"You what?"

Irreplaceable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“He’ll be fine; I just gave him a shot.” Yifan smiled at his sister, slinging his hand over her shoulders. The doctor managed to assure her that everything would be fine. “Just remember to give him his meds on time, it’s really just because of the bad weather conditions.”

Seohun sighed in relief and gave the doctor a grateful beam. She didn’t know how to thank him more, which was weird because Seon wasn’t even in danger.

“Thank you doctor.” Yifan bowed with Seon sleeping soundly in his arms, an action to which Seohun mimicked afterwards.

They left the room soon after, but Seohun was still staring at her phone. Yifan halted in his, hand reaching out for his sister’s forearm. “Seo, is something wrong?”

Seohun snapped out of her reverie and turned to her brother, “Huh?”

The former sighed exasperatedly, jerking his chin to the direction of her phone. “You’ve been staring at it for so long, what’s wrong?”

The brunette gave a short ‘oh’ sound and stuffed her phone back into her bag. She shook her head in an attempt to drop his question, grinning latterly. Yifan turned to his nephew and adjusted his position, his orbs rolling back to meet his sister’s.

“You can’t lie to me.”

Seohun huffed, shoulders sagging and eyes wavering. There really was no point in lying; Yifan will realise sooner or later.

“It’s Kai; he’s not answering my calls.”

 

~”~

 

“He’s really not going to come miss, please don’t do this.”

Krystal scrunched up her nose and folded her arms, like a stubborn child would when he doesn’t get what he wants. “I don’t care. I’m going to wait here, and you-” she paused to read Kai’s PA's name tag, “Park Chanyeol, can continue to do your own work.”

Chanyeol’s jaw dropped. He has no idea how this – child – even managed to get pass security on the first level. Was she even allowed to come all the way up?

“No no, you can’t be here.” Chanyeol kept shaking his head, he was about to pull the former by the arm when she gasped loudly in a half-scream tone.

“You dare to touch me? I’ll report you!”

“What? No! You’re the one who’s-”

The soft ‘ding!’ of the lift interrupted their small argument, making them both turn to the elevator door that gradually opened; revealing two well-suited men. Chanyeol’s orbs doubled their size when his bosses walked out of the opened doors. His heart palpitated when their expressions were dull and unamused.

“Chanyeol, who’s this?”

The secretary was about to answer when Kai beat him to it.

“It’s Krystal.” Answering his brother’s question.

Without prompting further, Taemin hummed in response and brushed pass the two of them and into his shared office.

Chanyeol was confused as to why the older co-CEO wasn’t being his cheerful self. Usually he’d be the one being more mirthful than the younger.

“Kai!”

Pulling her hand away from the secretary, Krystal rushed up to Kai with a blinding beam. “I was waiting for you, until that big bully wanted to throw me out.” She puckered her lips, pointed to a terrified Chanyeol, who shook his head and kept denying.

Kai however, had his eyes fixed on his phone without acknowledging either of the two. His lips were set into a frown at what he saw on his screen;

 

Hunnie!
Missed Calls (17)

 

Krystal managed to get a glimpse of the older’s phone, remembering that his wife dashed out earlier. He was about to call his wife back when Taemin emerged from the office.

“Kai,” the blond called out with a black file in his hands. “Take this.”

Shoving his phone into his pocket, Kai asked a quick ‘what’s this for’ consequently as he took the file from him. Without receiving an answer, the latter flipped through the papers; names after names and number after numbers were filled on every page.

“They’re the names of our shareholders, some of whom invests more than others.” Taemin informed, ing his hands into his pockets. “You might need to meet up with them, discreetly.”

Kai brou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter