6/7

Our Blood
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 


Sonofa.  Siwon had wondered…and had known that the vampires gave in too easily to his demands when he first offer a solution to this demon situation.  “Let me guess—Jaejoong's plan?”
“Jaejoong hates wolves.”  A faint shrug lifted Kyuhyun's shoulders.  “He told the others I would go in as an assassin.  Fool you, take your blood, and get strong enough to close the door.”
Wolf's claws were out.  “So why are you confessing to me?  Seems like one fine plan.”  And Siwon had been such a blind fool.  Wanting the vampire wholeheartly, needing him so much, and he would have just—
“Because it was never my plan.”  Kyuhyun's gaze locked on him.  “But maybe those memories haven’t come to you yet.”
What?  “I only saw you change Minho.” Siwon had seen it, like a living nightmare in his head.  Kyuhyun, running into that alley.  Finding the bloody mess that was Minho, with stab wounds all over his body and a knife shoved into his throat.  The human wanted to live…
“When we find that doorway,” Kyuhyun told him, voice calm,  “I am going in with you—and we’re both coming out.  That’s the new deal.”
Siwon swallowed.  “Why?”
“Because I won’t let you face hell alone.”  Now the vamp's expression changed.  Softened.  “And if I need to, I’ll haul your out myself.  I just found you, wolf, and I’m not about to lose you.”
Siwon's fingers slid under the chin of his vampire as he tilted his head back.  “You won’t.”  He kissed Kyuhyun.  Long, hard, hot.  Kissed him and wanted him again.
Soon… Soon Siwon would have him forever.  If he only managed to survive the night.
***   The vampires and the wolves hadn’t killed each other.  Kyuhyun thought that was a jolly good sign.  Well, mostly good.  When he and Siwon re-entered the large hall/room, the wolves were still lined up on the left, and the vamps were glaring on the right.   The vamps seemed a bit cockier now, probably because they were gaining strength from the setting sun.
Two of the wolves held the now conscious demon.  The guy’s face was broken and bloody, so it looked like the wolves had been enjoying some play time while they were busy upstairs.
Donghae raised a brow.  “All better now?”
Siwon low growled at him.
But, actually, yes, Kyuhyun was better.  One hundred percent better.  Power seemed to pulse in the vamps veins.  If this rush would come to him each time that he and Siwon exchanged blood, then he’d make sure they exchanged every day for the rest of their life.
Since Kyuhyun planned to spend all of his days and nights with his alpha, an exchange wouldn’t be a hardship at all.  The vamp's blood would enable Siwon to live longer.  Human mates who sipped from their vampire lovers could stay young and strong as long as they had that blood supply.  So Kyuhyun would make sure Siwon will be well fed and often.
“You’re feeding a dog?”  The demon spat blood on the ground at Siwon's feet.  “Vampire, don’t you know better than to—”  
Siwon lunged and grabbed the demon around his throat.  “I’m going to slice you open.”
The demon just laughed.  “I’ve been in hell, .  You can’t do anything to me that hasn’t already been done.”
And Kyuhyun hesitated.  The demon had a point.
“We’ll see.”  Siwon didn’t seem worried.  “Once I slice off your hands and crack open your rib cage, we’ll find out if you feel like talking then.”
But the demon shook his head with a dark smirk.  “Been there, done that.  Why do you think we’re all coming out?  This world…” His blood red eyes flew around the room.  “It’s life.  We’re coming, and we’re taking it over, and you can’t stop us.  No one can.”
“We’ll shut your ing damn door,” Siwon promised,  “and you’ll stay in your cage.”
More laughter.  “Not if you can’t find it.”
“You’ll talk,” Siwon promised.  Then he glanced back at his KyuKyu.  “You don’t…want to see this.”  But the vampire read his eyes and understood.  Don’t watch me do this.  Siwon would torture.  He would push and push and push…because he wanted to save Kyuhyun.  Save their clan.  But sometimes, there was just too much darkness, too much of a price, to be paid for some actions.
“There’s another way.”  A better way because Kyuhyun's gut told him that the demon wasn’t bullting.  He wouldn’t break.  What can we do that hell hasn’t done?
Siwon stilled from Kyuhyun's sweey voice.
Kyuhyun spared a swift glance for the vampires.  Men.  Women.  Their gazes were determined, their bodies tense.  They understood exactly what the royal meant.  They were ready.  Kyuhyun his lips and offered,  “We can drink from him.”
The demon’s bellow shook the mansion, and Kyuhyun knew that they had the bastard.
You won’t talk.  Fine.  “We don’t need you to talk,”  the vampire said as he crept closer to him.  “We just need you to bleed.”
Time to sample the demon’s memories.
Siwon blocked his path with a frown.  “This is a ty plan.”
Kyuhyun smiled at him.  “It’s a plan that will work.  You know we pull memories with the bite.”
“Yeah, but just what else will happen when you bite him?  You ever had demon blood?”
No.  “Never had the pleasure,”  Kyuhyun said and saw the demon tense.
“It could be poison.  It could fry you from the inside out.  It could—”
“I’d never had werewolf blood until I tasted you.”
That stopped Siwon.  Only for a moment.  “Yeah, princess, but we all know that once you go wolf, you don’t go back.”
And there, when Kyuhyun shouldn’t have, when it was the wrong place and absolutely the wrong time, he laughed.  Not just any laughter, but a totally honest, honey filled sound echoing the room. 
Siwon froze.  Then he squeezed his eyes shut.  “Don’t do that.”
“Do what?”  What was his silly wolf talking about now?
Siwon's eyes opened and a muscle flexed along his jaw.  “You aren’t tasting him.”  He pointed to the vamps behind them.  “One of those s can do it.  They can all do it.  But not you.”  He pulled Kyuhyun close.  “I don’t want you having memories of hell.”
Stubborn Siwon still didn’t get it.  “I don’t need you to protect me.”  Kyuhyun motioned to the vampires in his nest.  They lined up.  All of them ready.
“What? because they’ve got your back?”  Anger roughed Siwon's voice.
“No, because I’m a ing vampire Prince.”  He bared his fangs.  “And I’m riding high on my precious wolf’s blood.”  Time for kicking.  Kyuhyun pushed past Siwon and grabbed the demon, wrenching him away from the other wolves.  “Remember me?  I’m the vamp who broke your neck.”  Those round eyes bulged as he promised,  “I’m also the one who’s going to drain you dry.”
Donghae snapped his fingers together.  “Now I know who he reminds me of…”  His gaze flew to Siwon.  “You.”
Siwon snarled.
“Come ahead, prick,” the demon dared.  “You think you’re strong?  My blood will burn you from the ins
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter