Chapter 2 - Uplifting

Sound Check

Woohyun was still walking around the HyunStar Ent. after his "intense" first encounter with the revealed PD-nim, and wondering where to head over after being troubled by his long-time "rival" again. He really didn't expect that the PD would be Myungsoo. He didn't see a sign that the other male would get that job, because Myungsoo was a guitarist back then. He thought he should have asked why the CEO didn't mention the name.

 

Either way though, he would have to work under Myungsoo, since he's the assistant, but heck, he really felt like throwing stuff at the moment. He's going to have to try keeping up with whatever his "Boss" is sneakily planning, if that's the word.

 

Well, he did become a troublemaker to Kim Myungsoo, but the latter was also quite a sharp person to deal with, so that just fired them all up.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

~Flashback ---- two years ago, at Baek High, school hallway…~

 

18-year-old Woohyun recently finished practice with his bandmates for the upcoming face-off of the bands contest, in which the schoolgirls are quite excited about it, though Myungsoo’s band was the most mentioned and popular.

 

Speaking of Myungsoo, while Woohyun was walking along the hallway with his notebook of music pieces and notes, his “rival” appeared in front of him swiftly. Actually, their other companions don’t fight each other, and rather, they see their band leaders trying to top off each other.

 

Myungsoo immediately pulled the notebook off the other male’s hold, much to the latter’s shock and glares.

“Can you at least give me back my notebook?” Woohyun spoke as if he was asking properly, but it was sarcastic and sharp, and he even got more annoyed when Myungsoo was just flipping the pages casually.

“Replace my guitar strings first, and also, admit that my band is better. You think I’m gonna let you off with what you do huh?” Myungsoo chuckled, then teased the other by the notebook.

“Yeah right, it’s your fault for being careless with your guitar and all. Besides, you started meddling first, so I was just returning the favor.” Woohyun narrowed his eyes and was about to shove Myungsoo when the taller male grabbed his wrist to stop it.

“Nice try. I said replace it. The sound is worse now because you snuck to our practice room and disturbed. No notebooks and musical stuff for you then. Don’t test me Woohyun.” Myungsoo then returned the glare also.

 

And that’s where they drove themselves crazy thinking of ways to strangle each other in their minds.

 

One month later, the day before their graduation…..

Woohyun decided to try out something fishy. His annoyance meter is definitely quite high that Myungsoo was always the one able to meddle and successfully give him the tougher times. It’s either his notes were stolen, or Myungsoo got to mess around with Woohyun’s microphone and sound system during practice. The moment that Myungsoo’s band won over his didn’t help him keep silent.

He went to school very early, where he immediately searched for the room where Myungsoo practices, as he remembered that a lot of things were settled there… And there’s almost no one at the school at the moment yet, since it’s 6:30 in the morning.

 

Counterattack start.

 

On the same day, after class…

Myungsoo was speechless when he was gonna practice with his bandmates. It was a travesty. As he went into their room, the floor had some spray paint, and some of the instruments are left on the floor, with tangled wires and messy stuff. He already knew who did it, and he surely won’t forget this “graduation gift”.

He was all frowns at that time, and Woohyun was peeking though the glass door to see what happened. For a moment, Woohyun was deep in thought since maybe he took things a little too far especially that Myungsoo has never done such things to him at a very high degree yet. He actually felt a bit bad, but he remembered their rivalry and Myungsoo’s daily “Annoy Woohyun” routine, he thought that could probably teach the other a lesson.

“Hope you don’t mess with me again~” Woohyun mumbled and chuckled, walking towards home.

“If I see you again Woohyun, you have to watch out… I’ll get back at you so bad.” Myungsoo gritted his teeth after speaking, pretty much annoyed. He will definitely find Nam Woohyun soon again to retaliate, and his will for that is pretty high. He didn’t want things to end like that.

~Flashback end~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Woohyun just leaned back on a glass wall, not knowing what to do and where to go. He thought that maybe he should go to Sunggyu’s office now, though he’s not sure if class is ongoing. He suddenly remembered that he had to get his schedule from his oh-so-sweet Myungsoo. Woohyun frowned deeply thinking about that.

