[ T W O ]

KIM LEGACY

   chapter two. 

Image result for simple page divider png

At the café, Yixing who is one of Minseok trusted worker is busy working with early morning customers who getting coffee to get rid of their morning blues. He smiles as he sees the familiar face. The deer-eyed male takes a seat at the bar and smiles.

“Yixing-ah”

 

Yixing looks at the male. He is the quiet type so he always responds with eye contact. After looking around a few times, he looks back at Yixing.

“Where is Minseok?” asked the male.

“I’m not sure. It’s already 10 pm though” Yixing answers. It’s already 10 pm but his boss, Minseok, hasn’t come in. He glances at the door and there’s no sign of the male.

“Maybe he checks the other branch first” he answers “Would you like anything to drink?”

The other male just shakes his head so Yixing excuses himself to entertain other customers.

Yixing is a final year music student at the university nearby the café so when he doesn’t have class, he’ll come and work there. Minseok is quite flexible about the latter as he knew that the man needs money to survive as his scholarship only enough for him to pay the tuition fees and the house rent. As a music student, sometimes he performs at the café to entertain the customers.

“He didn’t give any notice about coming late today?” the other male interrupts. Yixing is making drinks so he just shakes his head. “Hm” the other guy hummed “Oh! Was he infected by your fever last week?” Yixing gives another shrug. Minseok looks healthy last night when they closed the café together.

“Maybe, he attends a meeting with his father” said Yixing while passing the drink to the customer at the counter. The other nodded “Yeah- you might be right!” he smiles before sighing “Then, what’s the reason for me to be here then” he pouted. Yixing glares while shaking his head.

He knows well the other male and sometimes he quite annoyed by the other because he likes to bother him when his boss is not around. “I’m leaving then, bye” the other gets up and Yixing smiles, feeling relieved.

However, the sound of the door open stops the two and turns to look at the door. “Oh, he’s here!” said the male. Yixing sighs and shakes his head. “Yixing-ah!” Minseok stops at the door and calls his worker to come to him.

“Coming!” Yixing runs to the door leaving the other male pouting. Yixing stands at the door and Minseok smiles. “Go to my car, I’ll be right over” Minseok instructs. Minseok looks at the sulky male at the bar and chuckles. “Stay there, Luhan-ah. I’ll make you coffee soon” told the male before going out to his car. The man named Luhan then smile and jumps back to his seat waiting for his friend.

 

Yixing looks at the boxes that are placed at Minseok’s car. “It doesn’t looks like our shop stock” he blinks while looking at Minseok. The shorter male bends down to take the boxes, “That’s because, it’s isn’t” he grins. Yixing tilted his head “So, where should we put this?” he takes the boxes. “The lounge, for the staffs” he answers while walking.

“24-hours convenience store?” he reads the label. Minseok grins “Don’t ask, be thankful. Now you guys have some food at the lounge” said the boss and Yixing just nods “Thank you, Boss!” he exclaimed. Minseok laughs.

“How long did Luhan waited?”

“Almost 30 minutes”

“So, he bothered you for 30 minutes”

Yixing nodded. Minseok chuckles as he saw Yixing annoyed face.

“Why didn’t you reply his message?”

“I was driving”

“He’s like a clingy girlfriend” Yixing shivers.

Minseok laughs “Oh! You ever experienced that?”

Yixing stays silent. Minseok just laughs as the two entered the back door and brought the boxes into the lounge. From the lounge, he could see Luhan waiting. He smiles. “Unfortunately, we are just friends” he sighs before he steps out to meet the male.

 

As Joonmyeon arrives at his office, his loyal and trusted assistant, Park Chanyeol greets him with a bow. The tall latter has been his right wing ever since he started to establish the hotel until now. He’s like one of the pioneers of this well-known hotel.

“Morning, Boss” he grins

Joonmyeon chuckles as he looks at his watch “Afternoon” he smiles

“Really? Its noon?” he looks at his watch. “I’m sorry, Boss” he bows.

They are good friends actually but since they are in the office, they should greet each other with respect. Joonmyeon is the boss and Chanyeol is the personal assistant.

“Can you cancel all my meetings today? I need some rest”

“I thought you went home to sleep?”

“Oh, not really, Jongin causes some things at the house so I just couldn’t sleep”

Chanyeol nodded “Anything else?”

“Oh, can you go to my car and take all the boxes inside the car and you can take it”

“What is the content of the box?”

“Some foods and toiletries, just take it. Okay?”

Chanyeol nodded. “Then, I’ll be in my room” said Joonmyeon before leaving.

“Talk about fate” said Chanyeol while scratching his head.

 

Joonmyeon open the door to his room and he smells familiar cologne fills the air. He looks at out to ask Chanyeok but the tall male has left to take the boxes. He steps inside and sees a flower bouquet placed on top of his desk. He smiles.

