06- HIM

CHANCES

"What's with that face?" He asked worryingly. I glanced at the clock that hung directly behind him before replying.

"My mom won't be happy if she found out about this" I pushed forward the bowl infront of me and crossed my arms on my chest, glaring at him intensely.

"Unfortunately, she didn't..." He smirked and slide the bowl back to its previous position. I ignored him and look outside the glass window.

"You still owe me from that night.." I wiggled my eyebrows and placed my right palm forward. He sighed and looked away before standing up from his position.

"Fine, if you said so..." He walked out of the cafe as I followed behind him like a lost puppy. I can't believe that I've been spending half of my day with him and finally realized when the sky was getting darker.

"Walk next to me.." He told me. I couldn't make up his expression, his tone was blunt. I opted to remain silent for the whole walk. I fasten my pace and walk beside him when we passed through a desolated alley. The bus stop was busy with all the people, going back from work and others. We didn't wait for long when the bus arrived after a few minutes later and a tug of war was created.

"There's no way that we'll survived through that" he scoffed, pointing at the crowd. They're pushing and pulling just to get on the bus, and we end up just the two of us left at the bus stop.

I took a seat next to him on the bench and leaned against the billboard. My energy has worn out from walking all day long.

"What now?" I looked at him for a relevant answer and was suggested for a cab.

"Any cheaper thoughts?" I rolled my eyes and cupped my face in frustration.

"I'll pay for it" He murmured, scratching the back of his head in annoyance. He walked away from the sidewalk and waved his hand towards an upcoming cab.

The driver stopped and rolled down the window before letting us in after a few words. It was dark in the cab and I stole some glances at him after a suffocating silence. We might be spending our time together but I'd still haven't fully observed or asked any bits about him.

"Is Zico your real name?" I broke the silence and turned my head to face him.

"I'm not in the mood for any of your Q&A session.." He spat, still looking away from me. I clenched my hands in disbelief.

"You're an !" I retorted and slumped my back against the cushion.

"That's what I've been thinking about you.." He groaned, still looking outside the window. It felt like a heavy slap on my face.

"Then, don't come and search for me ever again!" If I'm not in this situation, I'll immediately get the out of the cab cause being under the same roof with him will drive me crazier for every second.

I didn't wait any longer to get out of the taxi after arriving at the restaurant . I slammed the door shut before he could follow me again. My thought was wrong when he pulled me away just before my entrance into the restaurant.

"Let me go or I'll scream the out.." I demanded him and he let his arms fall to his side.

"Look, I'm sorry okay!" He shouted and received some glares from the passersby. I looked at him and his eyes was softer than before, like they're pleading for forgiveness.

"Goodnight Zico" I leaved him hanging and head straight towards the restaurant. I could see that Yixing was drench in sweat and I can't help myself from enjoying his sorrow. I stormed into the front door and hurried my self to deliver some orders.

"Where in the world have you been to, you lazy ?!" My mom asked with her hands on her waist. I smiled and rushed out of the kitchen with a hand full of orders. Yixing smirked passed me and I knew that he'll definitely playing a detective at home.


 

"Is that it?" He sniggered and laid on my bed. I walked and grabbed my pajamas from the wardrobe before throwing them towards him.

"What are you expecting?" He dodge and laughed out loud at my attempt on hurting him.

"Heol, in that case, you're an absolute " he turned to where I'm standing and pillowed his head with his left arm.

"I don't have enough middle finger to give a about him" I bursted and walk into the bathroom, stripping from the smelly uniform.

"Yah,Jiae...he just happened to be in the wrong place and timing and yet you're blaming him for everything..does it sound right to you?" His voice echoed around the room so I could clearly heard him from the bathroom.

"Ofcourse not, but his attitude is a lot worst than you are!" I screamed back at him and stomped my feet in anger, to think about him in the cab.

"Well, that's not so bad..." I heard him murmured through his thin lips. I turn off the shower and wrapped my body in a towel along with a small one for my hair after a soothing bath. I walked out of the bathroom and saw Yixing had fallen asleep on my bed.

I walked towards him slowly to pick up my pajamas without bothering him. I dressed myself in a light pink pajamas when nudging him to wake up.

"Get out of my room before your stinky scent filled this whole room." He got up and dragged his feet to the door.

"Yah Jang Jiae..." He called,in a deadly serious tone. He remain silent, facing the door with his hand on the knob.

"What? " I looked at myself in confusion while rubbing my skin with an organic oil from Busan.

"Stop being mean, cause an is enough" his laugh echoed through the hallway when he snickered out from my room. I head downstairs to clear my throat with a cup of Chinese tea after some pampering was done.

I walked casually to the stairs before hearing my mom was up on a conversation. I tiptoed my way done and slowly approaching our living room.

"I'm not gonna let you ruin her life again!" She sounded very threatening. I hid behind the wall between the dining and the living room.

"You claimed yourself as her father?" she said through gritted teeth. I hurried to the kitchen and pretend to grab a cup in the upper cabinet when she cut off the conversation by throwing her phone on the sofa.

"You're up?" She asked, grabbing a glass beside the sink.

"Yea,my throat's hurting" I cleared my throat and tried to calm my crazy heartbeat. I felt like her conversation was about me and she's hiding something. I finished my tea and washed the cup in the sink before going back to my room.

"Don't disappear like that again..." My mom hugged me before planting a soft kiss on my forehead. My tiny little heart beats nervously on the fact that my real father could be on the other side of their conversation.

I stared at the ceiling for the whole night, thinking about it. This is unlikely for me to care bout some silly conversation,but her words and tones was different and somehow its bothering me to ignore. I squirmed on the bed until my eyes doze off till the morning.