Two.

Like The Very First Time

Several days passed since the first time Jackson met Mark.

Jackson woke up every morning earlier than the usual just to get there and have a few minutes more with his crush. Everyday he used a different excuse to talk with Mark, but, the impressive thing is, all of them worked in the shy boy.

Even though he knew he had an accident, Mark's mind was lost in the calendar, sometimes Jinyoung had to explain what day was exactly, sometimes he saw on his mobile before he went to the cafeteria. The younger one thought how it must've been difficult to wake up and don't remember a thing you did yesterday, lost, while everyone else knew what you've done. He understood now why Mark was so scared and confused in their second meeting.

In that day, Jackson heard from Jinyoung all the truth. He kept that with him in the bottom of his heart, now he knew why Junior didn't want him near Mark, because there are a lot of possibilities that he'd give up. But he wouldn't, he was even more attached to the boy, giving up was the last thing he wanted to do.

"Jackson-ah, look... It's complicated"

"I think I have time to understand why the nice guy from yesterday is acting like he doesn't know me. Is he a twin?", there was a little bit of irritation in his voice, but it was disappearing soon.

"It's not like that-- C'mon, he's looking at us, I don't wanna him to know that I'm explaining to you."

Jinyoung pulled Jackson with him to the employee's area, asking to his boss a few minutes to talk with his friend. The oldman understood quickly and let him. The Wang was getting angry again when he was pretty sure he was the only one who didn't know a thing about Mark.

"Mark is special, I told you that, remember?", the brunette nodded, waiting for him to continue, "He... Had an accident last year. I don't know what got into him, who did what, but I was at the party and suddenly I saw he going away, driving. It was raining that day. Well, he crushed the car. He hit his head badly, had to do a surgery and was in a coma for a week."

Jackson just nodded in response, he was curious to know what happened in that day. Whatever it was, almost ended the boy's life.

"Now he has... It's kinda of an amnesia, but I don't know the name exactly. He can't record anything new since the day he crushed the car. His parents wanted to lie to him, make like everyday was that day. But with time they saw it was wrong, there would be a day that Mark could find out the truth and colapse", he sighed, thinking before talking again, "Mark forgets everything he did all day long when he sleeps. In the next day, his mind goes back to that last year Sunday. He comes every morning here, like the party's day, so I got the job of warning him that it's a new day."

"But... If he doesn't remember anything, how does he know he has this memory problem? I mean, do you remember him of the accident too? Everyday?"

Jackson put two and together and quickly he got to the conclusion that: Yes, Mark knew he had a serious problem. His eyes spoke what he wanted to Jackson yesterday, they showed that he clearly knew what was happening, and maybe that's why he took that picture.

"Well... It took several months, but suddenly Mark came here and asked me "what day is today". I almost dropped what I was carrying when I heard him, I swear", he did movements with his hands like he was in that day again, "I asked him why and he answered, "because I don't know, I wake up thinking it's Sunday, but then I remember of the accident and that I lack memory". We all thought his brain was working again, some progress, you know? We tried to put new things in his mind but nothing worked, it was useless. Now I just have to say to him what date is, he already knows isn't Sunday anymore. Even though, there are days he does it by himself, like, he looks at his phone or something like that, I'm not sure."

Jinyoung sighed in frustration, shrugging.

"The doctor said he just saved it in his memory because the accident was something really important, for him getting hurt and forgetting everyone was something he didn't want to, with the time he got used to it, he knew it. That's why he doesn't like to make new friends, y'know? He's afraid. Handsome like he is, don't you imagine how many people tried to flirt with him?"

Jackson nodded bitterly, in his inside he really wanted to be the only one.

"Well, it stopped in the third or fourth person. Everyone got really mad at him in the next day, they were sure he was just messing with them. Mark asked me to not tell everyone about his problem, he was afraid that they'd approach him because of pity, guilty. So he started to be cold, didn't let anyone sit with him anymore."

"But... Well, he asked me if I could sit with him, so..."

"Yeah, I know... Take care of him, Jackson", Jinyoung gave his friend's arm a sightly squeeze, "I beg you."

Jackson wasn't getting closer to Mark because of pity or because Jinyoung had asked him to. It was his will, something burned inside of him and almost screamed for him to be Mark's protection. Seemed like those big and brown eyes asked to Jackson to not leave even if he forgot everything.

And, besides that, everyday Mark took a photo of Jackson in the end of the day. Sometimes, he took the shots without the brunette knowing, saying that "the best expression of someone is when they aren't trying to be beautiful".

"How come that I've never met you before...?", the blonde one asked before he sipped his coffee, sighing, "I'm almost sure I'd remember someone that han-- nice", he scoffed, avoiding look at the other.

The dancer laughed out loud, getting a little closer to Mark, grinning.

"You can say that I'm handsome, Mark, I won't be hurt. Actually, hear that from you would make me really proud of my looks", he laughed again. In all their ten dates, this was the first one Mark praised him.

And, even though Mark was praising him without knowing they've met more than once, hearing he saying that gave Jackson that famous butterflies in his stomach.

"And why would it make you so proud?, he asked curiously, turning to look at Jackson again.

"Because you're beautiful", Mark almost choked with his coffee, "And hearing someone beautiful compliment you is really nice"

"You don't have limits, Gaga. I'm a man, I'm not beautiful"

Jackson laughed out loud again, one of his hands reaching to mess with Mark's hair, still grinning.

