Chapter 2 ; Assistance

Love me, My love [DISCONTINUED]

Yootae blinked a moment before attempting to get on her knees, only to be stopped by Mingyu. "I am so sorry I don't know what to do." she sobbed, begging for forgiveness. Jacky didn't know what to do either because earlier on, Yootae attempted to continue hitting them until Wonwoo remembered what exactly happened on that night and explained his side of the story, shutting Yootae up once and for all. Quite legit actually.

"Lets go to the hospital..." Jacky said softly. By now Wonwoo had already stopped groaning in pain as his pain temporarily subsided due to the painkillers Mingyu gave him. "You were screaming so loudly just now and now you're quiet like a mouse." Wonwoo mumbled annoyingly, rolling his eyes in process. "I'm so...sorry." Jacky sighed.

"Ya she said she's sorry don't scold her! Scold me! I was the one that hit you anyways." Yootae defended. "What did you even use to hit him?! Gosh." Mingyu shook his head before he helped Wonwoo up. "Let's get you to the hospital hyung." Mingyu said before the two walked towards the door.

"Let me pay for the bills. I'm coming along. C'mon Jacky." Yootae said, clinging arms with the latter. Mingyu glared at the girl. "No we don't need your he—" Wonwoo stepped on his foot, shutting Mingyu up. He brought his lips close to his ear and whispered. "Don't reject the help. Did you forget we are currently low on cash now?" Mingyu looked at him doubtfully before finally letting the girls follow them to the hospital.

 

"Blunt force trauma eh. The injury is quite serious so I suggest that you stay a week or two in the hospital to receive full treatment." the doctor said as he inspected Wonwoo's injury. Wonwoo choked on his saliva. WHAT?! A week or two?! That's ridiculous he's gonna have to continue repeating his modules if he keeps on getting hospitalized like this. "Doctor is there anyway he can not stay in the hospital for a week or two?" Mingyu asked worriedly.

The doctor sighed and shook his head. "I'm afraid not. There is a high chance of your injury is going to become worst than it already is, so please do consider hospitalisatioin." and with that, he left.

Mingyu had his head down, trying to think of a solution for his older friend which is supposed to be in the same year as he is. Having Wonwoo repeat his modules one more time is just ridiculously insane. "I am done for. I'm going to have to repeat once more. And it's only the beginning of the year. I am ing done for. Just kill me me already." Wonwoo groaned in annoyance.

Yootae narrowed her eyes as she stood outside the door, eavesdropping on their conversation. She quickly scurried to Jacky who was sitting down at the cashier and nudged her. "You said that guy takes the same class as you do right?" Yootae asked, earning a nod from the latter. "Well from what I heard, that guy is repeating his modules this year, and because of this incident, he has to repeat the modules once more." Jacky gasped, looking at her friend in disbelief. "Well it's my fault, but the only person who can help this guy, is you."

Wonwoo looked at his  ipod, not knowing what to do. He had listened to his playlist for at least 10 times and he is neither hungry nor sleepy. All he can do now is just stare into thin air. "It's the start line, tie your laces tight—" he stopped rapping when the pain attacked his head. Now he couldn't even rap. Just great. A knock was heard and Wonwoo curiously crooked his neck before managing to croak out a 'come in'.

Expecting that it was Mingyu, Wonwoo was kind of disappointed that he was greeted by the girl that caused all this agony in the first place. "Uh, good afternoon, how are you feeling?" she asked softly. Wonwoo remained expressionless as he looked away from her. "I'm not feeling good." he said bluntly.

The girl sighed before heading towards him and placing a few sheets of paper on the cabinet beside him. Wonwoo glanced at the girl before picking up the papers. He looked around before staring at her hard. "Are you serious this is illegal!" he whispered. "I know, but what can I do if i'm the reason that you have to repeat your modules again?" she said, feeling guilty.

"How did you even know that..." he mumbled. Wonwoo glanced at the paper before glancing at her again. "If I get caught, i'm putting the entire blame on you. Just know that." he said firmly before beginning to do the photocopied assignment that Yootae managed to get with Wonwoo's barcode. "I'm sorry, Wonwoo ssi." the girl apologised.

