just say yes

just say yes

Minseok is running late for the most important shoot the agency has this summer. There was something about summer weddings that attracted couples, which meant there were a lot of companies eager to take part in their summer campaign. He personally narrowed down the list of the sponsors, and the ones part of their shoot today were those who stood out and gave the best offers.

He’d left for Jeju from Gimpo on an early morning flight, unlike everyone else in the production crew who had left the day before. And it was a horrible experience for Minseok to say the least. He left his apartment at 2 in the morning for his 3:30 flight, but he had to go back midway since he ended up leaving his ticket on his bedside table. He hasn’t had a single wink of sleep, and he planned on taking a nap on the plane. But he was seated beside an old man who snores louder than a freight train. And when he arrived at the Jeju Airport, annoyed, pissed, and coffee-less, he finds out from the staff that there had been a mix up with his luggage. He was so close to lashing out at the people at the counter, but he was too tired to even care, so he just waited. Luckily, the mix-up wasn’t that major, and the baggage carrier had only forgotten to load his luggage onto the carousel.

He got out of the airport at about 5:30 in the morning, taking his time in looking for his designated driver and not bothering about the schedule at all. Which is why he failed to realize the fact that the location of the shoot was an hour from the airport. When he got into the car, he sees the messages from his dad and the head of the crew, Jongdae. All messages asking where he was, and the last few from Jongdae just screamed bloody murder.

He mentally castigates himself for letting a very important piece of information slip from his mind. Of course he had to be there early, the first scene that was going to be shot needed the sunrise as the background, which meant they only had a small timeframe to work with.
He can see from the window that the sky was slowly brightening, the sun is minutes away from making it’s way up. That’s when he know he’s really screwed.

“How long until we get there?” he asks, wanting to know if there was still a chance he could actually make it.

“5 minutes, sir. We’re very near actually.”

Minseok nods and simply hopes that his father hasn’t released his anger on the staff and crew. He’s quite surprised at the lack of reprimanding calls actually. His father has quite a temper, especially when things don’t go the way he wants them to. Which happens quite often, considering he had the weirdest demands and the most outrageous whims. He always said that it doesn’t really matter what people think, what matters is that he’s satisfied, proud, and happy with his work. Strangely enough, people seemed to like everything he does. Despite how peculiar his ideas are, people seem to be enamoured and charmed by it all.

Minseok vaguely remembers the advertisement that made their agency somewhat a household name. It was the 100 vows concept, wherein the couple in the short film goes to 100 different places around Asia to say their vows. It was expensive and very daring. But people liked it. And it actually started the mini-dress trend for weddings. He was 15. And he knew even then that he somehow has to adapt to, learn even, his father’s way of thinking well and beyond the box.

When he arrives on the set, the sun was already peeking through the horizon. He expects quite a scolding from his father, but he doesn’t get it. Instead, Heechul welcomes him with a bright smile. A smile that only meant something was up, and Minseok is absolutely terrified.

“Minseok-ah, I’m glad you’re finally here! How was the flight? You haven’t slept right? Have you eaten though?”

Now he’s sure that something really is up. His dad isn’t exactly the best at hiding things, because he’s usually blunt and straightforward. And a moment like this, when Heechul actually makes an effort to keep something from him, that scares him the most.

“Dad…”

His father obviously notices the worry in his tone. The scene is all too familiar, and unfortunately, it is a common happening between them. Heechul has this tendency of forgetting, or rather ignoring, the fact that Minseok was almost the opposite of him. Minseok is more timid and less excitable. So more often than not, Minseok is caught off-guard by his father’s crazy antics.

“Aww, I can’t hide anything from my little boy, can’t I?”

Heechul pats his head and ruffles his hair, a gesture that his father still does to him even though he’s already 22.

“Dad, what is it this time? You know I can’t take surprises well.”

His father laughs at that heartily, but he can see that there’s a glint of mischief in his eyes. Even though he’s currently possibly involved with his father’s newest experiment, it amazes him to see someone never lose that spark, that energy. But he also knows it will definitely get stressful on his part.

“Well, you’ll know in a bit.”

The anxiety that Minseok is feeling only grows stronger by the second. He should’ve known that there was something up when his father suddenly made him stay in Seoul a day longer to finish some other contracts that he could have finalized when they got back. He simply agreed then because he personally liked doing things ahead of time. But now he realizes that it might’ve been just a distraction for him.

