Chapter 1

I remember a time when his lips were on mine...

You remember a time when his lips were on yours. It was spring. The flowers never looked so beautiful and the sky never looked so much bluer. You turned your head over to his. His eyes were focused only on yours, his lightly red-shaded lips were coming closer, and the smell of masculinity filled up your nostrils. Then it happened. The perfect way to end the day was by the sweet taste of his lips.

“Wow that was amazing! I’ve never felt anything like this!” You told him.

~Earlier that day~

He wanted to be cool about asking you out during class (when is he ever not cool at school). Math class to be exact, he got up, walked up to your desk while you were gathering your things and heard what sounded like a “Will you go out with me (insert name here)?” ringing through your ears. You got up immediately to hear what you heard was true and that it was not an illusion.

“Excuse me, What did you just say?! Say it again please? Sorry I wasn’t paying attention.” You polietly asked. 

He repeated and shouted, “(insert name here) WILL YOU GO OUT WITH ME?” His plea echoed through the entire classroom and out towards the hallway. 

You panicked and anxiously looked to see that everyone, who was preparing to leave and the people outside in the hallway, heard what this guy, Jeon Jungkook declared to you out loud. You suddenly became speechless and knew your face turned bright red. 

“W-What? Go out with you? Are you nuts or something? Why would you, the most popular boy in school, go out with a girl like me?” You quickly rushed out the door to get to your next class, without talking more to Jungkook about what happened. Then, suddenly your wrist was being pulled back by his hand towards him. His expression was serious, so you knew right away what he was about to say was real. 

“I’m not playing around here! Do you think this is some sort of joke to you?! I became infatuated with you since junior high and this is your reaction?!” Jungkook started going off. You immediately took his hand to the empty classroom next door to talk more about this matter, privately.

You kept telling him you’ve never even gave it a thought that Jungkook, the popular kid, would even dare be interested in you. Why in the world he would have a crush on you since back then. Back then, you weren’t exactly a “catch”, according to all the boys that would brush you off whenever you attempted to ask them to accompany you to a majority of the middle school dances. Eventually, you gave in to his willingness by actually saying “yes” so he won’t embarrass you in front of the whole school again. You had enough embarrassing moments in your life already but, we’ll get to that later.

“Okay. Then I’ll pick you up at 8:00 baby.” Jungkook waved to you while you mouthed off the words “Don’t call me baby!” and walked to your next class; without turning back to see him looking so cheerful about you agreeing to the date.

You skipped anime club and went straight home. As soon as you got there, you walked straight up the staircase, to your room, and leaped to your bed. Your arms covered your eyes as the confession repeated through your mind.

“Aww, why would he say something like that to me? I’m not even that pretty. I mean I never would have thought that he was that interested in me. Ahhh!” You groaned while you smothed yourself into your pillow.

You kept thinking to yourself that you might be late, you looked over at your clock. It read 3:10. Good, I still have plenty of time to think that this supposed date might be a trap to humiliate me, again. Also, a complete waste of time on my part.

~a few hours later~

“Oh, gosh! Is it that late already! Damn!” You looked over at your clock again. Apparently you fell asleep and you hadn’t realized it ‘til your apparent dream you’ve had where you were running late to your date and Jungkook didn’t like you anymore. Pretty much the shock woke you up.

The clock read 7:40. You hurried to get your hair done and to find an outfit quickly. But, luckily you knew that this wasn’t the first time you did something like this. Thankfully, you already picked an outfit right before you dozed off. You ended up wearing a simple light pink dress, all completely laced up and tied up with a bow just a few shades darker on the waist to match. A few minutes later, your older sister came home from work. She knew about this date since you texted her right before you slept. She went up to your room and told you to close your eyes.

“Okay, open them” she told you.

You opened them up to see a pair of really nice sandals.

“Omg sis, I totally love them. Where did you get them?”

“My closet.”

“And you’ve been hiding them from me this whole time! Well, I would’ve known that. I’ve been going to your closet for years when you weren’t home and I’ve never found these. But, this is really something sis.” You nervously chucked when you saw your sister was getting pissed. But, you didn’t want to have your outfit ruined before your date. 

“Try to have a good time, okay. Remember don’t fall in love when you know that he’s truly the ‘one’. You'll realize this when he actually cares about you and wants you around in his life and him in yours...”Your sister kept rambling on but, you were smart enough to know all those things. Mainly, from watching how your parents are with each other and how their love made you really want to have it, to search for it.

