END

Our Blood
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*here we go (ノ ≧∀≦)ノ weeeee~~~~~*
 

 


 
Siwon and his pack chased Jaejoong into the center of the Glades.  The vamp had escaped by car, but instead of going back into the city, the guy had headed down the long, winding roads that led deeper into the growing darkness.  When the road ended, they found his car.  Lights on.  Door open.
Siwon stared out at the night.  The insects had stopped chirping when the wolves approached.  They knew when danger stalked.  He inhaled, catching all the scents.  Those that belonged, those that didn’t.  Blood.  Brimstone.  .
“Your vamp’s gonna be real pissed at you once he gets out of that cage,”  Donghae warned him.
Tell me something I don’t know.  But better KyuKyu staying alive and pissed than dead and burned to ash.  Siwon caught the whisper of sound in the air.  His head tilted back as he stared at the rising moon.  He could see the shapes before the blood moon appear.  So many.  Too many.  Outnumbered.  The demons were coming.
“Shift!”  He order cause they’d have to change quickly.  “Take their heads—take out as many of them as you can.”  Then Siwon leapt forward.  The demons were coming because they were close to the doorway.  that.  Siwon was slamming that door.  Jaejoong had run right back to this hole, and now Siwon would kill him and stop the demons once and for all.
Endgame.
He shoved through the brush as the howls behind him filled the night.
***
Kyuhyun had seen the doorway, the great gaping hole in the middle of the blackened earth.  Jaejoong had opened the door to hell—opened it on vampire land, and he hadn’t even realized it.
The vampires spread out quickly when they arrived at the battle.  The snarls and growls of the wolves blended with the vicious cries of the demons.  Blood bathed the ground.  It's turely war time.
“Don’t get any of their blood in you,”  Kyuhyun warned, still vividly tasting ash.  “And make sure you cover the wolves.”  Because the dead were already on the ground, and he didn’t want to lose anyone else.  Demons flew from the air at him.  “Go!”  he shouted to the vampires.
Kyuhyun lifted his gun.  The vamps had taken the time to load up before they’d gone hunting. He aimed.  Fired.  The closest demon hit the ground.  A wolf jumped on him and bit into his neck.  More shots fired.  The vamps knew what to do.  Take the demons down.  Make them weak.  Let the wolves finish the kill.  He fired as he ran through the heaving bodies.  No sense calling for Siwon.  Kyuhyun didn’t see him there.  Didn’t see Jaejoong either.
That sunken twist in his gut told him where he’d find them both.  Deeper, deeper into the dark he went.  The vampire enhanced vision allowed him to see easily as he leapt over fallen trees and darted into the thick brush.  The crackle and hiss of fire reached his ears.  So close.  The grass disappeared.  The ground hardened beneath his feet.  Then he saw the broken skeletons. The remains of the sacrifices.  So many.  Far more than he’d ever imagined.  Hundreds of skulls and spines.  Broken bones tossed aside like garbage.  Kyuhyun stared at the stark white graveyard as rage filled him.
Jaejoong, damn you!
Kyuhyun leapt over the bones.  There—there!  A sunken, sloping entrance on the ground.  Dark smoke trickled from the thick hole and…he could hear the faintest echo of screams emanating from within the pit.  It chills him to the core at the sound.
“You always did let emotion rule you,”  came Jaejoong's calm voice from the darkness.
Kyuhyun spun around, and took a few quick steps away from the pit.  “You.did.this.”
The other shrugged.
“They’ve been attacking us, Jaejoong!  Killing us!  You were the Council leader, you had—”
“ the Council.”  He smiled, showing off his bloody fangs.  “And you.”
Kyuhyun's hands fisted.
“Vampires were always so busy hiding.  Oh, no, mustn’t let the humans know we’re here.”  Jaejoong smirked at him.  “Wrong.  It’s time for them to know.  Time for us to show the humans that their only purpose is to feed us.  They’re prey.  We’re ing gods.”
Kyuhyun could only shake his head.  “You bargained with the devil, you opened a doorway because—”
“Because I wanted a blood war.  Because the vampires needed to learn…it’s kill or be killed.   We weren’t meant to hide.  We’re meant to dominate.”