“Yifan” he mutters softly. His boyfriend, Wu Yifan must’ve asked someone to send the flowers. He takes the flower into his arms and smiles softly. He misses the man who sent this flowers but he’s too far from him right now. He sighs softly before putting the flowers on the desk.

“You don’t like it?” – Joonmyeon gasps; the familiar voice gives him a shock. He’s about to turn but he stops when a pair of strong arms keeps him in place. Joonmyeon rest his head on the other male chest. “When did you arrive?” he asked.

Wu Yifan has been living in Paris for a month since he involved in the Fashion Week there. The tall is a well-known model and he met Joonmyeon when Yifan became the spokesperson for the hotel. So, after a few meetings and they decided to be official but only their family and close friends knows this.

“I miss you” Yifan whispers into his ears. Yifan’s arms are hugging him tighter. He closes his eyes “Tell me I’m not dreaming” he hold Yifan’s hands on his tummy. Yifan chuckles and turns the shorter male to face him. “You’re not dreaming, love” said Yifan before he leans for a kiss. Joonmyeon wraps his arms around the tall male neck as they share their deep kiss.

 

“Hyung, are you okay?”

“Hyung”

Jongin nudges his brother with the box he’s holding. He stares at his brother who stands still while staring at one place. “Noona!” Jongin calls Hanbyul, a good friend of Jongdae.

Hanbyul is 7 months pregnant. She slowly walks to the brothers. “Daedae hyung is sick” Jongin told the lady before bringing the box to the store. Hanbyul looks at his friend “Yah! What’s wrong with you?” she nudges him hard.

Jongdae finally comes back to reality. He looks at his friend, Hanbyul staring at him weirdly. He grins while the lady crosses her arms. “Kim Jongdae, the last time I saw that expression is when you were crushing on the girl in our math class” she lifts an eyebrow.

“Byul, who’s that guy” he points with his lips. Hanbyul looks towards the direction. Jongdae was pointing at the new caregiver she hired to help her taking care of the orphans. Since she’s 7 months pregnant, everything is quite hard for her to do so like a miracle, the boy came one day asking for a job.

Hanbyul lips forms a smirk as she looks at her friend. Jongdae blinks, “What?” he pretends to look innocent. Jongin joins them “Noona, is my brother needs to see psychiatrist?” he jokes. Jongdae glares “Jongin, go and take all the boxes.”

Hanbyul nods, “I need to talk to your brother in private” she grins.

“Tch, weirdos” he mumbles while walking to the car.

 

“His name is Byun Baekhyun. Why? Interested?”

“I’m just asking” he shrugs while his eyes fixed to the beautiful male.

Hanbyul chuckles, “Baekhyun-ah!” she calls. The male turns to look at his boss as he waves. Hanbyul gestures for him to come and as being instructed he walks to meet the lady.

“Oh, ” Jongdae search for a place to hide but Hanbyul holds him. The talkative man turns speechless when Baekhyun stands right in front of him. His smiles, his eyes and to Jongdae, this man is beautiful all over.

Jongin stares from a far, his brother looks more nervous than ever. He smirks “I’m going to tell everyone about this” he skips to the store putting the last box into the store.

 

“I would like you to meet Kim Jongdae, he’s one of the main benefactor to this orphanage” Hanbyul introduces his friend. Jongdae wipes his sweaty his hands to his pants before offering his hand “Just call me Jongdae” he smiles. Baekhyun grins as he accepted the hand for a handshake “I’m Byun Baekhyun, caregiver” he introduces himself.

Jongdae gulps, his heart skips a beat and the beautiful man is so warm. “Well, Jongdae here is my friend from university since our university days, he always joins clubs that have to do with orphans that’s why he helps me building this place” she explains.

“Wow, you have a warm heart unlike your hand” Baekhyun jokes. Jongdae quickly pulls his hand and grins. “Sorry, I couldn’t stand the cold” he smiles. Hanbyul just hides her laughter. “Since he likes to come here often, I think you guys should try get to know each other. I’m going to check on Jongin” she left the two.

The two watches the pregnant lady walking away. The awkward air fills in. “You’re the president at Thunder Entertainment, right?” Baekhyun speaks. Jongdae nods, “How do you know?” he looks at Baekhyun.

“Well, you appeared a lot in the television”

“I see. I guess, those appearances paid off”

The two laughs and their conversation go on from just weather to serious stuffs like Baekhyun dreams to be a singer.

 

Hanbyul joins Jongin at the playground while checking on the kids. “So, your brothers bought the whole store?” – Jongin nods. “It supposed to be for extra credit marks. I’m not going to work there for a lifetime but my brothers are quite dramatic at times” he shrugs. Hanbyul laughs “That means, they love you so much” she smiles.

Jongin nods with a pout “Well, I felt a little grateful since they did my assignments for me” he grins before sighing “But, my friend, Kyungsoo has quite a culture shock from it.”

