Chapter 3 ; Nightmare

Love me, My love [DISCONTINUED]

Wonwoo stared at her as she was soundly asleep, there was something about her that seemed to attract him, but he didn't know what. He studied her carefully, but never laying a finger on her in case she wakes up and starts accusing him of again or something. It was already 10pm and she should be going home for tomorrow's classes, but he couldn't seem to bring himself to wake her up.

"Jacky ssi..." he spoke, almost like a whisper.

She hummed in her sleep before smiling, making him wonder what's going in her head right now. Suddenly, everything went pitch black, Wonwoo thought he fainted, but he could still feel his eyelids blinking, he was still conscious. He waited for some announcement of a sudden power failure, but nothing was announced throughout the whole hospital.

After a few minutes of waiting in the dark, Wonwoo heard gunshots, and that was when he woke Jacky up. "Jacky!" he shook her violently before he ripped off whatever tube was attached to him. Jacky woke up, intrigued by Wonwoo's sudden alarm only to find everything pitch dark. She couldn't even see Wonwoo's face.

"Wonwoo ssi what is going on?"

He placed a finger on her lips, shutting her up. "I think the hospital is being terrorised." he whispered. It was hella pathetic, this kind of stuff happens once in a blue moon, he never thought he would experience something like this, though it was thrilling in some aspects, he was also scared less.

Wonwoo opened the door slowly before he held Jacky's hand, not wanting to be alone in this situation, nor wanting to leave the girl all by herself. But there was one thing he found odd, how come nobody is coming out of their wards? It was strange indeed. With a nervous heart, Wonwoo quickly ran across softly to the fire escape stairs with Jacky's hand still in his.

On the other hand, Jacky has no idea what on Earth is happening, she just remembered falling asleep and waking up to Wonwoo's voice, only to notice everything dark and silent. She thought she was dreaming...until she heard yells from the top of the staircase. Alarmingly, she took the lead and quickly brought Wonwoo down as quiet as a mouse.

The two managed to escape to the first floor, they thought they could escape the entire premises, until Wonwoo got held back suddenly by a bunch of men. Jacky's eyes went wild as she looked around, only to find herself surrounded by men. Her hands were automatically twisted to the back and she was forced to kneel. Jacky hissed in pain as she swore she heard a crack from one of her hands.

"Boss we got her." the man thundered as he gripped onto the roots of her hair, pulling her head back.

Wonwoo stared in horror as he tried to struggle away from the men that was holding onto him but the head injury attacked him again making him fall back in his place, but he didn't give up. He continued to struggle until he was free, but not for long. Another gunshot was heard and Jacky widened her eyes as she saw the bullet went through Wonwoo.

The man in front of her stripped the mask from his face, finally showing his face.

"Kim Myungsoo?!" Jacky screamed. That was when she saw Yootae entering the place, only to be held by men as soon as she entered. Jacky could feel her tears spilling from her eyes when she saw Kim Myungsoo taking a gun and pointing towards Yootae before shooting her dead. She screamed at the top of her lungs only to find her voice deepening and deepening as she continued screaming. Realization hit her and she couldn't feel her hair on her shoulder anymore, she looked down only to find her chest sturdy instead of round like a girls.

She continued screaming, though now it sounds more like a man yelling rather than a woman screaming for her life. "You finally reveal yourself huh Hong Kijae?" Myungsoo smirked before he knelt on one knee and placed a gun at her temple. "I feel disgusted with myself for finding you attractive."

"Jacky ssi..."

Jacky stared into Kim Myungsoo's eyes with hers filled with fear.

"Jacky ssi!"

Her fear turned into anger as she stared at Myungsoo's smirk, finding ways to kill him if she ever gets out of this alive.

"Jacky ssi! You're having a fever! Wake up!"

Her anger was still burning in her before everything turned black.

 


 

"What the did you do to her?!" Yootae pointed an accusing finger at Wonwoo. Mingyu sighed frustratedly before he pushed her finger away. "Stop accusing him like that every damn time! What do you know?!" he yelled at her, completely furious that this person can just go around pointing fingers like that and making every assumption official.

"Yootae calm down...we haven't heard his side of the story..." the lady beside her said softly before she turned to Jacky who was sleeping on the hospital bed. "My daughter what happened to you?" she said worriedly.

Wonwoo couldn't really intepret what just happened, he woke up only to see Jacky with her head on the cabinet sleeping peacefully. He was quietly studying her features when all of a sudden she began kicking around and screaming with her eyes closed, he tried to shook her to consciousness but she refused to wake up and when he tried again, he realized that she was burning hot before he quickly called for a nurse.

A unfamiliar doctor came out from the office. "Who are you where was the previous doctor?" Yootae asked sharply. "I'm doctor Wen Junhui, a psychiatrist. The case with him is that there is nothing physically wrong with him, but he is emotionally unstable, may I ask if this is happening for the first time?" Junhui asked.

Mingyu furrowed his eyebrows. "Wait a minute, did you just say, him?" Mingyu asked, emphasizing the word 'him', pointing at Jacky. Junhui looked at the older lady before looking at the patient on the bed. "Ah, sorry, her. It's just that it's really late now. Deep apologies." he quickly apologized, mentally sighing in relief.