"How did you know my name I've never told you my name." He said, squinting his eyes suspiciously at her. "Uh...it's on your assignment..." she pointed at the sheet of paper. Wonwoo bit back his lips in embarrassment. There was an awkward silence before Wonwoo decided to break it. "If i'm not wrong, your name is Hong Kijae?"

"No!" she exclaimed and stood up at the same time, startling Wonwoo for a moment there. He stared at her weirdly before she finally sighed and sat back down. "My name is Jacky Hong. Not Hong Kijae." Jacky said. Wonwoo nodded, not wanting the girl to get worked up again just because he assumed that she went by the name of Hong Kijae.

 

"Are you crazy?! It's illegal!" He whispered aggresively. "So you're saying you want your friend to repeat his modules once more?" Yootae crossed her arms as she narrowed her eyes at Mingyu. "No but—"

"Then good. Since this is my fault, I'm taking responsibility. So bye. Don't talk to me." Yootae snarled before she attempted to leave. "Wait." Mingyu mumbled before he pulled her wrist to stop her from leaving. He was worried about this illegal procedure of photocopying assignments. But his chain of thoughts got disrupted when he felt Yootae's weight on him and the next thing he knew, she was on top of him on the floor.

His breath hitched for a moment as he got to inspect Yootae's facial features for that short moment. Her eyes, nose, lips. "What on crazy mother green Earth." and with that, she pushed herself up and glared at him. Mingyu finally snapped out of his thoughts and quickly stood up. "As...I was saying...uh...what happens if Wonwoo gets caught?" he asked awkwardly.

"Ah I don't know. I'll think of something when that happens. Now if you have nothing to say Mr. Kim Mingyu, I'm leaving." and with that, Yootae waved at him, only to be pulled back once more. This time she scowled at him, attempting to smack his face if he dares to put his hand on her again.

"That's unfair. You know my name but I don't know yours." he said bluntly, not knowing where this sudden confidence came from when he just got threatened and intimidated by this girl in front of him. Yootae smirked and jabbed his chest with her fingers, pushing him back.

"Well mister, that's for me to know, and for you to find out. Now, i'm really leaving. You dare pull my back again i'm going to ruin that handsome face of yours." Yootae threatened before she finally left. Mingyu coughed before something hit him. Did she just indirectly called him handsome? Unknowingly a smile began to crept on his face but he immediately frowned after thinking about the illegal procedure to prevent his best buddy from repeating his modules again.

"I am seriously doubting this..." he mumbled worriedly as he left the room.

 

Back at the hospital, the two had come to an agreement that Jacky becomes Wonwoo's so called 'slave' for the period of his hospitalisation. Though at first he didn't like that idea, he agreed to it anyways since he is the victim here. "Uh do you think you can make me some coffee?" he requested politely.

Jacky shook her head. "I don't think you can drink coffee..." she paused before she pointed at the clipboard hanging by his bed. "No you cannot drink coffee. It will worsen the injury. I'll just make you some tea...is that okay?" she asked, looking around for a teabag. "Sure, thank you Jacky ssi." he thanked.

Jacky went ahead with making tea for Wonwoo when she subconsciously blurted out lyrics of the recent mixtape she listened to. "The distance between us and number 1 is not far. We'll take the sand bags that dragged us down—" "Stop." Wonwoo said. Jacky nodded apologetically, thinking that her humming and sudden rapping made his head hurt even more.

"Did you just rap Ah Yeah?" he asked, taking her by surprise. "Uh...I guess?" Jacky tilted her head. Wonwoo smiled as he started to rap and thankfully his head didn't hurt so he was able to rap that whole verse completely. Jacky widened her eyes to the familiar voice that she has been listening to on her MP3 for the past few days. Before Jacky could continue, Yootae barged into the ward. "Good luck on those assignments agonyboy, I'm taking Jacky now, bye." and with that, Yootae dragged Jacky out.

"Wait!" Wonwoo hollered. Yootae clicked her tongue and looked back at the man. "I hate people asking me to wait. Time is of the essence!" she snapped back.

