4/7

Our Blood
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*double update cos i fail you guys with the daily updates OTL*

 

 
Blood flowed into Kyuhyun's mouth, hot and rich, and he drank greedily.  The blood brought memories. Not his own, but his memories.  Not of death and hell this time, but of a wild run through the woods. The thrill of the chase.
I’m hunting.
Kyuhyun's eyes cracked open.  He wondered why he's hurt.  Every part of his body burned and ached and— Oh, yes, he burned because he’d been on fire.
Siwon pulled his wrist away from his mouth.  “Don’t ever do that to me again, got it Kyu?”
Kyuhyun was on the ground.  No, not on the ground, but sitting on Siwon's lap.  The alpha's blood was already sliding through his veins, healing him even in sunlight.  He wasn’t anymore.  Because he’d had to run through that fire .  Kyuhyun had woken in Siwon's room only because the fire at his skin.  The vamp leapt through the flames even as he screamed Siwon's name.
Now he wore the wolf's shirt.  It smelled of smoke and him.  The vampire's teeth were still sharp, and he was pissed.  In a flash, Kyuhyun twisted around and pinned Siwon against the ground.  “What did you do?”
Siwon's twisted grin flashed.  “Glad you’re feeling better.”
Kyuhyun felt rather like burned right then.  “You tried to kill me.”  The bastard had left him to the flames.
That wiped the grin right off the wolf's face.  “The hell I did.”
But Siwon hadn’t been there.  “You left me when you knew I was weak.”  Kyuhyun's hands dug into his wrists.  He was aware of the other wolf shifter walking cautiously around him.  Smart wolf, he wasn’t coming too close, not yet.  “You set me on fire.”
The Council had been right.  He should have known better than to trust the alpha.  Not even married a full day and Siwon was already trying to kill him.  The vampire's teeth snapped together as he glared down at Siwon.  He’d actually started to trust the wolf.  How stupid was he?
“I saved you,” Siwon threw at him and—and he wasn’t fighting Kyuhyun.  He was just staring up at the vampire, eyes too bright, and…bleeding.  Cuts and blisters covered Siwon's skin.  Blisters, as if he’d been in the fire.
Kyuhyun's head snapped up.  An ugly black pickup blocked his view of the house, but he could hear the crackle of the flames and the stench of the smoke burned his nose.
“I was out here with Donghae when the fire started.”  Siwon's voice hummed with quiet fury.  “Then I ing raced in for you.” He’d…gone in there for Kyuhyu? for a vampire?  “I thought you were dead.”  So much rage underscored Siwon's words.  “So I made you drink.  I knew my blood could help heal you.”
Not dead.  But close.
Kyuhyun's gazed at him.  His meaty thighs hugged his hips just as they had last night.  The memories were there, between them both.
"Uh, I hate to interrupt this would-be make-out scene…” The other handsome wolf mumbled as he ran a hand over his face.  “But I think we got us a real big problem.”  Tension had tightened the faint lines on his handsome face.
Kyuhyun rose slowly, his knees wanted to wobble but he forced himself to stand.  A quick glance showed the blisters on his arms were almost gone.
Such powerful blood.
Siwon rose and towered over him just by a few inches.  He glanced back at his house, and Kyuhyun saw the muscle flex in his jaw.  “Some is going to pay.”  He pointed at the other handsome wolf.  “Hae, get the pack.”  Then Siwon was gone.  Running back toward the fire.
No, really, just…no.  Kyuhyun leapt after him.  “Siwon, stop!”
“Easy.” The other guy—Donghae—had his hand on his shoulder.  Kyuhyun head-butted him and kept going after the alpha.  But Siwon wasn’t heading back into the flames.  He raced around the house.  Leaned toward the flames.  Sniffed— Got a scent.  He spun around and stared at Kyuhyun.  His whole face seemed to just go blank.
