Chapter 1 ; Hello

Love me, My love [DISCONTINUED]

"Is school really starting tomorrow?" she asked, swinging her legs in the air. The latter sighed in annoyance before she threw a clothes peg at her. "Yes Kwon Yootae, you've been asking that for the nth time already, stop it!" she clicked her tongue before bringing her attention back to the book she was reading earlier on.

"Ya Hong Kijae—" The latter glared at Yootae. "Jacky." she said firmly. Yootae pouted before calling her Jacky. "Yes my bestfriend who is so bored she can't stop asking if school is starting tomorrow?" Jacky said as a matter of fact-ly. Yootae scowled at her jokingly before bringing back to the topic. "Are you sure you don't want me to be in the same course as you? You know I can still appeal right." Yootae said.

Jacky sat up straight and placed the book down, sighing once more. "Yootae I know you don't like music, sports is your forte so you don't need to go to the same course as me just to protect me. You've been doing that for years, even in America. I know how to protect myself now. I know how to lie now. So stop worrying. You're worst than my mum." Right then, the door opened, revealing Jacky's mother who crossed her arms playfully. "Are you complaining about me?" she raised an eyebrow.

Jacky immediately denied it as she flashed an embarrassed smile at her mother. "Anyways, dinner is ready, come down to eat." Mrs Hong smiled cheekily before she left the room. Jacky was going to get up from the bed when Yootae stopped her.

"You sure you don't need me with you right?"

"KWON YOOTAE!"

 


 

"Aigoo, someone's screaming in the night again." he shook his head as he heard a particular yell when he walked past the neighbourhood. He hated noisy nights though ironically Mingyu always blasted mixtapes during the night and he wasn't bothered one bit. Just when he was about to divert his attention to the pathway, he saw a girl leaving the house which he heard the yell from. He didn't really care much that is until he saw some mysterious guy from the back, approaching the girl slyly, and cunningly.

Wonwoo couldn't really not involve him in this situation right now. If the girl gets or attacked somehow, he would feel guilty for life. If only he could unsee all this. He quietly ran to the back of the mysterious guy and followed and observed him. He didn't want to attack a random passer-by so he wasn't making any assumptions. But true enough, this mysterious guy grabbed the girl in front of him.

Wonwoo felt as though he was going to have a heart attack. Never in his life has he done anything like this before and now, it's going to be his first time saving someone from getting ? Gosh that sounds weird. He mentally slapped himself out of his self-centered thoughts and shakily ran towards the in front of his eyes. He placed his arms around the guy's neck and squeeze his neck, not hard enough to kill him, but hard enough to let the girl go.

He pulled the guy back and he eventually let the girl go, but all of a sudden, he felt a strong impact on his head and the next thing he knew, darkness clouded his vision.

"Jacky are you alright?!" Yootae asked worriedly as she dropped the heavy wooden plank she used to hit the two guys. Jacky was stunned for a moment. She stared at the two guys on the floor, unconscious. "S-shouldn't we...bring them to the hospital or something?" she stuttered.

"They tried to you! Who cares!" and with that, Yootae dragged Jacky back to the house to calm her down.

 

Mingyu sighed loudly as his call was being directed to voicemail. It was 1am and his roommate, his bestfriend, Jeon Wonwoo wasn't back yet. Furthermore, school starts tomorrow and Wonwoo can't skip it since he is already repeating his year 1 modules cause he missed the exam last year due to the accident which broke his leg. Mingyu shook his head before switching on the GPS on his phone, trying to track Wonwoo's phone. He knew Wonwoo hated him tracking his phone, but he had no choice.

After 20 minutes, Mingyu found it strange that Wonwoo hasn't moved from his location. "What if he's dead?!" Mingyu began panicking as he rushed to find Wonwoo, and when he did, he found Wonwoo sitting on a pavement, and another guy was lying beside him. "Hyung!" he yelled before he ran towards him.

On the other hand, Wonwoo couldn't interpret where the hell he was, because of that sudden impact, he had forgotten what happened an hour ago, and why his head was hurting like hell, and furthermore why is there a guy on the ground beside him. "What happened?!" a sudden voice startled him and he turned to see Mingyu looking at him worriedly.

"I don't know..." his voice, hoarse. "Let's get you home." Mingyu sighed as he placed Wonwoo's arm over his shoulder and helped him up. That was when he noticed blood rolling down his forehead. "Hyung you're bleeding!" he said alarmingly.

Wonwoo's vision blurred and for a moment, his ears backed out on him and then, he passed out on Mingyu's arms.

 


 

"Hyung!!!" Wonwoo jerked up from bed and there it was, that sudden sharp pain inflicting on his head as though someone just stabbed him in the brain or something. "I really wanted to bring you to the hospital, if only there wasn't school today. But quickly wash up and change man!" Mingyu rushed.

Wonwoo finally got his mind in place and he began to panic when he realized today's the first day of school and he can't miss it because he's already repeating his modules. Trying his best to ignore the stabbing pain in his head, he quickly changed and pack up for school before leaving the dorm with Mingyu.

 

"Ya Hong Kijae you almost got yesterday and you still don't want me to appeal for your course?" Yootae yelled annoyingly. Jacky shook her head vigorously before getting her bag and putting on her shoes. "You know, I was scared yesterday, but now that I think of it, I don't really need to be scared, do I? I mean, me isn't going to change anything. It's not like i'm going to get preg—" Yootae covered Jacky's mouth to prevent her from saying more.

