5:-

Pretending Not To Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Hye again! Here's chap 5. The truth is, I'd finished writing chap 5 since like 4 days ago, but I'm not really satisfied after reading it again, so I delete the whole thing and re-wrote it. That's why it took longer than usual. I spent my night writing and here it is! This chap is longer, 6k words or sth, soo... have a nice reading guys! ^^

Oh I almost forgot, let me thanks everyone who's reading, subscribing and commenting! I'll reply to you all soon! Love yah!! ^^

They spent the night in Woohyun's room, taking care of him making Woohyun feels guilty. It was suppose to be a vacation for the others but now they are spending the night treating the sick doctor. Woohyun asked them to leave and have fun on their own but Sungyeol retorted him back by saying, how would we have fun when we know that you are lying almost dead here? making Woohyun sighed in despondency. They are still lingering in the room even though it is getting midnight and Woohyun give up asking them to leave and just deciding to sleep his tired body down. Sunggyu is still in his caring mode and Woohyun feels partly happy for it. It was worth it and he really hope that he'll always be sick so that Sunggyu will keep this sweet side of him.

The day went fast with Sungyeol and Myungsoo keep alternating taking care of Woohyun and Sunggyu was asleep for the whole night, might be feeling tired from the whole day event. Woohyun wake up on the next day, feeling refresh and hungry. His stomach is still protesting by vomiting acid but he feels much better than yesterday. Woohyun turn his head aside, only to found Sunggyu who is looking straight at him into the eye. He was a little startled.

"How are you?" He heard Sunggyu asked, but his mouth look barely moving. Woohyun just nodded at him as a reply.  He then averted his gaze when a small vibrating sound came from underneath his pillow. Woohyun roam his hand around the bed and pillow, searching for the source. He could see the light illuminated by the phone screen and he sighed at the caller name.

"Dongwoo-hyung," He said, simple. Sunggyu could hear some sounds came from the call that Woohyun is taking and it sounded serious because Woohyun has start frowning and he abruptly stood while holding his still thumping head.

"Wha—?" The stress level in Woohyun's voice seems raising and Woohyun has to put himself down to sit. He hasn't been eating well yesterday, so his body feels weak.

"A.Fib?! How about his urine?" Woohyun grab his bag at one corner of the room, and he pulls out 2 pills, that look like some painkiller and he pop it into his mouth, swallowing it dryly.

"Give him Amiodarone and prepare a room for surgery. Prepare more AB- blood please. I'll try to be there soon. But, if I couldn't get any flight, just start the surgery without me…" He ended the call, taking his stuff with him to the bathroom.

"Woohyun!"Woohyun turn his head toward Sunggyu who already sat on the bed while giving him a questioning gaze.

"I need to return to Yongin now, hyung… There's emergency…" He replied fast, closing the bathroom door at the same time. Sunggyu look stunned before he went to the phone calling for hotel receptionist.

"Yes. This is Dr.Nam Woo Hyun. Can you help me check for any flight to Incheon or Seoul in this nearest hours?" He waits, biting his finger at the same time. His eyes sometimes moves from the bathroom door, anticipating Woohyun to the surrounding room. Myungsoo and Sungyeol might have return to their room and Sunggyu bet, they are still sleeping because the time is still pretty early.

"Oh, thank you very much. I'll get it on my checkout. Thank you very much…" He put the phone down right after the sound of the bathroom door unlocked was heard. He turn his head to look at Woohyun who is ruffling his hair. Sunggyu eyed his face before he sighed.

"I've asked the receptionist to book you a ticket back to Gimpo." He pause. "You still haven't eat anything yet" He said, sitting on the bed again. Woohyun just smile while shaking his head.

"I'll just grab something from the airport later…" He tells, hand is buttoning his top shirt. His eyes is looking at the fidgeting Sunggyu before the elder raise from his sit and walk toward the door. Woohyun reacted fast, grabbing Sunggyu's wrist, turning the elder body to face him before he went out the door.

"What?" Sunggyu asked him, face suddenly changed into an annoyed one. Woohyun frown.

"How did you do it?" He asked, tone laced with a small anger. His hand is still grabbing Sunggyu wrist tight.

"Do what?" Sunggyu asked, the annoyed look is still maintained on his face. His eyes is boring into Woohyun black one.

"Damn it, hyung! I don't get you! Sometimes you're all sweet , but suddenly you changed into some that who's on PMS all the time! How did you do it, hyung?" Woohyun take his hand on to his forehead, slowly feeling the headache is coming to him again. He sighed. Sunggyu is still being silent, not intending to answer Woohyun's question. Woohyun released his wrist, moving to start preparing himself to leave.