Bastard.  “And so you sent the demons after your own kind?  How is that us dominating?”
“I sent the demons after the weak.  Those vampires who can’t survive don’t belong in this world.”  His lips still twisted in that sick grin as he said,  “And it’s not like I can’t make more of our kind.”
More like him? No way.  “You won’t be changing anyone.  You won’t be killing anyone else.”  Where is Siwon?  “This ends tonight.”
Jaejoong laughed.  “Funny.  That’s exactly what your wolf said…”
A fist mentally squeezed Kyuhyun's heart.
“Right before I kicked his into hell.”
The screams behind Kyuhyun seemed louder.  Like more demons were fighting to get out.
“Sounds like they’re enjoying their new meal.”  Jaejoong's fangs flashed in the dark.  “That’s how it works, you see.  For them to come out, I offer a trade.  A life.”  That’s why there were so many bones.   A skeleton for each demon he’d brought forth.  “They devour the flesh, then toss out the parts that are too hard or they don't like.”
Not Siwon.  He wasn’t in that pit.  “We’re closing that hole.”
Jaejoong took a step toward Kyuhyun.  “You don’t have that kind of power.  You think you’re so ing special.”  Another step.  “Just because you were born pureblood.  You always thought you were better than me.”
“No, I didn’t.”  But I do now.  I’m not a psychotic , so yes, that makes me better.
“Do you know why I wanted you to marry the wolf?”
Well, saving the vampire nest obviously wasn’t the reason.  Kyuhyun held his ground.  Hell waited behind him, and this bastard caged him in front.
“I needed you to get close to him,”  Jaejoong said.  “I needed you to take his blood…because I wanted to give the demons a special tribute.”  Jaejoong inclined his head.  “You see, now that they’ve been coming out and killing, they’re developed a taste for wolf blood.”
“They’re not taking his blood!”
“But in order to close the deal with them, I had to prove how much I’d be willing to sacrifice.”  His eyes narrowed.  “With demons, it’s all about the sacrifice.  You have to offer them something, or the lazy s won’t do a thing.”
“You’ve offered them humans—”
“Because I’m ing tired of hiding in the shadows.  The vampires wouldn’t take control, they were too scared of humans finding out the truth.  But my demons—they’re not afraid of anything.”
The screams from the pit almost drowned out his words.  “What are you sacrificing?”  Because, , , a-hole, this was a trap.  For the wolves.  For Siwon.  For—
“You.”  Then Jaejoong lunged at him.    But Kyuhyun was ready and foreseen that move.  He grabbed the other's arms, twisted, and tossed the traitor right over his shoulder.  Jaejoong hit the ground just feet away from the pit, and smoke billowed out in a heavy burst.
Jaejoong flew back to his feet right away.  Smiled.  “This will be fun.”  He his lips, tasting the blood that stained his mouth.  “You’re the only pureblood around here.  You’re the best sacrifice I can give them.  I bet you’ll be worth like... ten demons.”  Jaejoong had lost it, his eyes have gone insane.  “And I bet it will hurt when you fall into hell.”  That wiped the smile off his face slightly.  “Your wolf sure screamed when the demons took him.”
Dammit, that was the second time he’d said — Kyuhyun gaze darted to the pit.  “Siwon!”
Jaejoong slammed into him, and they hit the earth.  “Fool, I’ve got wolf blood in me.  More than you.  I drained that mutt.”
And he’d left Kibum's broken body behind.  Another casualty.   Kyuhyun  kicked up, slamming his knee into his balls.  Jaejoong jerked back.  “You’ve got wolf blood,”  the royal said,  “but now you also have balls in your throat.”  Kyuhyun jumped to his feet.  “Siwon!”  His scream broke through the night.  He couldn’t be in that pit, he couldn’t…   Jaejoong's arms wrapped around him from behind.  He squeezed so tight Kyuhyun lost his breath and his ribs burned…burned.
Snap!
Pain beat through Kyuhyun as his ribs broke from Jaejoong's hold.
“So tired of you…”  Jaejoong lifted him and carried the vampire toward the pit.  “ing a wolf… blending with humans… crying when you lost the light…”
Kyuhyun slammed his head back and heard the sweet crunch of bones when he broke Jaejoong's nose.  The royal clawed at his arms, slicing open his flesh as he fought the traitor. Jaejoong'
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter