Chapter 19

Stay With Me

You packed all your belongings for this whole day. You headed downstairs and waited for Daehyun to come. Sharp 8 a.m you heard his car outside.

"Mom, Dad, I'll go first."

"Ne. Have a safe journey." You kissed their cheeks and went outside. You knocked on his window and he unlocked the door. You got in.

"Gaja!" He beamed excitedly and started to drove.

"Have you taken your breakfast yet?" You asked.

"Ne. You?"

"Done."

"That's good. We got a long way to go." He said excitedly.

"We're not going to overnight there, right?"

"Yeah I would like to but work just got me. Guess we are going back tonight." He smiled at you and focused back on the road.

Soon, you arrived at the train station and get off the car.

"Do you want any drink?"

"Anything." You said and he went to the convenience store to buy drinks and some snacks. You know he can't stop eating.

The train will arrived in 5 minutes and you waited with him on the bench. When the train arrived, you got in and seated.

"Aaaah I can't wait to get back to my hometown." He slumped on his seat and closed his eyes.

"Yeah be patience. It's still got long way to go."

"Ne. I want to take a nap first." He settled himself in his seat and laid his head on your shoulder. We are on our way to Daehyun's hometown, Busan. Since he had awoke from coma 2 years ago, his parents always brought him there to make him remember his grandmother and so on. But he got busier and don't have time to get back so he decided to go today with me because he said his grandmother wants to meet me.

You plugged in your earphone and read a book you have brought along, 'The five people you meet in heaven'

You read along the way there and Daehyun didn't even awake once. Your shoulder started to feel sore but you just bear with it. You know he has a hard time for work since he became the new CEO.

5 minutes before arrived, you woke him up. "Babe, wake up. We almost arrived."

He stretched himself and so do you. "We almost arrived? I slept the whole 3 hours and half? Why don't you woke me up. Your shoulder must be hurt. Sorry." He gave a light massage to your shoulder.

"Ani gwenchana." You giggled because it's ticklish and you can see he still has his guilty face.

"Gwenchanayo. Seriously." You looked up at him.

Both of you took a cab and soon arrived at an old but beautiful house.

"Halmeoni! I'm here!" He shouted without even budge to knock the door.

"Yah Daehyun-ah! You scared me! I almost got heart attack." You can see his grandmother rubbed her chest.

"I just missed you so much." He gave her a bear hug.

"Are you alone?"

"Ani. I came with my fiancee. Rae Jae-ah come here." He called you who still stood still in front of the door.

"Aigoo. You come too. I always wanted to meet you. I wonder who is the lucky girl that Daehyun fall head over heels for. You are so pretty, no wonder he likes you." You just bowed and smiled at her.

"Halmeoni, you know I'm not just looking at the looks." Daehyun pouted.

"Yeah I know, but isn't it a bonus?" She chuckled and you followed along.

"What's your name again, dear?"

"Lee Rae Jae."

You have a short talk with her about your background and so on. His grandmother is so talkative and caring. Just like him.

"Wait here. Let's have our lunch. I already cooked your favourite food." She went to the kitchen and you turned to Daehyun.

"I know where you inherit the talkative mouth of yours."

"Yeah like granny like grandson." You laughed and went to the kitchen to help.

After done having your lunch, do the dishes together, and have some rest, you went outside to the backyard with Daehyun.

You walked and eyed your surrounding. It felt so refreshing with the view of beach. A pair of arms circled you from behind.

"Mom said I used to play here when we stayed here before moving to Seoul. But I don't remember anything." He said and smiled sadly. 

"You will remember it soon. Have faith." You rubbed his hand and he sighed.

"It's already 2 years but I still didn't remember any single thing. But I'm used to my current life right now. I'm happy." He swayed both of you side to side.

"As long as you're happy, I'm happy too." You said. He stopped and tilted his head to look at you.

"Omo, does my cheesiness had move to you?"

"I guess so." Both of you laugh.

"Aye lovebird. Enjoying your time?" Daehyun's grandmother come and sit on the bench. Daehyun let you go and you went to sit next to her.

"When are you planning on getting married?" She asked.

"We are planning on 2 months from now." Daehyun answered. You have discussed about this with your and his parents before.

"Great. I can't wait to have a greatgrandchild soon." Your face heated up so does Daehyun.

"Errr halmeoni. It's still early." You rubbed the back of your neck.

"I'm not going to live longer, you know? I want to see my greatgrandchild first before I go away."

"Halmeoni! What are you talking about?" Daehyun asked and hugged his granny. 

"It's true what. Daehyun, can you take the cookies inside. In the oven. I forgot to bring it out." Daehyun went inside to take it.

"He is such a nice guy. Since he was little, until now, he never changed. But, people can easily used him for his kindness. That's what I scared the most of him." His grandma started the conversation. You just nodded as an agreement.

"When he loved someone, he loved with all his heart. I still remember when he was young back then, I don't remember his age, he loved this one girl and he kept tell me about her. I don't know her name but I know that Daehyun really loved her. I think he must forget her after the accident and he fell for you. You are so lucky that you caught his heart. He never love someone so much other than that the girl. Guess you won his heart now." She said and smiled at you.

"I'm glad that he chose you over any other girls. You were his friend since before, right? I know you are a kind girl and I believe you'll take a good care of him."

"Ne. I will." You hold her hand.

"What are you guys talking about? You were talking abut me, don't you?" Daehyun came with cookies in his hand and mouth?

"Euww why would us? Right, halmeoni?"

"Ne. Why would us." She joked a long.

"Psh both of you were so mean." He sat beside you.

"When are you going back?" His grandma asked.

"You already shooing us away?" Daehyun pouted.

"Ani. I know Seoul is not near from here and I know you got a work tomorrow. I want you to get enough rest. It's already 4 p.m." 

"Our train on 7. 3 hours more to go."

"You can get inside to have some rest."

"Shireo. I want to take a view here."

"Whatever you say kid." His grandma laughed and went inside. Daehyun laid his head on your laps.

"I don't want to go back."

"You can stay."

"I can't." He pouted.

"I know."

"I wish I could turn back time. I'm not having an accident. Not losing my memories."

"Then you won't see me again." You said slowly almost mumbling.

"What?"

"Nothing." You just smiled.

The clock shows 6 p.m. and you already get ready to leave.

"I'm going to miss youuuuuuuuu." Daehyun cooed. Hugging his granny.

"You're not a kid anymore." She slapped his back lightly.

You went to his grandma to bid a goodbye. "It's nice meeting you halmeoni." You said and hugged her.

"Ne. You too. Take a good care of him, ara?"

"Ne. I will."

Both of you went inside the cab and waved her the last goodbye.

In the train, like earlier Daehyun was asleep and his head laid on your right shoulder. You can't help but thinking about what his grandma said earlier. I wonder who is the girl. She must be so lucky.