"I'm sorry, hyung. Just…tell Myung, I'll be leaving first. I'll call him later…" He could see Sunggyu's small nod before the elder leave the room. He sighed deeply while sitting himself on the bed again.

"…" He grumbled, feeling the nausea is coming to attack him again.

Sunggyu return to his, Myungsoo and Sungyeol's share room with his head down. Woohyun's word rang loudly in his head and he didn't know how to react to it. He wanted to avoid Woohyun but he loved to be close to him at the same time. He groaned.

"-hyung?" He heard Myungsoo called for him. Sunggyu turn his head around to look at Myungsoo who's hair messy and eyes barely open. Sungyeol is sleeping at his side, partly hugging his waist with his mouth slightly open. He smile back at Myungsoo.

"Just sleep, Myung" He said softly, making his way toward the bathroom for his morning routine. Sunggyu didn't intend on turning back into sleep so he might better shower and intending to go downstairs searching for some breakfast.

"How's Woohyun-hyung?" He heard Myungsoo asked him from the door and Sunggyu just sighed. His hand reached for the toothpaste, spreading it slowly on his toothbrush.

"He's fine." He replied, simply didn't want to answer Myungsoo question regarding Woohyun. He could see the questioning glance that Myungsoo gave him, so he stop brushing.

"Ok. He leaved. He got a call from the hospital and he need to leave. First flight at 8 to Gimpo" Myungsoo frown, slightly not trusting with Sunggyu's forced answer  but still he nodded. He could hear Myungsoo step leaving the bathroom door, so he turn to locked the door down. His heart is feeling a little uneasy, but he doesn't know whether it was because of the cancer, or because of Woohyun. There's a huge emotion wave is coming to him and Sunggyu held the toothbrush in his hand tightly, trying to ride himself off the wave.

Myungsoo reached for his phone, trying to call Woohyun but it seems that the surgeon has shut his phone off. He look at the clock before he sighed in despair. It's almost 7, meaning that Woohyun has already leave to the airport. He feels guilty for not sending the doctors off, granted that he was the one who invited the doctor to come to Busan for the sudden vacation. He ruffled his hair, grunting a little.

"Hey, Myung… What it is? How's hyun?" He heard Sungyeol asked from the bed with a hoarse voice. Myungsoo walk to the bed, lying himself down to his boyfriend side before he peck the taller doctor on his lips.

"Woohyun-hyung leaved. He's boarding his flight at 8 this morning. Hyung said that he look fine…" He smile, showing his deep dimple at the side of his cheek. Sungyeol just nodded, planting his head back into the pillow.

"He's a doctor. He'll be fine…" He said, taking Myungsoo deeper into his arm. Myungsoo just chuckled, inhaling his boyfriend neck before he took the comforter covering his boyfriend off.

"I'm not sure about that. He's been someone patients' since last night…" Sungyeol heard Myungsoo replied, before he could feel a small wet kisses applied on his neck. He tore his eyes open slowly, looking at his boyfriend who is hovering him with a hand inside his shirt.

"Myung, what are you doing?" He asked, didn't want to fall into Myungsoo innuendo. Myungsoo just chuckled, but weirdly it sounded too y in Sungyeol's ear.

"I'm waking you up…." Myungsoo replied casually, hand is still rubbing the back of Sungyeol's body before he went up, kissing his boyfriend.

"Myung…s-stop it… Gyu-hyung…" He try to push Myungsoo away but it seems like the younger was kissing him stronger. Suddenly they heard someone coughing from the side of bed, and both feeling the goose-bump like a certain hamster is glaring at them with his small hawk eye.

"Stop it you two leeches. It's disgusting." They heard Sunggyu asked, before both parted and Myungsoo just chuckled.

Sungyeol shoved Myungsoo away, trying to leave the bed even though his face is showing a very bright red, feeling embarrass of being caught by his brother-in-law-to-be. Myungsoo is still laughing looking at Sungyeol clumsy act but he let him leave. Sunggyu just scoffed.

"Get ready fast. Let's go to Beomeosa…"Myungsoo stop laughing, giving him a raised brow. Sunggyu just throw him a towel, taking his jeans from a bag.

"You'll drive and we don't want our driver to be late" Sunggyu scolded him and Myungsoo just shrugged. He show the door of the bathroom that was locked and Sunggyu just sighed.

"No. Don't think of showering together. I might need to wait for like 2 hours before you guys manage to finish… Just wait for him…" He just chuckled as reply, making Sunggyu scoffed loudly at his face. Myungsoo sometimes can be ridiculous or sometime he is just simply .

Woohyun arrives at Yongin late after his supposed to be surgery was done by Dongwoo and some extra team that Dongwoo manage to gather for the last minutes. The patient was barely alive but his situation was still looking critical that Woohyun regret the most since he was suppose to be looking after the patient but he still went to Busan just to chase after Sunggyu, who unfortunately makes him extremely frustrated.