“Something you need to tell me, princess?”  Siwon murmured, voice a silken threat.   The fire raged behind them.  They were at the edge of the glades.  No neighbors to see the flames and call the police.  Siwon's chest was bare.  His eyes bright.  y.
Siwon closed the distance between them and caught Kyuhyun's hand.  “Now’s the time.  If you’ve been holding back, tell me.”
Holding back? Kyuhyun shook his head.
Siwon's lips tightened.  “So be it.”
What?  Kyuhyun's head throbbed.  The sun was too bright.  The flames too hot, and, even with Siwon's blood, he was weak.  Almost human again.
Before Kyuhyun could speak, Siwon had him.  The guy moved in one of his quick lunges and caught the vamp in his arms.  The world spun, and Kyuhyun found himself hanging over his shoulder.
“SIWON!”  The alpha ignored his yelp and marched for the truck.
Donghae was already inside.  Kyuhyun slapped his hands against Siwon's rather fine .  He didn’t stop marching.  Didn’t even pause.
“What are you doing?” Other than hauling Kyuhyun around like— He yanked open the passenger door and tossed him into the truck.  “The game just changed on us.”
Kyuhyun's eyes widen, before narrowing into a frown at him.  “This isn’t a game.”
“No.”
The truck’s motor snarled to life.  “You know whose scent I caught all around that house?”
Donghae pulled out his phone and dialed quickly.
Kyuhyun  his dry lips.  “Demon scent.”  It made sense.  If they knew he’d agreed to team up with Siwon, then they’d come after him.  The vampire hust hadn’t expected an attack so soon.
“Got a fire out on Yongsan Road,”  Donghae said into his phone.  “Send the trucks.”
“Not demons.”  Siwon spared a glance back at his burning house.  “Not this time.” His gaze came back to Kyuhyun's.  “You were almost burned alive by your own kind.  It’s the vamps who came—their stench was all around the house.  They set the ing place to blow with you inside it.”
 ***   When a wolf stormed a vampire stronghold, he damn well stormed it.  Donghae drove the pickup right through the fancy electronic gate at the vampire compound.
“Don’t do this!” Kyuhyun ordered Siwon, grabbing his arm.  “It’s a mistake!  They didn’t attack me!”
Yeah, they had. And they’d pay.
The other wolves in Siwon's pack flooded in behind them.  Attacking in the daylight gave them the advantage, and Siwon was more than ready to kick some vampire .  He jumped out of the truck and barely held back his howl of fury.   Kyuhyun hadn’t even seemed to be breathing.  Oh, yeah, vamps were about to pay.
Kyuhyun hopped out right behind him.  Dogs were barking, snarling.  Figured the vamps would keep Dobermans as their attack dogs.
Siwon turned his head and snarled at the dog.  “Bite me,” he dared.
“They won’t,” Kyuhyun said, voice soft and wan because he’d nearly died, “but if you don’t stand down, I will.”
Then his Kyukyu put himself between Siwon and the entrance to the vampire pit.  Not a pit, really.  More like a million dollar mansion.  The vampires had to do everything with style.
“You’re choosing the wrong side,” Siwon told his vamp as his pack lined up behind him.
But Kyuhyun shook his head even as he heard the soft echo of an alarm from inside the mansion.  The vamps were coming…
“They didn’t do this.”
“Their scents were everywhere.”
The door opened behind Kyuhyun.  Siwon expected human guards.  Instead, the vampires filled the doorway.  Three men.  Forever young.  Pale like Kyuhyun, but with wide shoulders and hard jaws.  And eyes that burned with rage.
“What is the meaning of this, Kyuhyun?” The first guy demanded, an aurora of elegance and grace dripping from the words.
“We’ve got a problem,” Kyuhyun said, not glancing back.  “He thinks you tried to kill me today.”
Silence.
Kyuhyun blinked and, this time, he did look back over his shoulder.  “Tell him it’s not true, Jaejoong,” he demanded.  “Tell him you didn’t—”
“Try to burn him to ash while he was still in my bed,”  Siwon finished, his claws stretching.  It would
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter