One.

Like The Very First Time

 

Wang Kayee, Jackson for friends, was a Chinese former fencer who left his career of glory and fame, as well his loved Hong Kong, to pursue his dream: The world of dance, in South Korea.

The guy wasn't tall, but his training days and gym gave him a body different than the thin too thin that mostly of Asian guys had. His hair has always been brunette, normally hidden by a snapback, which was his "brand".

Jackson moved to a small town, probably his dancing studio was the only one there, and that explained why he had so many students.

He didn't care he wasn't so famous anymore, he was doing what he liked to do. Lived a normal life, trying to flirt here and there, partying with friends when he could, seeing his family in vacations and working hard.

Until that day

The day when Jackson decided to drink coffee in another place.

There was a part of the city that was quiet and cozy, calm, near to a beach. Seemed like the perfect place to bring someone you like in a romantic date. Jackson didn't go to this place at all, he was really busy with work  and lack of interest  to date for real, so he didn't have something to do there. But, well, his friend called him to have a meeting in a cafeteria, since his friend worked there he offered a breakfast free and special.

He didn't have how to refuse this, so he accepted the offer, and now he was at the entrance of the place.

The place was really cozy, warm and looked like a good local to spend the afternoon reading something, talking with a few friends or stuff like that.

When Jackson entered the cafeteria, he looked around, analyzing all the tables and staff, seeing that wasn't really full yet.

Before his eyes found his friend Jinyoung, the dancer stopped on his tracks, staring at another guy who was sitting there, quietly in one of the tables, reading a book with a concentrated expression.

With blonde hair falling on his eyes, the person who caught Jackson's attention had a thin body and seemed - in Jackson's distorced vision with flowers and sparkles - someone who needed protection, needed someone close to him.

And, in the same second he put his eyes on him, Jackson thought he wanted to be that person.

"Hey, Jacks! It's been a while", Jinyoung greeted his friend, pulling him away from his thoughts, "I'll ask to prepare your breakfast, what do you like?"

"Hi, Junior!", greeted back with a smile, but his mind was in another place, "Uh... I want an americano."

"And what about our red velvet cheesecake? We learned it recently, it's a success!", smiled, too happy for a lost Jackson.

Jackson just nodded, earning a smile from his friend in response. Junior said to him take a seat wherever he wanted to, and in the next second he was gone, leaving his friend as lost as before. The dancer took a seat near to the pretty guy, staring at him discreetly.

"Hey, Sue, your hair is pretty today."

The Wang boy was impressed by the perfect english from the blonde one, even finding his American accent, different from his own english, he always talked with a little bit of asian accent. At least was a thing to talk about with the boy.

"Thanks, Mark.", she replied, "I wish it was like yours."

Jackson started to note things about the guy in his head, so he had three topics until now.
 

1. His name is Mark.
2. He knows english.
3. He has an adorable nervous tic, he always shake his head sightly when he's shy.

The last one was clearly something hard to notice, just if you were staring too much, and, well, Jackson was staring too much in the last few minutes. 

The lady called Sue quickly left a plate with pancakes in front of Mark, followed by a coffee  americano, just like Jackson's.

"Here's your favorite from always, Mark."

It hasn't been two minutes and Jackson could note three more things to his personal list.

4. Mark likes to play with his pancakes before he eats it.
5. We both like the same coffee.
6. He comes to this coffee shop frequently, maybe everyday, but that I can confirm.

"Is this seat free?"

Jackson found himself asking in english before he could stop himself from doing it, seeing Mark raise his head, analyzing him from head to toe twice, sightly confused. He was staring Jackson for a while before he shrugged, smiling - goddamn smile - and nodding.

"Can I know the reason why do I have the pleasure of your company?", asked in korean, laughing.

If someone asked Mark what happened to him in that moment, he wouldn't know how to answer. He was shy, reserved and didn't like people around him  he's always been quiet, he had problems to keep up a talk for two minutes at least.

But when his eyes met the ones from the cute and handsome boy in front of him, he couldn't say no. Actually, he couldn't say anything, the air simply failed him and his mind won't collaborate. Maybe he needed to see a doctor.

"I'm alone, you're alone, we can make each other company, right?"

Jackson gave him one of that smiles, watching the other boy laugh again, letting his book rest on his side, this way he could give more attention to the lost puppy that was talking to him now  and to his pancakes, of course.

"You didn't order anything?"

At the same moment, Jinyoung emerged with his friend's request. He left the cheesecake followed by his coffee, but he didn't waste time to give Jackson a light punch in his shoulder, watching him with disapproving eyes.

"Don't bother Markie hyung too much, Jackson", he scolded, making the blonde laugh a little more.

"Hyung...?", the brunette frowned, "How old are you?"

"I'm twenty two."

Jackson watched Mark with arched eyebrows, surprised. Genuinely surprised, since he was pretty sure he's been talking to someone younger.
 

7. He has a killer smile.
8. Twenty two years pretty well conserved with some weird formula.

"That makes you my hyung too", the dancer shrugged, laughing, "But, hey, Junior. I'm trying to have a talk here, go work." 

"I invite you to have breakfast in my place and that's what I receive?"

Jinyoung pretended to be huffy with what he heard, but he knew Jackson pretty well to really complain. When he saw Mark watching them with worry in his eyes, he laughed out loud, shaking his head.

"I have stuff to do anyway, I'll come here later. See you."

With that, Junior left, letting the pair alone again. Silence hovered over the table, but it wasn't uncomfortable at all, they shared looks like they knew each other for a long time.

 And it was that feeling of safety and trust that filled Mark's empty chest, when he looked in that brown and deep, piercing eyes. Maybe it was because of it that he let his shyness away. When he saw, they were already in a talk full of laughs and histories, becoming attached to the other boy.

Which was a terrifying signal.

Jackson continued to take notes of Mark in his secret mental list, "Everything I Know About My Crush".

9. Professional photographer, he likes to take a picture of everything.
10. American native, but he's Chinese like me.
11. A great listener, talks little.
12. His Chinese name is Yien.

"Jackson-ah, can I take a picture of yours?"

Jackson blinked a few times, surprised by the suddenly request. He almost said "yes" in the same second, but he stopped before he looked too desperate.

"Can I ask you why...?", asked curiously.

"I... Wanted a memory of today. I like to take a shot always, remember?", smiled, but it wasn't the same smile that Jackson has been seeing in the last hour.

"Well.. Then I'll ask you something... Can you take a picture of us?"

It was the blonde's time to be surprised, but he didn't complain. He got up from where he was, taking his camera and sitting at Jackson's side. He didn't know what he should do or where to stay.

Jackson, noticing his discomfort, laughed and threw an arm around Mark's shoulders, pulling him closer. Mark laughed as well and then smiled to the camera.

Two seconds before the oldest took the shot, the brunette turned his face with a small pout in his lips, like he was going to kiss Mark's cheek. The polaroid came in the next second with a strong flash.

Jackson wasn't sure if he saw Mark blushing, but he wish he did, at the same time he was hoping he didn't embarrass the other too much.

"I... I need to go now.", he turned to Jackson and smiled, getting up from the chair, "Am I going... To see you tomorrow?"

"If you come here, I will too", answered shrugging and smiling.

The answer made Mark laugh again, nodding a few times.

"I... Uh..."

The blonde one was looking for words, or maybe he already had them but he didn't know how to say it. He sighed, took his bag, the forgotten book and smiled a last time for Jackson.

"Thank you."

With one last thanks in Chinese, Mark exited the coffee shop at a fast pace, running to his car. In this moment, Jackson wanted to punch himself, he could've offered company to Mark until they reached his car, then he would've passed two minutes more with him.

Even a minute with Mark was important.

"Are you with a crush on Mark or something...?", Jinyoung approached, sitting in front of his friend, "I didn't know you two were friends"

"We met today."

The dancer shrugged, but he didn't miss the look Junior gave him. Something was happening and he didn't know what it was, but he needed to find out.

