Chapter One

Broken Glass
ChapteR One
 
Sometimes there live someone behind you.
 
These breaths ebbing…ebbing to give up. Though life seems worthless, still, here I am breathing. There is nothing else that bores me, or if ever it has—that is—why am I still living? I feel life is unimportant. “I feel life is unimportant.” Speaking under breaths while I lay down on my tummy. Feet dangled, and arms clipping my sides; planking.

It was quiet than usual, the sky is beginning to be torn with dark. Dark creatures in gaiety had begun to partake the night of peace and cold. I opened my eyes, and see nothing, not even a illumination from the lampshade, nor the shade of the sun that was about to set. Everything is so lifeless—wishes I could be one. On the spur of the moment, I could hear the door squeaking to open, and the voice of the woman’s heels thudding through my bed. It was my mother. “Joohyun?” Her ever so calm calling sounded. She took a seat on the bed beside me, and fingers fondling my hair.


“You forgot to turn the light on again…” Mother spoke, before picking the pillows back on the bed that were heaping against the varnished wooden floor.

“Your pillows. I told you not to put them here, right?”

“I don’t like it.” Simply I mumbled. A sigh emanated from her thin crimson lips, something like a ‘could not insist’ kind of indication.

“Let us go downstairs now to eat. Your father is waiting.” And that I could not insist, causing me to go down from the bed and walked with her alongside. Not answering. Her arm encircled around my waist as she led. Father—the only human who was probably making my vital senses shivering into fear. The only father who hated his daughter. Biologically? I am not his. Yes, I am not his daughter. The pace down the stairs abruptly swifts, I managed. Mother is scared, too. Her natural ebony orbs telling me as I goggled upon her in quick glances.

She halted at an area where a wall was dividing the kitchen and hallway. Mother stared at me for an instant, scooping her palm on my right cheek and drew out a small nervous smile. She was so beautiful at that moment. Beautiful still. I stared back at her with apathy. “You will be all right, Joohyun. Mother is here.” Do you think I was with an angel? Because I think I was with an angel. With all the simplicity, I nodded, before she held my hand unto hers and this time—her smile was more thanan angel’s smile. It crooked like a never ending kind of felecity. I love my mother so much.

The lady in her casual white shirt and plaited on-the-knee skirt dragged me gently inside the kitchen. From a rapid turn, father darted sights at me with those eyes seemingly burns mine. They were piercing in pain as it brought mine. The loatheness from him to me evidently floated in the atmosphere. He averted down to his plate when a sound of cheer emitted from my older sister. Yoona. “Here, Joohyun!” Palms patting on the foamed cardigan seat, beckoning me to sit next to her, and I did. That music of her giggling soothes me somehow. “No, it peeves me out!” A sudden voice spluttered at the back of my head. I grumbled, softened a grumble with eyes tightened its shut. “Joohyun, are you okay?” Both of them questioned in worry—except for father. I waited to put pain in my head down. It was like a bee sting—and the voice—the voice struck again after a long while since it was gone. Soon I nodded, straightened out and back leaned against the seat, was smiling. “I am.”

Exasperated, father took a sigh and gesturing a hand to begin the meal for eating. In the midst of the diner, father began to speak once again, eyeing at Yoona-unnie.

“So, what are you planning for college, Yoona?” She lifted a head, munching and swallowsed what she was eating to make her reply in respect.


“I would like to take Photography, father.”


“No.” With an authoritative tone, father asserted. She was about to protest, but with father’s fleeting advances, my older sister could no longer make another thought.


“You need to take up Business for our company, Yoona. You will be the Yeun Family’s heiress. Have you forgotten that?”


“Yes, father.” A little flat tone-like she replied while I remained eating with my meal, as if I was out of the circle.

“How about you, Joohyun? What are you planning for college?”

As obvious it was from mother. Utensils placed aside upon pausing, and answered her plainly. “I will be taking Arts. Painting in specific.”

“Ooh…that would be great! You will be as amazing as Vincent Van Gogh.”

Vincent Van Gogh, certainly the one who led me to the world of painting. I etched a smile and continued my meal when Yoona’s foot softly hitting mine, sending a hidden message: Lucky you! “Nothing is luckier than you, unnie.”—replied I in my thoughts. For the love of a father—nothing is luckier than that.
 
yemakim here
author's note: good day everyone! this is yemakim again. /throws love/ this is actually the new Broken Glass in which YongSeo couple is one of the main characters. hoping this time i would get lots of comments since i badly need comments from you, my lovely readers; the way i write, the story, the consctruction of my sentences, plots, and many more. HAHAHA. so yesh, wishing to gain your hearts and especially you, yourself. TT___TT thank you so much and i love you! <3 <3 <3