"I've never seen her experiencing such a thing before..." Jacky's mother spoke. "I really doubt that this is happening for the first time ma'am. There was a particular shock which happened in her life, which somehow left a scar on her mentally. Ever since that scar, I've just found out that she has been having distressing nightmares quite frequently which can damage her mentally and emotionally. All the nightmares she had previously weren't as strong as this one which unfortunately increased her temperature tremendously, so I can only suggest you to get a psychologist to treat her as soon as possible." and with that, Junhui bowed respectfully before walking away.

Wonwoo sighed, feeling guilty for not knowing that she had such a traumatizing experience which led her to a condition like this, but on the other hand he felt good that he was able to stop the the other night, he couldn't bear to imagine what would happen if he wasn't there that night.

Junhui furrowed his eyebrows as he looked at his clipboard once more before turning to his senior. "Sunbae, the patient you just reviewed, are you positive that he's a male?" he asked. "You mean Hong Kijae who changed his name to Jacky Hong? Yeah I'm positive he's a male. Why do you ask?" his senior replied curtly. Junhui shook his head, knowing what this meant anyways.

Mingyu led Wonwoo back to his ward while Yootae sat beside the bed Jacky was sleeping on with her mother. "I had no idea that would be this much of an impact for her..." her mother said sadly.

After an hour, Jacky's mother had to return home to finish her work so she left Yootae there to take care of Jacky, right when her mother left, Jacky's eyes fluttered opened. She sat up and streched and yawned. "Ah that was a good sleep..." Jacky mumbled before she looked at the bed she was sleeping on before looking at Yootae.

"Seriously? You had a good sleep?" Yootae asked, quite taken aback. Jacky nodded before looking at her curiously. "Why am I on a hospital bed though?" she asked.

"Uh nothing...since you're awake, lets get discharged and get you home. Your mother was really worried earlier. Let's go." Yootae flashed an assuring smile before helping her up from the bed. Jacky mentally sighed as she felt sorry for keeping this from her bestfriend and her mother. She heard what the doctor said earlier but pretended to be asleep. She knew she was mentally unstable, but she didn't want to go to psychologists, she just hated them to the core.

Plus that nightmare, she found it odd because she dreamt of someone she didn't knew but however in the dream, she sounded like she knew the person for a very long time. What's his name again? She tried hard to remember the name from her nightmare, but she just couldn't. The worst part was, she forgot the face of her nightmare.

 


 

The next afternoon, Jacky entered Wonwoo's ward with a happy hum which got him taken aback for a moment there. "Jacky ssi...are you alright?" he asked. She nodded and smiled at him to reassure him before placing today's assignment on the table beside him. Wonwoo glanced at her in doubt before picking up the assignment. "About the nightmares, why don't you close your eyes pretending that nothing is happening?" he said, advising her.

"Because it seemed too real..." she murmured lifelessly.

"Sure, but guns are too unrealistic. You know the security of South Korea right? Plus this hospital is too secured to be terrorised." he continued. Jacky looked at him. She remembered her dream now, thanks to him. But how the hell did Wonwoo know of all this?

"I catch on fast, plus you were mumbling last night too, so I just tried to guess. I never told Yootae, or your mother about the nightmare in case I got it wrong, or in case you didn't want to let them know about it. If they tried to stab you, close your eyes and take the stab, you'll find yourself safe when you wake up." Wonwoo looked up and smiled at her.

She slightly nodded, not knowing how a total stranger can understand her better than herself. Jacky quickly excused herself to the bathroom, only to clash into someone while she exited the ward. She looked at the guy who had a black cap covering his face. He was dressed entirely in black and he even wore a mask as though he didn't want anyone to recognize him.

However Jacky felt some sort of deja vu happening, as though she had met this guy before. "Are you alright?" she asked. The guy nodded before taking off his mask and smirked. "Jacky ssi, it's been a long time..." he mumbled.

She widened her eyes and pointed at him since she finally recognized who he was. He was the guy that approached her at the club the other night when she was with Yootae. "Hey L...what are you doing at a hospital?" The guy smirked again as he mentally thanked the lord that Jacky didn't recognize him from the night before the previous one.

Jacky noticed a bandage under the cap L was wearing, she wanted to point that out, but got cut off by the latter. "Oh i'm here to do a blood test. What about you? Taking care of your boyfriend I see?" L said as he slightly crooked his neck to get a good look at the guy in the ward Jacky just left from.

"Ah no. He's just a lecturemate—"

"Jacky!" the two turned behind to see Yootae approaching them. L widened his eyes as he immediately turned away. He wanted to flee the scene but the girl already reached their spot. "Who's this?" Yootae mumbled before she aggressively turned the guy over to look at his face. "Oh, it's you L."

He raised an eyebrow questioningly before chuckling. "I'll get going now. I'm late for my appointment." he said, excusing himself as he quickly walked away.

 

 

 

Pulling his mask back till his nose, he smirked. "Stupid es can't even recognize me from the day I tried to her. Ha. Life is making things easy for me."

 


 

that dramatic nightmare, well let me get this straight, it's sort of a narration nightmare where one dreams in an a general point of view, meaning not only as herself, but as other people too. Because I used to write dreams like this, and people critisize me for putting other characters' thoughts in the dreams as well. Just wanted to explain so you guys wouldn't get confused, kudos.

-Mi Eun