13. Mark is mysterious.

"I understand... Take care with him, okay? Mark is special, he's not anyone who you can just flirt with."

"I know it", said in a tone that indicated he wasn't mad at Junior, "I noticed it in the same moment I put my eyes on him."

Jinyoung sighed, resting his chin in one hand while he watched his friend.

"Markie hyung doesn't talk with strangers, he must have liked you a lot."

"Really?!"

Jackson was excited with this new information like he was a puppy, but he still noted something wrong in his friend's eyes. But, knowing him like he knew, it'd be useless ask what's happening.

"Well, I gotta go", he said calmly, getting up.

"Oh, yeah. It's on me today, so you can go. I hope you liked it."

"I liked it a lot, I'll come everyday, no worries", laughed.

"Jackson, I meant the food, not Mark."

With the last comment, Junior let the two laughing out loud, before Jackson said he really needed to go to teach. He promised come the next day, and then he exited the cafeteria.

Thank God, the day didn't last long. Jackson arrived home by night, took a shower and threw himself in his bed. He wanted to sleep soon, rest and then he'd be able to see Mark in the next morning.

A smile made its way across his face when he thought about the boy, and then he slept, his thoughts letting him have good dreams with the angelic boy and his blonde locks.

When Jackson woke up, he send a text to every student warning them he was taking the classes an hour later today. He wanted to make sure he would have a good time with Mark without having to leave early.

Of course his students didn't complain, so he went to the coffee shop as soon as possible. This time, without a snapback. He wanted the angelic boy to know all his sides, not only the Jackson Swag Wang.

He opened the door with a large smile on his face, which just grown when he saw Mark sitting in one of the tables, drinking his coffee with his pancakes as always.

He took some steps closer, but he respected Mark's space and didn't sit down immediately, preferring to start a conversation before  for his luck, he thought later.

"Hey, Yien!"

Mark's eyes went wide and he looked to see who's calling him, extremely surprised. Jackson didn't understand why this, if it was for the fact he called his Chinese name, well, he said it yesterday, right?

"I'm sorry, you prefer Mark?"

"I-It's not it, uh...", said really confused, "Do I know you?"

The sentence punched Jackson hard in the face, he blinked a few times and then looked around, looking for Junior, he needed help. When his friend's eyes met his own, he noted Jinyoung's calling him in his direction. It was better check what he wanted to say before anything else.

"Oh, I'm so, so sorry! I think I'm mistaken", took a bow, "I'm really sorry."

Mark just nodded, still a little surprised, this couldn't be only coincidence. Before Jackson went to Junior, the blonde one held his wrist, but he took his hand away before the dancer could enjoy the warm feeling that spread through his body.

"I, uh... Ehrm...", again his cute nervous tic, he was shy, "Would you mind drinking coffee with me?"

 It was the time for Jackson be surprised, but he smiled right way, and understood he wasn't attached to Mark for no reason. Something was waiting for him, something special, not only coincidence. 

"I'd love it! I'll just talk to my friend here, okay?"

The oldest one nodded and smiled, letting the brunette go in peace. If someone asked him why, he wouldn't answer, because he couldn't explain what happened with him. He just had this urge to grab Jackson and ask him out. It was almost an uncontrollable attraction, even if he was used to drink coffee alone with his books.

Jackson approached Jinyoung, really confused and lost.

"Is he pretending to not know me? Is that a prank?"

Jinyoung looked at Jackson with the same look he had yesterday, a sad smile in his lips while he tried to explain to his friend what was happening with Mark

Later, when Jackson was finishing drinking his coffee with Mark and both of them needed to go, he made another note in his mental list of Mark.

14. Mark has something that seems like amnesia.

 


well, that was lame. I don't know why I'm posting it, oh my God. I hope you like it anyways. :')

I guess I'm trying to be less shy. I wrote this to a friend when we finished the movie and it won't be long, maybe more two chapters and that's all. I don't really trust my english to translate, so idk. 

Well

xoxo <3