Differently But Awkwardly

The Former Casanova
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"It's been a while since I've gone on this." Chanyeol said as he took a seat across from her.

The ferris-wheel was one of her favorite rides. It was peaceful, quiet and it gave her the warmness that was just perfect for a winter night. Just like Chanyeol, it was the first time for her riding one in years. Although the winter carnival came every year and she would normally come with Minyoung, Hyerin didn't even have the bravery to even look at it. It was the place where Chanyeol said his goodbyes, and she had already promised to herself to leave everything about them behind. But here they are now, back to where they left off and back to the place where she got her heart shattered into pieces.

She let out a small breathy laugh, "Same."

No words were spoken after that. Hyerin was too engulfed in her past memories while Chanyeol was drowning at the realization of his own fault. They both had their gazes looking out of the window while their cab slowly moved upwards. The snow was falling faintly in the moonlight while some where tapping lightly against the windowpane. It was not long until Chanyeol broke the silence in to which his voice brought goose-bumps rising all over her body.

"Hyerin," he softly said.

She turned her gaze to her front and saw the man looking intensely into her eyes but in a rather softer way. Chanyeol brought his gaze down as he bit his botton lip before bringing them up again to meet her big, brown curious eyes.

He closed his eyes and heaved a big breath trying his hardest not to feel the pounding of his heart because Chanyeol did not want to mess up for the second time. The words that were waiting to come out finally slipped out of his lips, "I'm sorry. Hyerin, please forgive all those times I hurt you back then. I shouldn't have left you like that. You deserved better but I was blinded by my own selfishness to realize it."

"Oppa, there's nothing for me to forgive." Her voice was soft and her gaze was tender. Chanyeol couldn't lie to himself upon how much he missed the way she would look at him. Tonight was similar, but he knew that similar can never be the same.

From the small gap between their knees, Hyerin leaned forward and took his big, strong hands into her soft and small ones. "You don't have to feel sorry because you didn't do anything wrong. You knew at that time you did what you thought was right and that's enough to convince me to know that it was for the best. I mean look at you now, you're going to be the new owner of Samsung in a matter of weeks and I know you're proud of yourself for reaching such a big goal in your life. I'm proud of you and I want you to do what you love the most."

"But Hyerin--"

"I loved you, but we have to accept it as our past. You and me, we have our own futures to worry about now." She didn't plan to blurt out all those words so quickly, but she also couldn't deny the feeling of relief inside her heart.

"It still hurts me whenever I see you."

"Don't--"

"But it does!" Hyerin slowly pulled back after Chanyeol's sudden raise of voice.

"Sorry."

She smiled softly, "It's fine."

"I don't want to steal you away from Luhan, but I still have feelings for you. Please help me find a way to let go of you. I don't want to hurt my own brother."

Nostalgia was ringing in her ears, but the kind of pain was different. If back then it was caused by the feeling of losing someone, now it was because of being confused with herself. After hearing those words, Hyerin was unsure whether she should feel relief that everything was going how she wanted it to go or if she should feel hurt. "Luhan doesn't even like me."

"He will, okay? He will. Only someone crazy wouldn't be able to fall in love with you after spending days and days together. So please Hyerin, at least for me. I want to see my own brother and my best friend happy together."

Even if the words "best friend" hit her hard like a rock, Hyerin nodded while the fake, strong smile was hanging at the tip of her lips.

 

 

***

 

 

"Where have you been?" Hyerin flinced at Luhan's harsh tone.

When she came back at around 10pm, she was scared that if she made any noise she would wake up a possibly sleeping Luhan making him yell at her for being so loud. But when she softly closed the front door behind her, she wasn't aware that Luhan was standing there the whole time. His eyebrows were furrowed, his arms were crossed in front of his chest clearly stating how angry he was, but she somehow managed to catch a glimpse of concern hidden behind his red eyes.

"I was.. I was out with a friend."

"Who?" he questioned, taking another step forwards that led on to him towering over her. Luhan may not be that tall if being compared with other guys but with Hyerin's short height, he was doing an awfully great job at intimidating her.

She felt like she was shrinking by the second and her voice was getting stuck in . "Y-you're not the boss of me, Luhan."

"Well, I'm older than you so yeah, I am." Hyerin's eyebrows narrowed at Luhan's response. He inhaled deeply as he took a step back before looking back at her in the eyes. "Look Hyerin, I was practically shoved into a house with a chic who I cant even touch, I feel like I'm living my life in a cage after I found out about my parents sending out huge men to tail on me whenever I go out, and I was forced to keep an eye and take care of you--"

"And you're doing a splendid job with that." Hyerin said sarcastically.

"Shut up, I'm not done. My friends are busy doing their own important things while I'm stuck here in front of the TV being useless like always and my parents literally payed like every night club out there in Seoul just so I can't get in. And do you know how frustrating it is? Well of course, you obviously don't."

"And your point is? What do you even want me to do?" Hyerin's voice was slightly higher than before, and she couldn't believe that she actually had the guts to talk back at Luhan.

"Go out with me tomorrow."

Hyerin's body froze as Luhan walked away with the sentence hanging in mid-air. She had no time to answer seeing how Luhan retreated even faster than lightning, but even if he did stay, she wasn't even sure if there'll be an answer for him to wait for.

The words were still echoing in her ear when she took slow and steady steps towards the stairs. Hyerin did not see that coming at all. One minute Luhan was filled with anger, almost yelling at her in process, but the next minute everything about him softened. From his gaze to his voice, and the way he ran off to hide his shy blush that she caught glimpse of.

Hyerin couldn't help but let the tugging at the corner of your lips form a thin smile.

Back in the other room, Luhan felt like he was having a heart attack. After running inside his bedroom and closing the door with a loud thud, he pretty much threw himself on the bed, face first on the pillows. He kept gripping on the sheets for dear life to save him from the feeling of embarrassment. Luhan was new to this cringe-worthy side of him. He didn't know what's gotten into him but he was sure that he wanted to take her out for real and he wanted her to enjoy the day unlike the last time they went out together.

That night, he did everything to get him

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter