Chapter 4 ; Full fledged jerk

Love me, My love [DISCONTINUED]

"And this will be your very first group assignment. The groups that I have assigned are placed on the lecture board at the third level below my name. Search for it and start the assignment with your groups immediately. That's all." and with that, the professor bowed a little before he left the lecture room.

Jacky heaved a small sigh before she got up and proceeded to move to the third level when someone stopped her. "Hey Jacky, do you think we'll be in the same team?" he asked, smiling a little. Jacky smiled back as she shrugged. The only friend she made in her major was Wonwoo and this guy named Hansol, he's half Korean and although he prefers to be addressed Vernon, he let her call him Hansol.

The two arrived at the third storey side by side before they headed to the board which was already crowded with students. There was 3 majors that are starting group assignments this week so a crowd was more or less expected. When the two finally managed to squeeze between the crowd and to the board, they quickly scanned the pieces of paper for their name.

"Aw, I guess we're not in the same group." Hansol pouted.

"You found your name? I haven't found mine yet gosh there are hundreds of names here you have a sharp eye." Jacky mumbled. After a few seconds, Hansol pointed out her name and Jacky softly thanked him before looking around for her groupmates. The first name she spotted among her groupmates was Seungkwan, so she literally went around the whole crowd, mumbling Seungkwan here and there, getting embarrassed in the process.

But not for long.

"Jacky! Jeonghan! Wonwoo! I'm Seungkwan!!" someone yelled, waving frantically in the middle of the crowd not caring if he captured unwanted attention or not. Jacky softly chuckled at his actions before going to him, bumping into someone in the process. "Oh i'm sorry." Jacky widened her eyes at the long haired guy in front of her. He gave her shivers as he reminded her or her old self.

Jacky eyed the long haired guy as she walked towards Seungkwan, only to discover that this long haired guy was her groupmate. "You must be Jacky ssi since I know Jeonghan hyung. Nice to meet you. My name is Boo Seungkwan." he smiled as he bowed politely. Jacky bowed back without saying anything as her eyes travelled to study Jeonghan again.

"Where is Wonwoo ssi?" Jeonghan asked curiously as he caught Jacky staring at him from the corner of his eyes. Jacky snapped back to reality when she heard Wonwoo's name. "Oh he's hospitalised due to a head injury, but he's able to think. Shall we visit him?" Jacky said.

"Well that's unfortunate how he missed all the assignments. Let's go then." Seungkwan nodded his head before he led the way.

 


 

Jacky found herself laughing hysterically as she walked beside Seungkwan with Jeonghan right at the back. This guy was downright awesome, Seungkwan was practically the most funniest guy she ever met in her entire life. For someone to make her laugh so easily and so fast, it wasn't easy and it definitely took skills. "You should totally be a comedian or an MC..." Jacky said as she wiped a tear from her eye after laughing so much.

"Jacky ssi which ward is he in?" Jeonghan asked as he stood in front of the receptionist. "Oh ward 114." The 3 got registered before they headed upstairs to meet the hospitalised boy for their group assignment. Jacky knocked on the door softly before opening it, revealing an unknown girl standing in front of Wonwoo, and she looked particularly upset.

"Do you not know how to knock?" Wonwoo yelled suddenly, startling Jacky and the two guys behind. "She did though..." Seungkwan mumbled aloud. "Who are you? Why are you here? Please get out and Jacky, I do not need your assistance today." Wonwoo said coldly before turning back to the girl.

Jacky felt her blood boil suddenly. She didn't know why she got so mad, but she did. She went a little more forward and threw the assignment papers on the floor with full strength, earning a loud clap which echoed the ward. "We are here for a group assignment and apparently YOU are in our group. So don't act like a spoilt brat and about the assistance? I'm not doing it anymore so you can just ask this lady here, to do everything for you. Good luck on your assignments and the fact that you're going to repeat your modules again next year."

And with that, Jacky stormed out of the ward. She hated people throwing her away like this, she hated rude people, she hated ungrateful people cause those were the reasons for her pain in the past, and she loathed it so much. "Jacky ssi...are you alright?" Jeonghan asked worriedly as he placed a hand on her shoulder.

Jacky felt as though her head just exploded. She stumbled back and sat down on one of the chairs outside the ward. "I-i'm...fine..." she managed a weak stutter before she heaved a deep sigh. On the other hand, Seungkwan can be seen crouching next to the door and putting his ear against the door to eavesdrop. After a minute or two, he got up and sat beside Jacky. "He was arguing with his girlfriend and they made up in less than 30 seconds. He was being a jerk to you then."

The fact that Wonwoo has a girlfriend dawned deeply onto Jacky, but she dismissed the thoughts and closed her eyes, trying to find peace from her sudden wrath. Jacky does have some anger management issues. It usually triggers whenever she gets reminded of her past...in a harsh way.

"Should we just do the group assignment without him? Why do we need a jerk on your team? Let's go to a cat cafe." Seungkwan suggested with a bright smile. By then, Jacky already opened her eyes to look at Seungkwan in amusement. "Why a cat cafe?" Jeonghan asked confusingly.

"Because, cats are cute, and cats can get Jacky's normal mood back, and it's a cafe, we can start discussing for our project there." Seungkwan replied childishly which made Jacky smile a little. It was her lucky day, that she got to meet such a moodmaker like Seungkwan. Just when the 3 were about to leave, the door to the ward opened, revealing the girl that was said to be, in an arguement with Wonwoo a while ago.

Jacky caught her rolling her eyes at her, even though it was really slight and in a split movement, she saw that rude act. "Wonwoo asked you to come in." the girl said lowly. Jacky stood up and grabbed her back before the other two stood up as well. She went in front of the door and stared at Wonwoo, not exchanging a single word, before walking off just like that.

