[ O N E ]

KIM LEGACY

 chapter one. 

Image result for simple page divider png

The sun shines bright and the ray fills the Kim’s residence. The smell of fresh brewed coffee floats in the air. The head of the family, Kim Woobin is reading the newspaper while enjoying his green tea while the mother, Song Jihyo is busy making breakfast with the maids.

 

“Good morning” the eldest son, Kim Minseok enters the dining hall with his cheeky smile before taking a seat near his father. Mrs. Kim quickly steps out from the kitchen and smiles looking at her eldest son, looking casual in the morning. “Good morning, sweetheart” she place a kiss on the top of his head. She puts his warm cup of coffee on the table.

 

“You look happy today, dad” he smiles at the older male. The father clears his throat and put his newspaper away. From the grin, Minseok knew the old man has checked the stock market. He sips his coffee and Mr. Kim tilted his head.

“How is your business going?” he refers to Minseok’s café business. The young male starts the café from the bottom but his father did become the financial support. “It is well and I’m planning to open a new branch soon!” Minseok informed. He reaches for his coffee and sips. The mother gasps “Omo! My son is getting more successful” she claps her hands like a seal.

Minseok chuckles, his mother reaction makes his heart ease a little while he glances at Mr. Kim’s expression. The old man is giving a proud smile before the male reach out his arm and pats the young male at the back. “You’ve done splendid!” he complimented.

Kim Woobin, the CEO of the Kim Group and owns many types of franchises. He marries Song Jihyo, an ex-model and now a full-time housewife after dating the lady for years. She stops modelling after giving birth to the fourth son as her husband claimed that she was getting fat.

Their first born was named, Kim Minseok. Despite being short, the guy is the epitome of being cute and handsome at the same time. After graduated with a business degree, his father let him took a barista license and from there Kim group opened another type of franchise which is café.

“To celebrate, how about I cook your favourite food for lunch?” Mrs. Kim suggested. Minseok eyes almost pop out of its socket “Really?” his mind starts to think of every food that he craves the most. The mother chuckles “Yes and you don’t have to think about it. I’ll cook everything you like and I will also make sure all your brothers are here for lunch. They need to know this happy news too” said the mother.

“Okay, it’s a deal!” now Minseok could not wait for lunch. It’s been a while since he met all of his brothers at the same time. All of them are busy with their own lives. Mrs. Kim sighs “Ever since I marry your father the word ‘deal’, ‘stock’ and ‘rivals’ are like a pain in my eyes” she mumbles. The two males look at each other and laughs.

“So, I heard you’re close friends with Mrs. Lee lately” Minseok changes the subject. Then, it started. Mrs. Kim talks non-stop about her new charity event she planned out with her friends. “I wished all my boys including you, Mr. Busy--holic” she stares at her workaholic husband, Woobin. “To come!” she exclaims and forms a meaningful smile.

Minseok nods, “I’ll try to make it” he smiled. The sound of the car outside pause their little conversations on Minseok sponsoring beverages for the event. Mrs. Kim lips draws a small smile “Oh, that must be our Myeonie” she cheers before running to the door. Mr. Kim and Minseok exchanges glance before shaking their heads.

“Joonmyeon has been busy lately so she must be missing him” said the father. Minseok nodded, not just the mother. He also wonders where the blonde male has gone missing for past few days.

Kim Joonmyeon is the second oldest of the Kims. He is the founder of JM Hotel, the finest 5-star hotel and resort in South Korea. As he always was acknowledged to be the smartest in the family, Joonmyeon went to the university and challenged the double degree major in Business and Tourism and Hospitality Management, as expected he eased the challenge.

As soon as he enters the house, the mother greets him at door. She gasps dramatically. He rubs his eyes and yawns like a lion, “What’s wrong, mom?” he asked. “How many days have you been working non-stop?” she asked.

Joonmyeon is workaholic that sometimes makes his mom worried. “Look at your eye-bags! They are worse than Minseok fat bellies folded in half!” she exclaimed.

“MOM!” Minseok shouted from the dining table. The father laughs, Joonmyeon snickers as he has only little energy left to stay alive. “HONEY, I TOLD YOU. IT LOOKS CUTE!” she shouted back. Minseok pouts.

“Sorry mom, since the holiday is coming. We’re busy with some planning for the upcoming clients” he explains and yawns again. “Today, you and I will go to my favourite spa and have a relaxing massage” said the mother, ignoring Joonmyeon tired expression. She then pulls the son to the dining table “Now, let’s eat” said the mother and he obliged.

At the dining table, Minseok greets him with a mocking smile. He knows that the last thing that the younger male wants right now is food but as a good son, none of them ever go against their parents’ wishes. Mr. Kim looks at him with apologetic smile and Joonmyeon just flashes his tired smile. “Eat a lot!” she began to fill Joonmyeon plate, ignoring the latter’s weak gestures.