A hip-hop style music took his attention though, and it appears that someone is dancing near his position. He turned around to look through the glass, then he saw a male figure with his black practice shirt, cap, and semi-fit jeans in great sync with the music’s beat.

 

Woohyun found himself watching the other male in awe, impressed. He thought that the one he’s watching is so passionate with dancing that he could also feel it. Even the waves are fluid. With the precise and stellar dancing, even the facial expressions were spot on, and that added to the male’s attractiveness in his opinion. It made him blush slightly getting into thoughts of attraction when he should be talking about other things. He could be a really great fanboy of this dancer.

 

He didn’t realize that the male figure could notice him and was looking at him through the latter half of the song. He didn’t know that it was finished, and he just remembered when the male was in front of him already, outside the dancing room.

 

He got shocked for sure, and immediately, he bowed to the other. Besides, he shouldn’t turn away and probably, he might have to start a conversation since things might get awkward.

 

The male figure was looking with a plain, neutral expression, to which Woohyun was a bit taken aback. “Why have you been watching me dance? Something wrong with it?” For a moment, it sounded like a cold question, though the male figure seemed to naturally have that tone.

 

Woohyun just looked down briefly, then tried not to look nervous, bringing on his happy expression. “W-well… No, actually, I, I am big fan of your dancing….! It was really great and… uh… you know, you should smile more often, because… it will make you look better and more handsome!” Woohyun was actually shaky speaking those words, but he didn’t want to give a bad response. He knew it was a bit cringe-worthy, but he pointed to the male figure’s lips. “Smile please…” He chuckled, though it was a bit of a nervous chuckle.

 

The male figure eventually followed, and had his lips curved into a slight smile, then he put his hands on his pockets. He’s been looking carefully and closely at Woohyun though, as he wore his neutral expression again. “What’s your name…? I’m Lee Howon, or Hoya.”

 

Woohyun was a bit surprised at the response. He didn’t expect the male figure to immediately proceed to introductions, but as he looked through it, he thought that the male figure wasn’t angry or disturbed. “Well… Nam Woohyun, nice to meet you.” He smiled.

“Nice meeting you too. I actually saw your audition, and I thought you sang really well. Great job.” Hoya gave a thumbs up, a short smile visible.

“Thanks, though your dancing is much much greater!” Woohyun replied, with a more comfortable tone.

 

“Nah… Maybe we could see each other more often then?” Hoya hummed softly.

“Maybe, and I’ll watch you more often, Hoya-ssi.” He chuckled softly, then he heard someone’s voice. Myungsoo’s voice. Then Woohyun snorted at what he heard.

 

“Um, excuse me, I think I have to bring Woohyun with me for now… Sorry.” Myungsoo, who stood beside Woohyun, grabbed the latter’s hand, smiling and quickly pulling Woohyun out.

 

Woohyun shouted as he was being dragged. “I’ll see you!”

 

Hoya then looked at the scene, and he was having that small smile still. His friend and dancemate, Momo, suddenly approached and patted his shoulder.

“Well… Is it just me, or Nam Woohyun made you smile more than I imagined? You’re having a crush, aren’t you?” Momo teasingly spoke, chuckling and nudging Hoya’s side, where the latter twitched.

“Hey hey, cut it out, what are you saying?” Hoya replied coldly, but he couldn’t help but laugh softly and brighten up. Maybe he has more reasons to reduce the coldness and be a “happier” person.

“Someone is playing innocent. Let’s practice and make the choreo already.” Momo laughed and the CD player for them to start dancing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Myungsoo was finished bringing Woohyun (forcing him) to the PD room with him, then the latter sighed heavily in frustration.

 

“Damn it, you could seriously calm down. My hand is so hurt from you.” Woohyun rolled his eyes.

 

Myungsoo stuck out his tongue slightly and smiled cheekily, massaging Woohyun’s hand. “Oh really…? Then how about I make it feel better?”

“Just stop.” Woohyun hit Myungsoo’s arm a bit hard, to which the taller male glared, making Woohyun actually flinch a bit.