"So we're really doing the project without him?" Jeonghan asked once more. "Who cares!" Jacky groaned frustratedly as she continued walking, only to be hugged by someone. "You just visited Wonwoo?" she asked as she slung an arm over Jacky's shoulder. Jacky glanced at Mingyu who was beside Yootae, before turning back to the girl.

"Listen Yootae, from today onwards, do not visit Jeon Wonwoo anymore. We're cutting off every assistance and we don't owe him . Alrights?" Jacky paused before turning to Mingyu. "You got that? Pass on that message. Let's not talk to each other again. Good day." she continued before pulling Yootae along, only to stop once more.

She turned back and pulled Seungkwan by the wrist, dragging the other 2 along. "I almost forgot about them. They are my teammates for the group assignment. Seungkwan and Jeonghan." Jacky introduced and Yootae bowed slightly before greeting them softly. Yootae did a mental calculation before stopping Jacky once more.

"Shouldn't there be 4 people per group?" Yootae asked. Jacky sighed as she wanted to reply, but got cut off by Seungkwan. "The last teammate, is of course, that jerky Jeon Wonwoo." he replied with a polite smile, which only ignited laughter from both Jacky and Jeonghan. Yootae raised an eyebrow, not knowing what was so funny.

"You should totally make friends with this guy. You'll never stop laughing." Jacky shook her head as she 4 continued walking.

 


 

"So, Jacky and two other guys came walking in while you and Mari were fighting. You got upset because she didn't knock on the door before coming in...or?" Mingyu looked at his hospitalised friend cluelessly. "Yes, wait no. Wait...I don't know. I just hate being interrupted." Wonwoo groaned.

"So...you scolded her harshly and said that you do not need her assistance today and asked her to get out...and she just exploded, right in front of Mari and you?" Mingyu reconfirmed and got a nod from the older one.

"Ah hyung! You can't be like that! That is so unreasonable. Jacky is also helping you for all your assignments, how can you phrase it in a way as if you are using her? She was really angry earlier on when I bumped into her with Yootae, I have never even seen her speak so...harshly before. Besides, just how many times are you and Mari noona going to fight? You two have been fighting like cats and dogs, are you two even a couple? I've never really liked Mari ever since you started dating her anyways." the younger one shook his head disappointingly.

"Ya that's because I don't give you the attention I always do before I started dating Mari. You can't just use that as a reason to dislike Mari." Wonwoo argued back defensively.

"No it's not because of that! Hyung! Do you think that i'm some kind of baby? Please! The both of you are not even the slightest bit compatible with each other. You two don't match do badly it's like putting an angel and a demon together! Besides, I seriously think that Jacky looks better with you than Mari." Mingyu yelled annoyingly.

"Jacky? Oh please! Forget it Mingyu! If you're going to take Jacky's side than so be it! I love Mari and that's that. No more arguing, you can go home." Wonwoo said firmly as he turned away from the latter. "Oh I think I told you that I disliked Mari for a gazillionth time, so I would take anyone's side against her. Even if it meant that she's your girl hyung. I've tried to like her several times for the sake of you, but I couldn't do it. Just so you know." the younger one explained before finally leaving the ward.

Wonwoo sighed in frustration before gripping his head, only to yelp in pain because of his injury. He was being a jerk huh. Wonwoo tapped his fingers against each other, before finally grabbing his phone to text someone. After only 10 minutes, he finally sent that burdensome message. A simple "I'm Sorry." to Jacky, hoping that she would miraculously forgive him.

And that was when his phone vibrated and his screen litted up. Wonwoo immediately answered the call when he saw Mari's ID blinking through his phone. 5 minutes right into the phone call, Wonwo started yelling into the phone. "STOP IT KIM MARI. Please i'm already having a headache don't make everything worst. Please eo? I love you so—" before he could finish, Mari already ended the call.

Wonwoo sighed. Things were not going well with Mari. The both of them just couldn't come up with an agreement to everything. Maybe Mingyu was right. Maybe they weren't compatible for each other, despite Wonwoo's love for her. Suddenly the door to the ward opened, and a doctor with a mask entered. "Mr Jeon? I'm going to do a blood test for you as part of the procedure for all our patients and to my knowledge, you haven't done one yet. So don't mind me." the doctor spoke lowly before he approached Wonwoo with a syringe.

Just when he was about to insert the needle in, Wonwoo grabbed his wrist, preventing him from doing so. "First up, among the doctors that visited my ward, I have never seen you before. And for blood tests, shouldn't the nurses be collecting the blood tests and not the doctors?" Wonwoo raise an eyebrow. There was something off about this doctor the moment he stepped in.

"I'm not letting you take any test on me unless I see a doctor that i'm familiar with, or the nurses that is assigned to my ward." he spoke as he gave the so called doctor a deadly stare.

"Mr Jeon, I can assure you that this is the standard procedure—" Wonwoo immediately pressed the button to call for the nurse. He could sense that the atmosphere had changed drastically as the doctor straightened his posture and began to step away from him. "If you don't trust me, then I will be glad to let the nurses take over." and with that, he bowed politely before leaving the ward in an unusually fast pace.

After the doctor left the ward and went to a safe distance, he took out a phone and began dialling for a number. After a few rings, person he called picked up.

"Did you get him?" The 'doctor' heaved a sigh before shaking his head.

"No hyung. He was too sharp." He replied, his voice trembling a little from the close call he had back there.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Then let's proceed with plan B."

 


 

I hoped you guys liked this chapter! And yes, Wonwoo has a girlfriend by the name of Kim Mari. Do you feel a connection already? Hahaha

-Mi Eun