EPILOGUE

My Music for You

EPILOGUE

 

 

She had been contemplating on how she has been for the past 7 years. She is now a world famous concert pianist, like her mother. She had tours all over the world, after finishing her school at Julliard. She accepted all the concerts that she was offered. She performed every time she was asked. Through that, with her exceptional skills, she became famous. Her talent has improved monstrously, that she has been awarded numerous awards, she has been featured in TIME magazine as one of the most influential list, as the pianist of the new generation. And she has been crowned by PEOPLE Magazine as one of the most successful people under the age of 25.

 

It has been 7 years since the piano recital. She went back to her old town after her 2nd World tour, with the S Philharmonic Orchestra; it was her first time to come to this town after 7 years. She stays at an apartment that she’s renting by herself, she wanted to stay somewhere near her old home but she liked her independence, Hence the rent.

 

Yoochun is running around the grocery as it was only a few minutes ‘til closing time, literally. Oh... the price of taking a part time job as a piano teacher to little boys at a local music shop, teaching as a professor at Seoul University, and a resident song writer for an agency. It takes too much of his time. Also, time took a toll on him. Though, he’s gifted to have a baby face, still, you can see that age has hit him.

He sighed as he took a can of button mushrooms from the aisle. HE opted to cook his dinner every day for he thought it would be cheaper and healthier. He jogged his way thru the pasta section and fetched himself a bag of spaghetti. Soon he has all the ingredients he needed for spaghetti and meatballs. He went to the counter and paid off his grocery. He stopped by his favorite coffee shop to buy some roasted coffee beans and some éclairs to munch on the road, as he is having cold clammy skin due to hunger.

He was walking along the road busy checking out the éclairs he just bought from the coffee shop while juggling the 2 heavy bags of grocery that he just bought. [a/n: you can just imagine how he looked like.. :D] and then he felt a jolt. He jerked back at the impact and his bag of éclairs fell.

 

 Minhee was also from the grocery, she was walking along the street near a local coffee shop. Where she decided to hang out before she takes an all night practice for her homecoming concert with the S Philharmonic Orchestra. She had a chic black Louis Vuitton backpack securely strapped behind her. While she held the grocery bag on her left hand. And then she felt a vibration from her backpack. It was her phone. 

 

Still walking she swung her bag in front of her and hustled thru it as she tried to get her phone. She successfully got her phone and took it out to answer the incoming call when she crashed onto something… rather… someone. She jerked back.

 

She looked up.

 

And then… she saw him.

 

He looked up.

 

And then… he saw her.

 

His world STOPPED.

 

Her world HALTED.

 

Her heart began to race.

 

His heart pounded through his ribcage. 

 

The phone in her hand stopped vibrating. That brought her back to reality. She blinked twice, three times even more. She looked at her phone and then to the person in front of her.

 

“A-are y-you OK?” Yoochun asked stuttering.

 

“I’m fine.” Minhee immediately replied. She looked down on the ground and saw that he had dropped some of his things, the coffee beans and the bag of éclairs. She crouched to get the objects from the ground, and handed it back to him. “Good thing these were secured in the bag.” She mused at him. “It was nice meeting you again… Oppa.” His eyes grew wide.

 

OPPA.

 

His lips formed to a smile. She walked passed by him. Her heart still beating fast. And then, she felt a hand grab her forearm. She gasped and crashed to his chest. She felt his arms around her, growing tighter and tighter. “I waited, Minhee… I waited.” He whispered to her ear. A smile formed on her lips and leaned upward and gave him a peck on the cheeks. 

 

~FIN