“Good morning~~” the third son chirps while walking to the dining table. “Morning, Jongdae” said Minseok. Joonmyeon covers his ears as Jongdae’s voice would the last thing he wants to hear when he’s having a headache.

Kim Jongdae, the third of the Kims and the nosiest one in the Kim family. However, he has a great voice when it comes to singing. He owns Thunder Entertainment and produces a lot of great artists. Like INFINITE and BTS.

Jongdae noticed Joonmyeon annoyed expression and pokes Minseok’s waist. “What’s wrong with Jun-hyung?” he pointed at the male who stares at his food instead of eating it. Minseok smirks “The usual” he answers and gulps his last sip of coffee before getting up. Jongdae nodded as he understands it well, “Cranky Myeon” he half-whispers which leads to a death-glare from Joonmyeon.

“I mean, morning hyung!” he grins before taking Minseok’s seat. The older male is going to his workplace. The main branch is in Garosugil, it’s not far but traffic makes it longer for him to reach the place. “Are you going to work today?” he looks at Joonmyeon. The blonde male shrugs, “I’m not sure yet, why?” he replies the gaze. Minseok smiles, “Nothing” he wears his jacket “Mom, I’m going first” he walks to the mother.

“Don’t forget about today” she reminded. Minseok hugs her firmly, “How could I?” he smiles. He bows to his father and the father pats his shoulder. “Goodluck” he grips the shoulder. It’s an everyday routine for everyone ever since they were still kids. “What about today?” asks Joonmyeon. Jongdae nods “I thought we have no occasion for today” he munches his food while talking. The mother shakes her head while wiping the 25 year old man mouth.

The lovely scene is ruined by the sound of heavy footsteps coming down the stairs. Then, Jongin voice fills the room. “, I’m late I’m late I’m late” he mumbles while wearing his watch. He looks casual with his jeans and white shirt. He jumps down from the stairs before noticing all eyes are on him. They are staring at him as if they just see a ghost.

He furrowed his eyebrows; he glances to his back and back to his family. “What?” he exclaimed while the other gasps. Jongdae keeps blinking “OH MY, IT’S REALLY HUMAN!” he exclaimed while Joonmyeon rubs his tired eyes. He can’t believe his eyes, is Kim Jongin gets up early by himself? He needs sleep, that’s it.

Minseok looks at his watch. He then looks at the youngest “Jongin, it’s not 12 p.m. yet” he told. Jongin scoffed, feeling offended. He looks at his mom, “Mom, the hyungs are bullying me” he hopes for some mercy from his mom. However, the mother is not on his side. “Your hyung is right, it’s not even 12 yet” she nods.

“I’m going then dramatic people” he rolls his eyes and walks to the door. The mother then came to realisation. “No, I mean. Jonginnie- come here” she runs to the youngest. She stops the male and leads him back to the dining room.

“Wow, the sky is falling” said Minseok, he keeps wanting to tease the youngest. Jongin glares with a pout. “Aren’t you about to leave, Minseokie?” told the mother. Minseok laughs and waves as he walks to the door. “Oh! I just remembered!” Jongin slaps his forehead “I need to go now, I’m late” he told the mother “Hyung, can you drop me somewhere” he looks at Minseok.

The eldest furrows his eyebrows. “I thought you’re in your semester’s break” Minseok tries to remember. He remembered last night Jongin almost tell the whole world that he’s free.

Kim Jongin, the maknae of the Kim brothers. He is known as the golden maknae since he doesn’t have any dream. He works with Minseok as a waiter when he wants extra money for games, he becomes the bell boy at Joonmyeon’s hotel when he wants some support to back him up on some things and he is a paid choreographer at Thunder Entertainment. He’s also works as Host at one of the club in Gangnam, he is someone who couldn’t do nothing that’s why his family let him have fun at the club.

Jongin grins before scratching his head. “I forgot to tell you guys. Didn’t I?” he watches everyone’s confused expression and takes a few steps back far from his mom and not close enough to Minseok. He inhales a deep breath before he utters the cursed sentence.

Everyone looks at him curiously, trying not to question his weird gestures. “I was accepted to work as a part-timer at the 24 hours convenience shop” his covers his ears and closes his eyes to avoid seeing the face of his family. The others starts to load the statement before they shouted “WHAT!?!?!!?!?!” altogether. Their voices echoed in the mansion.

Jongin heaved a sigh “I knew it” he mumbled.

KIMTHERULE #1 NO ONE WORKS AS A PART TIMER OR WITH OTHER COMPANY!

 


short notes by notshya 

Greetings! welcome to my new story "kim legacy" and really appreaciate it if you comment down below to tell me your opinion on the sorry. People learn from mistakes so feel free to comment or advice me on anything. Thank you, please anticipate for the next chapter!