Soojung

My Fat Me, Myself and L

 

You spent the night crying in bed. You called Soojung, who picked up during her lunch break. "Oh! ~~~~-ah? You never-"

"SOOJUNG-AH!!" You wailed. "MYUNGSOO ONLY DATED ME BECAUSE IT WAS A DARE!!" You didn't care how stupid, or how coarse your voice was from crying. You just needed to get it out of your system.

"~~~~-ah… W-what's wrong? Why are you crying? Tell me properly! I can't hear you screaming over the phone!" Soojung raised her voice. She felt frustrated and her cheeks started to burn up. *Please let ~~~~ be okay.* Soojung didn't care that her American friends and peers were looking at her weirdly because she was speaking loudly in Korean. She only wanted to know what was up with you and how to fix it.

"Soo-Soojung-ah… M-Myungsoo only d-dated me be-because it was a d-dare…" You calmed yourself down and repeated your sentence as clearly as you can through your hiccups.

"WHAT!? WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY HE DID!? OH MY GOD, I AM FLYING BACK TO KOREA RIGHT NOW AND BEAT HIM UP SO BADLY, HE'LL NEVER EVEN QUALIFY AS A NORMAL LOOKING PERSON. AGAIN!" Soojung was cracking her knuckles against her waist, scaring her American friends. And her furious glare wasn't helping.

But Soojung's extreme threat put a smile on your face. And the more you thought about it, the more realistic your imaginations became. So realistic, that you finally laughed out loud for the first time since you came home.

"Huh?" Soojung, however, was confused as to why you were laughing. *D-Did I say something funny?* Soojung backtracked the conversation and shook her head. *No… I don't think I said anything funny.* Then, Soojung gasped. *Don't tell me she's gone crazy from the shock!?*

"~~~~-AH! LISTEN TO ME! WHATEVER YOU DO, YOU HAVE TO KEEP YOUR SANITY! YOU CAN'T GO INSANE! WHAT AM I GOING TO DO WHEN I GO BACK TO KOREA AND MY DAYS ARE SPENT IN THE MENTAL HOSPITAL TRYING TO GET YOU TO STOP LAUGHING!? ~~~~-AH!!!"

Soojung's crazy claim only made you laugh harder. But the harder you laughed, the more worried and agitated Soojung was over the line.

When the laughter finally died down and you could finally catch your breath, you told Soojung to stop worrying. "Soojung-ah, I'm fine. You were so funny! You always manage to make me laugh, even when I'm in the pits. I love you. Why can't you be a guy! Then you would be my boyfriend!" It felt like it's been so long since you've cracked a joke.

Soojung's worries were lifted in a matter of seconds, and she laughed with you. "Dude! You scared me so much! I thought you were going coo-coo. I'm glad you're okay…"

Just as Soojung was about to get more in depth about what you had know about Myungsoo and your "relationship", the bell rang for the end of lunch.

"…" Soojung slightly cursed in English. "Hmm?" You didn't hear the bell or Soojung's cursing. "Huh? Oh, nothing. Hey, so, tell me about how you knew about Myungsoo dating you as a dare."

Just when everyone was swarming into class with their bags, Soojung was going the opposite way.

Amy, one of Soojung's friends in America noticed this and called after her. "Oi! Soojung! Where're you going?"

With her bag slung over one shoulder, Soojung didn't even bother turning around to answer her. She just waved her arm in the air and continued to stroll casually through the gates, all the while keeping the conversation flowing and not break contact with you.

When Soojung arrived home at her two storey house, she shuffled her shoes off and went upstairs to her room. Just when she walked past her father's room to get to hers, an idea flashed by her mind. Since her father would be home too late for Soojung to be awake, she would leave him a note on his table.

"~~~~-ah. Just wait a moment. I've got to write a memo for my dad," Soojung said. Soojung pressed her mobile against her ear with her shoulder and got a pen, biting off the lid and in a hurry, wrote: "Appa, I'm going back to Korea. Book me a flight for next Sunday at 10am, please. If you don't book it for me, I'll book myself some dodgy discount flight. If you don't want your daughter to risk being on dodgy planes, do me this favour.

-Love you, Soojung."

"Alright done." Soojung grabbed her mobile again and used her hands to hold onto it this time. "Yeah, keep talking."

A much needed heart-to-heart went on through the night for you, and all through the next day. You didn't care about the phone bills, your parents will understand.

*I wish Soojung was here… I need someone to hug… Someone other than Myungsoo…* Little did you know, that in a week's time, your wish will come true, and your best friend will be by your side again, ready to kick .

-----------------------

:)

I seem to be making people cry here and there >< I'm so sorry! Especially for the people who's reading 'From Naughty to Nice' as well…

I'm so sorry I've made you cry! T^T Don't cry ><