Kris

Sheepdog Trials

"KRIS!"

"KRIS!"

Amber's loud voice echoed around the farmhouse, startling all animals but the one she wants.

This 'Kris' in questioned whined and buried deeper into his doggy bed. He just wanted to sleep, was that a crime?

Amber marched into the house.

"Kris, get your out of your bed before i burn it."

Kris yelped. No! His bed was his life!

Slowly, the black form of 'Kris' begrudgingly lifted off the said doggy bed and crawled towards Amber.

Amber smiled victoriously.

"Come on Kris, its only for an hour or so, then you can go back to bed."

Kris whined, but followed Amber towards the sheep pens.

"What sheep should we herd today? Should we have the older sheep, or some of the younger ones?" Amber looked towards the dog who was somehow snoozing while standing up.

"... Younger sheep it is."

###

"Come by Kris!"

The dog stayed where he was, the sheep were starting to move put of their herded together shape.

"Come by!"

No movement from the black lump in the grass.

"KRIS!"

Still nothing.

"My, that damn lazy dog."

Amber walked towards the black lump, scattering the sheep in the process.

As she neared the lump, she saw it breathing deeply. She tapped the lump with her shoe.

"Kris... Kris... KRIS!"

The lump jumped up and dived straight into Amber's leg, knocking her over.

"Omph!" Amber landed with the lump on top of her.

Kris had the audacity and intelligence to looked bashful and his masters chin in apology.

"Damn you Kris," Sighed Amber. "Just damn you... We'll never have you trained in time..."