“Here’s your schedule, and pretty much you should work with me for like at least three hours. You already have songs to be produced and you gotta do them. Also, maybe expect another “pin” to you when you disobey me.” Myungsoo smirked slightly.

Woohyun stomped his feet and was pretty much overwhelmed. “Yah! You are way too strict and all. What’s wrong with you? Might as well do the pin prank to you too.”

“Oh yeah? No worries. If you do that, I can immediately call the CEO about your not-so-nice doings, then maybe you might lose your job so…” Myungsoo spoke nonchalantly, holding his cellphone up.

Woohyun then gasped softly. He didn’t want to lose his job, and he loves music. He will have to keep working with Myungsoo though, and follow him all the time this time. “No! Don’t! Fine. Just don’t do anything weird and bad. I’m gonna work already okay?” He grumpily sat on the vacant chair and started testing on the background track for the musical piece he’s given. His vocal teaching is still on the next day, so he’s pretty much with Myungsoo for almost the whole day now.

Myungsoo also sat, then leaned closer, having a serious expression. “Also, I want to tell you that I don’t allow my assistants to date.”

Woohyun furrowed his eyebrows, not expecting that there’s even rules on the dating department. He narrowed his eyes and let out a heavy exhale. “Why do you even have that rule?”

 

“Yeah right, I told you since you were about to date Hoya there. I saw that.” Myungsoo smirked as usual, then frowned.

“Why would you be bothering about me dating though?” Woohyun just sighed. “I’m not dating him, just that… we got to meet each other there.”

“You don’t have to know. Just as I tell you, you’re not allowed to date.” Myungsoo firmly spoke. “Say yes or you’ll get a punishment.”

Woohyun just mumbled the “yes”, rolling his eyes in frustration and continuing with his work, since he doesn’t have a choice.

Myungsoo actually relaxed through the work period, all smiles and watched Woohyun here and there, with some disturbances to the latter as usual.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Three hours later…

 

Woohyun already approached and gave Sunggyu the news after the “tense” work, in which Myungsoo actually let him free, and they went out to have a ramen meal (can be a celebration meal for Woohyun) before preparing their offices for tomorrow with the things.

 

“All done. You ready for tomorrow Woohyun-ssi? You’re gonna do a demo and all of us teachers will watch.” Sunggyu smiled softly, standing up from his chair and gesturing to come.

 

“Not sure.” Woohyun was referring to the “PD” work, but then, he smiled brightly. “But of course I am! I’m really excited to teach tomorrow, and I hope I do well. It’s a bit pressuring.”

Sunggyu patted his back and chuckled. “Don’t worry, just enjoy. Besides, it’s what you love doing so you will do well on it for sure.”

“Thanks Sunggyu-hyung….” Woohyun smiled lightly, then suddenly as they were about to take the escalator downwards, he saw a familiar figure running and carrying a panna cotta, being chased by the staff.

“Woohyun!!! Look, help me start a taste test here! My panna cotta! How was your audition?” Woohyun looked down to see that it was Sungyeol’s shout that took most attention, and Woohyun just facepalmed with Sunggyu, coming over immediately and helping his very close friend nevertheless.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At the dorm, before sleeping…

 

Woohyun received a text message from his mom that he had been waiting.

 

“Woohyun, take care alright? Also, I’m so proud of you, congratulations on getting to HyunStar!”

 

He read the text carefully, and he chuckled softly at how his mom is still worrying really much though he is already 20 years old and independent. He replied immediately.

“Of course mom, don’t worry about it. Thanks Mom ^^ Also, how are things going there?”
 

Woohyun then smiled, laying down and placing his cellphone at the side table before closing his eyes comfortably to sleep, although having to get ready very much for tomorrow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here's the Chapter 2 update~ ^^ I hope you like it :) What are your thoughts? XD Thank you very much for the support, subscribers, reading, and upvotes, and stuff! XD How will Woohyun's first day of teaching turn out? ^^ Gonna work on the next chapter/update now, thank you again and I'll do my best ~ ^^ Hwaiting!