You gave her a big, tight hug, “Thanks, for everything. I love you.” You gave her a wave goodbye and went on your way.

You waited outside for Jungkook to pick you up. The sun was beginning to set down; making the sky appear as it was a colored canvas. That moment made you listen to BTS “Just one day.” You singed the lyrics although you don’t know Korean that well, but that’s what made it even more fun. That’s where you heard a voice.

“Did you wait long?” Knowing that you get scared easily with pretty much any noise, you screamed. That scream made Jungkook jump.

“Omg! Don’t scare me like that I was only saying that we should get going before it gets too dark. It’s not like I was a ert or anything.”

“Well, anything can happen in this neighborhood.” When you said that, you both started laughing. 

"For someone who isn't into this date, you sure are dressed for the occasion." Jungkook remarked on how you instantly forgot that to you, this is for sure not a date. But, you did wanted to look the part for once in your life. 

“Well, shall we go then?” Jungkook reached out his hand, leading you to his car. You thanked him before he closed the door, still embarrassed about what he said about your outfit. The car ride to you seemed like forever to get to wherever this place was.

  Inside the car, you could feel the tension between the two of you. Of course, it would be awkward. This is the first time you've ever been alone with anybody, especially a boy. As far back as you could remember, you never had the oppotunity to do things independently. Your parents were always overprotecting you. So, this is the one time that I was ever alone, with him. Trying to calm yourself down, you looked towards the window. Seeing all the different kinds of buildings that were passing by, each one of them looked as though a whole lot of people come to these places. It was working. Soon, you drifted off into a deep sleep. 

“Were here!” Jungkook announced. He startled you from your slumber, not realizing that you've already arrived. At first, what you saw was merely nothing. 

This is it! This is what you've brought me to! A desolate wasteland of all places! I knew you were planning something to humiliate me, you bastard!

Before you were going to tell Jungkook off for taking you somewhere bleak, he explained. "This isn't the place though. There's more up this hill here." You didn't know what to expect until you got to the very top of the hill. Your eyes became widened with the sight of this place. This park was the kind of place that is beyond anyone's dreams. You rubbed your eyes to make sure that what you saw was real. Surrounding trees filled with cherry blossoms covering a sitting area that overlooked the sea. 

“How beautiful! I didn’t know that such a place existed in this part of town.” You could’ve sworn that you had the biggest smile you’ve ever had in your life. It was because of him that he made you smile again in a long time.

“Hey what’s wrong? You okay?” Jungkook was concerned because he noticed that tears were glistening down your face. 

“No, I’m fine it’s just that you’re the first guy, scratch that, the first person who’s taken me out of my comfort zone. Did you know a place like this was something that's been in my dreams since I was little? Thank you for that.” You became emotional for the first time in years. That’s when you realized that the use of serendipity had brought him right to you. He wiped your last few tears away with his handkerchief.

"Well, it was nothing really. I just wanted you to know that this date wasn't fake. To make you believe it, I was determined to take you on a date that you'll never,ever forget for the rest of your days." Jungkook became bashful at the thought of you being so happy for going on this date with him. 

"You think we should commemorate it. That was where he leaned closer to you. You suddenly got very flustered. He wanted to kiss you but was coming towards you at avery alarming rate. You pressed your finger against his lips. 

"Hey, we shouldn't risk this by going too far okay. Let's just look at the scenery for a little longer." You muttered to him. Now was not the time for kissing yet. 

You led him to thte sitting area. You tried to change the subject by looking at the vast ocean but, Jungkook was still looking at you with desire in his eyes. You were overwhelmed, you didn't know what to do. Your mind was flooding with many emotion s, it was too much for you to handle. 

"Okay enough already! I do like you. It's just that I'm not ready yet. Were barely starting to get to know each other and already you want a kiss from me! That is not how the first date works buddy!" You pressed your finger on his chest while you were berating him. 

All you want from Jungkook is to get to know you and vice versa. Right then and there is where he suddenly kissed you. Smack on the lips. You were about to whack him with you shoe until the kiss became passionate. It felt so nice and suddenly you became entranced by his love for you. That was the day you felt that everything was going to be alright. Or so you think.