Chapter Three

Broken Glass
ChapteR Three
 
Sometimes there live someone behind us.
 
A lifeless day is an epitome of a feeble person. There were no signs of healing at all. I remained—adamant in my position since that worthless night. The entire place was as noiseless as it seemed. Well, except for Yoona's voice-like in circus' who was playing with Winter. That chubby, milky-coloured dog with flowy, fluffy furs. She was cute. Too cute to hug. Whilst I was contemplating the same routine, equal phrases that nothing had changed evoked at the back of my mind. Do I deserve to live?

30th of April 2011. The brightness of the day streamed right through the thin clothed reddish curtain, cascading down upon the wooden tiles. No patterns at all, just plain. Plain as me. I love being concealed. I love the way how those curtains blocked the stubborn lights, which were insisting to get in. But, it was no use. The lights were inviting me to witness them, causing me to part the curtains and there—eyes closing when almost all of them were welcoming me. That warm welcome. Its rays that glistened dappled throughout my flesh and each detail of this pale skin, they gave a feeling of belongingness. What is with the light, anyway?

Light is life, they said. Light is an electromagnetic radiation of any wavelength that travels in a vacuum with a speed of about 186, 281 miles (300,00 kilometers) per second; a source from the dictionary. Heaved a sigh, seemingly which gave me the lighter feeling, I presumed. Light—is just a light that is visible to every humans' eyes, and simply the night's competitor.

"Joohyun!" Yoona's voice subsequently called, bouncing in bliss into my ears. Her arms already waved in the air when I looked down from the balcony where I stood. Cheery as ever.

"Don't you want to go to school today?" Those hands cupped around upon added. Right, the school. The day of the orientation for freshmen and transferees. I almost forgot.

"Ah. Yes. I will just go to take a shower, unnie." Replied I calmly, enough for her to hear my voice.

School is not boring at all. I love it. I love schooling. Yet I have not made such friends, except for Yoona. She is friendly though, so everybody loves her, while I was a loner. Friends are—seemed to be the most wonderful thing to have in a life of a certain kind of a person, but, probably be the worst thing to earn when losing those friends. Despite of not experiencing those things yet, I could feel it. Yoona have lots of friend. Yoona was once lost a friend—and more.

Will I be able to gain friends in college though? Or even just a friend? These questions snapped inside my head a little sudden whilst reflecting under the sound of the dripping water against my bare body. Every drop has fallen, and had created a new sound of relief. It was cold, so cold that even the sun has no power to mount over the coldness the wind it brought to the city of Seoul.

This kind of weather only meant—participating...to me, yet more to my father towards me. I do not want to give a peer into his eyes, it gave me everything I should not remember. His senile emerald tainted orbs offered hints of crashing me down already. Those seemed to be grim eyes, they committed me shiver. Emanated I a quiet feared sigh before Yoona briskly interrupted these trembling thoughts.

"Are you excited to meet your classmates eh, Joohyun?" An arm shaking against mine. It was from her.

"Umm...sort of."

"Hey, you only have to answer a yes or a no."

"Well umm..." It usually took me to give an answer in a quiet longer period when it comes to some questions like this. Yet, the conversation diverted as his whole deep voice resonated out of the blue. My heart jumped so badly, could hardly looked onto his that I remained this head hung low. "We will be there in a minute, so you both prepare now." With obedience, both of us braced ourselves for it with the bag we are now holding already.

The distance from the house to the school is not too far, not too short, perhaps. It did not take much time though, and thus, the car had reached it in the latter. Both of us stepped out of the car and bade goodbyes, except me and him—except for the both of us at each other. It was the usual thing though ever since I existed. No matter how I wanted to be like some normal lass out there, it would still not be happening in my while empty life. "Bye, Joohyun! See you later eh." As briskly as she was, and soon, our ways had separated.

Since I am a freshman in an Art major, it showed no doubt why these ebony orbs of mine widened in awe just by the sight of that facade in front of me. Each detail was widely vivid, and way too artful. There were millions of colour painted in every corner, but far too much of a rainbow. Those lines that crept out of the pebbled shiny stones were much of a beauty! And that baroque-like concept with a mixture of a modern type on each detail from the top, were such so impressive indeed! Additional decors being imprinted along were much of in a renaissance period, I presumed. I was fascinated, which a small, awe-struck smile swept on my face. Everything in here was wonderful. Colours gave me colour.

After giving ears from an orientation happened earlier to how freshmen students should must and must not do, simple rules to be followed, and other whatnot, a professor then lent a hand to tour us in their so-called 'Art Galeria' or Art Gallery. The name says it all. And this place truly offered me a sense of pleasure and happiness. I just love art this way, where my eyes could not stop from being vagrant at the place filled with paintings—different paintings on a canvass, which stood unto my eyes, placed in each designated positions.

There was a Dadaism concept also of The Scream by Vincent Van Gogh, and that made me laughed in my thoughts. It was cute and superb. From each lighter step these feet took, will bring me to the different paintings, which I knew I could learn so much. Oh! There were sketches in a frame at the same time from the other section of the vast room. Hanging in a place on a deceiving designed wall, a cracked-like detail that entailed a concept of a vintage veneer—bringing up the epoch of it.

There were neither pauses, nor any stoppage by admiring those works made by mere students. I felt like my vital senses were alive from being dead for too long already. The feeling is indescribable. But a certain sketch had caught my attention. Brows wrinkled, and head cocked on the left side in deep surprised.

"I-is that me?" The sketch hung before me spoke no lies. I knew my face very well, naturally, and this one's just told me of whom I really am. Is that the way I look when I don't smile? I lost the focus of wondering, dragging me to do self-contemplating once again. Those expressions could clearly tell how unlucky I am.

"Don't you think it's beautiful?" The thoughts disappeared at the sudden voice of an unfamiliar man—tenor, beautiful, manly, full into my ears like notes were completely perfect in its scale. Little I froze.
 
yemakim here
tell me tell me tell meeee hahahah who could that man be?! O__O omoooo XD

PS: Please be updated~ <3