"You don't have limits too, Yien. Should be a crime be that cute"

"Stop that! You're embarrassing me"

The blonde one complained in a loud tone, trying to take Jackson's hand off him, a small pout on his lips while he sipped his coffee again.

"I'm talking with you only this morning and even though seems like I know you for years...", murmured, looking at the brunette with pleading eyes, "I... Don't know you... Right?"

Jackson bit his bottom lip, he didn't want to lie to Mark. He really didn't want to, but he had to. Even if the blonde's question was referring to a long time ago, they've met before, it'd be wrong anyway.

The time that the dancer took to answer was long enough to Mark understand.

"Oh... I...", he looked down, suddenly grabbing his belongings and getting up, "I'm sorry"

Jackson got up in the same second he noticed Mark was leaving, and followed him outside the coffee shop. They stopped in front of Mark's car, even if the oldest told Jackson to be away from him.

"Jackson, don't!", he turned around, frustration in his voice and face, "No, that's ridiculous, I can't live with this"

"Live with what? I-I'm here, I came here everyday because of you, I knew you'd be mad and sad if you found out that I--"

"It's not that, , the problem isn't you", he sighed, looking down, "I met someone, I like him in the same second I look at him and... In the next day, I don't remember him anymore"

Wait, what.

Did Jackson hear it right or it was his twisted I-love-someone-who-has-memory-loss mind, or was he dreaming or crazy. The next sentence took him out of his thoughts.

"It's... Horrible, this. I wanted to meet you today, sleep and the next morning wake up knowing that I'll see you again. But... I forget, I simply forget. I don't want to"

While Mark was busy talking, Jackson has approached him in a slow pace. In a few seconds, he was in front of him, making the boy look up to meet his eyes.

"Mark, look... I don't know what you did to me, but I'm so into you, I could do every same thing every morning for you", he smiled, trying to pass some safety to him, "Tomorrow you'll come here again, I'll meet you again and I know that one day you'll remember me"

Jackson gave Mark's forehead a kiss, getting a few steps away with a smile on his lips, changing his weight foot to foot every minute.

"And even if you don't remember me... I will. And I don't wanna let you go" 

Mark went home that day with red face, a weird sensation in the chest and a very big will of driving back to the coffee shop just to give Jackson a kiss, or maybe a lot of kisses, even if he's met the boy this morning  but, well, he found out that the cute guy actually stole his heart everyday.

When he arrived home, he told everything to his parents, he couldn't stop talking about this — it was strange to the Tuan family hear their oldest son talking for more than five minutes, even though he just talked about a "perfect" boy he met.

Everyday Mark arrived home with a new photo of Jackson, showing to his parents the nice guy he met. But he never talked that much to the point that his younger brother begged that he should bring this Jackson guy home anytime.

Mark even started to draw, sing, laugh out loud again. He threw himself in his bed and hugged a pillow while he stared the roof, thinking about a lot of things and nothing at all, he turned to be someone with a normal life, even if it was just for one day. It wasn't a boring and repetitive day just like the last year.

And, just for that, the Tuan family didn't complain at all, even if their son was falling in love with a guy they didn't know.

An hour before Mark could sleep, his dad came to his room, talking to him about a serious relationship and all that stuff. He needed to meet Jackson, but how would they bring the boy home? His son wouldn't remember their request when he woke up early and left before his parents.

"Mark, we... We really want to know this guy. We're thinking about going with you one day, even.  But you're really hard to convince, I don't think you'll agree to go out with your parents", Raymond started, sitting in the bed's edge while laughing a little, "You bring everyday a new photo of him, I think you need to know that"

"I... Do?", he arched his eyebrows, surprised with the new information.

"Yes, you have... Almost eleven pictures of him now, I think", he laughed, giving his son an envelope, "But I kept them because you asked me to"

Mark's eyes went wide and he took the item, taking the photos that were inside it, looking at every one of them for at least five minutes, taking in all the information he had there. There were a lot of Jackson's picture smiling, other serious, other surprised. There was only one where Mark was together, and he looked at it for a long time. Then, he sighed, giving it back to his father.

"I'm gonna be confused if I see this, it's better if you keep it..."

"I thought you'd say that again", he got up, taking the envelope with him, "Son... Don't give up just because you know you won't remember him tomorrow"

"Dad... I won't remember you asked me this tomorrow"

Mark didn't say that in a hurt tone, he was clearly joking around. But Raymond still felt bad for his son. If only he didn't let him go to that party, or had drove him home safely... Anything he could do to not let his son be like this, be this frustrated, this tired.

"Don't be so silly, Mark", he messed his son's hair, taking a few steps to the door, "Good night"

"Good night, dad"

In that night, Mark didn't dream with the accident. He dreamed with a handsome guy with a funny laugh that didn't stop talking for a second, and the oldest loved it. When he woke up, the boy's face was just a blur and he couldn't form a face by it.

He just expected he could dream with him again.

 


HEEEEEY WHAT'S UP (the sky)

well, everything's done already and I cannot wait to post everything. I just need to translate hehe So I finished this and came here, no regrets. I'm sorry for any mistakes, I'll be reviewing again tomorrow, here's 4AM now and I shouldn't be awake. LOL 

A special thanks to everyone who subscribed and those who commented as well! You gave me a lot of confidence to keep this going

Hope you liked it!

xoxo and c ya