Grocery Shopping

My Fat Me, Myself and L

 

"Alright, let's go then. Sunggyu-sshi, we'll leave Soojung and the house to you then," you courteously smiled, in which Sunggyu returned with a tight-lipped one. "Okay, we'll see you later then, Sunggyu-hyung." L even gave his hyung a wink which was all too obvious.

"Er… Yeah…" Sunggyu shuffled uncomfortably. "Hurry home, I mean it," Soojung said, giving you a glare as well. You raised your brow and gave her a 'Hmph' pout. "I'll see. Bye~" You skipped out the door with L following close behind, leaving the house and the two people in it residing in an awkward situation.

"So…" Sunggyu started off, trying to break the silence. "Wanna do something while they're gone?"

 

********************

 

The car ride was slightly less awkward with the radio running as background noise. L would occasionally steal glances at you and smile to himself, but you have no idea, having looking out the window the whole time.

*It's nice being alone with her… But I just can't help but feel like there's an invisible barrier between her and I… I guess I'll just have to use this holiday to try and strip that guard back down.*

 

"Alright, we're here," L sang, trying to lighten the mood up a little, but your eyes were already locked on to the supermarket. *Wah! Food!* A wide smile spread across your face and you rushed into the store without even waiting for L. "~~~~-ah!" L heaved a helpless sigh and ran after you.

The automatic doors opened just in time for you to be let in. Then, immediately spotting the trolleys, you made a dash again. "~~~~-ah! Wait up!" L had to use his 100m dash skills to catch up to you. "Hold up, ~~~~-ah. We're here together, remember? Together." He seemed to emphasise the word 'Together', which made your heart waver a bit.

*Oh… right… I'm not here by myself… I usually go food shopping by myself… I guess old habits die hard.* "Right… Sorry," you bit your lip and gave him an apologetic look. But L couldn't bare to see you sad and he forgave you right away. Giving you a dazzling smile, he rested his hand on top of your head and lowered himself till his face was close to yours. Your lips parted and tried to formed the first sound of the word you were going to say, but you found yourself speechless. L gave you another heart-warming smile and took the trolley from your hands, pushing it in front of him. "Come on, slow poke!" L called, chuckling.

 

Walking along the aisles, L was looking at the foods stacked on the shelves, thinking to himself what kind of brands and foods you would buy. While he was amusing himself, you were left slightly awkward, trying to hide yourself from judging eyes who swept from L to you. Girls were giggling about L, however, when their eyes looked towards your, they would sneer and you could feel the spikes from their words piercing your heart.

*Why did I ever think that coming grocery shopping with L would ever be a normal thing…* You sighed and  your shoulders slumped. L picked up a pasta sauce and turned to ask for your opinion when he saw your fidgety behaviour.  "What's wrong?"

"Huh? What? Um… No, nothing." Your eyes quickly stole a glance towards the girls that were still gossiping and gave L one of your smiles that hid your true feelings. But L's eyes were fast and caught you looking in the direction of the girls and smirked.

"Oh, really now, darling?" L gave the most seductive wink and hooked his arm around your neck, pulling your in close. Your eyes widened and you caught your breath. L opened his mouth and pretended to bite you. "You're wonderful and a special girl. Don't ever forget that, 'kay?" You just nodded hastily. But when you thought that that was where L's kindness and attentiveness would end, L took you by the hand and pushed the trolley one handed, swinging the arm that held your hand, it seemed like he was announcing to the world that you were his girlfriend.

And to be honest, you didn't hate it either. In fact… you enjoyed it. Even if it was just a little.

After going through aisles and aisles of food, the trolley filled up quickly with all kinds of delicious foods, sauces and snacks, and L was gentlemanly enough to pay for it all.

"Um… I just wanted to say… Thanks. For saying those things to me earlier. They, um, really cheered me up. Thanks," you said a tight-lipped smile. "It's no problem, really…" L replied. Being alone and away from the SooGyu couple that were staying inside, L thought that it was the perfect timing to explain to you the whole misunderstanding.

"Um… ~~~~? Listen, there's been something that I've wanted to tell you for a long time now…" L started. "Hm?" You turned around, looking straight into his eyes.

"Oh, well. You know that-" Beep Beep. *Of course… her phone just has to go off now…*

"Oh, sorry," you sheepishly grinned and checked your phone. It was a message from Soojung.

You coming back or not? Hurry up! Me and Sunggyu are hungry… :( - Soojungie

You smiled at the message and shoved your phone into L's face. "Look! Soojung mentioned Sunggyu in her text! Maybe she likes him now! Like she used to…" Mumbling towards the end, you quickly replied to Soojung's message and dragged L by the arm. "Come on, oppa! We should hurry home and see how they're progressing!" You gave L a mischievous wink and ran towards the car with your shopping bags. But L was in a daze. *Did I hear it right? She just called me 'Oppa'… I haven't heard her call me that in so long…* L found himself unconsciously smiling and just let you drag him to wherever it was. After all, as long as you were there, he was happy just to be there with you.

------------------

It's a shorter update compared to my other ones… But at least I updated slightly earlier? :D