Woohyun put his backpack down beside the bed while taking a seat on the stool near the bed. His dewy eyes is gazing after the pale-looking patient on the bed. He feels like crying but he controls himself down. A small footstep was heard from the door and a hand is patting on his shoulder slowly. Woohyun is still not moving.

“He is still critical but he’s fine...” He heard Dongwoo says and Woohyun released a small sighed. He closed his eyes tightly, hands reaching for the lying patient cold one. He could feel a small movement and his eyes moves directly toward the patient’s face.

“Hey, Jin Woon. You’re awake...” He said, smiling bitterly. The patient, Jin Woon was looking slightly in daze but his eyes manage to emit a little bit of happiness as he smile back at Woohyun. There’s tube attached to his mouth and he was feeling uncomfortable about it. Jin Woon look like he wanted to say something but Woohyun just shake his head.

“No, not now. You still need to rest. Are you feeling uncomfortable somewhere?” Woohyun asked softly, hand slightly rubbing a comforting circle on its palm. Jin Woon shook his head and his eyes is still looking heavy. Woohyun smile and just patted his chest.

“Rest. The next time you open your eyes, we will remove the tube...” Maybe Jin Woon heard him or maybe not because the young guy has start closing his eyes and his heartbeat was slowing down as he was asleep. Dongwoo could see the sadness and worries coming from his friend.

“You are getting too attached, Hyun” Woohyun heard Dongwoo scolding him slowly and he just sighed again. Jin Woon was special to Woohyun. The high-school patient involved in a very huge accident between his bicycle and a car, and his condition was too critical on the time the ambulance sent him. Every single doctor around the hospital told he that Jin Woon was not strong enough for a surgery since his internal organ was badly damaged and half of his lungs were smashed badly but Woohyun didn’t want to lose his hope even before trying. He did what a doctor supposed to be doing, repeating surgery after surgery until Jin Woon condition manage to stable enough and the young boy was awake after a long 3 months of repeating surgery and Woohyun couldn’t be thankful enough. He even received special thanks from the Hospital Chief for his miracle achievement but Woohyun thought that it was all Jin Woon’s desire to live.

Jin Woon didn’t have any parents and he was living alone, managing his school and part time job at the same time making Woohyun feels a lot more responsible of saving the young boy. He created a special bond with Jin Woon without him realizing it and he will do his every best to help the young boy rebuild his life. He even help Jin Woon by supporting his medical fee at the hospital, making Jin Woon who is a very lively boy feels more than gratified toward Woohyun.

“I just care for him...” Woohyun grab his back pack again, this time stumbling a little. His hand reach for anything, which supposed to be Dongwoo, to help him clearing his dizzied head before Dongwoo took his shoulder and looking at his face with a very serious face.

“What happen to you, Woohyun? You suddenly asked for a week holidays and suddenly went to Busan and you return here looking like you haven’t been sleeping for the past of your supposed to be holiday. You look horrible...” He heard Dongwoo blabbering but he couldn’t care at the moment. Woohyun remove Dongwoo hand from his shoulder before he wear his back pack properly and walk toward the counter, ignoring Dongwoo who is still following him by his side.

“Nurse Kang, send Jin Woon complete file to my room. I mean, the updated one...” He said slowly and making his way back to his office, again ignoring Dongwoo.

“Nam Woohyun! Are you listening to me?” Dongwoo is practically screaming when they reached his office, making Woohyun stop on his step.

“No. I don’t want to listen to anything now, hyung! Please!” He shouted before he throw his back pack down, walking toward his treatment room, getting a few syringe and medicine from the cabinet. Dongwoo who look perplexed for a moment, shut his mouth down but he is still being stubborn, keep following Woohyun until the younger sat down on his bed, gesturing Dongwoo to sit beside him.

“Help me here, hyung” Woohyun said, ignoring his unstable emotion at the moment, making Dongwoo frown.

“You are in a very serious condition, Woohyun. This...” Dongwoo reads the bottle before he shook his head.

“You are not eating right? And this...” This time his frown gets deeper.

“No. I’m not giving you this...” Dongwoo said, leaving the bottle at the side. Woohyun glare at him before he stood, taking the bottle back and gave it to Dongwoo.

“I know myself the best and I really need this. Like now, hyung...” He said, frustrated. He heard Dongwoo sighed before the elder is taking a place at his side, taking a moving table toward the bed and Woohyun put his arm down.

“You better have a very good explanation because I’m not the type of doctor who infused another doctor some drugs that was supposed to be for a mentally depressed patient, Wooh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter