Chapter 2

I remember a time when his lips were on mine...

~4 days later~

You groaned as you watched the clock count down the seconds ‘til 7:30 ranged through your room. Being as lazy as usual, you turned off the alarm and then proceeded to go back to sleep. Then, your sister opened the door telling you to get up. She scarred the life out of you. You groaned as you walked to the bathroom to brush your teeth. Afterwards, you opened your closet to find your uniform.

“God, how can I ever not find my uniform in the morning? I need to start putting it out more often.” You scratched your head as you found your uniform in the back of your closet. (What are the odds?)

You curled your hair because today was the day that Jungkook and you will be declared as a couple in front of the whole school (at least to your group of friends that is). You had to make sure that you looked absolutely perfect. Once you were done, you grabbed your special lip-gloss and applied it to your lips. You looked back to see that it was already 8:00. You screamed and told your father, who was on his computer in the kitchen, goodbye and went out the door.

“Whew! I made it in. Just in time for first period.” You let out a huge sigh of relief. As soon as you put away your stuff in your locker, the disciplinary teacher caught you and sent you to go get a pink slip. You were so pissed afterwards once you came to class like 15 minutes later. You told myself that you would never get to school late. While you were focusing on the teacher on the blackboard, you received a text message.

Hey, what took you so long? I missed you. <3  

You looked up to see that Jungkook was starring right at you. You managed to send him a reply text while the teacher wasn’t looking.

I’m sure you did and the reason I was late was because I lost track of time. Srry. 😊

You smiled big once you sent it because you never written anything that sweet before. You’d guess you could say that it’s kind of sad but the thing is you never dated anybody before. Throughout the following hour and a half, you guys kept sending each other messages back and forth and you were surprised that the teacher hadn’t caught you guys yet. You blushed a lot during those times and your heart kept on pounding like a hammer against cloth. His every word made you light up inside and it felt really good.

After class, you and Jungkook were heading to lunch. As a couple, you guys tried to hold hands but knowing you’re not used to people starring at you, you kept trying to avoid touching his hand.

“Hey, what’s the matter?” Jungkook was curious as to why you’re not holding his hand. You didn’t answer because you were afraid that he would be upset if he knew that you didn’t want to give attention to yourselves. You suddenly felt like you wanted to cry because the anxiety was coming to you at a very fast pace.

“I’m sorry. I have to go to the bathroom. I’ll be right back. Save my seat for me in the cafeteria.” You hurried as fast as you can to the bathroom (which thank god that it was really close to the cafeteria because you were about to lose it).

You sat down on the toilet, trying to avoid slipping your skirt into the water. Then, you heard noises coming from outside your stall. It was a couple of girls from your class (since you could see them through the tiny gap in the stall.).

“Can you believe what I saw in Mr. Lee’s class this morning in first period?” One of the girls said.

“No, tell me what happened.”

“I overlooked Jungkook’s phone and it looked like he was texting this loser whom I don’t even know” You noticed that the girl was none other than Jungkook’s ex-girlfriend Sunhee-shi.

You were grasping the situation in your head but it was coming to your mind too quickly. You didn’t want to believe it.

“Well why don’t we try to teach this girl a lesson that she’ll never forget.” The two girls were laughing evilly, making your spine tingle all over. 

~20 minutes later~

“Hey, I saved a seat for you like I promised.” Jungkook told you once you came in to the senior side of the cafeteria, worried. Jungkook was quick to notice that you weren’t making direct eye contact with him.

“Is everything alright with you? Something the matter?” You looked up to him and said that you were fine and that nothing was wrong with you. But, you were looking around to see if the girls were here; searching for you. But, no avail. So, you relaxed a little.

Then, while you were sipping on your chocolate milk, Jungkook immediately stood up from his chair and went over to the entrance and ranged the lunch bell with great intensity. Everyone looked at him while he was about to say something.

“Ladies and gentlemen attending this very elite school called ‘Hwak-yeon high school ‘, I am very honored to say that I have found myself “the one”” Jungkook kept going on with his speech and you knew that this speech is about you becoming his girlfriend.

“Come here, sweetie” He took you by the hand and introduced yourself awkwardly to the crowd. “She’s the one folks and I want to be with her ‘til the day I die.” What Jungkook said was the most touching words you’ve heard from him. You wanted to cry joyfully but there was people who gave you a nasty look and you crying in front of them sill make it worse. You held it in.

“Thanks so much for listening and have a good rest of the day” Jungkook bowed and you guys went back to the table.

~After School~

School was over for the day and you had to go to anime club and Jungkook looked sad. He didn’t want to let you go but he also has basketball practice to go to so you guys went your separate ways. You were heading to your locker when all of a sudden your mouth was covered by a hand and went somewhere.

They led you to the back of the school where the dumpsters were and violently set you down on the foul trash bags.

“Tie that up!” That voice sounded familiar to you and looked up to see that it was none other than Sunhee and her possy.

“Oh! You’re the who’s been texting my man during Mr. Lee’s class huh?” You didn’t want to cause a fight between you two and plus you’re the type who doesn’t want anything to do with anybody. You wanted to survive the rest of high school without any interference.

You answered, “Yeah I am the who’s been texting your man. But he’s not your man; he’s my man. So you stay away from him.” You didn’t know that you had that spark of energy in you but you were happy that it came at a good time.

“Oh really!? Do you really want me to stay away from him forever and let the two of you live happily forever after! Well guess again !” With that she punched you and the rest of her gang followed. You called for help but there was no one around and you felt totally defeated. You tried hitting them too but they were coming all at once and you were always missing. There was no hope in surviving this. You should’ve stayed away from Jungkook from the very beginning but you didn’t know he took an interest in you ‘til he confessed to you and you guys shared your first kiss. You made a really big mistake.