“Everyone, please gather here for a second.”
 

All the crew and staff stop what they’re doing, and they all gather in front of Heechul. Minseok chooses to stay behind his father, so if things get really weird, it’ll easier to run and find a breather.

“So today is very special,” Heechul says, much to Minseok’s confusion, “despite his busy schedule, Luhan has graced us with his presence.”
 

Luhan.

He should’ve known that Luhan was going to be the leading man of their summer advertisement. His father adored Luhan very much, because the boy had naturally beautiful features and was as outgoing and unpredictable as he was. During shoots, Heechul didn’t need to direct Luhan at all. Somehow, he always understood what the older man wanted him to do.

Needless to say, Minseok had some sort of a grudge against Luhan. But that didn’t prevent him for being attracted to the other. It’s been 3 years since he first saw Luhan, during the boy’s first shoot with the agency. Minseok was dragged by his father to the shoot then, saying that there was someone he should meet, a boy his age that the agency recently signed. He was immediately smitten, there was something about how Luhan’s eyes sparkle, how he laughs. It’s the little things that got Minseok. But it’s just a crush, nothing more.

He’s actually been in a couple of relationships since then. But he’s never been the one who initiated them. He’s simply painfully awkward when it comes to showing or expressing his affection. Which is probably what killed most of the relationships he was in.

“And I’m also pleased to announce to everyone that Luhan and my son Minseok are getting married today.”

Minseok’s heart drops to his stomach, and he immediately feels blood rushing to his cheeks. So this was it? Minseok feels lightheaded, while everyone around them bursts into commotion, congratulating him and Luhan.

He looks across the crowd, and he sees Luhan having an animated conversation with his father. Luhan seems mostly shocked, but Minseok couldn’t find anger and irritation on his face. He, on the other hand, is still in a state of confusion.

Did his father just place him in an arranged marriage? Does that mean they’re the ones shooting the advertisement?

The latter makes him feel even more lightheaded. He’s never been part of any of the advertisements the agency has shot. Not unless his cameo as toddler in an old advertisement is included. But otherwise, he’s managed to beg off from any on-screen commitments. He’s just never been fond of being in front of the camera, and he’d rather be the person behind-the-scenes.

“Minseok?”
 

He turns around and Luhan is there, bright eyes and charming smile. They’re acquainted with each other, but they’ve never had a decent conversation on their own. They are always around people who filled the awkward silences.

“Uhm, hi.”

Minseok tries to feel the situation out, His ever unpredictable father has done it again. He has managed to pull something from his sleeve that he, or anyone for that matter, has never been done before. He has placed his son in a surprise arranged marriage, with the wedding happening on the same day he informed his son of the said wedding. Minseok realizes however, that he shouldn't take the engagement to seriously. Because his father is unpredictable, so is Luhan.

"Did your father even mention this to you beforehand?" Luhan says, letting out a slight chuckle that surprises Minseok a bit.

He shakes his head in response, “Nope, don’t worry though, I think it’s just for the shoot or something.”

He says that because his father has staged more intense scenes for the sake of his artistic satisfaction. Minseok remembers that just a few years back, he even staged a kidnapping scene for the sake of believability. He refused to do a rehearsed one, because he thinks even the best actress can’t express the proper emotions for the situation. So instead of telling her about it, they made the lead actress believe she was actually being kidnapped. The lead actress was mildly traumatized, but otherwise, it was another one of their successful shoots.

“I thought so too, but I think it’s legit? I mean my mom just texted me that my whole family’s coming tonight so…”

“Dad!!!”
 

ヽ(^。^)丿


It took Heechul and Jongdae thirty minutes to calm him down completely. His asthma even acted up, and they’re all just thankful that even though he hasn’t had an attack in years, he still brings an inhaler around.

“I know you might be mad at me right now, but Luhan’s a great guy! I just want the best for my only child!”

Minseok doesn’t know if he should be touched by his father’s intentions or be offended because he doesn’t trust Minseok to find someone decent for himself.

“Isn’t it too early for me to get married though? I mean I’m only 22, don’t you always tell me I should live my life to the fullest first or something?”

I married your mother at that age too remember? And living your life to the fullest doesn’t mean you have to be single, you can live your life to the fullest with Luhan.” he winks, and Minseok shudders just thinking of what his father could actually be implying.

“But I don’t even know him that much…”

“You like him a lot though.”

“I do not!”

