END

My Music for You

They walked to the stage, with her arm hooked on his; they reached her piano bench, signalling the center of the stage. So, they bowed to the audience. A round of applause came. He helped her take her piano bench and waited ‘til she’s completely seated. She looked at him as he walked to his side of the stage. His eyes met hers when he turned to sit on his bench. Both took a deep breath and signalled to begin the piece.

 

The piece, "PAS DE DEUX" by Barber [a/n: this is  PAS DE DEUX http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9OaTiuqjRk&feature=related]

 

They began to play the sweet music. Their eyes never left each other’s eyes, every emotion that they are feeling were expressed thru the music that they created. Hearts, minds and souls are connected. Every word left unspoken was said by each and every note pressed on their pianos. If love making is in music form, that is what they are doing. Each crescendo that they reached, both are saying how their love for each other is, so deep that words alone could not express.

 

The last part of the piece came; she couldn’t hold her emotions anymore. She poured her heart out of the man she loved on the stage. Still looking through his eyes, never taking hers from his, her eyes began to well up; her tears forming.

 

Without knowing, the piece is almost ending, she did not want it to end. She never wanted to end their musical dance. She hoped not to end the piece, but, she couldn’t. Every piece has to end. She felt as though if she continued to play this beautiful music with him, they will stay like that, together, forever, and it will say how deep her love is for the man opposite her. She felt hopeless, her tears began to fall, and her tears were like tap left open, flowing to her cheeks down to the piano keys.

 

He looked at her with full of concern, he too, tears are b. They played the last set of notes. For the first time since they began to play, she took her eyes away from his, and closed them. She felt her warm tears fall against her cold cheeks, as she pressed the final note. She carefully lifted her hands from the white keys. She turned her head and looked back at him. Her cheeks tear stained, her eyes red. She breathed heavily. She looked at him once more. She took in a mental picture of how he looked at the moment. His usual ever smiling face is not present, all she could see are his eyes, red, swollen, and seems full of pain. Pain that is coming from his heart.

 

This piece is their goodbye.

 

Emotions that were kept were all released, from that moment on. Tears again fell from her eyes.

 

Silence filled the hall. The audience is at awe. Then, one brave soul stood up and screamed, “BRAVO!” and a round of thunder claps came booming, screams from the audience were heard, they were given a standing ovation. Some members of the audience were also at tears applauding them. They never heard such beautiful music played, such a heart felt emotional performance.

 

Both still in their seats, sitting on the piano bench, in their own world, they just looked at each other endlessly, with tears in their eyes the two of them connected in their own worlds and nothing else. Both submerged in an emotional trance. They did not hear anything, no applause, no screams no Bravos, no audience members in tears, JUST THE TWO OF THEM, and no one else. They are in their own oblivion.

 

The host of the recital walked center stage and touched Yoochun’s shoulder. That broke their trance.

 

Yoochun immediately stood up, and walked to Minhee’s side and took his hand out to her, she held his hands, and helped her face up, her face lit up at the sight of his eye smile. She was standing up when Yoochun showed her off to the audience. He screamed her name, “KIM MINHEE!!!” Applause came again; she smiled, as tears again fell through her face. And with that, they both bowed to their audience. That was the end of their performance.

 

Everybody left, she asked her parents to go on ahead without her, as she told them that she would have a word with her teacher, before she leaves for Julliard.

 

“Oppa.” She called him as usual.

 

He turned around leaving what he was doing. He knew they would speak to each other once their performance would end.

 

“Great show Minhee. Great show. You were great as usual.” He praised her.

“You too Oppa. You were better than me.” She praised him back.

“Nah… “ He shook his head. “You’re the star of our performance.” He continued.

“You were too.” She replied.

“I just would like to thank you Oppa… For everything.” She came closer to him, and wrapped her arms around his body and rested her cheeks upon his chest. She felt his body tensed up with her actions, but soon, he too wrapped his arms around her as well.

 

With her in his arms he felt like a complete puzzle, he felt light, he felt happy, and he felt complete. HE closed his eyes, taking in a memory of her. The scent of her perfume, her feel against him, the moment, what she was saying, everything, he took in every single memory that he could make.

 

“Thank you for being there… for being a friend, for teaching me, for keeping up with my usual cold self. For just being you to me. And… for teaching me what love is, Thank you.” She mustered all of the courage that she had and leaned up, and kissed him on his lips.

 

He was startled with her sudden action. His eyes widened. He was thinking of kissing her back, but he went juggling from yes to no… then, soon when he gained the courage to kiss her back, she pulled away and whispered to his ears. 

 

“Oppa, I will always love you. Will you wait for me?” She uttered. “Goodbye.” And then, just like that, she pulled away and left. He let out a gasp when she left his arms. She ran away. He wanted to run to her and wrap his arms around her and stay like that, forever. But all he did is just watch her silhouette vanish and whispered and touched his lips, her lips still lingering through his, “I will Minhee, I will. This is not Goodbye love, until we meet again. Until we meet again.” 

 

 

~fin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~