5: AN ICE CREAM WON'T HURT RIGHT?

CHANCES

"Yah, don't make me come back here again, or you might have to swim your way out of the bed"

He shook me hard and gave up a few minutes later. My body was overly attached to the bed since yesterday. Yixing was being overly dramatic when he's the heaviest sleeper in this house.

"JIAEEEE!!!"

There he went again. I forced myself out of the bed and dragged my feet to the bathroom. Anyway,It's too cold to take a shower. My eyes were half opened and I kept on yawning for every minutes. I head downstairs when everything's perfectly done.

"Morning Mrs Zhang!"
"Good morning, Miss Jiae"

I walked to the kitchen to greet and help my mom to prepare the breakfast. My mom is a morning type of person. So, she's always be the only one to prepare the foods and stuff on the table.

"Where's Yixing?"
"That lazy is probably lying back again on his bed"
"Heol...look who's talking, Miss KnowItAll"

Arrrrrgh, I hate losing to him every time. He walked down the stairs with his famous smirking face. Euwwww, I sticked my tongue out and quickly moved away from his direction. Or else, I might end up receiving some of his .

"Guys, your dad is coming home!!"
"W-what?"
"For a visit or living?"

We both turned towards my mom and wait eagerly for her answer. Our dad is a businessman, on an average level. He's quite a busy man and currently living in the Big Apple.

"I'm sorry,but... he's staying for a week"

Our face naturally turned sour and we're definitely way more silent than before. It's crazy that we turned completely into a child when it comes to him.

"Hey, at least he's staying longer than before,"

My mom grabbed our hands and caressed them softly. The mood did change drastically when Yixing stole one of my pancakes. Luckily, we managed to finished our breakfast without a tiny drop of blood.

 


 

The restaurant was quiet ease on the lunch hour. There's only a few of them in the restaurant. Thank God, for the leisure he'd granted. The moment I'd became grateful, the door was pulled away. KRING...

"JIAE!"

I walked to the front to see that guy from yesterday. I ran back to the kitchen and called Yixing along.

"And why the hell am I suppose to help you?"
"Pleaseeeeeee, I'll explain it later"

I told him to serve him and never mentioned anything about me. I peeped on them through the small spaces between the double leaf door.

"Order dude?"

I watched him searching for me with those sneaky eyes. It seems like I've woke up on the wrong side of the bed, he laid his eyes and pointed towards the door where I was hiding before Yixing walked towards me.

"Believe me, he's not buying it"

I ruffled my hair in annoyance and asked him to help. And...the only answer I was getting was a rough pushed from that .

"Seriously Lay?!"

I turned around and stomped my feet towards him. There's only a few existence in the restaurant, or in other words, I'd no excuse to avoid him. I sat across the table and fold my hands together on my chest.

"Wh..."
"Here's the money for the delivery"
"What delivery and how did you ..."
"That night, when you're too busy to care about anything"

I covered my mouth in shocked. What in the world! He's the neighbor? I felt so tiny and like my skin was peeled off slowly infront of him.

"I-l..."
"Shhhhhh"

I covered his mouth and dragged him out of the restaurant. I searched for my mom and turned towards him when there's no sign of her.

"I'm sorry for troubling you... But, thanks for being honest"

I looked at him and smiled sheepishly. He nodded and replied my smile with a slight chuckle. I could sense that he's up to something.

"I'm glad that you're enjoying the real life drama"

I rolled my eyes and pulled the door.

"W-wait, that's not what I meant."
"Ofcourse, I know that"

I walked inside and he's following me like a shadow. I stopped and looked at him for an explanation.

"Let's go for an ice cream?"
"I'm working,Zico-shi"

He looked down at me and then towards my brother that was standing behind the counter. Out of a sudden, he'd already talking to him. I signaled Yixing to say 'no' to everything. However, Yixing's an , he'd always find a way to send me to hell. He waved at me and stuck his tongue out.

"Let's go, we didn't have much time"

He put his arms around my shoulder and forced me out of the restaurant. He's very tall that my face was just beside his armpit. I pulled away from him and walked along to the bus station.

"My mom would kill me if she finds out about this."
"Yea, why not?"

I stopped myself from going any further. I would literally waste my precious time if he's just going to be a douchebag for all day long.

"Thanks a lot,but I'm not in the mood for your stupid ice cream"

I tried to walked away but he was way more ahead from me. He grabbed my wrist and pulled me to walk with him.

"Get your hands off me!"

He looked at me with wide eyes. I was literally screaming at him because I'm sick of all the forcing and pulling that he's been doing. He let go off my hand and looked away from me. We remained silent until a bus arrived and realized that I didn't bring anything along with me.

"Too bad, I didn't bring any money with me"

He grabbed my hand before I could do anything and wait for the door to open.
He paid for both of us and took a seat after the door was closed. I tugged my hands off him again and took the furthest seat from him. The driver gave me a confused look in the mirror.

"May I?"

A middle-aged man asked to seat beside me.

"Y-yea"
"Thank you"

The bus was less crowded since it wasn't a rush hour. I looked out of the window and noticed that the man was staring at me through the reflection. I was hoping that he wasn't that since I'm still an innocent . I kept myself calm and continued to keep an eye on him through the window. His thigh started to brush against mine and his hand was resting on it. I tried to move away from him slowly but there's no more space available. He moved his hand slowly onto my thigh and pressed it gently. I closed my eyes and hope that someone could help me. I was so scared when his hand was traveling towards my lower parts. I wished that Yixing was here to save me. The bus stopped and a hand suddenly grabbed my hand and pulled me on my feet.

"Come here"

We get off the bus and I was shivering in the middle of summer. He pulled me into a hug and caressed my hair carefully like I was made out of glass. I can't hold back my tears and the gross feeling that filled me.

"I'm sorry..."

He muffled through my hair. I sobbed terribly on his chest. I was so ashamed to face him directly. Why did he has to witnessed all my problems? We stayed on that position for a while until I could finally lift my head to look at his face. He wiped my tears with his thumb. I shook my head and turned away from him.

"Feeling better?"

I cupped my face to hold back my tears.

"I can't...I-I'm sorry"
"It's fine, I'll call a cab to take us back"
"N-no, don't..."

He raised his eyebrows and looked around him. He took out his phone and started to do some things. After a while, he reached for my hand and we walked according to his phone's direction. It took us to a rainbow colored ice cream shop. We stood infront of the shop in amusement with our hands still held together.

"Welcome!"

I bowed slightly after him. He asked me to take a seat and he'll took care of the orders.
I looked at him from behind and his figure was perfectly standing infront of the colorful flavored ice cream. There was a bit of cockiness apart from his gentleness. Either way, he's still a stranger to me. He came back with two plates of ice cream and sat across me.

 


 

Hey guys, I'm sorry for the late update but I'll try to upload the next chapter ASAP, 

Do suscribe and asked me anything or voice out your opinion~

Lots of Love from Potato Union~