“Yes you do, that’s why it’s him here and not Junmyeon.”
 

Jongdae, who was seated beside Heechul, visibly cringes at the mention of Junmyeon. Minseok laughs, because he knows that Jongdae has been chasing after an oblivious Junmyeon for some time now. And apparently, Heechul hasn’t caught on.


“Yeah fine, whatever. Marry me off to whoever you want, if that makes you happy. Jongdae likes Junmyeon, by the way.”

Jongdae glares at him from across the room, but Heechul pays no attention to that part of his statement.

“Aww, don’t be mad at me, okay? You know I love you, right? And if you’re still doubting my intentions, your mother actually approved of this.”

The news of his mother’s approval actually shocks him; growing up, it’s always been her who puts his father in line when the things he’s planning get too crazy. She’s patient and level-headed. And people always say Minseok takes a lot after her, in terms of looks and attitude.
 

And the mention of her reminds Minseok of the fact that Luhan’s family is coming. And he’s suddenly panicking again.

“Oh my god, dad. Who did you invite?”

“Well, I invited a couple of your aunts and uncles, cousins too. And your friends, of course.”

“Which friends, dad? Oh god.”

“I invited Baekhyun first, then I asked him to help me with list actually.”

“Oh god, oh god. Baekhyun is never going let me live this down.”

Baekhyun is one of his high school friends. They were part of a group, but somehow, despite their conflicting personalities, they became best friends. Baekhyun is also the only person he explicitly talked about Luhan to. So if Baekhyun was the one who helped in arranging the guest list, he should already expect a lot of his friends who would only support the endless banter Baekhyun would initiate.

“Minseok, the make-up artist is waiting for you in the air conditioned tent.” Jinri, one of the staff members, says, breaking him from his current state of panic.

Heechul gives him an apologetic smile before pushing him out of the trailer. He is led towards the tent on the other side of the grounds. But it still doesn't feel real to him though, and he's just going through the motions in a daze.

When he got on the plane that morning, it never crossed his mind that his own wedding is what was waiting for him in Jeju. Some part of him still wants to believe that this isn’t true, and that there will be no marriage contract signing later. That all the preparation, all the fuss they’re going through is for the sake of the camera.

But everything feels too real, and somehow he can’t exactly find it in himself to complain. He should somehow feel the need to go against it right? But he doesn’t. And it’s actually frustrating him. The make-up artist, Sunyoung, gives him a weird look, probably because his face unconsciously went through about 20 different expressions in less than 5 minutes.

“I’ve been working for your father for quite some time now, and it’s the first time I’m seeing that much emotion on your face.”

Minseok lowers his head in embarrassment, unaware that his emotions have been very transparent. Sunyoung was already working for their agency when he started interning about 3 years ago. She’s one of those people who, like Luhan, simply gets his father’s whims.

“I- I just feel really lost, I think? I mean is this even real, like-”

Sunyoung smiles at him sympathetically and says, “I know this must be really weird for you, but this is real. Your dad was really mum about the planning, but he told the committee heads beforehand. I knew about this months ago. So yes, this is very much real.”
Minseok takes a while to digest the new information, but he is grateful nonetheless. All he has are questions, and he’s glad he’s being given some answers.

“Didn’t you plan half of this though?”

Minseok nods, realizing that he actually planned his own wedding without knowing. Which only meant that all the weird and unorthodox ideas he came up with or agreed to are actually going to happen to him and Luhan.

“Oh .”
 

ヽ(^。^)丿


It’s already 8 in the morning when they start shooting. After realizing that he actually knows exactly what would be happening, Minseok arrives at a weird state of calm. Even though the thought of skinship mildly terrifies him, knowing what would go down somehow drives out most of the worries he had.

Before the actual wedding which will happen later that day, they’re supposed to have some sort of a pre-nuptial shoot and a couple of interviews here and there. Compared to their shoots the previous years, he’s just thankful that this one’s a lot tamer and natural. He should’ve seen it then, when his father suggested they go for a simpler and down to earth concept, that something was up.

Since they’re going for something minimalistic, the stylist made him wear a white button down shirt, denim shorts, and boat shoes. The entire outfit is sponsored by a single brand; he remembers signing with them because they offered not only clothes but also the accessories and footwear. The outfit is something he’d wear on a regular basis, and he thinks he might actually have the same pair of shorts at home.
 