"Jacky Hong, don't say it like that, you're a girl, and is the most disgusting word in our female dictionary. Okay? So it's normal to be scared. People are going to suspect if you're not scared. So shush." Yootae said before uncovering . Jacky could only nod silently as she sighed once more.

The two girls went downstairs to greet goodbye to Jacky's mother. "Have fun at school my son." she hummed, oblivious to what she just said. Jacky stood still for a moment as she stared at her mother. "Umma." she called out once. Her mother looked at her and sighed. "Have a fun day at school, my daughter." Jacky nodded in gratitude as she smiled before turning away. Yootae on the other hand stared at Jacky for a moment. "Ya what are you staring at, wear your shoes." Jacky nagged as she lightly slapped her .

Yootae flinched when Jacky slapped her and unknowingly, her heart rate began increasing as she found it hot and suffocating for a moment. "Are you having a fever? Why are you so red all of a sudden?" Jacky asked, putting her palm on Yootae's forehead. "Ah ah? No...uh...let's just go to school." Yootae said softly as she pushed Jacky's hand away.

 


 

Wonwoo held onto his head, wondering what on earth happened to him. It was painful and he couldn't seem to concentrate on the lecture no matter how hard he forced himself to focus. The lecturer saw this, but he didn't even bat an eyelash at the poor boy. After all, since when do lecturers care about their students? They just teach. The guy beside him glanced at Wonwoo a few times before finally deciding to ask him if he's alright and he needed any help. "Excuse me..." he tapped on Wonwoo's shoulder. Wonwoo looked at the guy, still holding onto his head.

"Are you alright?" the guy asked. "I'm fine." Wonwoo found that the pain increased when he spoke so he decided to unwillingly ignore the guy beside him who was concerned. He tried to copy down as much as he can and figure it out later since he still has Mingyu to help him.

On the other hand, Jacky curiously glanced at the guy a row below her who kept holding his head. He looked as though he was in pain even though she couldn't really see his face, but she decided to knock it off and just concentrate on the class. The lecture ended faster than she thought and soon everyone was leaving the room. She looked at the clock and there was still about 30 minutes till Yoontae's class finishes, so she decided to wait.

"Uh excuse me, are you Hong Kijae?" Jacky turned around, panicking, but she sighed in relief when she saw the school's nurse in front of her. "I'm not Hong Kijae...I changed my name..." she said softly. The nurse snapped her fingers as if she has forgotten something. "Ah right, Jacky...I took down the wrong name, sorry. I'm supposed to do a blood test on you, do you mind following me to the office?" the nurse asked.

Jacky nodded and followed the nurse to the office, since she has nothing to do in the next 30 minutes anyways.

 

"Uh...damn..." the nurse cursed. Jacky raised an eyebrow at her. She didn't know that official school staff would actually swear like this in front of a student. Especially a staff of Seoul National University. Maybe it's a trend now? She was in America for the past 5 years, so she has a lot of catching up to do. "Wait here Jacky ssi, I forgot to bring some documents for your blood test, I will be right back." and with that, the nurse left the office with Jacky all alone.

She sighed in boredom as she fiddled with her fingers.

Just 5 minutes later, someone barged into the office. Jacky thought it was the nurse, but she was met with a guy who was walking in a staggering motion as though he was drunk. "Nurse...nurse...I need some painkillers..." he called out helplessly, his eyes was closed and he was gripping onto his head in agony.

Jacky was about to get up to find some painkillers for this poor guy, but he eventually fell on her and just like that, the pain increased. He literally screamed in agony before he finally opened his eyes. "I'm s-sor-rry...b-but can you please...f-find some p-paink-killers for m-me...?" he was in so much pain that even his voice was shaking.

And that was when Jacky got a closer look at his face, only to recognize that he was one of the guys that Yootae hit with a wooden plank the previous night. Her mind flashed back to this morning of what Yootae said to her. "People are going to suspect if you're not scared." and with that, Jacky pushed the guy back onto his back which ignited another groan in agony. "What are you doing?! It hurts!" he yelled out.

"What about you?! You tried to me yesterday! My fear is much more worst than this pain you're having okay! You deserved it!" Jacky yelled as she felt tears at the brim of her eyes. Subconsciously, her mind was acting and her body was following exactly how her mind wanted to and just like that, Jacky felt truly scared.

"What are you talking about?! I've never seen you before in my life!" He yelled out in defence, only to stop halfway when the pain attacked his head again.

"Don't lie to me—"

"Just what are you doing?!" a voice thundered the room.

Jacky felt that her tears has paused as she turned to look at who just entered the office. It was this bleached haired tall guy and she knew that he wasn't the other guy she saw last night. The guy glared at her and Jacky immediately backed off as she felt intimidated, she isn't really a person who would put up a fight and if she did, people might find out her secret.

"No what the hell are YOU doing yelling at my bestfriend like that?!" Jacky thought she died when she heard Yootae's voice overlapping the tall guy one's.

 

Wonwoo couldn't take it anymore. "ARGH SHUT THE UP AND GIVE ME PAINKILLERS GODDAMMIT!"

 

The whole school was sure they heard someone yelling.

 


 

That's it for the first chappie!!

-Mi Eun