Chapter 1: new life

Unexpected expectations


Chanmin's POV. School.

I woke up early today because I couldn't sleep last night. My heart beat like a drum in every millisecond. I expected a lot for the result. I didn't eat and sleep properly for a week for the sake of this scholarship. The only thing I wanted in my life this time, was my name 김짠민 (kim chanmin) was announced as a winner. I walked to school with my pale face and sweaty hands. As I reached the school gate, people were crowded. They exchanged strange stare and glimpsed at me. That was their usual expression to me, but I felt different today. Never mind those stares, I needed to believe in myself, my ability. I entered the class and sit in my seat as normal. Everyone started to fill the class one by one and I felt like it was years already. Time is slower when we are waiting.

"Hello! Handsome boys and pretty girls." My teacher said with a smile painted on his face, brighter than any other day. " For those who wait so long for the result of the scholarship, today you will be free to know." As he said, my heart started to beat faster. "Our monthly 1st rank student, Song Seulri-sii, what do you expect from this?" Teacher asked one of the top student students in my class. She was really smart, to be honest. My biggest rival of all. "I believe I can do this, seonsaengnim" she replied politely. Well, what answer did you expect from a top grade student? She ranked 1st and I ranked 10th. What was I suppose to be in? Even I used to be in that top position, but things changed. I will definitely fail this. NONONO I COULDN'T.

 " The result is unexpected. The one who will able to attend seoul university is........................KIM CHANMIN" wait! What did he say? Was that my name? Was that really Kim Chanmin? I turned to yebin who sat next to me." Is this real? Do you hear my name? Punch me!!!!" /BAAMMMPPP/ "this is real, pabo. You did it." Yebin said "why are you hitting me so hard, it hurts!!" Wait what did I say again? HURT? so this was truly and completely real. 

"Chanmin, congratulation. I know you will pass this." My teacher said and smiled at me. Finally, my dream was coming true. I could see it right in the corner of my eyes. I could imagine myself walk into colleague in just a month. There was nothing else I would wish for now. My expectation was true. This future would be a beautiful one. 

.............

Kim's residence

"Mom dad! I did it. I get the scholarship. I will be studying in Seoul for free." I shouted as soon as I arrived home. "We are proud of you, honey." Mom said as she hugged me tight. Her tear rolled down her cheeks and my shirt was wet. " My smart daughter is back." I cried and kissed her and dad on the cheeks, who was happening to look at me with proudness.

I sat on my bed, knees up, hands on the knees, and started to think of how wonderful my life would be in Seoul. I would be free from all the desperation here, all the restriction from my parents, all the high school life. I would enter a famous university, got a good job after I finished colleague, and my parents would be able to live in peace. I smiled with just the though of my delighted future. I was extremely looking forward to it. I would only need to wait for one more month after I graduated from high school and I would be automatically transfer to seoul.

/FAST FORWARDED/

I was in the school graduation's hall. Everyone was happy as well as me. "We did it through high school, chanmin." Yebin said. " you will be going to Seoul next week...as much as I don't want you to go, I want you to have a very bright future. Don't forget your Yebin, who will always be one your side." She said as she wiped tear on her cheeks. " thanks, yebinnie. I will be a good girl. Don't miss me. Let's take some photos. Smile! It is our graduation's day." I took my phone and started to take as many photos as I could. She was my one and only friend in high school. Everybody knew me but there wasn't anyone who would approach me like yebin did. It was dissapointed that I would start my new life without her. With this, I thought would I even have at least one friend in my new university? 

Train Station

I packed my stuffs and departed this beautiful hometown, busan. I headed to my second beautiful place, seoul, as I called. I hated goodbye, so I came here alone without mom, dad, and yebin. I just couldn't see them cry. They were so precious to me. After fews hours on the train, I finally reached Seoul. I was surprised and lost at the same time. Seoul is no joke. I could have been here all day asking for direction, if I haven't prepared before hand. Luckily, I have already checked the way to my university and how could I reached there by bus. After I walked few blocks back because I got off the bus at the wrong station, I was officially in front of THE UNIVERSITY OF KOREAN. A big thanks to a extraordinary tall and handsome boy who I bumped into since he help me find the way. There were dorms in the school for students, so I would be living there. 

Due to my exhaustion from traveling, I went straight to the dorm and collected my room key. The dorms were nice and big. There was one for girl and one for boy separately. As I reached my room, I noticed there were 2 beds which means there would be another person here. It was a room which I thought was 5 times bigger than my room back in Busan. The design and furnitures are so simple yet beautiful for girl. Well pink and purple. 

"Annyeonghasaeyeo!" I said as someone suddenly entered the room. She was a very pretty girl, as expected for a Seoul's girl. She looked at me with a straight face. Maybe, it was because of my dialact. I needed to secure the first impression. " You maybe wonder, I am from Busan. I get a scholarship here. My name's Kim Chanmin. Nice to meet you." I said with an awkward smile."Emm, yeah nice to meet you too. I am Im Shinyeong. We are roommate, I guess." She said with the same awkwardness, but she seemed to be a generous girl. "You won't really used to living here, aren't you? I will show you around the school and city, but i have some works to do now, I will be back in the morning. See you at school, tomorrow. Chanmin-ssi" she said as she bowed and left. She was no doubt a nice person, at least I should be friend her. I placed everything in its place and passed out on the bed with the though of living a NEW LIFE.

________________________

A/N: anohter chapter is up. For the university's name, well kinda awkward. I am running of idea for the name, so the university of Korea will work, I hope. It is also the boring one, because I need to give the backgrounds and feels. However, do you realize someone is coming in the plot. (Hint: on the way to university) Anyways, please support my fics. VOTE AND COMMENT. Thanks❤️❤️