her since she was their only child. They gave her anything she wanted and at all times, made sure she was alright and doing fine with school. They too, don't pressure her like other parents who made sure their kids were top in class. 

 

      Additionally, Haneul has always maintained a friendly relationship with their housekeepers and drivers.

 

      "I'll get going, Mr Park wouldn't want me late." Haneul joked as she kissed her parents on their cheeks. "Have fun and take care!" Mrs Park smiled as she watched her daughter leave the house. 

 

      "Mr Kim~ You're early today." Haneul wiggled her brows. Mr Kim chuckled as he opened the door for her before making his way to the driver's seat. "Do you need me to pick you up from school today?" Mr Kim asked as he glanced at the rear mirror. 

 

      "Please do from now own, I'm too tired to take the public transport. I'll text you once I'm done with school." Haneul said. 

 

      In no time, Haneul arrived at her school, Sevit High. The campus was modern and huge, you would most likely get lost on your first month in school. The students hurried away as her driver drove towards the school's car park.

 

      "Thank you, see you later!" Haneul beamed as she got out of the car. 

 

      Haneul ignored the stares and gossips as part of her normal school routine and made her way to her class. Halfway through the route, Jaebum caught up with her and slung his arms over her shoulders.

 

      "Long time no see!" Jaebum grinned. "Oh please, I just saw you yesterday. In fact.. I see you everyday." Haneul rolled her eyes. "That's probably 24 or 48 or 72 hours ago. Which is still long." Jaebum pouted. 

 

      "Alright whatever." She shrugged. 

 

      They talked about everything that have happened over the past 24 hours. Apparently, Haneul didn't know so much could have happened over 24 hours.

 

      Dropping the serious topics, Jaebum jokingly head locked his friend.

 

      "Yah Im Jaebum!" Haneul tapped his arm vigorously. "Aren't you the cutest." Jaebum chuckled as he released her from his grip, earning a glare from her while they entered their class. 

 

      Soon, their homeroom teacher came in and addressed some matters before handing out their results from last semester. 

 

      "Topping the class once again is Park Haneul." The teacher announced while her classmates applaud. "Keep it up." He smiled as he handed her results slip. 

 

      "Coming in second is Im Jaebum. The rest, please come out once I call your name. It will not entirely be in sequence." He continued. 

 

      Of course, everyone would be comparing their results with their peers. Haneul merely glanced through her classroom from her seat at the back, disliking the commotion which was made just because of the results.

 

*****

 

      After school, Haneul and Jaebum made their way to BaekHo. An elite club comprised of the top 5 students in the school. 

 

      Though everyone doubted Haneul's results all along because her parent's are the main sponsors of the school and the Principal along with her staffs would listen to her parents requests, Haneul was smart and hardworking. 

 

      'I'll be done by 5.30pm.' - Haneul texted her driver before she set aside her phone.

 

      Since school had just reopened, Haneul wasn't needed at the HQ. That was actually the one place she'd rather be at than school, studying to maintain her grades. 

 

      But as her father always says, "You must not only be quick witted but knowledgeable as well.". Because of the constant reminders, it served as a motivation for Haneul to study hard. 

 


 

A/N: First chapter is finally out! Some terms would be familiar to some because of the show Sassy gogo :D Anyway, do Comment // Subscribe!