He’s been waiting with the crew for almost 10 minutes now. He hasn’t seen Luhan since the boy approached him after the announcement. They were given different tents, so there would at least be a sense of surprise according to his father.

Heechul is busy taking over his technical job, making sure that the crew is all set for the shoot. He offered to still work though, but his father called bull, saying that whose father would allow their son to work on his wedding day.

When Luhan finally arrives on set, Minseok has to fight back a smile. Luhan was wearing the same thing as him, the only difference is that his button down is denim and his shorts are white.

Luhan approaches him with an unfamiliar shy smile. He’s so used to seeing confident smirks on Luhan’s face that the smile throws him off guard. He responds with a similar smile, and it feels awfully like an awkward first date, which is actually very funny since they’re getting married in a couple of hours.

There’s an uncomfortable silence between them which is interrupted by the sounds of cameras flashing.

“Okay, we want this to be very natural. You’re going to get married after all. We’ll give you tasks, the cameras will follow you but we will not instruct you in any way. First, the two of you will bike around this park.”

One of the crew members wheels in a cute mint green bicycle. And Minseok notices Luhan flinch at its sudden appearance.

“Um, are you okay?” he asks.

Luhan looks at him with wide eyes and says, “I- I honestly don’t know how…”

“You don’t know how to ride a bike?”

He finds it quite adorable, that the confident, charismatic, charming Luhan, doesn’t know how to ride a bicycle. It’s really the little things, he thinks.

"I can teach you if you want…”

Luhan immediately brightens up, unconsciously causing Minseok chest pains because of his eye smile. The glaring brightness of his smile softens abruptly when he hoists himself on the bike, although Minseok is thankful because he can at least breathe normally again, the apprehension on Luhan’s face worries him.

“It’s okay if you can’t keep your balance at first. I- I’ll keep you up, don’t worry.”

Luhan shoots him a grateful smile that hits him right in the feels. Everything feels so out of place though. He’s so used to seeing a confident Luhan, who instantly captures the cameras and everyone on set. The Luhan who would capture the hearts of everyone who’d come across his cinematic commercials.

But here in front of him is a Luhan that seemed like a lost little boy. He finds difficulty in adjusting himself on the bicycle, but after a couple of minutes struggling on his own, he finds a comfortable position for himself.

Minseok watches patiently, knowing that it must be nerve-wracking for Luhan to be struggling like this in front of the cameras. So he an eyebrow when the other pauses and looks at him expectantly.

“Uh, aren’t you gonna-” Luhan pauses, seemingly trying to look for the right words.

Minseok gets it immediately, so he tentatively places himself behind Luhan - his chest pressed to Luhan’s back and hands covering the other’s on the handle.

The set is silent, and Minseok feels that they’re all anticipating. From the corner of his eye, he can see his father’s blinding smile and deadly grip on Jongdae’s arm. Despite the fact he was wincing, Jongdae looked very much amused as well. The other staff seem to be interested too, and Minseok suddenly feels the heat on his cheeks.

He’s not paying attention when Luhan starts pedalling slowly. And his grip was still loose, then Luhan suddenly panics and ungracefully falls off the bicycle. There’s a collective gasp that fills the set. Everyone starts panicking, but Luhan dismisses them all, saying that he’s okay.
 

Heechul runs a quick inspection, then deems Luhan injury-less and ready to continue the shooting. Minseok doesn’t move an inch, unable to process how quickly things had happened. It’s only been 5 minutes, he thinks. And Luhan has already managed to almost-injure himself.
 

It’s going to be a long shoot.
 

ヽ(^。^)丿


The entire outdoor shoot was a fiasco. Luhan is terribly uncoordinated, and his balance is even worse. After the first fall, they thought things would turn for the better, but they didn’t. The shots looked cute and natural, because despite all the uncoordinated actions, Luhan was still his charming self. But the said shots were very difficult to achieve considering the fact that Minseok had to make sure Luhan doesn’t fall hard enough to break his face or any part of his body for that matter.

After the biking shoot, they were brought to a high platform and were told that they were bungee jumping. It took them a solid 30 minutes to get Luhan to admit his fear of heights, which prompted them to do something less intense. Instead of bungee jumping, they were brought to a playground at the resort and were told to play.

Minseok doesn’t know how an adult manages to hurts himself for falling off a kiddie swing for swinging too strongly, but Luhan does. Or how one slides of a see-saw, but Luhan does. Poor balance, Luhan has very poor balance.