"Well I asked Jacky to be my so called 'assistance' for the period I am hospitalised and she agreed." he explained.

"What?! You did?!" Wonwoo heard two voices. One was from Mingyu directing to him and the other was from Yootae towards Jacky. "Hyung then what am I here for?!" Mingyu asked and acted as if he was hurt that Wonwoo didn't ask Mingyu to help instead. Yootae glanced a Jacky before putting an arm over her shoulder and faced one of the corners of the ward. "Why did you agree to it? What if he finds out?" she whispered. Jacky sighed and placed a hand on Yootae's shoulder.

"He's only gonna be hospitalised for 2 weeks. I'm only assisting him with assignment and normal stuff like getting water and coffee. Unless he can read minds, he'll never find out. So relax. It's not like i'm going to engage in much conversations with him. You know how much of a quiet person I am with other people." Jacky said.

Yootae crossed her arms and raised an eyebrow. "Oh really? I just saw you talking to him though." she said suspiciously. "That is because apparently he's the one that rapped the mixtape I have been blasting the past few days." Jacky explained, not sure if that sounds believable or even logical, but it's the truth.

All of a sudden, Yootae pushed her elbow back with much force and a 'oof' sound was heard. She turned around and smiled sinisterly to the poor guy on the floor that received her hard elbowing. "Eavesdropping is not a nice thing Mingyu ssi. Now since Jacky is your assistant for this next 2 weeks, you better not do anything to her. I'm going to take my leave now then." and with, Yootae left the ward(like a boss) with Mingyu on the floor, with his jaw dropped.

"What kind of girl is she?! She has unbelievable strength!" Mingyu exclaimed in disbelief.

"Uh well, she's a sporty person." Jacky explained briefly.

"Well that explains! Sheesh. Anyways Jacky ssi, you can go home now. I can take care of hyung—" Wonwoo interrupted him. "No Mingyu, you go home and rest."

Mingyu widened his eyes and looked at the older one. "Hyung, are you ditching me for the girl that got you into all this?!" he looked hurt for a moment there and Wonwoo just had to lightly punch him in the stomach to cut it out. "I'm having her here because she is the one that got into all this. Now go home Mingyu. Are you not going to listen to me?" he clicked his tongue.

Mingyu sighed and gave in. "Alright hyung, call me if you need anything. And you, Jacky ssi, I'm watching you." he said, squinting his eyes as he did that 'watching you' gesture, two fingers pointing at his eyes and then at her. Jacky raised an eyebrow and meekly nodded.

After Mingyu left, Wonwoo chuckled as he invited her to sit down. "That kid, he was so traumatized when I broke my leg last year that I had to repeat my modules again, so he's kind of protective. Please understand." he explained.

Jacky hummed and nodded her head.

"Well where were we? Oh right, about the mixtape, you were about to say something about it?"

"Ah right. Well, I just love your mixtapes, they are nice...to listen to..." she said softly.

"I'm curious about one thing though." Wonwoo paused and stared into her eyes. That made Jacky panic a little. Did Mingyu really eavesdrop on the conversation from the very beginning what if—.

"How come you're so quiet?"

"Huh?" that question took her by surprise.

"Well, I remember how loud you yelled and screamed at me when we're at the nurse office, and now you're as quiet as a mouse I can barely hear you sometimes. Wouldn't you get a sore throat from suddenly screaming so loud?"

Jacky blinked at him.

 


 

He hissed in pain as anger filled his eyes. His plan failed once more. "Woah dude, what happened to your head?" a guy came asking worriedly. He got up and began thrashing things around. "NONE OF YOUR ING BUSINESS ARGH!" he screamed, The guy's expression darkened as he got up and walked towards the furious man. He grabbed him by the neck and pin him on the wall.

"You failed, didn't you?" and with that, he threw the guy on the floor and stepped on him.

"How ing dare you raise your voice at me."

 

 

 

 

"How ing dare you, Kim Myungsoo."

 


 

Andddd i'll just leave a cliffhanger with Myungsoo's appearance! Anticipate on the next chapter <3

-Mi Eun