“I never knew Prof. Choi would asked you guys do field work actually”

“But he likes to think out of the box. I guess, you earned the extra credits”

Jongin nods while checking out his brother. “I never saw him this shy” states Jongin. His brother keeps looking down while his nape. Hanbyul smile “True. I guess, love at the first sight” she watches her friend fidgeting from nervousness.

 

Jongin opens his eyes when he feels someone is caressing his face. He looks at the owner of the hand and his hand reaches to hold it tight. “Hey” the pale-skinned male smiles. Jongin smiles before getting up and sits on the bed. “You should wake me up earlier” said Jongin in a sore voice. The man chuckles “Like you’ll wake up” he hugs Jongin from the back and rests his chin on the male’s shoulder.

“Did you sleep well?” ask Jongin while looking around the room. He wonders how drunk the two were last night. Everything is not at its place. “I slept well, thank you for coming” the man places a kiss on Jongin’s shoulder before getting off the bed.

Jongin grabs the man’s arms and he stops. “Oh Sehun, you haven’t told me about what happened” said Jongin. He was at the club last night when Sehun calls him. He rushes over to the male’s place to see he was already drunk.

He looks at Jongin. “You know I’m quite possessive, right?”

“Yeah, I know that. So?”

“I told you to stop being a host”

Jongin chuckles, “You did”

“But you didn’t!” he stomps his feet.

Oh Sehun, an all-rounder in the entertainment world. An actor, singer and MC-ing are his main focus. He works under Thunder Entertaiment, which is Jongin’s third brother company. Jongin and Sehun are -buddies with no strings attached.

“I know that we have this no string attached thing but if you are ing other people and maybe they have some diseases and they transfer it to you…”

Sehun keeps ranting about AIDS and dying before he feels Jongin soft lips wrapping onto his. He replies the kiss before Jongin pulls back. He whines a little but Jongin stare shuts him up. “I never slept with them. You’re the only person that I’m sleeping with. Note that, okay” – Sehun nods.

Jongin smiles “Good, let’s get ready. I’m hungry.”

Luhan sits at his usual place while watching making drinks for Jongin and Sehun who stops by at Minseok’s café for brunch. “Minseok-ah” he calls. The other male ignores. He pouts. “Minseok-ah!” he called again. “Just tell me your curiosities. I’m making drinks here” said Minseok while his hands are busy with the milk.

“Are they dating?” ask Luhan, referring to Jongin and Sehun. Minseok glances at the two guys sitting at the corner before looking at Luhan “What makes you say that?” he crosses his arms. Luhan shrugs “I don’t know. The way they look at each other, is different than friends looking at each other.”

Minseok lifts an eyebrow “How does friends supposed to look at each other?” he asks. Luhan looks at Minseok, “Like us” he points at himself and Minseok. The barista coughs “Us?” – Luhan nods innocently. “Plus, do you know how lame Jongin jokes are? But, he actually laughs at it!” Luhan continues.

“Hm, maybe they are dating, but Jongin never tells us his ual preferences” Minseok watches the two people before he saw Jongin waving at him. “Oh yeah, their drinks!” he quickly puts it on a tray before asking Yixing to send it to the two.

 

Jongin and Sehun are in their own world, ignoring the eyes that are watching. Even though Jongin hates the spotlight but he grows up with paparazzi’s following him everywhere. Sehun laughs about Jongin’s story about his brothers. “They bought the whole store?” he repeats while laughing.

Jongin nods with a pout. He stirs his iced Americano. “The funny thing is Kyungsoo gets culture shock because of them” he adds that leads more laughter. Jongin and Sehun are college-mates. Sehun rarely attend classes but he did excel in his studies since Jongin taught him and also Kyungsoo.

“Yah, stop! You are attracting more people” said Jongin. Sehun laughter slowly stops as he wipe his tears from the laughter. “Okay sorry” he takes his latte and sips it. Jongin rolled his eyes as he stare at Sehun.

“Anyways, I think Kyungsoo likes you” told Sehun. Jongin chuckles as he actually knows that fact.

“So?”

“So, I think you should give it a try”

“Nah, he’s not my type”

“Kyungsoo is cute and so adorable. How come you cannot love that boy?”

Jongin stays silent. Sehun notices the other stay silent so he quickly changed the topic. “Okay, tell me your type then. You know…”

Sehun pauses.

He’s speechless because Jongin is staring at him with his deep eyes.

“Eat up, you said you have a long photoshoot later.”

“O-Okay” Sehun awkwardly nods. He took the sandwich while glancing at Jongin. The other is staring into spaces. Jongin is a handsome guy. It’s not a shock that the guy has lots of fans even though he’s not a celebrity.

“What are you staring at?” Sehun got knocked out from his own thought. He looks at Jongin is looking at him. “N-Nothing” he shakes his head before looking down.

Jongin’s phone buzzed on the table. The guy read the message he just received “I think I need to go. I will meet you at the dance studio later” said Jongin. Before Sehun could say anything the man already leave the café. He sighs.

 


short notes by notshya