He’s back at his tent, getting a retouch of his make-up, when his father barges in with a huge grin on his face.

“The shots are fantastic! You two look so good together, I think I’m going to cry…” he exaggerates by wiping a non-existent tear at the corner of his eye.

Minseok does his best not to roll his eyes, because that would be disrespectful of him. Especially when his father is in an obvious state of euphoria.

“Oh by the way, your mother just texted me. She’ll be here in a few minutes”

The announcement, although not unexpected, stirs up very conflicting emotions. He’s been labelled a mama’s boy, simply because he clinged to his mother a lot when he was younger. He was her mini-me, everyone agreed with that. They had a quiet kind of relationship, not showy, very little skinship. But ever since he was young, his mother was his confidant. Because she’d always listen, without any judgement, only guidance.

So he knows it’s only normal that he’d feel calmer at the notice of her arrival, but something in his gut is telling him that his mother’s arrival isn’t going to be as calming as it should be.

His train of thought is interrupted when their resident stylist, Soojung, enters his trailer with a garment bag in tow.

“Oh, are those the suits I designed with Kibum?”

Soojung nods, and his father claps with unmatched enthusiasm. Minseok thinks it’d be great if he somehow gets infected by his father’s bright disposition towards this unsolicited wedding. But the growing feeling is overpowered by confusion and tentativeness he feels.

It’s true though, that he’s terribly attracted to Luhan. The shoots only proving the undeniable, but the romantic in him wants to believe that relationships need a build-up. That affection, especially the physical kind, should only be initiated when the commitment is established.
But he knows that times have changed, and he may be too idealistic. He wonders though, if he’s capable of being affectionate to Luhan, a figure he only admired from afar, a mystery he’s yet to uncover.

“You both have two suits,” Soojung explains, “one for the wedding and a different one for the reception.”
Minseok nods mindlessly, but his attention is stolen away by the two suits currently being held up by his father - one white and the other black. Both have fine and intricate looking embellishments on the shoulder blade area, giving them a very unique and elegant feel.

He tries to recall the last time he wore a suit, and the only event that comes to mind is his high school prom - a boring, lackluster event that didn’t match the hype it got.

It’s quite overwhelming how grand this whole wedding is. He knows how much everything costs, since he’s the one who drafted most of the contracts and did the final auditing. The designer who won the bid for the rights of creating the suits to be worn in the supposed shoot is a close family friend. Kim Kibum, his father’s college junior, is a highly acclaimed designer. His works have been worn by celebrities around the world, meaning the price of his simplest suit could easily match or even exceed Minseok’s monthly salary. And the prices of these suits combined, according to the last cost check, is more than 6 months of his rent.

His father hands over the white suit and says, “Go ahead, try this one first. It’s the one I chose for the ceremony.”

He’s pushed towards the tiny dressing room before he could even grip the clothes hanger properly. The suit looks immaculate, and he’s just thankful it’s not off-the-rack because the dreaded price tag could’ve been there to mock him. Either way, he knows the price tag has 6 digits in it. He’s all about practicality after all. But this line of work calls for glamour, and his initial instinct is to distance himself from all of it.
 

Yet as he slips on the crisp button down, there’s this odd feeling of satisfaction. Maybe because he’s always associated the shoots to stress, and the break from the stress is a bit shocking. Something at the back of his mind is hinting that maybe, just maybe, this is something he’s been wanting all along.

It’s only a suit, he tells himself. But the person looking back at him feels completely different. Coupled by the darker make-up applied by Sunyoung, he could easily pass off as someone else. Or at least a bolder and darker version of himself.

He steps out of the dressing room feeling a bit different. He’s not sure what it is, but it’s there.

“Minnie!”

There she was. Seated beside his father was his mother, the same old bright smile on her lips.

“Mom, you’re here!” he says, the initial worries dissipating.

“Of course, she wouldn’t miss this. Right, Sohee?” his father says, arms around his mother’s shoulder. It’s a beautiful sight, seeing his parents still in love after all these years.

Minseok remembers the stories of course. How his father pursued his mother, what he had to do to prove his sincerity to the Ahns. It’s admirable, how the love translated to dedication and several other forms.

The couple motions for him to come closer, and they trap him between their arms. It’s something they did a lot when he was little, and he’s just glad, despite their idiosyncrasies, that his parents are his parents.
 

