[ T H R E E ]

KIM LEGACY

chapter five


Baekhyun just finished putting the kids to their afternoon nap. As he walk passed Byul’s room, the pregnant lady called her “Baekhyun-ah.”

The man’s steps stop as he reversed his legs back to the front of the office. He smiles “How can I help you?” asked Baekhyun, politely.

The lady was holding a bouquet of flowers. She smiled as she gestured the man to come into the room. Baekhyun nods and knocked the door before coming in.

“Here, this is for you.” The flowers are now into the right owner’s arms. Baekhyun was a little bit confused about the situation.

Byul just smiles “There’s a card for you, read it” she told. As instructed, Baekhyun hand reached the blue coloured card inside the flowers.

Hope we could know more about each other – kim jongdae

Baekhyun chuckles and looks at his boss. The lady just nodded “I think he is interested in you. I give it a shot if I were you” said Byul, trying to clear the way for her friend.

“Thank you, noona” said Baekhyun before putting back the flowers on the table. “But, I don’t think I’m not ready for another relationship right now” he looks down.

Byul wasn’t flustered but from the man expression, she knows Baekhyun is keeping something hurtful inside him. “Are you okay, Baekhyun-ah?” asked the concerned lady.

Baekhyun kept looking down while his fingers are nibbling his shirt. The man looks nervous and scared. There must have been something wrong.

 

“I may looked cheerful but there’s a slight pain inside of me that I couldn’t fix” said Baekhyun to Byul as they both sat down to talk. The man has no one else in this world besides himself.

“… and why is that?” asked Byul staring at the petite man in front of him.

 

One day as he arrived home from school, his father was home and the old man was drunk. Baekhyun quickly walks passed the old to go into his room.

“Drunk again, ” he cursed as he loosens his school tie. As he throws himself onto the bed, the door of his bedroom was opened with a bang. The door hits the wall.

An automatic reaction, Baekhyun gets up. He saw his father was at the door smirking his way in. He quickly moved himself to the corner of the bed.

Baekhyun hates it when his dad in his drunk state. He would hit and kick him hard. “Baekhyun-ah” his father used his soft voice. Baekhyun was a bit shock but he lifted his head to look at his father.

“A-Appa?” he looked at the man with curiosity. The man was looking at him lovingly and his touch sent shivers to Baekhyun’s body. The old man moved closer to his son and pushed the son to lie on the bed.

“Appa, what are you doing?” Baekhyun was dumbfounded. The man crawls on him and his expression turns lustful. As Baekhyun got to grasp the situation, he quickly tried to move away.

 

Byul looked at Baekhyun when the boy stopped talking. His hand squeezes the pregnant lady’s hand. “Yah, it’s okay…” said Byul, squeezing the petite man’s hand to give all of her strength.

“My father was too strong” he continues.

 

The pain that he feels right now is for both physically and emotionally. “A-Appa… stops…” he begged. Baekhyun hands squeezing the sheets, his tears are flowing non-stop.

“M-Mom…” he cried more, he feels about to faint. As his eyes are closing he heard someone’s shouting before things turned completely dark.

 

As a soon to be mother, Byul’s tears fall down and she wipes it away. Baekhyun’s eyes are teary. For a petite man that use smile as a shield, he was quite strong.

“I woke up at the hospital, my dad was caught and in jail” told Baekhyun and smiles a bit relieved. “My mom was beside me, holding my hand tight that time” he added.

“But, she couldn’t stop saying sorry” Baekhyun down “I said it’s okay but it was not enough for her” he squeezed the lady’s hand again.

 

Baekhyun has become an orphan at such a young age. He used to the word ‘individualism’ so he never thought of excepting someone else in his life especially men.

 “So, if you really love him. Prove him your sincerity” told Byul to Jongdae who was listening without questioning anything. “…and if you are not sincere, please let him go” she added.

 

Jongdae was in a deep thought. “Was I sincere? I never felt this way before towards people” he mumbles alone.

 

“Mum, why are you buying groceries in a large quantity?” asked Jongin while looking around the supermarket. He followed his Mrs. Kim closely from the back.

Mrs. Kim is busy reading the list of ingredients she wants to buy. The cart was in Jongin’s hands, the man pushed the almost full 4 wheeled carts slowly.

“Oh, Luhan and Yifan will come over for dinner tonight” Mrs. Kim answered while reaching for the chicken and put it into the cart. Jongin furrowed his eyebrows.

“What for?” he blinks, looking at his mother with a blank expression. Were his two brothers finally decided to get married? He wonders. Mrs. Kim grins “Just an invite from yours truly” she pointed at herself with a slight grin.

Jongin sighs “Are you trying to remind me that I’m lonely?” he pouted. The mother chuckles before patting the other’s shoulder. “It’s okay, Jongdae could be your partner for tonight” she smiles mockingly.

The son scoffed before rolling his eyes. “Daedae-hyung also has someone he liked now” he blurted out. Mrs. Kim gasps dramatically “WHAT? WHO? WHY AM I NOT INFORMED OF THIS?” she lifted an eyebrow and crosses her arms.

“Oops” Jongin covered his mouth before pushing the cart quickly. “I’m so dead” he whispered.

 

As now the mother were informed at the existence of Jongdae’s crush. The brothers were called for an emergency meeting at their living room.

Minseok arrived the earliest and he saw Jongin was at the couch looking down. His legs were shaky “What did you do, Kim Jongin?” asked the eldest as he sat on the couch.

The mother was not at the living room. She went to change her clothes after asking Jongin not to say anything. Jongin shakes his head and Minseok face-palmed himself.

Joonmyeon comes in and silently sat on the couch followed by Jongdae. The third sat beside ‘the silent’ Jongin. As the other felt more nervous now, Jongdae is close to strangle him to death.

“What did Jongin do?” asked Joonmyeon. Minseok shrugs “I think he was forbidden to say anything” he assumed while looking at the nervous man in front of him.

The father finally arrived and sat at his couch and right after that Mrs. Kim makes her way down to the living room.

 

Silence filled the room as they wait for the lady of the house speaks. “So, Kim Jongdae” Mrs. Kim started to speak. Like an army, Jongdae sat straight “Yes mom!” he glances at Mrs. Kim.

The lady calmly leans on the couch with her arms and legs crossed. She was staring at Jongdae. “Do you have anything to tell us?” she lifted an eyebrow.

Jongdae furrowed his eyebrows before looking at his brothers, feeling a little bit confused. Minseok and Joonmyeon replied with shrugs while Jongin was still looking like a living statue.

“What do you mean, my lovely, pretty mother” he coated the sentence with some sweets to cool down the lady.


short notes by notshya 

Hello! HAVE YOU SEEN THE TRAILER? Comment down and tell me what you feel about the trailer. So, I have nothing to much besides a little bit angst for Baekhyun. I'm sorry for all of you who felt disgusted u _u Anyways, welcome to the new subscribers! Please comment down and tell me your opinion about the stories. See you guys soon, ta-ta for now :)