ヽ(^。^)丿


Minseok has been pacing the length of the trailer in a sad attempt to calm his nerves. The trailer is airconditioned, but he’s sweating like crazy - the news of the arrival of Luhan’s parents spreading around the set in the speed of light.

The three of them moved from his tent to the trailer once the news reached them, since it’ll be inappropriate if their first meeting would be at either of their messy tents. He’s just thankful he’s not wearing the suit still, because he would most likely sweat even more in those layers.
 

His parents are on the other side of the trailer, seated very comfortably on the couch. He knows they’re both very amused by his present state. He still can’t believe his mother him, letting this shotgun wedding happen. He’s not really complaining, it’s Luhan he’s getting married to after all. But he thought she’d know better than agree to her husband’s plan of ambushing her son into a shotgun wedding?
 

He knows their intentions are good - they always are. But he’s still taken aback by the obvious absurdity of it all. However, his current state of panic is caused not by the wedding per se, but by the fact that he’s going to formally meet Luhan’s parents in less than 15 minutes. He honestly thinks he got the losing side of the deal since his father treats Luhan like a son, and his mother had already met the boy on several occasions.

And it occurs to him that Luhan’s parents might have never even heard of him, and that thought only adds to his current state of panic. This means he’ll need to make a good impression at least, since Luhan’s more or less adored by his parents.

“Gosh, I never thought I’d live long enough to see you this flustered,” his mother teases.

He’s always been the calm, collected type. But this wedding has been bringing out sides to him that he never knew existed.

“Stop worrying! They’ll like you for sure.” his father says confidently, his tone hinting on another surprise.

There’s a tentative knock on the door, and Minseok’s feeling the nervousness at the tip of his fingers. The anticipation builds up slowly, and he curses Luhan for taking so much time in opening the door. The door opens and he’s greeted by the familiar mop of orange brown hair, accompanied by two very good looking adults.

He expected an awkward tension in the air, but there’s nothing but an odd sense of familiarity that catches him off-guard.
Much to his surprise, his father and the man who he assumes is Luhan’s father hug like old friends who haven’t seen each other in years.

“Kim Heechul, it’s been a while huh?”

“How long has it been, Henry, two years?”

The two men continue on conversing, and Minseok connects the dots. This is not just some acted upon whim, this is a pre-meditated and well-executed plan. A Kim Heechul signature.

“Our fathers know each other?” Luhan, who he hadn’t noticed approaching, asks. The boy looks as confused as he is, and somehow he feels a weird sense of comfort knowing that he isn’t the only one who’s lost in this very unorthodox situation.
“I’m not that surprised anymore at this point, well I don’t think anything else will surprise me,” he responds honestly, feeling comfortable in indulging the other with his thoughts.

Their mothers, on the other hand, are laughing about something. Without any form of notice, Luhan suddenly holds his hand, tugging him along towards the side of the room where their mothers were sitting.

The gesture, although surprising, makes him blush. He hates the fact that Luhan has this effect on him, but he realizes it’s okay since they’re getting married anyway. And it’s okay, great even, that he’s developing feelings this early. But still, he finds it very embarrassing, that he, a grown man, is blushing like some highschooler.

“Luhan, introduce me to Minseok.”

The sentence is spoken in English, but Minseok understands what it meant - the tidbits of English classes still in the nooks of his brain. Luhan’s mother seems intimidating at first, but she has the same charm that Luhan has.

“Fine, okay mama this is Minseok, Minseok this is my mother, Amber.”

The tension he’s been feeling slowly dissipates, because the conversations flow easily. The nervousness ebbs away, and he finds himself relaxing.

“So Minseok, what do you do?” Luhan’s mother asks, seemingly curious as to what kind of man her son is marrying.

“I work at the agency with my father, I mostly work with the contracts and the technical stuff.”

Amber just nods, and there’s a silence that’s almost immediately filled by the approach of the two fathers, who may or may not have conspired with each other to marry off their only children.

“Now we’ve all met, I think we should take our leave to give you two some alone time before the wedding.” his father says, subtly winking at his direction. Again he shudders at what his father could be implying.

Their parents bid goodbye, leaving them alone in the trailer. It’s not until the doors shut, the strong sound of the lock clicking resounding, does he realize.

“Did they just lock us up in here?”

They exchange a look, and on top of the very obvious sparks flying, there’s an understanding that could only come from growing up with parents who like to meddle with their children’s lovelife.

"Damn it."